Sheila Jackson Lee takes white passengers first class seat

Before anybody reads on, I want you to imagine a reverse role here: the passenger is a black customer who was booted out of first class so a white Republican Congress person could have her seat.

An airline spokeswoman said Monday that its internal systems show the passenger, Jean-Marie Simon, canceled her Dec. 18 seat from Houston to Washington, D.C. after a weather delay.

Simon took to Facebook late Monday night to say that she did not receive an apology from United. She said the $500 travel voucher she received was issued at the gate as compensation for bumping her from her seat. She said the gate agent gave her an ultimatum to “take the voucher and get on the plane or find another flight.”

Simon denies that she canceled the flight. She was given a seat in Economy Plus on the flight, and told the Houston Chronicle she saw Jackson Lee sitting in the seat that was assigned to her.

Jackson Lee posted a statement on Facebook.

“Unfortunately, it looks like the Grinch is trying to steal the spirit of the holiday,” Lee Jackson said in a statement. “Since this was not any fault of mine, the way the individual continued to act appeared to be, upon reflection, because I was an African American woman, seemingly an easy target along with the African American flight attendant who was very, very nice. This saddens me, especially at this time of year given all of the things we have to work on to help people.”

Passenger denies getting apology after airline gives her seat to congresswoman

So first this pig takes a passengers seat, then makes it a race/ political issue. Isn't this so typical of Democrat politics that many of us are sick of? And how big of a story would this be if the situation were reversed?

I can understand the possibility of Lee not knowing the airline kicked another person out to give her the seat, but after learning of the problem, shouldn't she have at least offered the passenger her seat back? Instead, she goes on to say how it was not her fault.

My understanding is that airlines routinely overbook.

It is not surprising that a Congresswoman was NOT the one bumped.

That was not her fault but the airline's.

That she made it racial, is her fault, and she is a race baiting piece of shit.

But we all knew that already.

Only a racist would complain about being displaced by a black. A white should be HONORED to have their seat taken.
If Lee had offered me back my seat after she had sat in it I wouldn't have EVER sat in that seat!
God know what Lee might have 'left behind'?

Politicians are shown more privilege than the peons like us are, but what would have been funny as hell is if the airline had made a black person give up their seat!

Before anybody reads on, I want you to imagine a reverse role here: the passenger is a black customer who was booted out of first class so a white Republican Congress person could have her seat.

An airline spokeswoman said Monday that its internal systems show the passenger, Jean-Marie Simon, canceled her Dec. 18 seat from Houston to Washington, D.C. after a weather delay.

Simon took to Facebook late Monday night to say that she did not receive an apology from United. She said the $500 travel voucher she received was issued at the gate as compensation for bumping her from her seat. She said the gate agent gave her an ultimatum to “take the voucher and get on the plane or find another flight.”

Simon denies that she canceled the flight. She was given a seat in Economy Plus on the flight, and told the Houston Chronicle she saw Jackson Lee sitting in the seat that was assigned to her.

“Unfortunately, it looks like the Grinch is trying to steal the spirit of the holiday,” Lee Jackson said in a statement. “Since this was not any fault of mine, the way the individual continued to act appeared to be, upon reflection, because I was an African American woman, seemingly an easy target along with the African American flight attendant who was very, very nice. This saddens me, especially at this time of year given all of the things we have to work on to help people.”

So first this pig takes a passengers seat, then makes it a race/ political issue. Isn't this so typical of Democrat politics that many of us are sick of? And how big of a story would this be if the situation were reversed?

I can understand the possibility of Lee not knowing the airline kicked another person out to give her the seat, but after learning of the problem, shouldn't she have at least offered the passenger her seat back? Instead, she goes on to say how it was not her fault.
That's right, it's not her fault, it's all the airlines doing.....

It's sort of fitting that one of the ugliest women in Congress flies the airline with the ugliest paint job, United.

Well we always hear how the Democrat leaders are for the little people. True, she may not have not known somebody was kicked out of the seat she had, but to not offer the seat back and instead, try to make the customer look like a racist is beyond being a lowlife---even for a Democrat.

I wish when I have flown to have such a disaster of five hundred dollars and a free flight for being bumped..I should be so tortured and humiliated....

Well we always hear how the Democrat leaders are for the little people. True, she may not have not known somebody was kicked out of the seat she had, but to not offer the seat back and instead, try to make the customer look like a racist is beyond being a lowlife---even for a Democrat.

Truthfully, if the airline ovebooked, I don't blame her for taking the seat.

But, calling the person bumped a racist for being unhappy about being bumped?

Sheila Lee is a race baiting asshole and a piece of shit.

Do congresspeople travel first class on the taxpayer’s dime? We gotta change that.

Forum List

Back