Service Workers at America’s Biggest Companies, like Dunkin’ Donuts, Burger King, & Dollar General, Still Don’t Make $15 an Hour, CEO Pay skyrocketing

They have to have minimal skill labor to fill the minimal skill jobs. That dosen't mean even minimal skill workers are going to work for less than $15.00. They might want to eat or rent a place to live. Groceries and housing going down where you live. Labor is THE biggest long term recurring resource cost in any small business. If you are not prepared to pay it, you will not have that resource, you will have shittier service than you do now, and people like me will not shop there, just to support small business. If you can't wrap your head around that, maybe being a small business owner isn't for you.
all those listed in the OP are not small business's,,

they are entry level jobs to develop skills for future jobs that are meant to provide a living,,

I am 100% against an artificial minimum wage at any level besides maybe at the city/town level.

That said, the idea that these companies cannot pay 15 an hour is a joke. If the local mom and pop ice cream shop can pay above 15 an hour and thrive then so can these larger companies.

I think some can’t understand that even though they are paid this amount everything around that store or bare minimum within the store the cost will go up on many items if not all.

I mean the only way to get ahead with this dream , would be have things cost what they did in the 70’s and get paid today the 15.00 an hr. Instead the pay stays in the same balance as the pay raise goes up they stay with each other , why can’t these ppl get it lol.

Well, there is always The Army. The pay isn't anything to write home about in the beginning and yes, the Generals make a lot more. But, the training is interesting, sometimes you get to travel and sometimes you get to blow crap up.
View attachment 633509

It is NOT the same today plus they are now a corporate bunch of whores they traded the retirement for 401k.
That makes them not for our country but for “ HOw much money can we milk out of these dumb mother fkrs” .

they are entry level jobs to develop skills for future jobs that are meant to provide a living,,
LOL problem is there won’t be a living.

Google riots over food, shelter taking place around the globe this is not the 70’s come back era we are never returning from this.
If you hear of infowars going under and folding it is then it’s all over why because he is the last true information provider left standing if they bring him down they bring down the entire information network that won’t really lie to ppl because they are paid off by huge corporations and that is another reason BIG TECH hates that news site.

It is NOT the same today plus they are now a corporate bunch of whores they traded the retirement for 401k.
That makes them not for our country but for “ HOw much money can we milk out of these dumb mother fkrs” .

What's wrong with a 401k plan? A lot of employers are likely to go out of business before the employee is ready for retirement and be unable to pay. 401k allows employees tax benefits to control their own pension.

LOL problem is there won’t be a living.

Google riots over food, shelter taking place around the globe this is not the 70’s come back era we are never returning from this.
If you hear of infowars going under and folding it is then it’s all over why because he is the last true information provider left standing if they bring him down they bring down the entire information network that won’t really lie to ppl because they are paid off by huge corporations and that is another reason BIG TECH hates that news site.
info wars isnt going under,, alex can never be stopped,,

Thousands of workers in food service, hospitality and retail are still making below $15 an hour, including the majority of workers at big-box stores and discount retailers.

So?

That dosen't mean even minimal skill workers are going to work for less than $15.00.
No one is being forced to take jobs that pay less than $15/hour. They do it voluntarily or the position goes unfilled.
A job is like any other transaction in the free market: there's a seller and a buyer, and if they agree on a price, the transaction is completed. The buyer is the employer, and the seller is the employee, who sets the price for the time/effort they sell to the employer. If the employer can't afford the employee's price, the transaction isn't completed.

No one is being forced to take jobs that pay less than $15/hour. They do it voluntarily or the position goes unfilled.
Yes, they are being forced to work at jobs that pay less than $15.

You're arguing in favour of poverty!

What has America become when you get so much support for that?

It really doesn't matter the size of the business. Labor is always a big resource cost, always has been and always will be. If you cannot attract that labor, them thinking working for you is a way to better themselves, you won't get that labor. Every place I go in Jackson, and West Tennessee is hiring, has labor shortage and advertising help wanted. Heck, I have even had head hunters calling me and I have been retired for 7 years. Labor is the key resource. If your business model cannot support paying for that resource, get out of business and go back to working for somebody else. Sounds inflationary, because it is, as I regard inflation as based on the increase in resource prices, prompting higher sale prices to stay inline with business models.

Right now, I see help wanted signs everywhere I go with quoted starting wages for entry level jobs between fifteen and seventeen dollars an hour and this is Arizona, not a high-cost state like New York, California or Washington.

I've warned Americans repeatedly in the past to not compare their country to third world standards.

But still they fall right into the trap!
in most cases thats true,, in this one its not, poor americans are so far above the poverty line its not worth the mention,,

There have always been poor Americans, and always will be BTW.

Thousands of workers in food service, hospitality and retail are still making below $15 an hour, including the majority of workers at big-box stores and discount retailers.

Never trust ANYTHING that a liberal journalist moron tells you without double checking it for yourself

for instance from your link:

Chipotle pays 54 percent of workers less than $15 an hour, even as the company paid CEO Brian Niccol $38 million in 2020.

that sounds really horrible, doesent it?

imagine some greedy fat cat capitalist CEO raking in $38 million while the employees starve

here’s the reality:

chipole has 98,000 employees

assume they are all full time, 40 hrs a week, 50 weeks a year

even if the greedy capitalist CEO worked for free and donated his entire salary to the poor, starving, downtrodden workers they only receive an EXTRA $7.72 A WEEK!

It really doesn't matter the size of the business. Labor is always a big resource cost, always has been and always will be. If you cannot attract that labor, them thinking working for you is a way to better themselves, you won't get that labor. Every place I go in Jackson, and West Tennessee is hiring, has labor shortage and advertising help wanted. Heck, I have even had head hunters calling me and I have been retired for 7 years. Labor is the key resource. If your business model cannot support paying for that resource, get out of business and go back to working for somebody else. Sounds inflationary, because it is, as I regard inflation as based on the increase in resource prices, prompting higher sale prices to stay inline with business models.
let the people starve long enough and the lower wage is more than acceptable,,

no one is forced to work those jobs,, they accepted them and decided to bitch about it instead of bettering themselves and getting a better job,,

What's wrong with a 401k plan? A lot of employers are likely to go out of business before the employee is ready for retirement and be unable to pay. 401k allows employees tax benefits to control their own pension.

For sure. I would much rather have a 401k than a company promised retirement. No way the company would pay what I have/will have saved by the time I am 65

Forum List

Back