🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Sheesh!

This admin is like a tar-baby. Every time they try to 'fix' a bad situation, they make it worse. Don't like a judicial decision? Call the judge unqualified! Don't like crowd size? Call it fake news! Use the old "Offense is the best Defense" ploy. Now it is trying to make a failed raid look successful and botching it.

Pentagon releases 'sensitive' video - only to discover it was posted online years ago
now if I would have referred to the last administration as a tar baby, that would have been deemed racist.

This admin is like a tar-baby. Every time they try to 'fix' a bad situation, they make it worse. Don't like a judicial decision? Call the judge unqualified! Don't like crowd size? Call it fake news! Use the old "Offense is the best Defense" ploy. Now it is trying to make a failed raid look successful and botching it.

Pentagon releases 'sensitive' video - only to discover it was posted online years ago
That's not what "tar baby" means. Iraq is a tar baby; every time we try to get away from it, we can't.

Agreed the Trump administration is digging themselves into a hole every time they use "alternative facts". It makes them look weak and stupid.

As for the Yemeni operation, it's been in planning for months. Most military leaders understand the "no battle plan ever survives first contact with the enemy". Our men and women in uniform are very, very good, but things still go wrong. Remember one of the helicopters crashed on the bin Laden raid? That could easily have turned the raid into a disaster.

I think what makes this particular raid so significant is, as every article I've read states,

"The raid brought about the first confirmed American death in combat under President Trump"

Everyone here tries to prove their point by making their adversary look like a moron...
Why do you have a problem with it happening in the real world?

now if I would have referred to the last administration as a tar baby, that would have been deemed racist.

Not the brightest bulb in the pack.

Everyone here tries to prove their point by making their adversary look like a moron...
I got a problem with it here, too. It doesn't work, either. You never get anyone to consider your point of view after you've called them stupid.

I got a problem with it here, too. It doesn't work, either. You never get anyone to consider your point of view after you've called them stupid.

Sheep will follow bullies. Look around.
I'm not saying it's right, I'm just saying it's real.......

I would not have deemed you a racist, nor would anyone who understands the concept. Matter of fact, I used the concept during the last admin, and realize the misdirection away from context it gives intellectually challenged folk. However, it is the best metaphor I can think of to describe how trying to get out of a sticky situation only gets you in deeper.

A slight disagreement. The stupid are often manipulated and led by the smart. People are intimidated by bullies, but often they try to stay away from them....although some find a way to cap them in the back of the head. ;)

Last edited:

Wow, the Pentagon never made a mistake before! The rest of your garbage was just as useful.

I would not have deemed you a racist, nor would anyone who understands the concept. Matter of fact, I used the concept during the last admin, and realize the misdirection away from context it gives intellectually challenged folk. However, it is the best metaphor I can think of to describe how trying to get out of a sticky situation only gets you in deeper.
It's a legitimate metaphor of a "sticky situation". Just because tar is black thus making a "tar baby" a black doll makes some people think it is racist. The story itself has nothing to do with racism. It also includes the maxim about being thrown in the briar patch.

Brer Rabbit and the Tar Baby: From Brer Rabbit at Americanfolklore.net

A slight disagreed. The stupid are often manipulated and led by the smart. People are intimidated by bullies, but often they try to stay away from them....although some find a way to cap them in the back of the head. ;)
It usually takes me several hours to come up with a retort....but if there's a good thing about message boards it's you get the chance to go back and give your snappy answer, even if it's the next day. Real life doesn't give you that chance. LOL

Stupid people don't care about facts, that's why we call them stupid.

What do these words have in common?

Jumbo Shrimp
Deafening silence
Great depression
Plastic glasses

MILITARY INTELLIGENCE

What do these words have in common?

Jumbo Shrimp
Deafening silence
Great depression
Plastic glasses

MILITARY INTELLIGENCE
Great reminder, will. There's a reason we keep our military under civilian control. Nobody can do their job better, but the specific training mostly doesn't translate to civilian life. The military makes far better decisions about their jobs, but the jobs assigned to the military should be left to civilians. This Yemen raid was an admin mistake. Not our first nor probably our last. And sadly, if history is any guide, Oliver Stone will probably make a million $ out of it. But my respect for our military is big enough to accept that the mission was an administration failure, and hope we learned something.

Because this is a silly discussion board that effects no ones lives more than a little bit of entertainment, No discussion board has the power to cause war, remove people's rights, or directly effect the ability to provide for one's family. We expect maturity and sober deliberation from our government. We expect bullshit, and a few jokes from here.

Because this is a silly discussion board that effects no ones lives more than a little bit of entertainment, No discussion board has the power to cause war, remove people's rights, or directly effect the ability to provide for one's family. We expect maturity and sober deliberation from our government. We expect bullshit, and a few jokes from here.

What, didn't you know?

The whole reason Trump won was because of the discussions had on USMB. If it wasn't for the debates had here, America wouldn't have been convince to vote for him. . .

What, didn't you know?

The whole reason Trump won was because of the discussions had on USMB. If it wasn't for the debates had here, America wouldn't have been convince to vote for him. . .

Sadly, most of Trump's support came from idiots who thought the crap they heard at places like this were real life.

Great reminder, will. There's a reason we keep our military under civilian control. Nobody can do their job better, but the specific training mostly doesn't translate to civilian life. The military makes far better decisions about their jobs, but the jobs assigned to the military should be left to civilians. This Yemen raid was an admin mistake. Not our first nor probably our last. And sadly, if history is any guide, Oliver Stone will probably make a million $ out of it. But my respect for our military is big enough to accept that the mission was an administration failure, and hope we learned something.
Disagreed that civilians are better at managing a war than the military. LBJ disproved that theory at a cost of over 56,000 American lives. Bay of Pigs was a fiasco because a civilian President did it half-assed; he should either have let it go as planned or canceled it completely. The Battle of Mogadishu turned into a cluster fuck for several reasons, but it met it's mission objectives so, militarily, it was a success. However, we had a weak, anti-military President who took several hits for the loss of 18 military personnel so our forces were withdrawn. In short, the military won the battle, but civilians lost the war.

The main reason we maintain a civilian leadership over American military is because we're a Constitutional Republic where we elect our leaders. Military leaders are not elected. That said, when our civilian leadership decides it's time to go to war, they should detail the mission objectives to the military then let the military handle it since they are, indeed, the experts.

What, didn't you know?

Sadly, most of Trump's support came from idiots who thought the crap they heard at places like this were real life.

I guess you should have started telling the truth instead of lying if you didn't want him to win then, eh?

Poor choice to be trying to get Hillary elected. Fool.

Forum List

Back