Should Churches be forced to accomodate for homosexual weddings?

Should places of worship be required to hold gay weddings

• Yes, Denmark does it, the Scandinavians are enlightened

Votes: 17 7.0%
  • No, I THOUGHT this was AMERICA

Votes: 198 81.8%
  • You are a baby brains without a formed opinion

Votes: 5 2.1%
  • Other, explain

Votes: 22 9.1%

• Total voters
This question can apply to all places of worship, so mosques, synagogues, hindu temples etc.

Should places or worship be forced to accommodate for gay weddings?

I'm a big 400 lb male biker. My male lover is bigger than me. We're going to a catholic church, then a born again church, then a synagog, then a presbyterian, lutheran, protestant, mormon then a mosque and we're insisting they marry us. And our tradition says the priest/rabbi/shaman or whoever is performing the ceremony has to hold each of us by our manhood until we both finish on the alter. :eek::lol:

Do you have evidence of a church in the US being forced to perform a gay wedding?

Didn't think so.

Did you miss the question?

SHOULD places of worship be forced to accommodate...it's a QUESTION.

Is English your second language?

And the answer is NO....just like places of worship should NOT be forced to accomodate either inter-racial, inter-faith, or formerly divorced couple marriages.

Has any of that happened yet?

Nobody said it had happened.

Again. It was a question. Not a claim that it was happening.

:cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo:

This question can apply to all places of worship, so mosques, synagogues, hindu temples etc.

I'm a big 400 lb male biker. My male lover is bigger than me. We're going to a catholic church, then a born again church, then a synagog, then a presbyterian, lutheran, protestant, mormon then a mosque and we're insisting they marry us. And our tradition says the priest/rabbi/shaman or whoever is performing the ceremony has to hold each of us by our manhood until we both finish on the alter. :eek::lol:

Need a photographer?

Do you believe in the separation of church and state?

You clearly do not.

If you're gonna debate then make your points. Telling me what I believe or don't believe isn't a debating point. Idiot.

Haha, meet fake.

Don't worry, we have all gone through this stage with him. It happens right before you put him on ignore because he's such a vapid moron...eventually you take him off ignore because you realize, he's not even relevant enough to put on ignore. Everybody treats him the same way.

Which is why we aren't interested in marrying freaks. As you know, there are children in the church.

Do you believe in the separation of church and state?

You clearly do not.

If you're gonna debate then make your points. Telling me what I believe or don't believe isn't a debating point. Idiot.

I am not debating an already clear point: you don't believe in separation based on your comments. You are a Big Government right wing Progressive, just like Pop23 and LockeJaw and Vigilante and koshergrl, who wants government to deny marriage equality.

You clearly do not.

Haha, meet fake.

Don't worry, we have all gone through this stage with him. It happens right before you put him on ignore because he's such a vapid moron...eventually you take him off ignore because you realize, he's not even relevant enough to put on ignore. Everybody treats him the same way.

An excellent projection of your own self loathing, koshergrl. :lol:

Nobody gives a crap about your revisionist garbage, jake.

You're like a less intelligent, unfunny, pogo.

They can't. No one has ever made a good argument against marriage equality because there is none.

De facto same sex marriage has always existed. The fact that legal or religious systems have not recognized them, or outlawed them, or persecuted them,

is irrelevant.

Well yes, initially it was a religious dictate coming out of our Christian tradition here in the west. So I am talking about what the government's policy on marriage ought to be in Western Societies.

If on Indian Reservations they wish to issue same sex marriage licenses I wouldn't oppose it, I support full tribal autonomy. I don't know what tribes you speak of, but no, I don't think government policy should be reflective of the traditions of these supposed tribes, it should be reflective of our own historical traditions as emerging from European Christian civilization.

Also for practical considerations. Homosexuality serves no societal purpose. It makes no sense to put the lifestyle on par with a union that results in children and therefore a family except to not hurt the feelings of people and be "fair". As though fairness, equality, basically FEELINGS, should trump practical considerations and reality.

Infertile couples can still adopt, and being a man and woman still form the foundation of the nuclear family. But most people aren't infertile, and these minute exceptions to the rule in no way negate the primary purpose of marriage, procreation and family formation.

I just outlined why homosexual couples and heterosexual couples shouldn't be treated the same. Though the burden is on you why we should treat them the same as you are making an affirmative case to change the law.

Many of your arguments were raised when interracial marriages were made legal here in Virginia. And that was not so very long ago. Tradition doesn't hold much sway with me. To say people should be denied legal rights because they've always been denied such rights is a pretty weak argument.

Gay couples have always formed long-term relationships and children are often involved. By denying the gay couple the same legal rights as other couples harms them but it also harms the children involved. I see no justification for that.

You didn't answer the question: Should eldery couples be allowed to wed?
Yea, when you lose on the merits, you revert to in a indirect way calling me a racist.

Guess what, I oppose interracial marriage as well. But then again, I oppose a society of depressed, mixed race rootless cosmopolitans with identity crises and mental issues.

It's funny, you traditions mattered when you mentioned indian tribes that supposedly gay married in the past. So you will make appeals to tradition when it serves your ends. But otherwise, you just don't care. I am not surprised though, libertarians are antisocial hedonistic materialist that have no conception of community. Since you don't care about community, and believe in the primacy of the individual, why would you care about the communities and the traditions that underlie them?

LOL at another appeal to tradition(there have always been gays), I thought tradition didn't sway you? This just shows your intellectual laziness, you can't even form a consistent argument Children are harmed more by gay adoption than a lack of gay marriage.
A Married Mom and Dad Really Do Matter: New Evidence from Canada | Public Discourse

I did answer, the question, I will repeat myself though, yes, elderly couples should be allowed to wed.

Who says?

That's not debating. That's asking a question that is unrelated to my post. What do you disagree with? And why?

Answer the question. Who says the pastor is now a civil servant when he says.."by the power vested, etc. Who says? You? Making up stuff isn't a debating skill. Tell me who.

Because the state has vested him with the power to officiate over a civil action that requires someone with that power.

Did you miss the question?

SHOULD places of worship be forced to accommodate...it's a QUESTION.

Is English your second language?

And the answer is NO....just like places of worship should NOT be forced to accomodate either inter-racial, inter-faith, or formerly divorced couple marriages.

Why do you think none of those things have happened, "koshergrl"?

You clearly do not.

I am not debating an already clear point: you don't believe in separation based on your comments. You are a Big Government right wing Progressive, just like Pop23 and LockeJaw and Vigilante and koshergrl, who wants government to deny marriage equality.

Mental masturbation.

Gay men do not differ from straight men in the size and shape of any facial feature. Rather, the use of certain expressions can become ingrained in the musculature of the face over time. Since effeminate gay men utilize similar facial expressions as women, they develop female aging and muscle contraction patterns in their face. For example, gay face includes tightness around the mouth from pursing the lips, a facial expression common to gay men and women - but not to heterosexual men. Also, gay men are more emotionally expressive, leading to a general “tightness” and muscular activation through out the entire face. Gay face includes an eye expression that is both surprised looking and predatory. Eyebrows are usually arched higher than that of straight men, and eyebrow hair is manicured. There is often a slightly tan and/or leathery look to the skin, especially among older gay men. Lesbians also have a version of gay face that emulates the facial muscular usage patterns straight men. They exhibit an under expression of emotion, relaxed brows, relaxed eyes, and less taut mouth and cheek muscles than straight women. The skin is usually pale and splotchy.

Gay men do not differ from straight men in the size and shape of any facial feature. Rather, the use of certain expressions can become ingrained in the musculature of the face over time. Since effeminate gay men utilize similar facial expressions as women, they develop female aging and muscle contraction patterns in their face. For example, gay face includes tightness around the mouth from pursing the lips, a facial expression common to gay men and women - but not to heterosexual men. Also, gay men are more emotionally expressive, leading to a general “tightness” and muscular activation through out the entire face. Gay face includes an eye expression that is both surprised looking and predatory. Eyebrows are usually arched higher than that of straight men, and eyebrow hair is manicured. There is often a slightly tan and/or leathery look to the skin, especially among older gay men. Lesbians also have a version of gay face that emulates the facial muscular usage patterns straight men. They exhibit an under expression of emotion, relaxed brows, relaxed eyes, and less taut mouth and cheek muscles than straight women. The skin is usually pale and splotchy.

Pedophiles likewise primarily exhibit a certain appearance as well. They also utilize particular mannerisms in their verbal and physical interactions with other people.

I'm a pedo water witch. I've got what seems to others to be a sixth sense when really it's just that I'm supremely observant and have a lot of experience with the weirdos..I can single them out of a crowd.

When did I say I thought that?

:cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo:

Try to stick to the topic. Your frantic attempts to derail/change the subject are just kind of lame and pathetic.

When did I say I thought that?

:cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo:

Try to stick to the topic. Your frantic attempts to derail/change the subject are just kind of lame and pathetic.
Why do you think that none of those things have happened, "koshergrl"?

or, if you wish....WHEN have any of those things happened?

That's not debating. That's asking a question that is unrelated to my post. What do you disagree with? And why?

Answer the question. Who says the pastor is now a civil servant when he says.."by the power vested, etc. Who says? You? Making up stuff isn't a debating skill. Tell me who.

Because the state has vested him with the power to officiate over a civil action that requires someone with that power.
Amendment 1: "Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances."

I believe in equal rights for everyone, up to property lines of reservations and churches. We should love and consider the person who is gay and cannot help it, but we should not be forced to go against our understanding of what the Holy Bible says is offensive (aka, an abomination).

There are many churches that allow gay marriages, and many that don't. Pick one that allows your beliefs.

Mental masturbation.

Yes, that is what you are doing: fun but sterile.

Forum List

Back