Should Dean's life be ruined for saying the N-word 30-40-50 years ago?

Status
Not open for further replies.
My .02c for what it's worth:

I get the feeling Paula Deen's a generally nice, if not a bit naive, woman. She probably didn't realize what effect her comments would have. Not an excuse, but I think if she understand the gravity of her use of the N-word, she probably would've not answered.

The one thing that bothers me is the fact that this was leaked after she testified, under oath, in a deposition. The reason it came up was because the lawyer of the lady suing her wanted to show she has a history of making these kinds of offensive comments around the people who work for her. I get why it would be something to bring up to make the case, but I almost always hate snitching just to make someone look bad or "get someone in trouble", and, the way I see it, if her language makes you uncomfortable, you should leave the first or even second time she says it, not after the twentieth. Sticking around when this is a common thing, so you say, just makes this look like blackmail.

The plaintiff has testified she has never heard Paula Deen use a racial slur. Jackson testified she never knew of Paula Deen sexually harassing anyone.

Jackson even testified that to her knowledge Paula Deen had never been discriminatory.

So how crazy is this?

They're now hanging people because they're WHITE. This is racism.

How about this..

I don't believe a word of these accusations and won't until I hear and see a tape of her uttering those words.

I was just on the Examiner website and this writer was just tearing her to shreds with no proof.

Now the story has spread that Paula Deen wanted "Jim Crow" waiters. The bullshit is getting higher and higher and higher.

So called journalists just ruining someone's reputation for blood sport.

All you have to do is read the depositions of both Deen and the plaintiff Jackson to know this is all garbage that so many are spouting on the airwaves and in blogs and on message boards.

Her reputation is ruined.

Last edited:
I was just on the Examiner website and this writer was just tearing her to shreds with no proof.

Now the story has spread that Paula Deen wanted "Jim Crow" waiters. The bullshit is getting higher and higher and higher.

So called journalists just ruining someone's reputation for blood sport.

All you have to do is read the depositions of both Deen and the plaintiff Jackson to know this is all garbage that everyone is spouting on the airwaves and in blogs and even on message boards.

This is racism against whites. This is wrong.

Is anyone here a lawyer? Because the shakedown letter would be unethical, but would that get the plaintiff's lawyer in hot water?

Hodges presented a demand letter from Woolf dated Jan. 31 in which he urged Deen’s lawyers to consider the “economic losses they will experience if we are caused to bring this matter to a public forum. ...

Exposure of the racist and sexist culture of her corporate and personal life is going to permanently and irreparably damage the value of her brand.”

Woolf also told Deen’s lawyers he was making arrangements for a press conference on the day of filing and had identified a number of journalists, including the New York Times, to draw attention to the suit.

Woolf earlier sent a letter dated Sept. 3 in which he demanded $12 million to settle the claims, Hodges said

Former manager sues Paula Deen, brother for workplace abuse | savannahnow.com

Oh cripes now it's even stranger. Check out this letter the plaintiff wrote praising Paula and her brother.

Man this is whacked out.

Deen’s attorney filed a formal response to the lawsuit, asking for the entire lawsuit to be dismissed and included a letter that Lisa Jackson sent to Deen on May 27, 2010.

The letter could be the smoking gun in the case because Jackson praises Deen and Bubba and boasts about how much she loves working for the first family of Southern cuisine.

The letter outlined Jackson’s proposal to turn Uncle Bubba’s Oyster House into a special event venue for weddings, tours, luncheons and holiday parties.

In it, Jackson gushes, “When I came to work for this company as a person, I felt hopeless.

I needed something, some opportunity that could provide me hope as an individual, as a woman, to make it on my own….I was stuck in an unhappy marriage because I had no other options….

When I started working for Bubba, he gave me an opportunity that allowed me, over time, a freedom I have never experienced.

He allowed me, for once in my life to take care of myself and for once have faith in myself as a person and as a woman to know that I could do it on my own…

Since then, I have been given opportunities that I never thought possible, all because of you and Bubba.”

Jackson resigned just two and a half months after writing the effusive letter according to the lawsuit, because management did nothing about her complaints of sexual harassment and other complaints she had.

Paula Deen Was Praised In Letter By Woman Who?s Now Suing Her | Radar Online

Last edited:
Oh cripes now it's even stranger. Check out this letter the plaintiff wrote praising Paula and her brother.

Man this is whacked out.

Deen’s attorney filed a formal response to the lawsuit, asking for the entire lawsuit to be dismissed and included a letter that Lisa Jackson sent to Deen on May 27, 2010.

The letter could be the smoking gun in the case because Jackson praises Deen and Bubba and boasts about how much she loves working for the first family of Southern cuisine.

The letter outlined Jackson’s proposal to turn Uncle Bubba’s Oyster House into a special event venue for weddings, tours, luncheons and holiday parties.

In it, Jackson gushes, “When I came to work for this company as a person, I felt hopeless.

I needed something, some opportunity that could provide me hope as an individual, as a woman, to make it on my own….I was stuck in an unhappy marriage because I had no other options….

When I started working for Bubba, he gave me an opportunity that allowed me, over time, a freedom I have never experienced.

He allowed me, for once in my life to take care of myself and for once have faith in myself as a person and as a woman to know that I could do it on my own…

Since then, I have been given opportunities that I never thought possible, all because of you and Bubba.”

Jackson resigned just two and a half months after writing the effusive letter according to the lawsuit, because management did nothing about her complaints of sexual harassment and other complaints she had.

Paula Deen Was Praised In Letter By Woman Who?s Now Suing Her | Radar Online

The only reason this is national news is because these people are racist against whites. :eek: It's getting really stupid.

tumblr_mop7m2p3411qfacvto1_400.png

Paula "Butter Queen" Deen will probably emerge from this scandal bigger than ever.

She'll get back on tv somewhere if she wants to. I'm guessing it will be on one of the country music channels or RFDtv, something like that.

And that makes it OK?

Is there any wonder why everyone thinks you're a moron?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back