🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Should people without kids pay more in Taxes?

The question here is whether or not people with kids should get extra breaks at the expense of people without kids. Should people without kids PAY MORE. .

If I can take a deduction for buying and using my computer for work and you can't, have I then made you "pay more"?

I would repeal the tax deduction for anything beyond two children. My position is: I don't care how many children you have - but I will only agree to subsidize two.

Is that because you want the nation's population to decline, or because you want to increase immigration?

Are you one of those lefties who considers an across-the-board tax cut to be "giving money to the rich" or "stealing" from those who pay nothing in income tax anyway? You one of those nuts?

Not at all. Taking less of someone's shit doesn't necessarily constitute giving them anything..

Then what's all the "don't take my money to raise your kids!" bullshit on this thread?

Because the thread is asking if people without kids should pay more. Are you that dense?

The question here is whether or not people with kids should get extra breaks at the expense of people without kids. Should people without kids PAY MORE. .

If I can take a deduction for buying and using my computer for work and you can't, have I then made you "pay more"?

This isn't at all the same. If the computer was a valid work expense, then it factors into your overall profit. Being that the taxes in question are based primarily in income and the cost of that computer is a direct factor in your income, then this is pretty logical.

Your child is not a work expense. Your child is something you choose or choose not to have. IT isn't a factor in your bottom line, it's one of the things you choose to spend your bottom line -on-

Last edited:
I would repeal the tax deduction for anything beyond two children. My position is: I don't care how many children you have - but I will only agree to subsidize two.

Is that because you want the nation's population to decline, or because you want to increase immigration?

Lol. The only people that are going to stop having kids if the tax incentives get pulled are people who have kids to get extra money.

Those people are highly unlikely to raise children who will contribute to our economy. Hate to break it to you, but traditionally, leeches beget leeches. Apples really don't fall that far from their trees.

Your entire argument presupposes that society might die off if government stops incentivizing unprotected sex. This is -HOLY SHIT- not the case.

Not at all. Taking less of someone's shit doesn't necessarily constitute giving them anything..

Then what's all the "don't take my money to raise your kids!" bullshit on this thread?

Because the thread is asking if people without kids should pay more. Are you that dense?

But it's not about them paying more, it's about people who incur a very large expense that serves an invaluable function in society having a little LESS taken from them.

Your entire argument presupposes that society might die off if government stops incentivizing unprotected sex. This is -HOLY SHIT- not the case.

His argument presupposes that government should have the power to tell people to have children, and to punish them with higher taxes if they refuse. The sad thing is, as bizarre as it looks when examined closely, it's largely accepted as the status quo by voters.

This isn't at all the same. -

Yes or no, please.

Yes, let's not get into any actual details - like the definition of net income. That would be 'inconvenient' to your idiotic argument. The money spent raising children isn't a cost associated with earning an income and there's no reason, other than government's zeal for social engineering, do allow a deduction for those costs.

Lol. The only people that are going to stop having kids if the tax incentives get pulled are people who have kids to get extra money.

People are already having fewer kids. The fertility rate in this country has been falling for some time. We passed the replacement rate a while ago. Only immigration keeps us at about even for now.

His argument presupposes that government should have the power to tell people to have children, and to punish them with higher taxes if they refuse.

No, that is not my "argument." Ask your straw man to stop doing you from behind so hard. It's rattling your little brain.

Ame®icano;8955645 said:
I don't think they pay less. People with no kids don't get child tax credit. They pay school taxes without having kids in schools.

So please explain how do they pay less into system.

The tax credit is nowhere near as much as the cost of responsibly raising a child which, as we have established, benefits all of society in an absolutely indispensable way.

Absolutely correct. Parents buy stuff for the children which in turn creates jobs. Without jobs created by procreation, our economy would be in the dumpster.

Dual income no kid couples make more on average, live in nicer houses and add much more to the tax base and are less likely to be dependent in government programs.

And btw IMO ALL kids are brats not just yours so you see it's nothing personal.

And in my opinion most people are assholes, but if I direct that comment at your family specifically I am stepping over a line a decent person wouldn't. So don't.

Go ahead and see if I give a flying fuck. You see i am intelligent enough to realize that insults on an anonymous message board are absolutely meaningless I'm also smart enough to be able to quote more than one sentence fragment at a time.

Also irrelevant. It is essential to the perpetuation of society in any case.

Yes Junior we had you because the government needs tax payers.

Maybe hearing that your whole life has twisted you into the trembling insecure mass of jelly that you are today.

There's another straw man, since I never said that I ever heard that. And of course I didn't hear or say that. You boys are getting desperate...

Go pump out another little taxpayer and do your part since that's about all you can do.

The tax credit is nowhere near as much as the cost of responsibly raising a child which, as we have established, benefits all of society in an absolutely indispensable way.

Absolutely correct. Parents buy stuff for the children which in turn creates jobs. Without jobs created by procreation, our economy would be in the dumpster.

Dual income no kid couples make more on average, live in nicer houses and add much more to the tax base and are less likely to be dependent in government programs.

Income or disposable income?

Forum List

Back