Sessions, Pot, The UNITED S Of A, & State Laws That Are Illegal

Can states override federal laws by voting them out of their territory?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Excuse me. States don't have rights to override federal regulations without the participation of the other states in Congress. This was the mistake states made in legal analysis. But ignorance is no excuse and so they're going to learn the hard way that when you want to be a member of the UNITED States of America, you take the other states into consideration when it comes to laws specifically governing the Union of States: not just the individual ones.
If Congress oversteps its authority, they do. Pot regulation (along with a host of other things) should not be a federal issue.
Congress is the one with the authority to regulate drugs via the FDA. So what you're really advocating for is eliminating the FDA and its powers. Good luck.

BTW, the states overstepped their authority to affect the other states in the Union when deciding to defy federal law. The case those states would have to make is that the federal law was undeniably frivolous. However, the regulation of drugs is vital to the public's health. So again, good luck.
Therein lies the problem. Marijuana isn't a drug. Its a plant. If any regulation or restriction should be in place; it should be the Department of Agriculture making the call.
Both sides have valid points. Which demonstrates that this issue has been poorly handled from the very beginning.
So is hemp. Why dew ewe take em? So you can bend yer mind. Pay for your own rehab and no crying about death and pray to gawd no fool with a bent mind harms someone you love. End of story.

Willow, you should REALLY do some research before you start talking about drugs. You showed your ignorance when you tried to say that opium sap is the same as heroin, and you are showing it yet again, because hemp isn't the same thing as cannabis. Yes, the two plants are very similar, but cannabis is the one with the THC in it. Hemp itself has little to zero THC content. And, farmers that grow hemp have to have their fields inspected on a regular basis to make sure they aren't growing marijuana.

And, there are 2 different kinds of cannabis, Indica and Sativa. Both contain THC, but the effects of the two plants are quite different. Sativa gives an energized high with a body rush, whereas Indica is really good for pain relief and aiding a person in sleeping.
You on the other hand are an expert! Right?

You CAN become addicted to marijuana, and long term use of it will change the chemicals in your brain like serotonin. I dealt with people all the time that would come in to buy synthetic 5-HTP in order to try and help with the effects of their long time use of weed.

Well, I've been 420 friendly since I retired in 2002. And no, I haven't become physically addicted. If I run out, I run out and wait till I can get some more.

As far as the synthetic marijuana? That is BAD STUFF. Not only is it not anything chemically like natural cannabis, but they keep changing the formula to stay one step ahead of the authorities on a regular basis. That is the stuff that people are smoking and it makes them act crazy, get naked, and try to chew people's faces off. That and bath salts are two of the most dangerous things I can think of besides Fentanyl.

I didn't say anything about synthetic marijuana, I said synthetic 5-HTP.

What exactly is that? And, I would really like to hear what kind of withdrawl symptoms you had when you stopped.

I don't smoke weed. 5-HTP is a precursor in your body that becomes serotonin. When you lack serotonin production it can cause depression, among several other issues. Another good thing to add to 5-HTP is a good pro-biotic because a large amount of serotonin is produced in the intestines.

Serotonin Deficiency: Signs, Symptoms, Solutions

Wait a minute....................in post 332 you said that "as a previous head I can attest to it's addictive properties", but when I ask you what kind of physical symptoms you had, you then tell me in THIS post that you don't smoke weed.

Which post are you lying in? Post 332 or this one?

Wrong. You should pay attention before you accuse someone of lying. That was Vas, not me.

Well, I've been 420 friendly since I retired in 2002. And no, I haven't become physically addicted. If I run out, I run out and wait till I can get some more.

As far as the synthetic marijuana? That is BAD STUFF. Not only is it not anything chemically like natural cannabis, but they keep changing the formula to stay one step ahead of the authorities on a regular basis. That is the stuff that people are smoking and it makes them act crazy, get naked, and try to chew people's faces off. That and bath salts are two of the most dangerous things I can think of besides Fentanyl.

What exactly is that? And, I would really like to hear what kind of withdrawl symptoms you had when you stopped.

I don't smoke weed. 5-HTP is a precursor in your body that becomes serotonin. When you lack serotonin production it can cause depression, among several other issues. Another good thing to add to 5-HTP is a good pro-biotic because a large amount of serotonin is produced in the intestines.

Wait a minute....................in post 332 you said that "as a previous head I can attest to it's addictive properties", but when I ask you what kind of physical symptoms you had, you then tell me in THIS post that you don't smoke weed.

Wrong. You should pay attention before you accuse someone of lying. That was Vas, not me.

Sorry about the confusion. Your avatars look rather similar.

Im not refinding it lol. Just google it willow.
You are a liar if it existed you would have posted it.

Actually, he gave you the right information. Here ya go, happy cooking!

How Heroin Is Made

Heroin production begins with farmers who plant opium poppy seeds. After about 3 months, the poppies bloom. The pod of the poppy flower produces a milky fluid, which is the source of raw opium. Farmers split the pod with a special knife to harvest the opium, which quickly turns into a sticky brownish-black sap. The sap can be made into bricks, balls, or cakes and wrapped in leaves or plastic for storage .5

To continue the process of making heroin, farmers sell the opium to merchants or brokers, who bring the bricks to a refinery. Refinery workers add the bricks to barrels of boiling water and add lime to the mixture. A good deal of the product is waste, and this waste goes to the bottom of the barrel.5
A film of white morphine forms at the top. The workers harvest this morphine, and then reheat it with ammonia. The next stage of heroin production involves another round of filtering and boiling until a brown paste forms. Then, workers pour the morphine paste into molds and leave them to dry in the sun. It is possible to smoke the mixture at this point.5

Making heroin out of this paste involves a few more steps. The workers will:5

• Add acetic anhydride to morphine and boil the mixture for several hours.
  • Add water and chloroform and then drain the mixture.
  • Add sodium carbonate. The heroin will solidify at this stage.
  • Filter the heroin with activated charcoal and then add alcohol to purify it. They then gently heat the mixture to evaporate the alcohol and leave heroin.

• Add either ether or hydrochloric acid to the mixture to purify the heroin. The result is a white, fluffy powder.
But it’s just a flower right? And if ewe libtards don’t think they add shit to your cannibis you’re nuts.

You are one stupid contard. I mean even by contard standards you are on the extreme level of both willfully ignorant and terminally stupid.

You have had what heroin is explained to you- and you still just want to drag your strawman around behind you whining 'but heroin...but heroin.....'

the Stupid is terminal with you.
No asshole. It is you with the stupid stamp on yer forehead.
Just another stupid Contard
You have had what heroin is explained to you- and you still just want to drag your strawman around behind you whining 'but heroin...but heroin.....'

the Stupid is terminal with you

You are a liar if it existed you would have posted it.

Actually, he gave you the right information. Here ya go, happy cooking!

How Heroin Is Made

Heroin production begins with farmers who plant opium poppy seeds. After about 3 months, the poppies bloom. The pod of the poppy flower produces a milky fluid, which is the source of raw opium. Farmers split the pod with a special knife to harvest the opium, which quickly turns into a sticky brownish-black sap. The sap can be made into bricks, balls, or cakes and wrapped in leaves or plastic for storage .5

To continue the process of making heroin, farmers sell the opium to merchants or brokers, who bring the bricks to a refinery. Refinery workers add the bricks to barrels of boiling water and add lime to the mixture. A good deal of the product is waste, and this waste goes to the bottom of the barrel.5
A film of white morphine forms at the top. The workers harvest this morphine, and then reheat it with ammonia. The next stage of heroin production involves another round of filtering and boiling until a brown paste forms. Then, workers pour the morphine paste into molds and leave them to dry in the sun. It is possible to smoke the mixture at this point.5

Making heroin out of this paste involves a few more steps. The workers will:5

• Add acetic anhydride to morphine and boil the mixture for several hours.
  • Add water and chloroform and then drain the mixture.
  • Add sodium carbonate. The heroin will solidify at this stage.
  • Filter the heroin with activated charcoal and then add alcohol to purify it. They then gently heat the mixture to evaporate the alcohol and leave heroin.

• Add either ether or hydrochloric acid to the mixture to purify the heroin. The result is a white, fluffy powder.
But it’s just a flower right? And if ewe libtards don’t think they add shit to your cannibis you’re nuts.

You are one stupid contard. I mean even by contard standards you are on the extreme level of both willfully ignorant and terminally stupid.

the Stupid is terminal with you.
No asshole. It is you with the stupid stamp on yer forehead.
Just another stupid Contard

the Stupid is terminal with you
Incorrect!

Excuse me. States don't have rights to override federal regulations without the participation of the other states in Congress. This was the mistake states made in legal analysis. But ignorance is no excuse and so they're going to learn the hard way that when you want to be a member of the UNITED States of America, you take the other states into consideration when it comes to laws specifically governing the Union of States: not just the individual ones.
If Congress oversteps its authority, they do. Pot regulation (along with a host of other things) should not be a federal issue.
Congress is the one with the authority to regulate drugs via the FDA. So what you're really advocating for is eliminating the FDA and its powers. Good luck.

BTW, the states overstepped their authority to affect the other states in the Union when deciding to defy federal law. The case those states would have to make is that the federal law was undeniably frivolous. However, the regulation of drugs is vital to the public's health. So again, good luck.
Therein lies the problem. Marijuana isn't a drug. Its a plant. If any regulation or restriction should be in place; it should be the Department of Agriculture making the call.
Both sides have valid points. Which demonstrates that this issue has been poorly handled from the very beginning.
So is hemp. Why dew ewe take em? So you can bend yer mind. Pay for your own rehab and no crying about death and pray to gawd no fool with a bent mind harms someone you love. End of story.

Willow, you should REALLY do some research before you start talking about drugs. You showed your ignorance when you tried to say that opium sap is the same as heroin, and you are showing it yet again, because hemp isn't the same thing as cannabis. Yes, the two plants are very similar, but cannabis is the one with the THC in it. Hemp itself has little to zero THC content. And, farmers that grow hemp have to have their fields inspected on a regular basis to make sure they aren't growing marijuana.

And, there are 2 different kinds of cannabis, Indica and Sativa. Both contain THC, but the effects of the two plants are quite different. Sativa gives an energized high with a body rush, whereas Indica is really good for pain relief and aiding a person in sleeping.

Dunno if I would call myself an "expert", but I will say that I am well educated in this area. The last 8 years of my Navy career, they decided that I would make a good Drug and Alcohol Program Advisor, and they sent me to school for that. I also worked as a volunteer counselor at the Fall River detox, and so yeah, I have a bit of experience here.

Congress is the one with the authority to regulate drugs via the FDA. So what you're really advocating for is eliminating the FDA and its powers. Good luck..

Yet the FDA doesn't regulate alcohol- which is much more addictive than pot.

What we are advocating is treating pot like its closest analogue- alcohol.

Prohibition of alcohol failed miserably- it killed thousands of Americans, and literally enabled violent Organized Crime- Prohibition of pot has also.

Why you want to keep funneling the money from pot sales into the pockets of criminals I don't understand.

Dunno if I would call myself an "expert", but I will say that I am well educated in this area. The last 8 years of my Navy career, they decided that I would make a good Drug and Alcohol Program Advisor, and they sent me to school for that. I also worked as a volunteer counselor at the Fall River detox, and so yeah, I have a bit of experience here.
From what you have written your experience comes from use!

Not reading the previous 29 pages.

Sessions is attacking states rights and more republicans will jump on board as pot has become a major form of revenue for these states.
Did Jeff Sessions Just Increase the Odds Congress Will Make Marijuana Legal?
Sessions is trying to turn back the clock and will fail as legalization has far more support now.
Excuse me. States don't have rights to override federal regulations without the participation of the other states in Congress. .

You keep saying that like if you keep repeating it, it will somehow make what you say true.

Sorry about the confusion. Your avatars look rather similar.

See, you've provided proof of what weed can do! :muahaha:

From what you have written I suspect you were dropped on your head a lot as a baby.

Or so many players use it in the offseason already they might as well just allow it. They start the testing cycle on April 20th ironically, and generally most players only get tested once a year, unless they have tested dirty before.

Actually, they have said that marijuana is good enough for pain relief from playing. And, they also said that the opiates that they are given for pain are actually more harmful to their bodies than cannabis.

And, I can attest to the pain relief properties of marijuana. My roomie uses it for pain relief because she doesn't want to take any of the painkillers that the doctor prescribes her. Seems that when she takes a prescription med, she ends up constipated. Doesn't happen when she smokes.

Oh I've heard all about it... I'm just not so sure about the idea that it isn't addictive. See Josh Gordan, Ricky Williams, and Nate Diaz.

Marijuana is not physically addictive. You can stop smoking it and your body will not have any kind of withdrawl from stopping. And, I can attest to that particular little thing, because before CO went recreational, buying in my area was seasonal, and there were times that you couldn't find any for a couple of weeks. When the dry times came and I ran out, I simply just waited until it became available again. And no, I didn't have any withdrawl from it.

I've also talked to quite a few veterans up in CO (I always am wearing a US Navy Retired ballcap and vets come up and talk with me), who have said that when they came back from the ME, the VA had them on a regimen of 10 to 15 pills PER DAY for various things like PTSD and the like. Well, when CO went recreational, they decided to see if it could help with their problems, and guess what? It did, and they dropped from 10 to 15 pills per day to just one or two, and were healthier because they weren't experiencing all the side effects of the other medications. Opiates make you constipated by the way.

And yeah, you could say that people can become mentally addicted to marijuana, but you can become mentally addicted to ANYTHING, from people (it's called codependency), to gambling, to shopping, to exercise, to food, etc.

You CAN become addicted to marijuana, and long term use of it will change the chemicals in your brain like serotonin. I dealt with people all the time that would come in to buy synthetic 5-HTP in order to try and help with the effects of their long time use of weed.

I have a friend who is very type 'A'- smoked pot daily for 30 years- took the edge off each evening after he finished work. He decided smoking was bad for his cycling- so he stopped cold turkey one day. Did he miss the high? Yes. Did he go through 'withdrawels"? No. He just rode more.

From what you have written I suspect you were dropped on your head a lot as a baby.
I suspect you must go fuck yourself cause no one else will.

[Q
Please go back to high school, all of you, and relearn the American Government class you skipped a lot to go get stoned in the bushes outside school.

The irony of Silly lecturing anyone on learning about the law and government is pretty hilarious.

She confuses her delusions with the law.

I suspect you must go fuck yourself cause no one else will.

Why am I not surprised that you fantasize about posters sex lives?

Actually, they have said that marijuana is good enough for pain relief from playing. And, they also said that the opiates that they are given for pain are actually more harmful to their bodies than cannabis.

And, I can attest to the pain relief properties of marijuana. My roomie uses it for pain relief because she doesn't want to take any of the painkillers that the doctor prescribes her. Seems that when she takes a prescription med, she ends up constipated. Doesn't happen when she smokes.

Oh I've heard all about it... I'm just not so sure about the idea that it isn't addictive. See Josh Gordan, Ricky Williams, and Nate Diaz.

Marijuana is not physically addictive. You can stop smoking it and your body will not have any kind of withdrawl from stopping. And, I can attest to that particular little thing, because before CO went recreational, buying in my area was seasonal, and there were times that you couldn't find any for a couple of weeks. When the dry times came and I ran out, I simply just waited until it became available again. And no, I didn't have any withdrawl from it.

I've also talked to quite a few veterans up in CO (I always am wearing a US Navy Retired ballcap and vets come up and talk with me), who have said that when they came back from the ME, the VA had them on a regimen of 10 to 15 pills PER DAY for various things like PTSD and the like. Well, when CO went recreational, they decided to see if it could help with their problems, and guess what? It did, and they dropped from 10 to 15 pills per day to just one or two, and were healthier because they weren't experiencing all the side effects of the other medications. Opiates make you constipated by the way.

And yeah, you could say that people can become mentally addicted to marijuana, but you can become mentally addicted to ANYTHING, from people (it's called codependency), to gambling, to shopping, to exercise, to food, etc.

I have a friend who is very type 'A'- smoked pot daily for 30 years- took the edge off each evening after he finished work. He decided smoking was bad for his cycling- so he stopped cold turkey one day. Did he miss the high? Yes. Did he go through 'withdrawels"? No. He just rode more.

You know, for a while, there was a time that I smoked both cigarettes and marijuana. Then, one day, I decided to get back on the bicycle and quit smoking cigarettes, but not marijuana. Well, I noticed that my wind went back up and my O2 uptake was on the rise. Last physical that I had was in June and I had been away from cigarettes for around 5 years by then, and my O2 stats were at excellent levels according to my doctor. He said that for a 53 year old man, I was in really good health.

Marijuana doesn't seem to affect my oxygen uptake.

Marijuana doesn't seem to affect my oxygen uptake

Smoking it through water, a "bong," cools the smoke and removes the large particles/ash. Bongs help lung capacity...

Sincerely,

Michael COUNT MY GOLD MEDALS Phelps

Actually, that could be the reason. Back in 2004, I came up with a bong design of my own invention. It filters through 3/4 gal. of water, and the only smoke that hits the air is what comes out of your lungs. Matter of fact, you can walk into my house 5 min after I've had a few tokes, and you can't tell anything. Because of that, both my roomie and I decided that in order to not make the house stink, joints and pipes would not be allowed in the house, only pinch hitters and my bong Marvin.

Come to think of it..............the last time I smoked a joint was back in August when I went to visit my cousins in Greeley CO. All the other smoking I've done has been with my waterpipe.

The safest and best way to get the highest amount of whatever compound of weed you are smoking is through a vaporizer. It's still addictive. :coffee:

Smoking a sane amount of weed through a bong has vastly more health benefits than harm.

Like everything else in life, there is always some idiot who will go too far. The record on reefer vs. booze is laughable. Reefer is infinitely safer. Booze is vastly more addictive. Almost all of the homeless addicts are booze, pills, and crack.

Forum List

Back