Should Churches be forced to accomodate for homosexual weddings?

Should places of worship be required to hold gay weddings

• Yes, Denmark does it, the Scandinavians are enlightened

Votes: 17 7.0%
  • No, I THOUGHT this was AMERICA

Votes: 198 81.8%
  • You are a baby brains without a formed opinion

Votes: 5 2.1%
  • Other, explain

Votes: 22 9.1%

• Total voters
The First Amendment forbids public law from forcing anything on religious institutions, just as it forbids religious institutions from imposing their will on the public.

So churches should have the right to discriminate against homosexuals?

How about against racial minorities as well?

Why is it that so many people cannot differentiate between "That is bad behavior" and "Therefore, it should be illegal"?

That's the libturd modus operandi. "We don't like that" or "we don't approve of that" automatically translates into "we must outlaw that" in their minds.

Boobs aren't either. :D

I beg to differ.

When I see incredible boobs, I wanna have sex.

That makes them sexual organs, thank you very much! :D
Heck, any cartoonist worth his salt knows that... :eusa_angel:

Jessica-Rabbit-Who-Framed-Roger-Rabbit.png

Who wants to play patty cake?

FACE THE TRUTH!!!==LIVING IN THE SEXUAL PERVERSION OF homosexuality ""IS"" a choice!!! Men, instead of having normal sex relationships with women, burned with lust for each other, men doing shameful things with other men and, as a result, getting paid within their own souls with the penalty they so richly deserved. Romans 1:27 ==== SIN IS A CHOICE=A BAD CHOICE. THEIVES DESIRE TO STEAL SO THEY CHOOSE TO STEAL, LIARS DESIRE TO LIE SO THEY CHOSE TO BE LIARS. SIN IS A CHOICE!!!

Why is it that so many people cannot differentiate between "That is bad behavior" and "Therefore, it should be illegal"?

That's the libturd modus operandi. "We don't like that" or "we don't approve of that" automatically translates into "we must outlaw that" in their minds.

Actually that is the American way: all of us, including bripatty, want to tell everyone else how to live.

However the responsible right to responsible left have the Constitution on this one.

FACE THE TRUTH!!!==LIVING IN THE SEXUAL PERVERSION OF homosexuality ""IS"" a choice!!! Men, instead of having normal sex relationships with women, burned with lust for each other, men doing shameful things with other men and, as a result, getting paid within their own souls with the penalty they so richly deserved. Romans 1:27 ==== SIN IS A CHOICE=A BAD CHOICE. THEIVES DESIRE TO STEAL SO THEY CHOOSE TO STEAL, LIARS DESIRE TO LIE SO THEY CHOSE TO BE LIARS. SIN IS A CHOICE!!!

You obviously do not love your neighbor as yourself.

Let's move along.

If you increase your font size to 4 or 5, maybe, use bold and lots of colors, we may start to remember that you also post here.

Homosexuality is as normal as heterosexuality.

Which is your opinion, and in no way invalidates the rights of others to disagree, or conveys upon you the right to impose your opinion on them as some sort of objective moral standard.

I'm not. The queers are demanding we accept their behavior as normal. You're confused.

All you have to do is accept it as legal and within their rights to equal treatment under the law.

Marriage confers legal rights that are derived from the state. I don't think a religious organization should be the decider of who gets legal rights.

I think marriages should only be performed by a religious institution but that marriage comes with no legal status. The state should sanction civil unions and only those come with legal rights. This way religions decide whom they'll marry and civil society decides who gets legal benefits.

The state should sanction a civil union between any gender or number of consenting adults.

When the state seeks to impose its will upon the churches of the land, bloodshed is a heartbeat away.

No. In our country, the state does not have the authority to dictate what the church must *allow*.

So if churches should be allowed refuse to marry homosexuals couples, should they be allowed to refuse to marry mixed race couples if it goes against their doctrine?

You say that as if you think, "Ah hah, but RACE!" is some sort of universal trump card to play, a boundary over which nothing can EVER be allowed to cross and the defense of which is sacrosanct.

Let me advance what is probably a radical notion to you. It is completely legal for someone to be an asshole, and even a racist asshole, and while it is repugnant and immoral behavior for one to be such, it is far more repugnant and immoral for someone to try to impose by law their own preferred behaviors onto said racist asshole.

I would rather live in a society where people have the freedom to be ignorant bigots than one where everyone is a well-behaved slave.
Good response.

Awesome post, great job. I agree 100%, finally someone gets it.

All I was trying to do is get someone to be consistent and and not ignore the question, because the issues are interconnected. This is a question of free association and property rights.

It is not a question of "my FEELINGS!" or "I am owed goods and services by merely existing(public accommodations)" in regards to liberal, or in the case of so called conservatives who say "race and sexual orientation are two different things, how could you compare them, btw did I tell you I would love for my kids to get mixed race married".

Glad there is someone on the boards that actually believes in the novel idea of freedom and negative liberties.

If you increase your font size to 4 or 5, maybe, use bold and lots of colors, we may start to remember that you also post here.

Comon now be nice to Mr. Swaggart.

Churches tend to teach that sex outside of marriage is a sin, but marriage removes the sin from the sex.

Common sense would suggest that if churches logically applied that thinking to gay sex,

then gay sex would be a sin outside of marriage, but gay marriage would remove the sin from the sex.

Well even God and primitive man knew that homosexuality spreads disease and social dysfunction.

Syphilis has killed more heterosexuals in history than AIDs has killed gays.

Syphilis wasn't curable until penicillin was discovered, so that statistic is totally meaningless.

THEN YOU NOW CONFESS,"YOU NOW WILL HAVE NO EXCUSE ON YOUR FINAL JUDGMENT DAY"!!! Think!

He was talking about shrine prostitutes in that verse.

The First Amendment forbids public law from forcing anything on religious institutions, just as it forbids religious institutions from imposing their will on the public.

Churches, and indeed any organization not serving the general public, are free to discriminate as they will. You don't expect a christian church to perform muslim services do you?

They can even become paid political organizations, if they give up their tax exempt status.

If they discriminate, then the aren't serving the general public. Your claim is self refuting.

Well even God and primitive man knew that homosexuality spreads disease and social dysfunction.

Syphilis has killed more heterosexuals in history than AIDs has killed gays.

Syphilis wasn't curable until penicillin was discovered, so that statistic is totally meaningless.

How so, AIDS is as of now, "incurable", yet treatments advance. Antibiotics were not an AHA moment either. Many years between 'discovery' and widespread treatments.

If a church holds itself out as a public service for weddings, then, certainly yes.

If it does not, then certainly not.

It doesn't hold itself out as a public service, adult diaper lord. Even if it did, where does the Constitution say they are forced to perform weddings for whoever asks them to?

:lol: Such a tall tiny human intellect for a anarcho-commie

You understand public accommodation law, and you don't like it.

No one cares.

I understand that the Constitution doesn't authorise "public accommodation law."

Did you find a good source for your diapers yet?

Marriage confers legal rights that are derived from the state. I don't think a religious organization should be the decider of who gets legal rights.

I think marriages should only be performed by a religious institution but that marriage comes with no legal status. The state should sanction civil unions and only those come with legal rights. This way religions decide whom they'll marry and civil society decides who gets legal benefits.

The state should sanction a civil union between any gender or number of consenting adults.

I disagree, I think marriage is between a man and a woman. Marriage licenses should be issued by the state with incentives to promote procreation and family formation to support the continuity, stability, and the strengthening of the fabric of society going forward. This blind egalitarianism you are pushing serves no purpose outside of itself and is irrational.

Such an angry person you are after reading the bible. What's your real problem? You're attracted to the same sex but you're fighting it is my guess. Read what Jesus said about not being judgemental in the meantime.

Jesus said marriage is a man and woman. Was Jesus judgmental?

I doubt it. Not His style.

Post the scripture please, and who supposedly wrote it.

And The Bible is not The Constitution.

The far right evangelical entitlement to legislate how people live has ended in this country.

Do notice those who reject the far right are not telling them how to live their personal lives.

I don't care what you doubt. Post your points.

Forum List

Back