Should Obama Go To The Border?

Strange how as A Jew you align yourself with the white Christian nativists, did you forget when the Jews showed up he in America ?
We were not considered white and looked down and spit upon by the white Christians
scorned upon and looked upon as foreign rubbish
Our language - alienated them because they couldn't converse with the white christian locals and when conversing among ourselves in Yiddish were ostracized.
values - different to that of the white christian western world
our traditions mocked and demeaned
up until WWII denied employment in industries and company's like NY bell

Just like what is being done now describing others from Central and South America

A rightwing Christian doing, there is no surprise , But someone who is Jewish?? Oy vey!!

How Jews Became White Folks and What That Says About Race in America: Karen Brodkin: 9780813525907: Amazon.com: Books

i think the issue is complicated. right now the bigger problem is mexico letting them through. that said, i'm glad you raised that issue since I seem to recall hearing stories of those same "nativists" turning back boatloads of jews to europe to die. granted, it isn't at that level, but a blanket "send them back" without any further thought?

*shakes head*
Umm.. Jews were not coming from third world countries with diseases and if you want to change immigration law you work on changing it. Until then, abide by current law. Understand Ms lawyer?

Last edited:
From 1892 to 1954, over twelve million immigrants entered the United States through the portal of Ellis Island, a small island in New York Harbor.

The two main reasons why an immigrant would be excluded were if a doctor diagnosed that the immigrant had a contagious disease that would endanger the public health or if a legal inspector thought the immigrant was likely to become a public charge or an illegal contract laborer.

Ellis Island - FREE Port of New York Passenger Records Search

Obama has a boarder?

Are they renting out rooms in the White House to students to make ends meet?

Maybe the Clintons should have done that. Given that the Clintons were broke when they left the White House, they could have used the extra income.

The Clintons DID rent out rooms in the white house. They rented out the Lincoln Bedroom.

immigration-history.jpg

The right is going to lie about it one way or the other so why would he?

He's already doing more than any Republican has ever done and certainly more than they're doing now.

The Rs refuse to address the problems caused by illegals and the RWs say that's the president's fault.

SSDD

Obama's going to be in Texas. Shouldn't he visit the boarder?

maybe if the obama deranged rightwingnuts actually wanted to solve the problem and not rant and rave about lunatic conspiracy theories.

Solve the problem of an open border? that's easy seal it :D

Y'all toss it around but never say EXACTLY how one "seals" a 2000 mile border.

Just like "you" say "deport them all" but never say how that could be done.

Just like you ignore that President Obama has done more than any Republican has EVER done in our history.

And, just like you ignore that Republicans refuse to address the problem at all.

Why is that?

The right is going to lie about it one way or the other so why would he?

He's already doing more than any Republican has ever done and certainly more than they're doing now.

The Rs refuse to address the problems caused by illegals and the RWs say that's the president's fault.

SSDD

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hI5WRGsbY6o"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hI5WRGsbY6o[/ame]

If Obama is going to listen to the people who are there fighting an uphill battle and try to figure out what they need then yes, he should go.
If he's just going to pander to his base then no.

How many'd like to see President Obama say "Fuck you all, I don't have to respond to this crap. Not like I can run again." :)

How many'd like to see President Obama say "Fuck you all, I don't have to respond to this crap. Not like I can run again." :)

That would be excellent.....if he packed up now and went back to his former job (dog catcher) in Chicago, but too many more "vacations" and mooching on our dollars to quit now, though.

If Obama is going to listen to the people who are there fighting an uphill battle and try to figure out what they need then yes, he should go.
If he's just going to pander to his base then no.

I tend to agree, though I phrase it "photo ops", he has no need to pander, will be in office only 2.55 more years. The US does not need more photo ops, of course he knows where the border is, he needs to learn how to work with those who differ, on this issue, vehemently. He Obama needs to get the work done, 2 billion will not cover costs already incurred and repatriation.

Strange how as A Jew you align yourself with the white Christian nativists, did you forget when the Jews showed up he in America ?
We were not considered white and looked down and spit upon by the white Christians
scorned upon and looked upon as foreign rubbish
Our language - alienated them because they couldn't converse with the white christian locals and when conversing among ourselves in Yiddish were ostracized.
values - different to that of the white christian western world
our traditions mocked and demeaned
up until WWII denied employment in industries and company's like NY bell

Just like what is being done now describing others from Central and South America

A rightwing Christian doing, there is no surprise , But someone who is Jewish?? Oy vey!!

How Jews Became White Folks and What That Says About Race in America: Karen Brodkin: 9780813525907: Amazon.com: Books

i think the issue is complicated. right now the bigger problem is mexico letting them through. that said, i'm glad you raised that issue since I seem to recall hearing stories of those same "nativists" turning back boatloads of jews to europe to die. granted, it isn't at that level, but a blanket "send them back" without any further thought?

*shakes head*

I can understand the discussion on documented verses undocumented Immigrants but the tone has been to attack the race of people because of the brownness of their skin, their language and that they carry diseases both documented and undocumented. :dunno:

Hispanic is an ethnic group, not a race, when are you lefties going to figure that out.

Forum List

Back