Seven people found shot to death inside Texas home during Dallas Cowboys party

"Graphics have been used to make the killing of the seven people seem like the house is having an exocism" - Rush Dimbaugh -

That's tragic and troubling. Considering it is Texas, not one other person was armed? Lost life because of a relationship gone sour.
You might not believe this, but most people don't carry a gun when they go to someone's house to watch football- even in Texas.

Is it that they don't carry or others don't know they are carrying?

Sadly, we know that one nut was carrying. RIP. A sad result to what was supposed to be a fun celebration of a sporting event.

That's tragic and troubling. Considering it is Texas, not one other person was armed? Lost life because of a relationship gone sour.
You say that as though you're unaware of the fact that relationship violence is epidemic in this country. Three women are killed every day by a current or former partner - and leaving is the most deadly time of all. Abusers aren't at all averse to also murdering children and other family members because of their anger over 'a relationship gone sour'. Domestic violence incidents are also the most deadly type of call-out for the police.
Agreed domestic violence is one of the top forms of violence in the US, but, tragic as it is, as the stats below prove, not an "epidemic".

CDC: Half Of All Female Homicide Victims Are Killed By Intimate Partners
More than half of female homicide victims were killed in connection to intimate partner violence — and in 10 percent of those cases, violence shortly before the killing might have provided an opportunity for intervention.

That is according to a new report from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, published Thursday, that takes a close look at the homicides of women

https://www.usnews.com/news/articles/2016-09-29/race-and-homicide-in-america-by-the-numbers

Expanded Homicide Data
10murderbyrelatesmall.gif
Seriously?!

How many women would need to be murdered or assaulted by spouses/former spouses for you to consider it an epidemic?!

Domestic violence's real cost: Nearly three women die every day

I've had hundreds of hours in domestic violence training with advocates and law enforcement and attorneys and judges; it is a commonly accepted statistic among all these groups that approximately 70% of domestic violence goes unreported, so the statistics we know for certain are the tip of the iceberg.

Statistics

ep·i·dem·ic
ˌepəˈdemik/
noun
  1. 1.
    a widespread occurrence of an infectious disease in a community at a particular time.
    "a flu epidemic"
    synonyms: outbreak, plague, pandemic, epizootic
    "an epidemic of typhoid"
adjective
  1. 1.
    relating to or of the nature of an epidemic.
    "shoplifting has reached epidemic proportions"
    synonyms: rife, rampant, widespread, wide-ranging, extensive, pervasive

You say that as though you're unaware of the fact that relationship violence is epidemic in this country. Three women are killed every day by a current or former partner - and leaving is the most deadly time of all. Abusers aren't at all averse to also murdering children and other family members because of their anger over 'a relationship gone sour'. Domestic violence incidents are also the most deadly type of call-out for the police.
Agreed domestic violence is one of the top forms of violence in the US, but, tragic as it is, as the stats below prove, not an "epidemic".

More than half of female homicide victims were killed in connection to intimate partner violence — and in 10 percent of those cases, violence shortly before the killing might have provided an opportunity for intervention.

That is according to a new report from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, published Thursday, that takes a close look at the homicides of women

https://www.usnews.com/news/articles/2016-09-29/race-and-homicide-in-america-by-the-numbers

Expanded Homicide Data
Seriously?!

How many women would need to be murdered or assaulted by spouses/former spouses for you to consider it an epidemic?!

I've had hundreds of hours in domestic violence training with advocates and law enforcement and attorneys and judges; it is a commonly accepted statistic among all these groups that approximately 70% of domestic violence goes unreported, so the statistics we know for certain are the tip of the iceberg.

Statistics

ep·i·dem·ic
ˌepəˈdemik/
noun
  1. 1.
    a widespread occurrence of an infectious disease in a community at a particular time.
    "a flu epidemic"
    "an epidemic of typhoid"
adjective
  1. 1.

I certainly won't disagree that women are the victim of domestic violence. I will add for the purposes of fairness to those on the other side, that domestic violence against men occurs often and is very under reported. It might have improved over the years as the stigma isn't what it used to be, but it exists in many more cases than one would expect.

Violence against anyone outside of self defense is not right.

Expanded Homicide Data
Seriously?!

Statistics

ep·i·dem·ic
ˌepəˈdemik/
noun
  1. 1.
    "a flu epidemic"
    "an epidemic of typhoid"
adjective
  1. 1.

I certainly won't disagree that women are the victim of domestic violence. I will add for the purposes of fairness to those on the other side, that domestic violence against men occurs often and is very under reported. It might have improved over the years as the stigma isn't what it used to be, but it exists in many more cases than one would expect.

I'm assuming you didn't bother to click the statistics link I included, because the NCADV is very proactive about including stats of male victims and domestic violence projects nationwide have made very concerted efforts to reach out to male victims for at least 2 decades now.

texas-shooting.jpg

A police officer investigates after a shooting at a home in Plano, north of Dallas, Tex., Sunday night.
(Vernon Bryant/The Dallas Morning News via AP)

September 11, 2017

A Texas police officer shot a suspected gunman dead and found seven more slain inside a suburban Dallas home during a football party Sunday night.

A flurry of gunfire led authorities to the gruesome discovery inside a Plano home around 8 p.m., police said.

The first cop to the crime scene confronted the shooter inside and shot him dead, Plano police spokesman Officer David Tilley told reporters.

Two more people were wounded in the deadly attack and rushed to a hospital near the Dallas suburb. Their conditions were not immediately known.

article-plano-2-0910.jpg

Police gather outside the Plano home where eight people, including the shooter, were killed.
(WFAA 8 News)

Police said all the victims were adults.

Witness Crystal Sugg said she heard a man and woman arguing moments before the gunfire.

“As she was going to the house, he started letting go. Just started releasing,”

texas-shooting.jpg

Two more people were wounded in the deadly incident, authorities said.
(LM Otero/AP)

The shooting took place as the victims watched the Dallas Cowboys battle the New York Giants at AT&T Stadium,

The paper states an unidentified man expressed agony after speaking with a neighbor and learning he was likely friends with most of the victims shot at the home.

The victims and suspect were not immediately identified.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/people-found-shot-death-texas-home-shooter-killed-article-1.3485744

Oh, the fun of guns.

Had he been Muslim people would be going insane right now, but as he's most likely a Christian Texan, it's okay.
Right, Do you know some muslims shooter that you could share with us at my thread ?

Do you have a point?

The one example I could give would be in the UK ad wasn't a shooter, but a refuse truck driver.

Six people killed in bin lorry crash

As soon as it had happened people were all talking about how it was a Muslim who had done it. No waiting around to see if it actually was or not, they KNEW it was a Muslim. But it wasn't, it was just some incompetant idiot.

Expanded Homicide Data
Seriously?!

Statistics

ep·i·dem·ic
ˌepəˈdemik/
noun
  1. 1.
    "a flu epidemic"
    "an epidemic of typhoid"
adjective
  1. 1.
Yes, serious. Obviously you didn't read the links nor my post. Have a really nice day, ma'm.

Expanded Homicide Data
Seriously?!

Statistics

ep·i·dem·ic
ˌepəˈdemik/
noun
  1. 1.
    "a flu epidemic"
    "an epidemic of typhoid"
adjective
  1. 1.

Agreed that female on male domestic violence is under reported and agreed that violence shouldn't be used except in self-defense or the defense of another. However, the stats on male on female violence completely overwhelm even accurately reported female on male violence as previously posted stats reveal.

texas-shooting.jpg

A police officer investigates after a shooting at a home in Plano, north of Dallas, Tex., Sunday night.
(Vernon Bryant/The Dallas Morning News via AP)

September 11, 2017

A Texas police officer shot a suspected gunman dead and found seven more slain inside a suburban Dallas home during a football party Sunday night.

A flurry of gunfire led authorities to the gruesome discovery inside a Plano home around 8 p.m., police said.

The first cop to the crime scene confronted the shooter inside and shot him dead, Plano police spokesman Officer David Tilley told reporters.

Two more people were wounded in the deadly attack and rushed to a hospital near the Dallas suburb. Their conditions were not immediately known.

article-plano-2-0910.jpg

Police gather outside the Plano home where eight people, including the shooter, were killed.
(WFAA 8 News)

Police said all the victims were adults.

Witness Crystal Sugg said she heard a man and woman arguing moments before the gunfire.

“As she was going to the house, he started letting go. Just started releasing,”

texas-shooting.jpg

Two more people were wounded in the deadly incident, authorities said.
(LM Otero/AP)

The shooting took place as the victims watched the Dallas Cowboys battle the New York Giants at AT&T Stadium,

The paper states an unidentified man expressed agony after speaking with a neighbor and learning he was likely friends with most of the victims shot at the home.

The victims and suspect were not immediately identified.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/people-found-shot-death-texas-home-shooter-killed-article-1.3485744

Oh, the fun of guns.

Had he been Muslim people would be going insane right now, but as he's most likely a Christian Texan, it's okay.
How interesting and typical of you. You don't know if they were Muslim or not. You don't know if they are anything. Yet you use death to smear people. So damn typical so disgusting.
People here are joking about it. Don't mess with the bean dip...we take football seriously....
Yet you take umbrage when someone accurately points out that a Muslim doing this would have sent you all into high orbit and don't deny it.
No one has to take this religious or political heights. It is already there on ALL sides.
maybe. maybe a muslim doing it would have set them off.

but it's not as if any ONE side has cornered the market on stupid. same thing, to me anyway, if trump does something people go into a tizzy for no other reason than he did it.

that is just as stupid.

kinda a human trait we beat up others for then excuse for ourselves cause we feel it right when we do it.
Iceberg, why in the name of God are you on a political message board if you consistently refuse to argue one side or the other? Your relativism is wearying. I wouldn't have brought up the Muslim thing, but I certainly don't see anything wrong with making the point. What do YOU think was the OP's motive in starting this thread, putting up this news article? She didn't say, so maybe just to chat about it? So we're chatting.

I've asked the same question about half of this message board at least.

Must have been a gun free zone
It appears to have been at the house of the divorcing couple.
it would be interesting to see if the shooter had a restraining order
Agreed.....or if he was invited to the party.
probably not invited

A Dallas suburb is horrified after game night turns bloody, leaving 9 dead from one house

Where is your proof of that falsehood?
I disagreed with her appeal to emotion argument by declaring domestic abuse an "epidemic", but she is correct about "three women are killed every day": Domestic violence's real cost: Nearly three women die every day
"According to the Violence Policy Center, which uses Bureau of Justice statistics in annual reports about female homicide victims, nearly three women are murdered every day in the U.S. by current or former romantic partners."

As for police officers, I think most prefer going after car thieves than getting involved in a domestic dispute.

How does your police department respond to a domestic disturbance call?
Domestic disturbance calls are highly unpredictable. They are high priority and high risk for police officers. In the past week, officers in two cities were ambushed when responding to domestic dispute calls.....

....Findings from an NLEOMF report reveal that domestic dispute calls for service signified the largest fatal types of calls and were also the primary cause of law enforcement fatalities. Officers must respond cautiously and with heightened situational awareness to every domestic dispute call, whether it’s your first or your fourth visit to a residence. PERF issued a survey of 358 agencies, and the results indicate that eight percent of the calls an agency receives are related to a domestic dispute. At first glance, eight percent may not seem like a large number, but when you consider a call volume of a large agency averaging 600,000 911 calls per year, that equals approximately 48,000 domestic dispute calls per year. For a smaller agency with 100,000 911 calls per year, this equates to 800 domestic dispute calls. Most domestic dispute calls will result in a quick resolution, but there is always a significant risk that the call can turn fatal.

Remember...up to the moment he started shooting people, the shooter was just another good person owning a gun.

Must have been a gun free zone
It appears to have been at the house of the divorcing couple.
it would be interesting to see if the shooter had a restraining order
Agreed.....or if he was invited to the party.
probably not invited

A Dallas suburb is horrified after game night turns bloody, leaving 9 dead from one house
Agreed.

"The officer killed the gunman immediately, Rushin said. Other men and women lay shot, all around the house." The idiot got off easy.

Remember...up to the moment he started shooting people, the shooter was just another good person owning a gun.
Correct and right up until he drove into a crowd, James Fields was a lawful driver. Are you suggesting we ban all cars "just in case"?

Forum List

Back