🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Shiite militiamen in Iraq kill scores of Sunni worshipers at mosque

It's a shame that after all these centuries both sects couldn't put aside their differences.

God works in mysterious ways, huh?

I don't think that any of us can imagine, for instance, members of a Protestant denomination waiting outside a Catholic Church to gun down the worshippers as they leave after attending mass.

Your kidding, right.

Otherwise I have a little book called The History of Western Europe you need to try to crack open sometime.

Can you tell us what your little book says about this happening in the 21st century. I don't seem to see this myself, but maybe you see things differently. I think we all are aware that in times past the Protestants and the Catholics were at each other, but I don't see these events happening now, do you? Meanwhile, the Shiites killing the Sunnis in Iraq the other day is just one example. We have read plenty about the Sunnis murdering Shiites in Pakistan. Perhaps you were asleep when all those suicide and car bombings were happening in Pakistan. I still say it's a shame that they can't put aside their differences since both sects believe that Mohammed was the last prophet. Think at how many innocent Muslims would still be alive today if this would have happened years ago.

So, your point is that Christian atrocities were OK, because they were not done during the past 14 years?

:uhh:

You are only showing what happened in one area of the world with regard to Protestants and Catholics, and I don't think that either group was waiting outside churches to gun down members of the other group. Please show me something if this actually happened. Meanwhile, the Shiites and Sunnis have been at each others' throats practically since the beginning of Islam, and it would be nice if they could finally come to terms that it is OK for each sect to have some differences in their beliefs instead of their trying to murder members of the other sect. Let me repeat myself -- too many innocent Muslims have been and are still being murdered because of this. Anyhow, it was tit for tat today in Iraq as the Sunnis killed many Shiites in retaliation.

Yes, maybe you should wander around some areas where the extremist Muslims are operating and see how much "peace" you will get. If they are busy murdering their fellow Muslims regardless of how innocent these murdered Muslims might have been, they certainly wouldn't mind showing you the "peace" that would be in store for you.

No thanks you lunatic. That's the most ridiculous response I've ever seen what's wrong with you?

Perhaps you should read again what you wrote in the first place. I thought it was ridiculous myself. Now that you dragged yourself over here, do you have any news you wish to impart to us about what is going on in some other Middle Eastern countries?

Perhaps you should read again what you wrote in the first place. I thought it was ridiculous myself. Now that you dragged yourself over here, do you have any news you wish to impart to us about what is going on in some other Middle Eastern countries?

News? Sure. The religions of peace are at each other's throats making war. Surprise!

Oh I reread what I posted too. Still think it's amazing :thup:

News? Sure. The religions of peace are at each other's throats making war. Surprise!

Oh I reread what I posted too. Still think it's amazing :thup:

I was hoping you would give us some news about what is happening in Saudi Arabia or Yemen or Qatar or the Emirates. People there don't just sleep through every day with nothing at all happening. Why you could even give us some entertainment news about the acts in Dubai for a change of pace.

I was hoping you would give us some news about what is happening in Saudi Arabia or Yemen or Qatar or the Emirates. People there don't just sleep through every day with nothing at all happening. Why you could even give us some entertainment news about the acts in Dubai for a change of pace.

Oh you were hoping that? Because you did a terrible job of getting that across.

The price of a local sacrificial animal in Dubai is now Dh500. Is that the kind of news you're looking for?

Oh you were hoping that? Because you did a terrible job of getting that across.

The price of a local sacrificial animal in Dubai is now Dh500. Is that the kind of news you're looking for?

Dubai has top-notch entertainment for the visitors coming from all around the world. I thought you would be the entertainment director here just in case some of the posters or viewers were thinking of visiting. I don't think visitors to Dubai are interested in animals. If they were, they could go to a farm in their own country and see them.

Dubai has top-notch entertainment for the visitors coming from all around the world. I thought you would be the entertainment director here just in case some of the posters or viewers were thinking of visiting. I don't think visitors to Dubai are interested in animals. If they were, they could go to a farm in their own country and see them.

What are we doing here right now? What is this thread even about anymore?

What are we doing here right now? What is this thread even about anymore?

Well, I thought that since you dragged yourself over to this forum, you would also have some other things to tell the viewers about what is happening in the Middle East. However, don't worry if you have nothing to contribute; it is not the end of the world.

Well, I thought that since you dragged yourself over to this forum, you would also have some other things to tell the viewers about what is happening in the Middle East. However, don't worry if you have nothing to contribute; it is not the end of the world.

Sorry I try to spend most of my time participating in sanity. I guess I can try to refrain from pointing out embarrassingly partisan bullshit in the I/P forum. I'll let the religions of peace go on killing each other in... ahem... peace.

It's a shame that after all these centuries both sects couldn't put aside their differences. I don't think that any of us can imagine, for instance, members of a Protestant denomination waiting outside a Catholic Church to gun down the worshippers as they leave after attending mass.

Shiite militiamen in Iraq kill scores of Sunni worshipers at mosque
16x9

Shiite Muslim fighters with the Peace Brigade, a militia formed by Iraqi cleric Muqtada Sadr, hold a position on the Jarf Sakhr front line souuthwest of Bahgdad on Monday. (Ali Al-Saadi / AFP/Getty Images)
By SHASHANK BENGALIcontact the reporter
IraqIslamic StateIraq Crisis (2014)Baghdad (Iraq)Nouri MalikiU.S. Department of State

Shiite militiamen in Iraq opposed to Islamic State kill Sunni worshipers, witnesses say
Deadly attack on Sunni mosque raises fear of further sectarian violence in Iraq
Attack on Sunni mosque in eastern Iraq threatens formation of a unity government
Shiite Muslim militiamen on Friday stormed a Sunni mosque in eastern Iraq and opened fire, killing scores of worshipers, residents and Iraqi officials said, in a sign of growing sectarian violence stemming from the rise of the Islamic State militant group.

The attack in Diyala province, east of Baghdad, was reportedly in retaliation for a bombing earlier in the day that targeted a Shiite security vehicle, raising the specter of the sort of tit-for-tat sectarian killing that marked the deadliest years of the Iraqi civil war years ago.

Continue reading at:

Shiite militiamen in Iraq kill scores of Sunni worshipers at mosque - LA Times

You forget your history of Europe and even our American history.
Even in this age we still have too many church burnings in Europe and the US. It is not just "other faiths" and other parts of the world where Christians are a minority.

I have to disagree with you here, Aris. Where are the church burnings happening in Europe nowadays. especially by Protestants against Catholics and vice versa? I haven't been reading about any church burnings here in the U.S. The last time I heard of anything horrific happening to churches was way back when those little Black girls were killed in I believe an explosive. That wasn't done because of their religion, but because of their race.

Varg Vikernes - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia
Top 10 Worst Crimes Committed by Black Metal Musicians - Metal Injection
washingtonpost.com Church Burnings in the South
Islam versus Europe Muslims Attack Churches in France
French officials condemn burning of Catholic church Catholic News Agency CNA
2010 East Texas church burnings - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

It's a shame that after all these centuries both sects couldn't put aside their differences.

I don't think that any of us can imagine, for instance, members of a Protestant denomination waiting outside a Catholic Church to gun down the worshippers as they leave after attending mass.

Your kidding, right.

Otherwise I have a little book called The History of Western Europe you need to try to crack open sometime.

Can you tell us what your little book says about this happening in the 21st century. I don't seem to see this myself, but maybe you see things differently. I think we all are aware that in times past the Protestants and the Catholics were at each other, but I don't see these events happening now, do you? Meanwhile, the Shiites killing the Sunnis in Iraq the other day is just one example. We have read plenty about the Sunnis murdering Shiites in Pakistan. Perhaps you were asleep when all those suicide and car bombings were happening in Pakistan. I still say it's a shame that they can't put aside their differences since both sects believe that Mohammed was the last prophet. Think at how many innocent Muslims would still be alive today if this would have happened years ago.

So, your point is that Christian atrocities were OK, because they were not done during the past 14 years?

You are only showing what happened in one area of the world with regard to Protestants and Catholics, and I don't think that either group was waiting outside churches to gun down members of the other group. Please show me something if this actually happened. Meanwhile, the Shiites and Sunnis have been at each others' throats practically since the beginning of Islam, and it would be nice if they could finally come to terms that it is OK for each sect to have some differences in their beliefs instead of their trying to murder members of .

Your kidding, right.

You are only showing what happened in one area of the world with regard to Protestants and Catholics, and I don't think that either group was waiting outside churches to gun down members of the other group.
Read about the atrocities committed by Roman Catholic Croatian and Orthodox Serbians against each other and as a joint effort against Bosnian Muslims you chamoole.

Your kidding, right.

You are only showing what happened in one area of the world with regard to Protestants and Catholics, and I don't think that either group was waiting outside churches to gun down members of the other group. Please show me something if this actually happened. Meanwhile, the Shiites and Sunnis have been at each others' throats practically since the beginning of Islam, and it would be nice if they could finally come to terms that it is OK for each sect to have some differences in their beliefs instead of their trying to murder members of .

Your kidding, right.

You are only showing what happened in one area of the world with regard to Protestants and Catholics, and I don't think that either group was waiting outside churches to gun down members of the other group.
Read about the atrocities committed by Roman Catholic Croatian and Orthodox Serbians against each other and as a joint effort against Bosnian Muslims you chamoole.

That was more than 14 years ago and an isolated incident so we cannot count it

Your kidding, right.

Your kidding, right.

It sure looks like you certainly don't care about the innocent Muslims who are blown up by others because of their sect which certainly appear to be happening on a regular basis these days. In fact, I didn't notice you saying anything about the Christians and that other group who were being murdering in Iraq. Maybe you have no compassion for all those who are being murdered in the name of religion these days.

Your kidding, right.

Your kidding, right.

It certainly looks like you have no interest in all those innocent Muslims being murdered by members of an opposite sect. In addition, you appear to have had no interest in those innocent Christians and Yazidis who have been murdered recently. If you had had any compassion or sympathy for what was happening to these unfortunate people these days, you would have said something. Thankfully here in the U.S. people of various religions are basically able to get along with each other and are not out to murder each other because of their beliefs as we see happening in other areas of the world these days.

It sure looks like you certainly don't care about the innocent Muslims who are blown up by others because of their sect which certainly appear to be happening on a regular basis these days. In fact, I didn't notice you saying anything about the Christians and that other group who were being murdering in Iraq. Maybe you have no compassion for all those who are being murdered in the name of religion these days.

Maybe I was trying to understand how anyone could be so moronic as to actually make a statement like:

But you are quite right: I don't really care whether Christians kill each other in Serbia, or Muslims kill each other in Iraq.

My main objective is to enjoy the entertainment value the horribly ignorant bring to the internets.

Thanks.

Maybe I was trying to understand how anyone could be so moronic as to actually make a statement like:

But you are quite right: I don't really care whether Christians kill each other in Serbia, or Muslims kill each other in Iraq.

My main objective is to enjoy the entertainment value the horribly ignorant bring to the internets.

Thanks.

Well I think it is rather cold blooded for anyone not caring what is happening to innocent people regardless of their religion. By the way, when I hear of Catholics or Protestants gunning each other down after church services here in the U.S. these days, I will let you know. The Internet can be entertaining many times, but it is also a place for an education of seeing how there are cold-hearted people posting who care nothing for their fellow man.

Thanks.

Well I think it is rather cold blooded for anyone not caring what is happening to innocent people regardless of their religion. By the way, when I hear of Catholics or Protestants gunning each other down after church services here in the U.S. these days, I will let you know. The Internet can be entertaining many times, but it is also a place for an education of seeing how there are cold-hearted people posting who care nothing for their fellow man.

Glad to Educate you.

See, you may learn something despite yourself.

Thanks.

Glad to Educate you.

Well if by showing

Thanks.

Glad to Educate you.

Yes, it really is an education finding out how cold-hearted people are. how lacking in compassion, when it comes to their fellow human beings being harmed. Is this the type of education really that worthwhile? Maybe it is because then we can see that not everyone is kind in this world, especially those who live in a country where they are able to live safely.

Forum List

Back