Should Obama be able to run for a 3rd term?

Should Obama be permitted to run for a Third Term?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 26 100.0%

• Total voters
In the event that Hillary Clinton drops out of the race, should Barack Obama be permitted to run for a 3rd term and take her place as the Democrat Nominee? All are invited to vote on this poll. What say you? Yes or no?

you predicted a few months ago that obama would be staying

How bad our state of affairs are that our preference would be O over the other two incompetent loon bags.
In the event that Hillary Clinton drops out of the race, should Barack Obama be permitted to run for a 3rd term and take her place as the Democrat Nominee? All are invited to vote on this poll. What say you? Yes or no?

Hillary isn't dropping out. that is wishful thinking.

:cuckoo:

and no, the president cannot run for a third term without a constitutional amendment. and it would be too late for anyone else to get on the ballot in any event.

you're welcome.
What happens if come November 8th neither candidate gets enough electoral votes? Would you be for abolishing the 22nd amendment in order to appoint Obama to a 3rd term?
Jillian, just give Jeremiah what he wants and say yes.
Let Jillian speak for herself. She's a big girl.

I probably should just say yes because reality doesn't seem to sit well with you.

there will not be a situation where neither candidate gets enough electoral votes. it is not going to the house. no one is appointing the president to a third term. AGAIN it is unconstitutional absent a constitutional amendment.

It's happened before, and came close when Wallace ran as an independent in 1968. With the dislike of the major party candidates, this year seems at least possible that third party candidates could take enough electoral votes to force the election to the House. :dunno:

And you predicted the white race would be extinct by now so F U.

you crackas are dying off, the cross grovelers and statue bowers. whitey t christers are now only 46 percent of the population

you crackas are dying off, the cross grovelers and statue bowers. whitey t christers are now only 46 percent of the population

Not in merica. We run the yard out here, so watch your back.

Prediction is the wrong word, Guno. I said I believe he will stay in office. For almost 4 years now I've been telling you guys I believe he will stay in office. From the day he was put into office I never believed he would leave. I still don't.

Prediction is the wrong word, Guno. I said I believe he will stay in office. For almost 4 years now I've been telling you guys I believe he will stay in office. From the day he was put into office I never believed he would leave. I still don't.

How, exactly, do you think he will accomplish that? Since he is obligated to leave based on the 22nd amendment, how do you expect him to remain as president? There is no mechanism in place for it. Do you think he'll just refuse to leave the White House and everyone will say, "Well, I guess we have to give him another term"?

How, exactly, do you think he will accomplish that? Since he is obligated to leave based on the 22nd amendment, how do you expect him to remain as president? There is no mechanism in place for it. Do you think he'll just refuse to leave the White House and everyone will say, "Well, I guess we have to give him another term"?

I don't know, Montrovant. All I can tell you is that from the day he stepped into office I had a very bad feeling and said, I believe he's there's for good. I don't believe this man is ever going to leave. America is finished now. I'm not "predicting it." I'm just telling you that it was something that never left me and I have believed it to this day. I can give you a smaller example of something that happened recently. I was waking up the month of July in the very early morning hours (before 4 a.m.) which is unusual and I felt impressed to pray the American people - that something bad was coming soon - although I didn't know what it was.

I felt it would happen or begin mid August and so I searched the internet thinking we'd see another North eastern black out like we had in 2003. Then I searched you tube for any dreams people had about the month of August. There were some dreams people had of a tsunami but I really felt it was more on the line of disorder like riots or something. Chaos, you know. Then my husband mentioned to me that the Louisiana flood has been catastrophic. I don't have cable television and do not have an antenna either. So we do not watch t.v. but he heard about it on the internet and I did look up some pictures of the flood and it looks like a catastrophic event to me. So when I feel God is impressing something on me to pray, I usually see later what He was warning about.

Last edited:

I don't know, Montrovant. All I can tell you is that from the day he stepped into office I had a very bad feeling and said, I believe he's there's for good. I don't believe this man is ever going to leave. America is finished now. I'm not "predicting it." I'm just telling you that it was something that never left me and I have believed it to this day. I can give you a smaller example of something that happened recently. I was waking up the month of July in the very early morning hours (before 4 a.m.) which is unusual and I felt impressed to pray the American people - that something bad was coming soon - although I didn't know what it was.

I felt it would happen mid August and so I searched the internet thinking we'd see another North eastern black out like we had in 2003. Then I searched you tube for any dreams people had about the month of August. There were some dreams people had of a tsunami but I really felt it was more on the line of disorder like riots or something. Chaos, you know. Then my husband mentioned to me that the Louisiana flood has been catastrophic. I don't have cable television and do not have an antenna either. So we do not watch t.v. but he heard about it on the internet and I did look up some pictures of the flood and it looks like a catastrophic event to me. So when I feel God is impressing something on me to pray, I usually see later what He was warning about.

That's a pretty long non-answer there.

Unless you think that the federal government is going to, en masse, decide to ignore the clear rules of the 22nd amendment, as well as the entire electoral process (Obama is not running for president), or that somehow Obama has the power to hypnotize of force others to do his bidding, you're just blowing smoke.

As to your extraordinarily vague dream, if you want to believe that 'a bad feeling' was a predictive message from God, go ahead. It seems to me that something bad will happen in the country in any given month.

I say I'd rather see the ashen remains of Ronald Reagan serve a third term than see a living, breathing Barack Obama serve a third term.

1zmphfc.jpg

Mr. Trump, tear down this wall!

22nd Amendment says no...

List of amendments to the United States Constitution - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Since when has the Constitution meant anything to Democrats.

My poll answer was no not because I oppose him but for the very reason listed in the 22nd amendment.

List of amendments to the United States Constitution - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
But do Democrats believe the 22nd Amendment should be abolished? What about Republicans? What do they think, Bruce? That is the premise of the question and one I've been wondering about for some time. Would the American people agree to the 22nd Amendment being abolished in order to elect Obama for a third term.

Obama recently stated in an interview that he wasn't quitting his job. He was being forced out. Clearly the thought has occurred to him.

Do you know the first President to which the 22nd applied?

He's neither quitting nor being forced out. It's more like someone coming to the end of a contract that isn't going to be renewed. Either one would mean he could legally continue to do the job after 1/20/2017.

and no, the president cannot run for a third term without a constitutional amendment. and it would be too late for anyone else to get on the ballot in any event.

you're welcome.

Come on, jills, you know you want obozo's reign to be infinite.

wow....interesting fantasy.

insane and as loony as all the rest of the rightwingnut garbage.... but amusing.

How bad our state of affairs are that our preference would be O over the other two incompetent loon bags.

you're welcome.
What happens if come November 8th neither candidate gets enough electoral votes? Would you be for abolishing the 22nd amendment in order to appoint Obama to a 3rd term?

I probably should just say yes because reality doesn't seem to sit well with you.

there will not be a situation where neither candidate gets enough electoral votes. it is not going to the house. no one is appointing the president to a third term. AGAIN it is unconstitutional absent a constitutional amendment.

It's happened before, and came close when Wallace ran as an independent in 1968. With the dislike of the major party candidates, this year seems at least possible that third party candidates could take enough electoral votes to force the election to the House. :dunno:

the different being wallace knew he wouldn;t win the general election and only wanted to keep either major party candidate from getting a majority. in fact, he got a little less than 14% of the popular vote and 45 electoral vote. trump, using almost all of wallace's rhetoric and campaign style (except for the segregationist talk) went a lot further.

the different being wallace knew he wouldn;t win the general election and only wanted to keep either major party candidate from getting a majority. in fact, he got a little less than 14% of the popular vote and 45 electoral vote. trump, using almost all of wallace's rhetoric and campaign style (except for the segregationist talk) went a lot further.

I'm not arguing that the situations are identical, merely that with the dislike for both major party candidates in this presidential election, there seems to be a better chance than usual of third party candidates pulling in enough electoral votes to keep either of the two major candidates from hitting the magic number and forcing the election to the House. It's not likely, based on past history, but at the same time, there have been instances where a presidential election came close to or even went to the House, so fingers crossed! :D

But do Democrats believe the 22nd Amendment should be abolished? What about Republicans? What do they think, Bruce? That is the premise of the question and one I've been wondering about for some time. Would the American people agree to the 22nd Amendment being abolished in order to elect Obama for a third term.

Obama recently stated in an interview that he wasn't quitting his job. He was being forced out. Clearly the thought has occurred to him.

He's neither quitting nor being forced out. It's more like someone coming to the end of a contract that isn't going to be renewed. Either one would mean he could legally continue to do the job after 1/20/2017.

I'm not quite sure I get what you mean. Can you explain that to me? I'd appreciate it. Thanks. In the meantime, my mother in law sent me a story about the upcoming election. What do you think about this? Is this possible? I have no idea.

This is the story she sent me.

Here’s a very scary thought…………..

Pete, gave me a ride home and on the way he told me his theory about the upcoming election and the next four years of U.S. government. At first I thought it a bit far-fetched. But as I listened to him it began to make sense, scary sense…

“I believe that Hillary Clinton will win the election in November,” Pete began. “Then, sometime between November and January, Hillary will be indicted. The IRS is now investigating the Clinton Foundation and the whole e-mail thing isn’t over yet.”

“Once under indictment she won’t be able to assume the Office of the President in January. Tim Kaine, who will not actually be the Vice President because neither he nor Hillary have been inaugurated, cannot assume the Presidency.”

“The Speaker of the House can’t move up to it because there is already a sitting President and Vice President. So President Obama, in an Executive Order citing “emergency situation,” gives himself another four years in office is the only way possible.”

Pete believes Obama has been planning this for a while now, knowing he has enough on Hillary to indict her. Had the Attorney General indicted her based on evidence from the FBI this plan wouldn’t have worked because the DNC would have quickly come up with another candidate.

If you think about it, it’s not that outrageous. Many people on the left, including the President, want Obama to stay another four years. The law prohibits him from being re-elected so the only ways he can do it is by declaring martial law and suspending the election (which would be a very negative thing for the country) or to declare himself still President because the elected candidate cannot assume her duties.

The latter makes more sense and is actually more feasible. And since it’s never been done before, it would set a precedent that would be difficult to challenge.

Of course, if Trump wins the election none of this is going to happen. But what if Pete is correct? Four more years of Obama and a mostly useless Republican House and Senate would give Obama the time he needs to continue destroying changing the country to fit his stated goals.
________

What do you think about that? Is this possible?

I'm not quite sure I get what you mean. Can you explain that to me? I'd appreciate it. Thanks. In the meantime, my mother in law sent me a story about the upcoming election. What do you think about this? Is this possible? I have no idea.

Pete, gave me a ride home and on the way he told me his theory about the upcoming election and the next four years of U.S. government. At first I thought it a bit far-fetched. But as I listened to him it began to make sense, scary sense…

“I believe that Hillary Clinton will win the election in November,” Pete began. “Then, sometime between November and January, Hillary will be indicted. The IRS is now investigating the Clinton Foundation and the whole e-mail thing isn’t over yet.”

“Once under indictment she won’t be able to assume the Office of the President in January. Tim Kaine, who will not actually be the Vice President because neither he nor Hillary have been inaugurated, cannot assume the Presidency.”

“The Speaker of the House can’t move up to it because there is already a sitting President and Vice President. So President Obama, in an Executive Order citing “emergency situation,” gives himself another four years in office is the only way possible.”

Pete believes Obama has been planning this for a while now, knowing he has enough on Hillary to indict her. Had the Attorney General indicted her based on evidence from the FBI this plan wouldn’t have worked because the DNC would have quickly come up with another candidate.

If you think about it, it’s not that outrageous. Many people on the left, including the President, want Obama to stay another four years. The law prohibits him from being re-elected so the only ways he can do it is by declaring martial law and suspending the election (which would be a very negative thing for the country) or to declare himself still President because the elected candidate cannot assume her duties.

The latter makes more sense and is actually more feasible. And since it’s never been done before, it would set a precedent that would be difficult to challenge.

Of course, if Trump wins the election none of this is going to happen. But what if Pete is correct? Four more years of Obama and a mostly useless Republican House and Senate would give Obama the time he needs to continue destroying changing the country to fit his stated goals.
________

No.

The 20th amendment covers the death or lack of qualification of a president elect. In that situation the vice president elect becomes president.

________

It's like someone graduating from college. When the person reaches the day of graduation getting a diploma, they didn't quit. That they aren't coming back because they got their diploma doesn't mean the school forced them out. It's a timer and the time ran out.

As far as your scenario, define "emergency situation".

As far as Kaine not becoming President under your scenario of Hillary being indicted, that isn't true. Hillary would not be President but when Kaine was sworn in as VP, because the the person that was supposed to be President unable to fill the position, the VP becomes President. At that point, Kaine would appoint a VP.

Use the Nixon example. Although not in the same order, Nixon appointed Ford as VP when Agnew resigned. When Nixon resigned, in other words no longer able to to do the job, Ford became President. Ford then appointed a VP.

Forum List

Back