CDZ Should Children Be Held Out of Schools because of COVID?

Should Children be held out of school because of COVID?

• Yes

Votes: 4 25.0%
  • No

Votes: 12 75.0%

• Total voters

The_Lyrical_Miracle

Platinum Member
Oct 30, 2021
Pretty simple question, but the standards can be tough to navigate. We know that if someone goes to the hospital for knee surgery and catches COVID there, they're counted as a "COVID hospitalization".. so it's hard to get any accurate data. I guess we just have to admit that the official data is astronomically skewed.

However, I know that even with such flawed practices, the amount of death that COVID causes is objective.

Here's what we do know from the CDC
From January 2020 to Sept 2021

Total Pre-school-aged kids in US (ages 3-5) 12,000,000
Deaths of Age Group with COVID 35
Likelihood your 3-5 yr old child will die 0.00029%
Total Elementary School-aged kids in US (6-10) 22,300,000
Deaths of Age Group with COVID 57
Likelihood your 6-10 yr old child will die 0.00025%
Total Junior High-aged kids in US (11-13) 12,500,000
Likelihood your 11-13 yr old child will die 0.00046%
Total High School-aged kids in US (14-17) 20,900,000
Deaths of Age Group with COVID 155
Likelihood your 14-17 yr old child will die 0.00074%

Now, Compare that with the Flu numbers from the CDC

Age 0-4 Flu Deaths over span of 2 years (2019-2020): 570
Age 0-4 COVID deaths over a span 1 year 8 mos (Jan 2020-sept 2021): 159
Age 5-17 Flu Deaths over the span of 2 years (2019-2020): 391
Age 5-17 COVID deaths over span of 1 year, 8 mos (Jan 2020-Sept 2021): 280
Sources:
1641827946361.png
1641827970107.png

Here's the Data, anyone think kids shouldn't be in school?

Last edited:
Pretty simple question, but the standards can be tough to navigate. We know that if someone goes to the hospital for knee surgery and catches COVID there, they're counted as a "COVID hospitalization".. so it's hard to get any accurate data. I guess we just have to admit that the official data is astronomically skewed.

However, I know that even with such flawed practices, the amount of death that COVID causes is objective.

Sources:

If they have Covid, they should be out. Schools should be open. They are open here. Time to replace dinosaur teachers with teachers willing to work, union or no union. Reagan did it to the Federal employees of the air traffic controller union. I have nothing against unions, but they should not be allowed to set policy for open and closed.

How does a teacher in Chicago feel when standing across from a checker in the super market who is ringing up their groceries?....checkers get paid half of what teachers earn and they don't get paid if they don't work and they work three times as hard as teachers....fuck these gutless selfish public school teachers today....take their pensions away and fire their ass....

If they have Covid, they should be out. Schools should be open. They are open here. Time to replace dinosaur teachers with teachers willing to work, union or no union. Reagan did it to the Federal employees of the air traffic controller union. I have nothing against unions, but they should not be allowed to set policy for open and closed.

Kids showing any sign of a contagious sickness should be kept home.

Sources:

I believe that a child should not be in school if he/she has covid. I also believe that if you go into the hospital for something else and are diagnosed with Covid and treated accordingly, you qualify as a covid patient. Nothing skewed about it.

No. It's long past time to stop having children held hostage by neurotic adults who want to get paid for doing nothing.

I believe that a child should not be in school if he/she has covid. I also believe that if you go into the hospital for something else and are diagnosed with Covid and treated accordingly, you qualify as a covid patient. Nothing skewed about it.

If you go to an ER for a broken leg and have non-symptomatic COVID you are a COVID patient?

A person dies of a car crash, and COVID is found in their system, did they die of COVID?

I believe that a child should not be in school if he/she has covid.
I think that's obvious

I also believe that if you go into the hospital for something else and are diagnosed with Covid and treated accordingly, you qualify as a covid patient. Nothing skewed about it.
I think that's dishonest... because we're trying to measure how many people have to go to the hospital because of COVID.

Including anyone who gets it while they have another issue that is the cause of their hospitalization just completely skews the nature of what we're trying to measure.

I think that's obvious

I think that's dishonest... because we're trying to measure how many people have to go to the hospital because of COVID.

Including anyone who gets it while they have another issue that is the cause of their hospitalization just completely skews the nature of what we're trying to measure.
YOU are trying to measure how many people go to hospitals because of covid, not WE.

If you go to an ER for a broken leg and have non-symptomatic COVID you are a COVID patient?

A person dies of a car crash, and COVID is found in their system, did they die of COVID?
Depends on how severe the virus was and how it affected their driving. Let's face it. This conversation is all about the covid crisis being a figment of our imagination, relative to its seriousness. The fact is that the Covid is responsible for death since it weakens the body's ability to fight the other problem, whereas without the Covid infection, the body has a chance to recover.

Depends on how severe the virus was and how it affected their driving. Let's face it. This conversation is all about the covid crisis being a figment of our imagination, relative to its seriousness. The fact is that the Covid is responsible for death since it weakens the body's ability to fight the other problem, whereas without the Covid infection, the body has a chance to recover.

The conversation is about holding kids out of class because someone else tested positive for COVID, or like in Chicago, the teachers demanding remote learning because of the "Omicron Spike"

If a person has the flu and dies of a car crash, did the die of the flu? Why is COVID being treated differently?

The conversation is about holding kids out of class because someone else tested positive for COVID, or like in Chicago, the teachers demanding remote learning because of the "Omicron Spike"

If a person has the flu and dies of a car crash, did the die of the flu? Why is COVID being treated differently?
Because we do not know whether they die from the Covid or something else. Covid has been responsible for millions of deaths throughout the world, and who knows what other body weakness these people had when they died.

Because we do not know whether they die from the Covid or something else. Covid has been responsible for millions of deaths throughout the world, and who knows what other body weakness these people had when they died.

Exactly, and why the mortality rates need to be further defined by age, co-morbidities and other factors. Right now the death rate for kids under 5 while unvaccinated is something like 0.00002% of something ridiculous like that. For vaccinated 5-18 its maybe even lower.

No reason to shut schools down.

Exactly, and why the mortality rates need to be further defined by age, co-morbidities and other factors. Right now the death rate for kids under 5 while unvaccinated is something like 0.00002% of something ridiculous like that. For vaccinated 5-18 its maybe even lower.

No reason to shut schools down.
Nah, I don't agree with your assessment. Define--for what purpose? The medical community has already defined, and I accept their conclusions.

If we're talking about what is technically true, the same can be said about the flu virus, but we never shut down school or forced kids to mask up because of it.

Nah, I don't agree with your assessment. Define--for what purpose? The medical community has already defined, and I accept their conclusions.

They have defined, re-defined, re-re-defined, un-defined, and on and on and on.

Oh, people know. If someone with Terminal cancer gets COVID, COVID is at best a Co-mortality.

Oh, people know. If someone with Terminal cancer gets COVID, COVID is at best a Co-mortality.
Oh, but did they die from the covid or the cancer? Did the Covid weaken the body so that It could not fight the cancer?

Forum List

Back