Should Senate impeachment trial allow witnesses?

Any American that puts up with the orange ass hole are they themselves assholes and don'r deserve to call themselves Americans

All people accused of non crimes are considered innocent.

It's the prosecution's duty to present a prima facia case before impeachment.

They couldn't.

There is currently not a single witness or piece of evidence challenging the transcript that exonerates Trump.

No. It;s the prosecution's duty to present their case at trial. I wonder if John Roberts will be willing to preside over an obviously unfair trial, as McConnell proposes. If he does, he will have thrown away any integrity he might have had.

Except the rules are determined by the Senate. If Roberts doesn't like something and rules against it, a simple majority vote overrules him!

And that is why I wonder if Roberts has enough integrity to refuse to take part in such a sham trial. Impartial justice is the foundation of our justice system. Anything less is unethical and unacceptable. We have a right to demand that the chief justice of the SC abstains from such. If he participates under those circumstances, he declares Trump to be a dictator, and Roberts is his subject.

Sham? Unlike the Dems, the Senate Republicans would be following the rules.

When the jury declares the defendant innocent before the trial begins, that is a sham.

Democrats did. He is ranked as one of the 5 greatest DemTard Pedos of all time.

Sham? Unlike the Dems, the Senate Republicans would be following the rules.

When the jury declares the defendant innocent before the trial begins, that is a sham.

Do you mean exactly like the Democrats did on January 20, 2017?

You have a serious problem with projection.

Link to 01-20-2017 court case?

Dumbass! Dems wanted him impeached day one!

If you don't know that you are too stupid to carry on a conversation.

Catch a clue!

You think the fact that people despise that orange turd is justification for his behavior? That's nuts. People didn't like Jeffrey Dahmer either, but that didn't make his actions acceptable.

I’m not the one on here in a panic and being on the defensive like you were just handed a massive defeat.

The same defeat you will feel November 2020.

You dummies were so full of hate and rage, that you never thought a single one of your scams through, and now reality is setting in and you want to rig a game you don’t have control of this time.

Sucks to be you & your juvenile insults neither bother me, nor entertain me but are just more evidence of your desperation.

Nobody even watched or talked about The debates.

Not even your own people.

Good luck with that.
Get used to putting up with The Orange Asshole for 5 more years Asshole, and we already know you aren’t an American.

Any American that puts up with the orange ass hole are they themselves assholes and don'r deserve to call themselves Americans
Tree ?? I piss on trees

The Senate review of The House so called evidence or lack of does not require witnesses.

https://www.vocabulary.com/dictionary/acquit

If you're accused of a crime, then the best thing that can happen to you is being acquitted — that means you were cleared or exonerated of the charges. A defense lawyer wants to have his client acquitted.

Acquitting can mean how you behave, conduct, or carry yourself. If you acquit yourself like a champion, then you're acting like a champion.

No witnesses...no real trial...and no exoneration

Tree whether he gets 4 more or not, Trump is garbage, the worst POS ever to enter our WH and you and others who support this FN bastard are are no better than the thrice married cheating on them all CSucker in our wh now

Moscow Mitch has STATED that the trial will be a predetermined outcome with no witnesses and no evidence.

Nothing that comes out of that can be called exoneration

There must be witnesses! Senate Republicans should be concerned about fairness - especially since about 22 of them are up for re-election in 2020.

80293275_2714296635280676_218956157144793088_n.jpg

How can the prosecution or defense present their cases without witnesses?
It's the prosecution's duty to present a prima facia case before impeachment.

They couldn't.

There is currently not a single witness or piece of evidence challenging the transcript that exonerates Trump.

No. It;s the prosecution's duty to present their case at trial. I wonder if John Roberts will be willing to preside over an obviously unfair trial, as McConnell proposes. If he does, he will have thrown away any integrity he might have had.

Except the rules are determined by the Senate. If Roberts doesn't like something and rules against it, a simple majority vote overrules him!

And that is why I wonder if Roberts has enough integrity to refuse to take part in such a sham trial. Impartial justice is the foundation of our justice system. Anything less is unethical and unacceptable. We have a right to demand that the chief justice of the SC abstains from such. If he participates under those circumstances, he declares Trump to be a dictator, and Roberts is his subject.

Hysteria reigns.

No witnesses...no real trial...and no exoneration

We see you setting the stage and broadcasting your intentions. You will run around for years yelling that Trump was never exonerated, but you have to face the reality that the exoneration is as real as the impeachment.

Moscow Mitch has STATED that the trial will be a predetermined outcome with no witnesses and no evidence.

It's as real as the impeachment. You know, this sounds a lot like those who have warbled for the last three years that Trump isn't the real president. Kind of funny when you think about it.

We see you setting the stage and broadcasting your intentions.
Hopefully, I don't have to point out the irony of that comment given McTreason telegraphing his intention to allow the WH to control what happens during the Senate proceeding.

We see you setting the stage and broadcasting your intentions.
Hopefully, I don't have to point out the irony of that comment given McTreason telegraphing his intention to allow the WH to control what happens during the Senate proceeding.

Not ironic at all, given that they are different scenarios entirely. One is a politician announcing that the impeachment case is so weak there's really no need to take it seriously and the other is a poster setting up excuses to feel better when the inevitable acquittal happens.

Bears repeating

Forum List

Back