Sheriff Tough Joe Arpaio is running for Senate in Arizona...vote for him to build the wall!

Well said, it does not however represent the view of MOST American's.

"A majority of likely voters in a new poll doesn't think the U.S. should build a wall along the country's southern border.

The conservative-leaning Rasmussen Reports poll finds that 37 percent of likely voters said the U.S. should construct a border wall in an effort to curb illegal immigration.

But 56 percent of respondents disagree."

Rasmussen poll: Most don't want border wall

"A majority of Americans in a poll released Thursday oppose new spending for President Trump's planned wall along the border with Mexico.

A survey by The Associated Press-NORC Center for Public Affairs Research found that 58 percent of Americans oppose new spending for the border wall, while just 28 percent support it. "

Poll: Americans oppose Trump border wall funding

Washington Post-ABC News poll: Sixty percent of adults oppose building a wall along the U.S.-Mexico border, while 37 percent support it.

Trump says his base ‘really wants’ a border wall. Polls show most Americans don’t.

"As was the case throughout the presidential campaign, more Americans continue to oppose (62%) than favor (35%) building a wall along the entire U.S. border with Mexico. "

Most Americans continue to oppose U.S. border wall, doubt Mexico would pay for it

"President Donald Trump‘s proposed border wall along the U.S.-Mexico border is more unpopular than ever — with double the number of Americans opposing its construction than those who want it built, according to a new poll.

A recent Quinnipiac poll, which surveyed 1,062 Americans between April 12 and 18, shows 64% of American voters oppose building the wall, while 33% support it. About 3% of voters said they weren’t sure how the wall made them feel.
President Donald Trump‘s proposed border wall along the U.S.-Mexico border is more unpopular than ever — with double the number of Americans opposing its construction than those who want it built, according to a new poll.

A recent Quinnipiac poll, which surveyed 1,062 Americans between April 12 and 18, shows 64% of American voters oppose building the wall, while 33% support it. About 3% of voters said they weren’t sure how the wall made them feel.

Most Americans Oppose President Trump's Border Wall

>>>>

Those people surveyed by those polls don't live on the border do they? Ask the people whose land gets overrun by illegals crossing the border. Ask the citizens of the states who are paying additional taxes to deal with the problem

Asking Olaf Jorgenson who live in Minnesota about a border wall in the southwestern states is like asking Nanu Tikaani of Alaska about the price of orange juice in Florida!

the guy is 3/4 of the way into the grave....fuck him put him out to pasture....

I know we have a lot of old people in Congress, but they usually get elected when they're at least in their 40's or so. This fucking guy is 85 years old. He could very well die before the election.

So could you.

Yeah, but I'm 33. If I die any time soon it will be from some sort of accident. If this fucking guy gets a cold he's done for. :tongue:

I have a 95 year-old aunt that outlived all of her younger brothers and sisters, but I had several cousins younger than me that have utilized my services as a pallbearer.

You will go when it is your time to go and not one second sooner or later.

Arpaio was convicted of criminal contempt of court for ignoring a judge’s order to stop detaining people because he merely suspected them of being undocumented immigrants.

U.S. District Judge Susan R. Bolton wrote that Arpaio had shown a “flagrant disregard” for the court’s command and that his attempt to pin the conduct on those who worked for him rang hollow.

“Not only did Defendant abdicate responsibility, he announced to the world and to his subordinates that he was going to continue business as usual no matter who said otherwise,” Bolton wrote.

There you have it. DEPLORABLES have no respect for the law just like their hero Arpaio.

Wait......you mean like the Obama Admin ignoring our immigration Laws?

You mean like he did the exact same things as other presidents, except president Obama did them while black.

but how about you pay attention to the actual thread topic..,.... that the pathetic joe arpaio wants a senate seat.

tell me, do you people go out and purposely pick the post disgusting people in the country to represent you?

Getting head from an intern in the oval office is pretty "disgusting" spare us the outraged:slap:

Arpaio was convicted of criminal contempt of court for ignoring a judge’s order to stop detaining people because he merely suspected them of being undocumented immigrants.

U.S. District Judge Susan R. Bolton wrote that Arpaio had shown a “flagrant disregard” for the court’s command and that his attempt to pin the conduct on those who worked for him rang hollow.

“Not only did Defendant abdicate responsibility, he announced to the world and to his subordinates that he was going to continue business as usual no matter who said otherwise,” Bolton wrote.

There you have it. DEPLORABLES have no respect for the law just like their hero Arpaio.

You mean like he did the exact same things as other presidents, except president Obama did them while black.

but how about you pay attention to the actual thread topic..,.... that the pathetic joe arpaio wants a senate seat.

tell me, do you people go out and purposely pick the post disgusting people in the country to represent you?

You're quite stupid aren't you?
ALL President's should enforce the Law, ALL of them. Just because you are a hack doesn't mean everyone is.
Arpaio is "disgusting" because he enforced the law, go figure. How about you mind your own business if you don't like the way a thread is going.

Getting head from an intern in the oval office is pretty "disgusting" spare us the outraged:slap:

Hell, Jillian wishes she had BEEN the intern.

ALL President's should enforce the Law, ALL of them. Just because you are a hack doesn't mean everyone is.
Arpaio is "disgusting" because he enforced the law, go figure. How about you mind your own business if you don't like the way a thread is going.

Nope. But anyone who thinks Arpaio isn't a disgusting embarrassment is.

Arpaio didn't enforce the law. He broke the law. that is why he was found guilty. Are you dense?

"A majority of likely voters in a new poll doesn't think the U.S. should build a wall along the country's southern border...
Those people surveyed by those polls don't live on the border do they?

The post I responded to said "MOST American's", that doesn't limit the population to only those with X miles of the boarder as most American's don't live next to the southern boarder (which is the area being discussed with the wall).

>>>>

#1 and #2 - Those walls will not be easy to go over or under, and you cannot go around if the wall is complete. Urban or rural, not having anything makes it so easy to just walk across, anyone can do it.

I said that some walls will be necessary in populated areas. My previous link showed that 66% of new illegal aliens arrived in this country legally and then overstayed their legal time. A wall isn't going to do squat against those that come here legally to begin with. And yes, in remote section they will find ways to go under or over the wall. Water import by coyotes will be more common as a way around the wall.

It will problaby have a decent impact for a year or two on the way that only 1/3 of illegals enter the country for the first year or two but they will find new methods and new pipelines to bypass the wall. Then you are stuck with a wall and they are still coming.

#5 - You realize that this will take a new Amendment to change the 14th Amendment wording.

Not necessarily. First Congress could act with a revision to the United States Code defining what "subject to the jurisdiction" of means in terms of citizenship. If the SCOTUS then rules it unconstitutional, then an amendment would be needed.

I can't argue with much else.

Thank you.

>>>>

You don't seem to understand that the wall is only a part of the system. There are electronic surveillance methods so that if someone should get over or under, it will be much easier to pick them up.

Personally, I would declare a moratorium on all immigration for a period of a couple of years until all of these various systems are in place.

Last edited:

Nope. But anyone who thinks Arpaio isn't a disgusting embarrassment is.

Arpaio didn't enforce the law. He broke the law. that is why he was found guilty. Are you dense?

I get it, you abhor the Law. "Counselor".

That all looks good on paper....what happens if/when we have another pro wetback Democrat calling shots? All those policies go to shit and we’re back to where we were.

They wouldn't be policies, I want to make them the law.

They won’t tear down a $20 billion dollar wall...

It's a 20+ Billion dollar political boondoggle, some want their Bush "Mission Accomplished" photo-op. That's all. It will have little impact on illegal aliens as most illegal aliens enter the country legally - they just don't leave when they are supposed to.

... and if they refuse to patrol it we’ll send in the Minute Men.

Whose "we kemosabe"? I don't support vigilantes taking the law into their own hands and will support maximum prison sentences if they are found in violation of the law. For example assault if they lay hands on someone, kidnapping for unlawful detention, murder if they kills someone.

Ya you might get a few pot-bellied "minute men" (but lets not bring their sex lives into it) that will sit out in their RV's with a Coors. But if you think their will be an army of vigilantes sitting on the boarder you are wrong.

To solve the illegal alien problem, we HAVE to address why they come here and not waste time or resources on a "mission accomplished" photo-op.

>>>>

Laws, like policies are changed and modified under different administrations all the time.

Vigilante justice is often times warranted...when a spineless, corrupt government refuses to act on behalf of the will of the people many of us appreciate those who are willing to take a stand....nutless pussies aren’t suppose to support or understand this.

Trillions of linear feet of wall and fence erected worldwide all with the same purpose and function and for some crazy reason this particular wall in no way could or would function the same and or be equally purposeful....and that makes sense to you how?

So Arpaio ignores a directive to not enforce the Law and that makes him a Criminal.

"A majority of likely voters in a new poll doesn't think the U.S. should build a wall along the country's southern border...
Those people surveyed by those polls don't live on the border do they?

The post I responded to said "MOST American's", that doesn't limit the population to only those with X miles of the boarder as most American's don't live next to the southern boarder (which is the area being discussed with the wall).

>>>>

I don't give a shit what the poll said if they are interviewing people with no vested interest in the problem.

I was sitting in a full waiting room at the US Marshal's office on a personal matter a few weeks back. I was the only person in the room apparently not going to prison and not of Mexican origin. The others were surrendering to begin their federal prison sentences. Coincidence?

You don't seem to understand that the wall is only a part of the system. There are electronic surveillance methods sp that if someone should get over, it will be much easier to pick them up.

Oh, I understand just fine. The $18 Billion request was for the downpayment, the rest of the bill on the $66 Billion dollar wall will come later.

That's construction, not counting additional sensors, and does not include funding for an addition 10,000 border patrol agents that have been asked for. With Pay, Benefits, Support and Training the cost is about $150,000 per person. So the cost of the wall doesn't include an additional $1,500,000,000 (1.5 Billion per year) for the personnel needed to man it.

Personally I think some of that money should be spent on increasing the number of ICE agents for employer enforcement.

Top Dem: Trump's wall could cost $67B
What is the Real Cost of an Additional 20,000 Border Patrol Agents? - WOLA

>>>>

I don't give a shit what the poll said if they are interviewing people with no vested interest in the problem.

And I don't care (respectfully) that you are trying to move the goal posts. The post I responded to specified "MOST American's". And that is where the response focused.

If the person I responded to had meant to say "American's withing 50 miles of the southern boarder", then that is what he should have said. When he said "MOST American's" that was inclusive of the population of all 50 states no matter how close to the boarder.

>>>>

"A majority of likely voters in a new poll doesn't think the U.S. should build a wall along the country's southern border.

The conservative-leaning Rasmussen Reports poll finds that 37 percent of likely voters said the U.S. should construct a border wall in an effort to curb illegal immigration.

"A majority of Americans in a poll released Thursday oppose new spending for President Trump's planned wall along the border with Mexico.

A survey by The Associated Press-NORC Center for Public Affairs Research found that 58 percent of Americans oppose new spending for the border wall, while just 28 percent support it. "

Washington Post-ABC News poll: Sixty percent of adults oppose building a wall along the U.S.-Mexico border, while 37 percent support it.

Trump says his base ‘really wants’ a border wall. Polls show most Americans don’t.

"As was the case throughout the presidential campaign, more Americans continue to oppose (62%) than favor (35%) building a wall along the entire U.S. border with Mexico. "

Most Americans continue to oppose U.S. border wall, doubt Mexico would pay for it

"President Donald Trump‘s proposed border wall along the U.S.-Mexico border is more unpopular than ever — with double the number of Americans opposing its construction than those who want it built, according to a new poll.

President Donald Trump‘s proposed border wall along the U.S.-Mexico border is more unpopular than ever — with double the number of Americans opposing its construction than those who want it built, according to a new poll.

>>>>

Those people surveyed by those polls don't live on the border do they? Ask the people whose land gets overrun by illegals crossing the border. Ask the citizens of the states who are paying additional taxes to deal with the problem

Asking Olaf Jorgenson who live in Minnesota about a border wall in the southwestern states is like asking Nanu Tikaani of Alaska about the price of orange juice in Florida!

Olaf has 2 senators and a congressman who has a vote on the issue. It is Olaf who pays the taxes that go towards the wall. Trump won Arizona by 4 vs the 9 points Romney won by. Trump lost New Mexico. Trump won Texas by 8 versus the 17 Romney won. That is against Clinton. Considering Trump supported the wall, should Trump had won by more if border voters supported a wall?

>>>>

Olaf has 2 senators and a congressman who has a vote on the issue. It is Olaf who pays the taxes that go towards the wall. Trump won Arizona by 4 vs the 9 points Romney won by. Trump lost New Mexico. Trump won Texas by 8 versus the 17 Romney won. That is against Clinton. Considering Trump supported the wall, should Trump had won by more if border voters supported a wall?

Many of those people voted against Trump out of sheer ignorance about the wall's purpose, much like those Senators and Congressmen from state's that are not impacted by the wall.

Yeah, Olaf and the vast majority of Americans might see a little difference in his federal income tax for a wall. (BTW, it actually comes out to about 48 cents for each person in the US for the current $16 billion.)

Partially true...he’s obviously hated by the illegals and barely American anchor babies. He’s loved by productive, patriotic, REAL Americans though.
All citizens are 'real' Americans..by definition. Both Joe..and the Wall..are not beloved by a majority..or even a strong plurality in Arizona--I just hope he wins the Primary.

Kinda strange that Trump won AZ by four percentage points....pushing a “build that wall”, hardcore anti immigration policy and now suddenly nobody wants either...huh? So weird...makes perfect sense to someone I guess.

Romney won Arizona in 2012 by 9% by not pushing a wall....Trump cut that to a 4% margin

If Republicans run Kelli Ward and Sheriff Joe to fill those two empty seats, that 4% margin is not going to buy you much
Flake's seat will go to a dem. As will two house seats won by repuggers in 2016 by only 1-3%. WOW!

With McCain leaving this year, there will be two seats to fill
If Republicans want Arpaio and Ward....they could lose both

Both are nutjobs and an embarrassment to the state
Just like Creepy Roy Moore was
Flake's seat should flip, McLame will be harder. But in reach.
I see there are two House seats being lost in AZ to start.

So Go Great Douche, show us Moore DOPer Love to America. It's working well Great Whitey Nazi Leader.

Many of the sex crimes Arpaio refused to investigate were victims of child molestation as young as 2 YEARS OLD. Crimes against them were ignored because they were Latino.

Arizona Sheriff Joe Arpaio Failed To Investigate Over 400 Sex Crimes, Including Molestations Of Undocumented Children
Well DEPLORABLES love child molesters so of course they’d love Arpaio who wouldn’t prosecute them.
Your link does not say who molested those children. If they were molested by coyotes that bought them across the border, or illegals, or US citizens. Why is that?

Just a bunch of crap.
Why would it matter? You are foul...

iu

Forum List

Back