Should Dean's life be ruined for saying the N-word 30-40-50 years ago?

Status
Not open for further replies.
As a conservative BUSINESS owner I have no problem with her freedom of speech nor the decision of the business to fire her. We bitch all the time about employees that CANT be fired and now that one is we bitch. This is how a free market works, deal with it.
If her services are valuable someone else will happily pick her up.

Exactly. And there's no such thing as "bad" publicity.
Worked out for Martha Stewart didn't it?

Again for the feeble minded -- that's a business decision, not politics. It's not under any law. They had a contract, the contract won't be renewed. So-- what, you want the government to step in and force them to write a new contract for Paula Freaking Deen? Really?

Show me how it's not their right to sign the contract that works for them and their bottom line.
Show me what law, or politician, or Constitutional phrase, is preventing them from doing that.

And you wanna fling "tards"?
Duh?

listen carefully 'tard....i never claimed that the business did not have the right to rescind their contract....what i am claiming is they did it for POLITICAL idiotic PC reasons....

this is just one example how leftie libtard ideas affect the business world in negative ways....think of all the people on that show who will lose their jobs and all the families that will be affected.....all just because of something she said 40 frikken years ago....

The Food Network is not in the world of politics. It's in entertainment.

Dumbass.

Incidentally, the people who work on that show would be stringers and/or employees of a production company (or the channel itself). They'll simply be working on some other show. Perhaps the one that replaces Deen. The network still has the same amount of programming, whether it's the Deen show or not. What, you think a cameraperson can't work unless Paula Deen is involved? A special "Deen camera"?

Dumbass.

you are really too stupid to argue with...

Eagle thinks the world would be a better place if Ppl could use the word ****** without repercussions. Not honky, mike or wop tho. That would be wrong.

so why aren't libtards also banning words like.... honky....wop.....****...redneck....white trash....wigger.....?

gosh....so many nasty (n-words?) words.....and so few banned.......does that mean discrimination....?

When did 2007 become "40 years ago"? Must be that conservative math in action again. You know, the same math they use to propose balanced budgets.

And when did Democrats attacking a Democrat for racism become "hypocrisy"? Must be that conservative logic in action again. After all, the more accurate word to use would seem to be "consistency".

Somebody borrowed Karl Rove's calculator?

i guess Frankie did......he said it in the title of the thread......but no one has got on him.....

Eagle thinks the world would be a better place if Ppl could use the word ****** without repercussions. Not honky, mike or wop tho. That would be wrong.

so why aren't libtards also banning words like.... honky....wop.....****...redneck....white trash....wigger.....?

gosh....so many nasty (n-words?) words.....and so few banned.......does that mean discrimination....?

You're really too stupid to read. Nobody "banned" any of the above in the first place. You just want total control over private business. And you can't even figure this out by yourself, insisting that a private enterprise's entertainment TV program is "politics". You've failed to show how any laws or Constitutions or "libtards" have anything to do with the Food Network, beyond the fact that everybody has to eat.

Screwball.

You're really too stupid to read. Nobody "banned" any of the above in the first place. You just want total control over private business. And you can't even figure this out by yourself, insisting that a private enterprise's entertainment TV program is "politics". You've failed to show how any laws or Constitutions or "libtards" have anything to do with the Food Network, beyond the fact that everybody has to eat.

Screwball.

you keep holding on to your failed argument......guess you must be a 'bitter clinger'....

oh wait....that bit of hate speech has already been taken...

As a conservative BUSINESS owner I have no problem with her freedom of speech nor the decision of the business to fire her. We bitch all the time about employees that CANT be fired and now that one is we bitch. This is how a free market works, deal with it.

Every business has to have people they can trust at the management level. It is highly unlikely that the woman was hired to bop in and take over every single little thing. But, it is also highly likely that she though she was. OR, she saw an opportunity to extort money if she waited long enough. I have worked in places where some horrible things have been said about staff and patients. I have tried not to say them myself because my role as a nurse at any level is to advocate for the patient. You can't advocate for the patient if you openly detest him/her and you can't manage your staff if you are backbiting them. This woman clearly had an agenda when she took the job, to become Paula Deen, LLC.

I don't know what Paula Deen did or did not say, or did or did not do. But she is one of my most admired people and will stay that way for two reasons. 1) she overcame a mental illness that few ever overcome. 2) She took something ordinary and made millions at it.

It is not unusual for there to be usurpers in her type of business, because it is so ordinary that everyone thinks they can do it. But, reality is, it takes creativity and talent. And only Paula Deen gets to be Paula Deen, LLC.

Last edited:

There is a restaurant in my mother's town called "Li'l Dagos". As long as they keep that name, they'll never get my business; it would be an insult to my Sicilian girlfriend to do so.

Unlike Eagle though, I don't see it as a political issue and don't expect the gummint to step in and force them to change their name. It's a business decision, and they have to live with it.

Every business has to have people they can trust at the management level. It is highly unlikely that the woman was hired to bop in and take over every single little thing. But, it is also highly likely that she though she was. OR, she saw an opportunity to extort money if she waited long enough. I have worked in places where some horrible things have been said about staff and patients. I have tried not to say them myself because my role as a nurse at any level is to advocate for the patient. You can't advocate for the patient if you openly detest him/her and you can't manage your staff if you are backbiting them. This woman clearly had an agenda when she took the job, to become Paula Deen, LLC.

I don't know what Paula Deen did or did not say, or did or did not do. But she is one of my most admired people and will stay that way for two reasons. 1) she overcame a mental illness that few ever overcome. 2) She took something ordinary and made millions at it.

It is not unusual for there to be usurpers in her type of business, because it is so ordinary that everyone thinks they can do it. But, reality is, it takes creativity and talent. And only Paula Deen gets to be Paula Deen, LLC.

It's a shakedown. What has truly amazed me about this situation is the visceral attack on a truly fine lady who overcame so much.

Everyone has been attacking her over allegations. In her actual testimony at the deposition
Lisa Jackson under oath admitted she had never ever heard Paula Deen say a racist phrase.

It's crazy what the libs are doing to her. I really don't think they realize not only is she a Democrat but she personally campaigned for Obama in 2008 and if I remember correctly she had Michelle on her show.

Now to even crazier than the deposition is this letter Lisa wrote to Paula and her brother two months before she quit.

Deen’s attorney filed a formal response to the lawsuit, asking for the entire lawsuit to be dismissed and included a letter that Lisa Jackson sent to Deen on May 27, 2010.

The letter could be the smoking gun in the case because Jackson praises Deen and Bubba and boasts about how much she loves working for the first family of Southern cuisine.

The letter outlined Jackson’s proposal to turn Uncle Bubba’s Oyster House into a special event venue for weddings, tours, luncheons and holiday parties.

In it, Jackson gushes, “When I came to work for this company as a person, I felt hopeless.

I needed something, some opportunity that could provide me hope as an individual, as a woman, to make it on my own….I was stuck in an unhappy marriage because I had no other options….

When I started working for Bubba, he gave me an opportunity that allowed me, over time, a freedom I have never experienced.

He allowed me, for once in my life to take care of myself and for once have faith in myself as a person and as a woman to know that I could do it on my own…

Since then, I have been given opportunities that I never thought possible, all because of you and Bubba.”

Jackson resigned just two and a half months after writing the effusive letter according to the lawsuit, because management did nothing about her complaints of sexual harassment and other complaints she had.

Paula Deen Was Praised In Letter By Woman Who?s Now Suing Her | Radar Online

Last edited:
And this makes me think you hit the nail on the head Sunshine.

The letter outlined Jackson’s proposal to turn Uncle Bubba’s Oyster House into a special event venue for weddings, tours, luncheons and holiday parties.

You honest to goodness put the freaking puck in the net. Sunshine shoots, she scores!!!!!

This woman clearly had an agenda when she took the job, to become Paula Deen, LLC

Bingo!

And this makes me think you hit the nail on the head Sunshine.

You honest to goodness put the freaking puck in the net. Sunshine shoots, she scores!!!!!

This woman clearly had an agenda when she took the job, to become Paula Deen, LLC

Bingo!

Thanks girl. You are not slow on the uptake either! :clap2:

It's a shakedown. What has truly amazed me about this situation is the visceral attack on a truly fine lady who overcame so much.

Everyone has been attacking her over allegations. In her actual testimony at the deposition
Lisa Jackson under oath admitted she had never ever heard Paula Deen say a racist phrase.

It's crazy what the libs are doing to her. I really don't think they realize not only is she a Democrat but she personally campaigned for Obama in 2008 and if I remember correctly she had Michelle on her show.

Now to even crazier than the deposition is this letter Lisa wrote to Paula and her brother two months before she quit.

Deen’s attorney filed a formal response to the lawsuit, asking for the entire lawsuit to be dismissed and included a letter that Lisa Jackson sent to Deen on May 27, 2010.

The letter could be the smoking gun in the case because Jackson praises Deen and Bubba and boasts about how much she loves working for the first family of Southern cuisine.

In it, Jackson gushes, “When I came to work for this company as a person, I felt hopeless.

I needed something, some opportunity that could provide me hope as an individual, as a woman, to make it on my own….I was stuck in an unhappy marriage because I had no other options….

When I started working for Bubba, he gave me an opportunity that allowed me, over time, a freedom I have never experienced.

He allowed me, for once in my life to take care of myself and for once have faith in myself as a person and as a woman to know that I could do it on my own…

Since then, I have been given opportunities that I never thought possible, all because of you and Bubba.”

Jackson resigned just two and a half months after writing the effusive letter according to the lawsuit, because management did nothing about her complaints of sexual harassment and other complaints she had.

But then, they tend to be reactionaries about pretty much everything. So, their behavior regarding Paula is no surprise. People have been electing black politicians all over the south for decades. But the can't seem to take any notice.

Maybe so. I can't be bothered to sniff around inside this thing but if you did, perhaps it is a shakedown. Sounds entirely plausible.

So what the fuck does that have to do with "liburrals"? Or politics?

Telling someone that if they don't give you a lot of money, you will ruin their life is extortion. Extortion is a crime punishable by incarceration.

400+ post-count thread over a fucking word.

Apparently this word was spoken by someone that no-fucking-body even likes!

Acting like a bunch of 4yr olds with their feelings hurt.

If you do not like someone how in the flying fuck can you care what they have to say?
Go to the Dollar Tree and buy your self a new pacifier and STFU

:cuckoo:

If you do not like someone how in the flying fuck can you care what they have to say?

I did post a thread with the full complaint. Jackson v Deen. Check it out. It is about way more than just a word. It is clear that someone intended to ruin her life and has set out to do so.

I did post a thread with the full complaint. Jackson v Deen. Check it out. It is about way more than just a word. It is clear that someone intended to ruin her life and has set out to do so.

Perhaps, it seems to me that if Dean were nor a celebrity this would be a straight employment case.

I'll let you in on a secret Vicky Von Victim, no one has banned those words. Those words aren't socially acceptable. Words mean things, understand?

You don't like earth, you're welcome to leave. You don't even know what you're mad about but dang gummit youre a hopping mad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back