Should DC become a state and get 2 Senators and voting rights for residents?

DC is not a state, and it won't be for the foreseeable future, period.
Yeah, I get it. You don't know how this works. There would still be a District of Columbia it would just be smaller and pretty much consist of federal buildings.

It doesn't matter who they vote for. If Republicans can't compete in a new state that is their problem. But not a reason to deny people representation.
It certainly does matter who they vote for. That's exactly the reason they didn't make DC a state.

WASHINGTON DC SHOULD NOT BE GIVEN THE STATUS OF A STATE.
- THE MASS MAJORITY OF THOSE (ESPECIALLY POLITIICANS) IN DC ARE TRANSIENT GOVT POLITICIANS, AIDES, LOBBYISTS, ETC...

WASHINGTON DC SHOULD BE TREATED LIKE EARLY AUSTRALIA AND BE GIVEN THE STATUS OF A CRIMINAL PENAL COLONY.
My, your a bit soft.

When I first saw this thread, my reaction was sort of similar.

:heehee:

. . . I thought, naw. . . let's give everyone till noon tomorrow to get the hell outta town, and considering everything that town has done to this nation and the world the last few decades? Two Senators? Naw, give the town this. . .

mario-nuke.gif

Yeah, I get it. You don't know how this works. There would still be a District of Columbia it would just be smaller and pretty much consist of federal buildings.
It will never happen, douchebag. That's how it works.

Oh two whole states huh

Two whole what? Thank you.

And they're just a fucking city? lol

Which has zip to do with statehood requirements.

One that again other states gave up not to make a third state, but for a capital.

So? They have been separated for over 200 years. They are completely different entities.

And it does, if they were as big as NYC you'd have an argument.

Why? What does the size of New York City have to do with anything?

As it is you just want senators....And no one is ever going to give them to you. lol

I have no control over the senators elected by a proposed new state at sometime in the future (eventually it's going to happen). However, not wanting those senators simply because you don't agree with the people who elected them is no reason to deny statehood so why even bring it up?

Why youo want this arms race when the senate skews rural I have no idea anyway...You will lose
I'm not concerned with an "arms race" but equal representation.

This isn't some new phenomena, if you don't like DC, leave. lol

Or they can stay and fight for the same rights others take for granted.

It will never happen, douchebag. That's how it works.

You're not an authority and pretty much everything. If you were then we'd have a dilapidating wall across the entire southern border and TFG would be you know where.

You're not an authority and pretty much everything. If you were then we'd have a dilapidating wall across the entire southern border and TFG would be you know where.
How would being an authority change that? If it was up to me, we would have a brand spanking new 30 ft wall with guard towers long the entire border. A "dilapidated wall" is what douchebags like you voted for.

How would being an authority change that? If it was up to me, we would have a brand spanking new 30 ft wall with guard towers long the entire border. A "dilapidated wall" is what douchebags like you voted for.

That's what I'm talking about. I didn't vote for a wall, either the make believe one in your head, the scam wall that Bannon was pushing (that you probably gave him money for) or the incomplete one with portions of it falling apart due to weather. I didn't vote for any of that. You did.

That's what I'm talking about. I didn't vote for a wall, either the make believe one in your head, the scam wall that Bannon was pushing (that you probably gave him money for) or the incomplete one with portions of it falling apart due to weather. I didn't vote for any of that. You did.
Democracy sucks, don't it?

If you work in D.C. and are a resident of any other state you do not have to pay D.C. income taxes on your wages, due to reciprocal agreements with the states. Income earned in D.C. is taxed in the home state.

....yet, our politicians have made sure the average American citizen does not enjoy the same tax rules. For example, NFL players must file separate tax returns for EVERY STATE in which they play a game (every away game). If they play 5 away games in different states they have to file 6 tax returns - 1 home-state tax return and 5 other state tax returns.

:uhh:

How Do Taxes Work in the NFL? - Sportscasting

https://www.sportscasting.com › how-do-taxes-work-in-...

Nov 16, 2020 — In other words, players must file separate tax returns for every state where they play an away game — unless that state lacks an income tax, .

What? You don't want the citizens of a state to have a say on the ground they live on which is located in the continental United States? That's about the dumbest idea I've ever heard.

Yeah, we're not talking about them.

They're not living in Spain, they are living in the United States. Jesus Christ.
They are not physically located in a state and won't be. If they want voting rights, they become a citizen of a state. That can be done easily, as the precedent is set by Americans living abroad.

And what is this with you yammering on about not having a say? They get to vote just like any other citizen of their home state. Get that through your head.

Yes. The Founding Fathers didn't want a bunch of parasites voting on what kind of goodies they get from the federal government.

Actually that's not the reason at all. The Capitol was established so that it wouldn't be influenced by any one state and was located between northern and southern interests. Even your revisionist history is full of hate and belittling someone, somewhere.

Forum List

Back