Should Dean's life be ruined for saying the N-word 30-40-50 years ago?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Then it is their business. Why is the media going nuts? My beef is the media.

Your spleen is vented in the proper place, but there is another side to this coin, to wit: why are the unwashed masses paying any attention to a bullshit story like this? Take away all this attention and faux outrage, and the network has nothing to react to, no action is taken, life goes on as before.

Media makes stories out of bullshit like this because their watchers and listeners and readers enable it.

why all the attention...?

because contrary to Bloomberg-style libtard PCers the public actually LIKES Paula Dean's southern-style cooking.....?

:lol:

Speak for yourself, I never heard of her until these threads. It was only because there was another thread that I even figured out what the fuck this thread was about, since it never identified "Dean".

I mean, who the fuck CARES. Really.

technically speaking....yes....

the liberal media are trained seals.....they learn their garbage in the liberal schools....

So you're abandoning your point, having lost it, and are now flailing about in desperation.

It's a slow and painful death.

i never abandoned my point......this is politics pure and simple....

....and once again, around in circles. At this point of the circle your task is to demonstrate how a private business making a business decision about not renewing one of its shows, has anything to do with politics, government, the First Amendment, the left or the right.

And your next move is, having no answer for that, to make some snarky remark about "libtards"... etc etc etc
yawn.gif

Your spleen is vented in the proper place, but there is another side to this coin, to wit: why are the unwashed masses paying any attention to a bullshit story like this? Take away all this attention and faux outrage, and the network has nothing to react to, no action is taken, life goes on as before.

Media makes stories out of bullshit like this because their watchers and listeners and readers enable it.

because contrary to Bloomberg-style libtard PCers the public actually LIKES Paula Dean's southern-style cooking.....?

Speak for yourself, I never heard of her until these threads. It was only because there was another thread that I even figured out what the fuck this thread was about, since it never identified "Dean".

what kind of liberal are you anyway....? :shock: you're SUPPOSED to CARE about the welfare of others....even to the point of telling others what they can eat and drink....and what others can say or not say 40 frikken years ago.....

what kind of liberal are you anyway....? :shock: you're SUPPOSED to CARE about the welfare of others....even to the point of telling others what they can eat and drink....and what others can say or not say 40 frikken years ago.....

So much for those mindless labels. I keep telling you label-fetishists...

So you're abandoning your point, having lost it, and are now flailing about in desperation.

It's a slow and painful death.

....and once again, around in circles. At this point of the circle your task is to demonstrate how a private business making a business decision about not renewing one of its shows, has anything to do with politics, government, the First Amendment, the left or the right.

And your next move is, having no answer for that, to make some snarky remark about "libtards"... etc etc etc
yawn.gif

i've already pointed out the PC hypersensitivity which obviously led to the network's decision to ban a popular southern cooking star for saying '******' 40 frikken years ago......

if you can't understand how that is political in nature then there is no hope for you....and i hold to the label 'libtard'....

Last edited:

yawn.gif

i've already pointed out the PC hypersensitivity which obviously led to the network's decision to ban a popular southern cooking star for saying '******' 40 frikken years ago......

if you can't understand how that is political in nature then there is no hope for you....and i hold to the label 'libtard'....

Again for the feeble minded -- that's a business decision, not politics. It's not under any law. They had a contract, the contract won't be renewed. So-- what, you want the government to step in and force them to write a new contract for Paula Freaking Deen? Really?

Show me how it's not their right to sign the contract that works for them and their bottom line.
Show me what law, or politician, or Constitutional phrase, is preventing them from doing that.

And you wanna fling "tards"?
Duh?

Last edited:

yawn.gif

Again for the feeble minded -- that's a business decision, not politics. It's not under any law. They had a contract, the contract won't be renewed. So-- what, you want the government to step in and force them to write a new contract for Paula Freaking Deen? Really?

Show me how it's not their right to sign the contract that works for them and their bottom line.
Show me what law, or politician, or Constitutional phrase, is preventing them from doing that.

Duh?

listen carefully 'tard....i never claimed that the business did not have the right to rescind their contract....what i am claiming is they did it for POLITICAL idiotic PC reasons....

this is just one example how leftie libtard ideas affect the business world in negative ways....think of all the people on that show who will lose their jobs and all the families that will be affected.....all just because of something she said 40 frikken years ago....

Duh?

listen carefully 'tard....i never claimed that the business did not have the right to rescind their contract....what i am claiming is they did it for POLITICAL idiotic PC reasons....

this is just one example how leftie libtard ideas affect the business world in negative ways....think of all the people on that show who will lose their jobs and all the families that will be affected.....all just because of something she said 40 frikken years ago....

The Food Network is not in the world of politics. It's in entertainment.

Dumbass.

Incidentally, the people who work on that show would be stringers and/or employees of a production company (or the channel itself). They'll simply be working on some other show. Perhaps the one that replaces Deen. The network still has the same amount of programming, whether it's the Deen show or not. What, you think a cameraperson can't work unless Paula Deen is involved? A special "Deen camera"?

Dumbass.

Last edited:
When did 2007 become "40 years ago"? Must be that conservative math in action again. You know, the same math they use to propose balanced budgets.

And when did Democrats attacking a Democrat for racism become "hypocrisy"? Must be that conservative logic in action again. After all, the more accurate word to use would seem to be "consistency".

When did 2007 become "40 years ago"? Must be that conservative math in action again. You know, the same math they use to propose balanced budgets.

And when did Democrats attacking a Democrat for racism become "hypocrisy"? Must be that conservative logic in action again. After all, the more accurate word to use would seem to be "consistency".

Somebody borrowed Karl Rove's calculator?

You are believing allegations. Not testimony under oath given in the deposition by the woman who is suing Paula and her brother.

Here ya go! Jackson never ever heard Paula Deen make a racist remark. It's all bullshit hype in the media. Liberals smearing this garbage all over themselves.

In the plaintiff’s own words

In Jackson’s deposition taken Feb. 11, she recounts how Dora Childs, an employee at The Lady & Sons, told her “probably sometime in 2010” that she felt discriminated against when a white male kitchen manager was promoted over her, adding, “and that Paula made racist comments.”

Deens’ attorney, Franklin, asked Jackson: “You have never heard Paula make a racist remark, have you?”

“Not heard it,” Jackson replied.

“You have never known Paula to discriminate against a person based on gender, have you?”

“I’m not aware.”

“And you have never known Paula to sexually harass anyone, have you?”

“Not me.”

http://amarillo.com/news/local-news...eposition-court-documents-overlooked-national

Last edited:
Eagle thinks the world would be a better place if Ppl could use the word ****** without repercussions. Not honky, mike or wop tho. That would be wrong.

As a conservative BUSINESS owner I have no problem with her freedom of speech nor the decision of the business to fire her. We bitch all the time about employees that CANT be fired and now that one is we bitch. This is how a free market works, deal with it.
If her services are valuable someone else will happily pick her up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back