🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Shiite militiamen in Iraq kill scores of Sunni worshipers at mosque

Sally

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2012
It's a shame that after all these centuries both sects couldn't put aside their differences. I don't think that any of us can imagine, for instance, members of a Protestant denomination waiting outside a Catholic Church to gun down the worshippers as they leave after attending mass.

16x9

Shiite Muslim fighters with the Peace Brigade, a militia formed by Iraqi cleric Muqtada Sadr, hold a position on the Jarf Sakhr front line souuthwest of Bahgdad on Monday. (Ali Al-Saadi / AFP/Getty Images)
By SHASHANK BENGALIcontact the reporter
IraqIslamic StateIraq Crisis (2014)Baghdad (Iraq)Nouri MalikiU.S. Department of State

Shiite militiamen in Iraq opposed to Islamic State kill Sunni worshipers, witnesses say
Deadly attack on Sunni mosque raises fear of further sectarian violence in Iraq
Attack on Sunni mosque in eastern Iraq threatens formation of a unity government
Shiite Muslim militiamen on Friday stormed a Sunni mosque in eastern Iraq and opened fire, killing scores of worshipers, residents and Iraqi officials said, in a sign of growing sectarian violence stemming from the rise of the Islamic State militant group.

The attack in Diyala province, east of Baghdad, was reportedly in retaliation for a bombing earlier in the day that targeted a Shiite security vehicle, raising the specter of the sort of tit-for-tat sectarian killing that marked the deadliest years of the Iraqi civil war years ago.

Continue reading at:

Shiite militiamen in Iraq kill scores of Sunni worshipers at mosque - LA Times

It's a shame that after all these centuries both sects couldn't put aside their differences.

God works in mysterious ways, huh?

I don't think that any of us can imagine, for instance, members of a Protestant denomination waiting outside a Catholic Church to gun down the worshippers as they leave after attending mass.

Your kidding, right.

Otherwise I have a little book called The History of Western Europe you need to try to crack open sometime.

It's a shame that after all these centuries both sects couldn't put aside their differences.

I don't think that any of us can imagine, for instance, members of a Protestant denomination waiting outside a Catholic Church to gun down the worshippers as they leave after attending mass.

Your kidding, right.

Otherwise I have a little book called The History of Western Europe you need to try to crack open sometime.

Can you tell us what your little book says about this happening in the 21st century. I don't seem to see this myself, but maybe you see things differently. I think we all are aware that in times past the Protestants and the Catholics were at each other, but I don't see these events happening now, do you? Meanwhile, the Shiites killing the Sunnis in Iraq the other day is just one example. We have read plenty about the Sunnis murdering Shiites in Pakistan. Perhaps you were asleep when all those suicide and car bombings were happening in Pakistan. I still say it's a shame that they can't put aside their differences since both sects believe that Mohammed was the last prophet. Think at how many innocent Muslims would still be alive today if this would have happened years ago.

Wow, what a shock. A war going on over a thousand years continues to go on. Too bad Republicans sided with Iran.

It's a shame that after all these centuries both sects couldn't put aside their differences. I don't think that any of us can imagine, for instance, members of a Protestant denomination waiting outside a Catholic Church to gun down the worshippers as they leave after attending mass.

16x9

Shiite Muslim fighters with the Peace Brigade, a militia formed by Iraqi cleric Muqtada Sadr, hold a position on the Jarf Sakhr front line souuthwest of Bahgdad on Monday. (Ali Al-Saadi / AFP/Getty Images)
IraqIslamic StateIraq Crisis (2014)Baghdad (Iraq)Nouri MalikiU.S. Department of State

Shiite militiamen in Iraq opposed to Islamic State kill Sunni worshipers, witnesses say
Attack on Sunni mosque in eastern Iraq threatens formation of a unity government
Shiite Muslim militiamen on Friday stormed a Sunni mosque in eastern Iraq and opened fire, killing scores of worshipers, residents and Iraqi officials said, in a sign of growing sectarian violence stemming from the rise of the Islamic State militant group.

The attack in Diyala province, east of Baghdad, was reportedly in retaliation for a bombing earlier in the day that targeted a Shiite security vehicle, raising the specter of the sort of tit-for-tat sectarian killing that marked the deadliest years of the Iraqi civil war years ago.

Continue reading at:

You forget your history of Europe and even our American history.
Even in this age we still have too many church burnings in Europe and the US. It is not just "other faiths" and other parts of the world where Christians are a minority.

Let 'em kill each other by the bushel-basket -full...

Who are we to stand in the way of a time-honored favorite hobby and pastime?

Fewer for us to worry about.

Since Republicans created a Shiite government in Iraq that made Iraq into a sister state to Iran, is the GOP base now "confused"? Do they see a difference between Sunni and Shiite yet or no?

It's a shame that after all these centuries both sects couldn't put aside their differences. I don't think that any of us can imagine, for instance, members of a Protestant denomination waiting outside a Catholic Church to gun down the worshippers as they leave after attending mass
have you read about the "troubles" in Northern Ireland and how American catholics funded atrocities through NORIAD

It's a shame that after all these centuries both sects couldn't put aside their differences. I don't think that any of us can imagine, for instance, members of a Protestant denomination waiting outside a Catholic Church to gun down the worshippers as they leave after attending mass

have you read about the "troubles" in Northern Ireland and how American catholics funded atrocities through NORIAD

Well, Mr. Urination, I know all about Ireland, but I don't think the Catholics or Protestants were blowing up members of either religion as they were leaving their churches after services. Meanwhile, I do remember last Christmas your Muslim buddies firing upon Christian Copts in Egypt as they left Christmas services. I also remember when the Sunnis blew up a Ahmadiyya Mosque a few years ago in Pakistan, and consequently dozens of Ahmadiyya Muslims were killed and dozens injured. As far as the Catholics and Protestants throughout Europe, can you give us any examples of how they are shooting each other when they leave church services? Are both groups even shooting mosque members as they leave after services in any European country? I certainly don't see this in the United States.

Isn't it strange that when Mr. Urination crawls over here, he has nothing to say about the atoricities committed by his new friends. Maybe he closes hie eyes to all the innocent people who have been murdered by his new friends. However, his new friends would have no problems with doing him in what with Mr. Urination considered an Infidel.

It's crazy how much killing is involved in religions that are all about "peace"

Yes, maybe you should wander around some areas where the extremist Muslims are operating and see how much "peace" you will get. If they are busy murdering their fellow Muslims regardless of how innocent these murdered Muslims might have been, they certainly wouldn't mind showing you the "peace" that would be in store for you.

Well, Mr. Urination, I know all about Ireland, but I don't think the Catholics or Protestants were blowing up members of either religion as they were leaving their churches after services. Meanwhile, I do remember last Christmas your Muslim buddies firing upon Christian Copts in Egypt as they left Christmas services. I also remember when the Sunnis blew up a Ahmadiyya Mosque a few years ago in Pakistan, and consequently dozens of Ahmadiyya Muslims were killed and dozens injured. As far as the Catholics and Protestants throughout Europe, can you give us any examples of how they are shooting each other when they leave church services? Are both groups even shooting mosque members as they leave after services in any European country? I certainly don't see this in the United States.

Isn't it strange that when Mr. Urination crawls over here, he has nothing to say about the atoricities committed by his new friends. Maybe he closes hie eyes to all the innocent people who have been murdered by his new friends. However, his new friends would have no problems with doing him in what with Mr. Urination considered an Infidel.

Geez Sally. He made a perfectly valid point thaqt you just ignore. The Troubles in Ireland saw a lot of horrible back and forth violence and murder committed on innocent people by Protestants and
Catholics. Do you know your history? Seriously - daft bint.

You seems to have some sort of delusional Christian superiority complex.

Also, you seem to want to qualify religious atrocities: none really count unless they are perpetrated by Muslims, and during the 20th century.

Even according to your very selective historical perspective, Christians have proven to be just as brutal as Muslims:

"Bloody Friday" ; A total of 26 bombs were planted and, in the resulting explosions, eleven people were killed and a further 130 civilians injured, many horrifically mutilated. At the height of the bombing, the middle of Belfast "resembled a city under artillery fire; clouds of suffocating smoke enveloped buildings as one explosion followed another, almost drowning out the hysterical screams of panicked shoppers".] Of those injured, 77 were women and children

Judging from today's Muslims, Europeans may have been pretty smart to take the fight to them centuries ago.

Yes, maybe you should wander around some areas where the extremist Muslims are operating and see how much "peace" you will get. If they are busy murdering their fellow Muslims regardless of how innocent these murdered Muslims might have been, they certainly wouldn't mind showing you the "peace" that would be in store for you.

No thanks you lunatic. That's the most ridiculous response I've ever seen what's wrong with you?

Your kidding, right.

Can you tell us what your little book says about this happening in the 21st century. I don't seem to see this myself, but maybe you see things differently. I think we all are aware that in times past the Protestants and the Catholics were at each other, but I don't see these events happening now, do you? Meanwhile, the Shiites killing the Sunnis in Iraq the other day is just one example. We have read plenty about the Sunnis murdering Shiites in Pakistan. Perhaps you were asleep when all those suicide and car bombings were happening in Pakistan. I still say it's a shame that they can't put aside their differences since both sects believe that Mohammed was the last prophet. Think at how many innocent Muslims would still be alive today if this would have happened years ago.

So, your point is that Christian atrocities were OK, because they were not done during the past 14 years?

:uhh:

What is amazing to me is that some Shia and Sunni are allied together at definable points now.

For Islam.

In the end, there can be only one. When one wins, the other is subjugated to the winner and this is Islamic peace. I know it sounds movie simplistic. It is.

Hamas has Shia military support even if Qatar has become their financial benefactors (in order to ween them off of the Shia dole).

In European history, often two warring sides would give their daughter or son to the other side as a hostage in order to maintain a peace between them, sometimes coming to agreement to marry the two and then merge the empires/kingdoms.

This is what Iraq (circa 1919) and Syria (circa 1961) were created for and by the powers when the Ottoman Empire handed off fundamental power League of Nations and which after dissolution (WWII) was given to the US in the fifties.

They were to be buffer zones for the Shia and the Sunni instead of a daughter/son who would die and the alliance could more easily be broken.

So, Iraq had a minority Sunni (Arab) and majority Shia (Shite) population and Syria the opposite.

Both had minorities in control of the majority. Buffer zones that are now going away and what comes next?

A lot more killing and no stopping.

Last edited:

Geez Sally. He made a perfectly valid point thaqt you just ignore. The Troubles in Ireland saw a lot of horrible back and forth violence and murder committed on innocent people by Protestants and
Catholics. Do you know your history? Seriously - daft bint.

The daft bint known as Coyote closes her eyes to just what her new friends are doing in many places of the world. We all know there is violence all over this planet, but can the daft bint tell us which religion is responsible nowadays for murdering so many innocent people? It certainly isn't the Christians, the Jews, the Hindus, or the Buddhists.

16x9

Continue reading at:

You forget your history of Europe and even our American history.
Even in this age we still have too many church burnings in Europe and the US. It is not just "other faiths" and other parts of the world where Christians are a minority.

I have to disagree with you here, Aris. Where are the church burnings happening in Europe nowadays. especially by Protestants against Catholics and vice versa? I haven't been reading about any church burnings here in the U.S. The last time I heard of anything horrific happening to churches was way back when those little Black girls were killed in I believe an explosive. That wasn't done because of their religion, but because of their race.

Forum List

Back