Should the poor be required to pay taxes to the IRS?

While there's still plenty of opportunities in America,immigrants have stolen the character building jobs from my youth.
Mowing grass used to be a school kids summer job just like fast food work.
Now those positions are held by immigrants and our kids are left out in the cold when it comes to getting valuable job experience.

So in essence we have a government throwing away our childrens future for votes and cheap labor.
That's hilarious. There are a lot of white American teens in my area and NONE of them have ever knocked on my door to ask if they can cut my grass.

They are spoiled and too busy texting each other.

Don't be blaming Mexicans for the laziness of the modern American teenager, dick.

Black teenage unemployment is over 50%. According to your theory then who are the laziest?

are you a racist g5000?

Without getting it all back via carve outs & loop holes? Should they pay their fair share?

Everyone who works pays Federal taxes, no exceptions even for the poor.

But interesting how you attack the poor demanding that they pay their "fair share" while ignoring the wealthy who are paying far less than their "fair share".
It has been proven time and time again that the wealthy pay more than their fair share.

If the wealthy were paying their fair share there would be no deficit and no national debt so obviously it hasn't been proven.
Moron alert

How about we don't spend what we don't have?

Why do you want America to become a 3rd world nation?

oh no!! WTF?'
'
DID A LEFTARD JUST SAY THIS???

REALLY?

who wants America to become a 3rd world nation?

lmao!

Without getting it all back via carve outs & loop holes? Should they pay their fair share?

But interesting how you attack the poor demanding that they pay their "fair share" while ignoring the wealthy who are paying far less than their "fair share".
It has been proven time and time again that the wealthy pay more than their fair share.

If the wealthy were paying their fair share there would be no deficit and no national debt so obviously it hasn't been proven.
Moron alert

How about we don't spend what we don't have?

Why do you want America to become a 3rd world nation?
Yet another asinine post

"...immigrants have stolen the character building jobs from my youth." [Emphasis Added] ~~HereWeGoAgain - Post #153~~

Were some of your ancestors immigrants, or are they all First People?

"Mowing grass used to be a school kids summer job just like fast food work." [Emphasis Added] ~Ibid~

Still could be if they put down their gadgets and got off their collective lazy butts and challenged the status quo, the dire result you "address" could be altered! Maybe the issue is faulty parenting and/or deficient parental examples!

"Now those positions are held by immigrants and our kids are left out in the cold when it comes to getting valuable job experience." [Emphasis Added] ~Ibid~

Gosh, American youth ran up against strong competition and couldn't cut it maybe; quitters! Maybe the issue is faulty parenting and/or deficient parental examples, again!

"So in essence we have a government throwing away our childrens future for votes and cheap labor. [Emphasis Added] ~Ibid~

So you go from "character building jobs" and "valuable job experience" being stolen by immigrants from lazy, pampered American kids who were taught by their parental units to be ENTITLED by birthright and be handed everything on a platter SIMPLY because they're the spawn of WASPS! And the whole problem is the guv'ment seeking a vote advantage and cheap labor for their corporate benefactors? Do I have that about right HWGA?

OH THE FUCKING HUMANITY! OUR POOR, POOR YOUTS!

So you expect our children to compete with adult illegals and immigrants for jobs?
What about the elderly who used to work fast food to supplement their retirement?
Fuck them to huh?
You're a real piece of shit.

Now your throwing undocumented immigrants into the mix? Hey, talk to your State legislators and ask them why they have not passed a form of e-verify in your State along with stiff fines and prison time for employers who knowingly hire undocumented workers . It's because the big employers don't want to pay higher wages, and your legislature is in their pockets for campaign contrbutions!

Where is your proof of this new displacement. I don't see any you have posted. You claim it and it's magically a truism? And would you have kids skip school to hold a steady job rather than get educated? I'm sure you're really concerned about the elderly, too, with all that great concern for their welfare.

You're all hat and no cattle, Tex!

Are you for or against amnesty and illegals in general?
And whens the last time you saw a kid mowing grass? Take a look at the protesters out in front of the shit shacks demanding 15 bucks an hour..immigrants.
You are so ill informed it's impossible to converse with you.

Amnesty vis-à-vis undocumented immigrants is another issue...stay the fuck on topic if you can concentrate that long. Naturally, I'm against illegal immigration, but once they are here, it's up to us and guv'ment to discourage them and others by removing their incentives to come here and the others who would be inclined to also. Simple thing to do but the pols don't want to upset the one they are beholden to get their corrupt panties in a bunch.

Hmmmm...the last time I saw a kid mowing was back about 7 years ago when the lad that I had do my mowing on my Wash. farm was atop my John Deere pulling my haybine around one of my fallow pastures at second cutting! He did the raking and bailing too! Now I'm down in AZ and around Phoenix the yards are mostly desert scape. Anyway, a WASP teen would never want to work in 100 deg + temps very damn long. They're soft whiners for the most part!

Actually, I'm considered to be very well informed among my peers and others of my acquaintance. You see, I only wear ball caps now and I've sold all our cattle and our farm, being retired now.

Have you been able to get out of that gas station job yet? An education would help, ya know! Take care, Tex!

I retired at 46 four years ago.
Theres nothing a farmer can teach me,trust me on that.
46 years ago?.....how old are you?....

EVERYONE should pay taxes, every single U.S. citizen, no exceptions. But, everyone should pay at the same tax rate. If the tax rate is 15% of income, then everyone should pay 15%.
If you think the working poor could afford that you are dreaming. States are already squeezing them for all they are worth.
Do the working poor, or even the non-working poor, use our roads? Do they use our governmental services? Do they use contribute to infrastructure deterioration?

have you ever gone to a public housing project? i have, even lived in one.

the people in the place i was in werent even required to recycle; all their trash went into the dumpser outside the building; ....that is if they bothered to throw it hard enough where it didnt hit the side of the dumpster and spill all over the place...........................and every day CITY WORKERS would come behind the welfare recipients and working poor and clean up behind them. a Progressive paradise, useless jobs and welfare pandering and dependency

That is false. Ever hear of the Earned Income Tax Credit? Millions of people get back more in their refund, sometimes substantially more, than they paid into the system every year.

That doesn't mean that they haven't paid Federal taxes. You need to be working and have taxable income in order to be eligible for the EITC.

And can you please provide a :link: for these "Millions of people get back more in their refund, sometimes substantially more, than they paid into the system every year."?

TYIA

Not everyone pays federal taxes and taxable income is not necessary to receive the Earned Income Tax Credit (EITC). I once worked for the IRS and I will explain how this happens with a simple example.

In 2014, a woman who filed as Head Of Household (HOH) with 3 children was entitled to a standard deduction of $9,100. Plus she was also entitled to a $3,950 exemption for herself and for each of her children for a total exemption of $15,800. Her standard deduction plus her exemptions totaled $24,900. Her taxable income was determined by subtracting this total from her Adjusted Gross Income (AGI); therefore, if her AGI was $24,900 or less she owed no taxes. All taxes withheld by her employer were refunded to her when she filed her return.

But there's more: Based upon her earnings of $24,900, she was also entitled to an EITC of $4,648. The EIC is a refundable credit which means this amount was added to her refund check.

As you can see, some people do not pay taxes. Plus taxable income is not necessary to receive the EITC. The EITC is not based upon taxable income but rather total EARNED income (some types of income, such as investment income, are not counted).

(NOTE: The IRS offers another refundable credit, the Additional Child Tax Credit but I'll save explaining that one for another time.)

Below are links to the 2014 Form 1040 and the 2014 EIC tables

http://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/f1040.pdf

http://apps.irs.gov/app/vita/content/globalmedia/earned_income_credit_table_1040i.pdf

I'm convinced that many like Derideo are well aware that low earners not only pay no fed income tax but are rewarded for their lack of income with "free" money. Of course, a single mom with 2 kids working 2 jobs and earning $45,000 was taxed to help pay for the "less fortunate."

That is false. Ever hear of the Earned Income Tax Credit? Millions of people get back more in their refund, sometimes substantially more, than they paid into the system every year.

That doesn't mean that they haven't paid Federal taxes. You need to be working and have taxable income in order to be eligible for the EITC.

And can you please provide a :link: for these "Millions of people get back more in their refund, sometimes substantially more, than they paid into the system every year."?

TYIA

Not everyone pays federal taxes and taxable income is not necessary to receive the Earned Income Tax Credit (EITC). I once worked for the IRS and I will explain how this happens with a simple example.

In 2014, a woman who filed as Head Of Household (HOH) with 3 children was entitled to a standard deduction of $9,100. Plus she was also entitled to a $3,950 exemption for herself and for each of her children for a total exemption of $15,800. Her standard deduction plus her exemptions totaled $24,900. Her taxable income was determined by subtracting this total from her Adjusted Gross Income (AGI); therefore, if her AGI was $24,900 or less she owed no taxes. All taxes withheld by her employer were refunded to her when she filed her return.

But there's more: Based upon her earnings of $24,900, she was also entitled to an EITC of $4,648. The EIC is a refundable credit which means this amount was added to her refund check.

As you can see, some people do not pay taxes. Plus taxable income is not necessary to receive the EITC. The EITC is not based upon taxable income but rather total EARNED income (some types of income, such as investment income, are not counted).

(NOTE: The IRS offers another refundable credit, the Additional Child Tax Credit but I'll save explaining that one for another time.)

http://apps.irs.gov/app/vita/content/globalmedia/earned_income_credit_table_1040i.pdf

^^^^^ thank-you!
it's hilarious; many just come on here and spew talking points they were spoon-fed, most of the ones doing that are left-wingers. the worse part is they spew the talking points in defense of the poor people they pander to, and they often dont even know what they are talking about.

Again, I suspect many of the lefties you describe are well aware of those who game the system to avoid the responsibility not only to carry their own load but to help pay for those who genuinely need help. I think despite all their bleeding heart braying lefties just don't care.

That's the problem right there. You have no concept of how much debt we are in and certainly no concept of how much money our wealthy have. If we took every last nickel and dime from those wealthy people, it would hardly make a dent in our national debt.

Im not sure if this was addressed....but if you DONT believe in abolishing welfare altogether....

Then the "poor" however we are defining them paying taxes is a bit redundant.

Gimme money so i can gibb yeww money....mmm hay good job!

That's the problem right there. You have no concept of how much debt we are in and certainly no concept of how much money our wealthy have. If we took every last nickel and dime from those wealthy people, it would hardly make a dent in our national debt.

The top 1% own 50% of the world's wealth.

If you believe that is less than $18 trillion then you should ask for a refund for being home schooled.

If you believe that is less than $18 trillion then you should ask for a refund for being home schooled.

Maybe you should try home schooling instead of putting it down:

APR 3, 2012 @ 2:39 PM 34,031 VIEWS
John Stossel: Tax The Rich? The Rich Don't Have Enough. Really.

Progressives say, if you’re so worried about the deficit, raise taxes! There are lots of rich people around, squandering money. On my show, David Callahan of the group Demos put it this way: “Wealthy Americans who have done so well in the past decade should help get us out.”

But it’s a fantasy to imagine that raising taxes on the rich will solve our deficit problem. If the IRS grabbed 100 percent of income over $1 million, the take would be just $616 billion. That’s only a third of this year’s deficit. Our national debt would continue to explode.

John Stossel Tax The Rich The Rich Don t Have Enough. Really.

While there's still plenty of opportunities in America,immigrants have stolen the character building jobs from my youth.
Now those positions are held by immigrants and our kids are left out in the cold when it comes to getting valuable job experience.

So in essence we have a government throwing away our childrens future for votes and cheap labor.
That's hilarious. There are a lot of white American teens in my area and NONE of them have ever knocked on my door to ask if they can cut my grass.

Don't be blaming Mexicans for the laziness of the modern American teenager, dick.

You arrogant SOB. You want to blame our kids while you spend money that they are going to have to pay after you assume room temperature for your vision of Shang-Ri-La. You have already helped run them 17 trillion into debt, but you and your ilk being geniuses want to drive them further in the hole. What do you care if OUR children have to pay 60 or 70% tax rates because you wanted to do NOTHING but whine like a pantywaist.

We hard working Americans sent our kids to college; and yes some of us ACTUALLY paid for it so they could have a better life. Some kids took out loans to give themselves a better life, and all you want to do is give them all ruin so you and your phoney baloney pointy heads can win elections by giving free stuff away.

If you offered any person in poverty a pass to this country, and told them all they had to pay was 10% of their earnings in federal income tax along with maybe 8% (that high in mostly LEFTY STATES, red states are usually lower) they would jump at it.

So what do lefties do? They don't make it about what THEY PAY, they instead make it about what someone else pays! It is not about if someone is getting a good deal, it is rather about is someone getting a BETTER deal, so lets screw them. And yet, you never tell them that the top 20% of income earners pay over 80% of the taxes, now do you! No, that will never do, because it just doesn't fit the lefty narrative, now does it!

You also never tell them that if we listen to you clowns, EVERYBODY is going to be paying 60, 70, or 80% to keep your ridiculous ideas going, or even to support the insane ideas you already have in place. Is there any wonder that people with money and businesses are fleeing?

This is the America you want to leave to our progeny? What the hell is wrong with you!!!!!!!

Progressives say, if you’re so worried about the deficit, raise taxes! There are lots of rich people around, squandering money. On my show, David Callahan of the group Demos put it this way: “Wealthy Americans who have done so well in the past decade should help get us out.”

But it’s a fantasy to imagine that raising taxes on the rich will solve our deficit problem. If the IRS grabbed 100 percent of income over $1 million, the take would be just $616 billion. That’s only a third of this year’s deficit. Our national debt would continue to explode.

Your ignorance is palpable!

CBO lowers deficit projection for 2015 TheHill

The budget deficit for 2015 is expected to drop to roughly $425 billion, according to a report released Friday by the nonpartisan Congressional Budget Office (CBO).

For the math challenged home schooled 425 is a smaller number than 616.

Next time check the date on your source and the current figures so you don't make a fool of yourself.

...You have no concept of how much debt we are in and certainly no concept of how much money our wealthy have. If we took every last nickel and dime from those wealthy people, it would hardly make a dent in our national debt.
The top 1% own 50% of the world's wealth...

So you're not satisfied with having the top 25% of all American earners carry 86% of the total fed tax burden but would confiscate their wealth to pay for your "Worker's Paradise." Yeah, we've all seen how well that works. There is no more sure road to economic ruin (see: Greece) than electing gov'ts who promise a "free" lunch.

Ineptocracy - a system of government where the least capable to lead are elected by the least capable of producing and where the members of society least likely to sustain themselves or even try are rewarded - in exchange for their votes - with goods and services paid for by the confiscated wealth of a diminishing number of producers.
:lmao:

Last edited:

The budget deficit for 2015 is expected to drop to roughly $425 billion, according to a report released Friday by the nonpartisan Congressional Budget Office (CBO).

Next time check the date on your source and the current figures so you don't make a fool of yourself.

Hey incompetent, arrogant one! Since you want to take figures from the CBO, tell everyone when the deficit begins to rise again. Tell all the people when S.S. disability goes broke too! How about their projections on what Obysmalcare will cost in 5 years?

If your guys are soooooooo damn smart, why didn't they fix entitlement programs before they created a new one? We already have with unfunded liabilities, 216 trillion dollars in debt. That is MORE money than there is the WORLD, globe if you are a green lib. Who is going to pay it hero? Not you; our children are drowning in debt that people like you want to add more to, and they can't even vote to STOP you!

If you are an American, you SIR/MAAM are an embarrassment. No parent throws their child under the bus like you want to; but then I forgot, you are for abortion on demand also, and sell their body parts to the highest bidders. Why am I not surprised! I now understand why you care less what we leave our progeny; it is all about you! Selfish liberal, screw everyones kids, let illegals take their jobs, make the kids pay 70 or 80% tax rate= liberal Shang-Ri-LA. Pathetic, absolutely PATHETIC.

Last edited:

A fool of myself? I just made a fool of you showing the failure of public school people. Here is what I said, now read it slowly so that even you can understand:

That's the problem right there. You have no concept of how much debt we are in and certainly no concept of how much money our wealthy have. If we took every last nickel and dime from those wealthy people, it would hardly make a dent in our national debt.[/QUOTE]

Now...... if you don't understand the difference between the national debt and the deficit, just ask any one of us conservatives to explain it to you. We don't mind. It's what's called Compassionate Conservatism.

TYIA

Getting a refund means that she paid Federal taxes because they were deducted from her paycheck and sent to the IRS.

TYIA

Getting a refund means that she paid Federal taxes because they were deducted from her paycheck and sent to the IRS.

There is something wrong with you. You have no concept of the federal tax system and you are incapable of logical thought. You think the woman paid taxes even though all the money her employer withheld was returned to her by the IRS? WTF?

Let me break it down to your level. She didn't give a penny to the U.S. Government. She didn't pay anyone anything. The money that her employer withheld from her paycheck is sent right back to her for her to spend as she pleases. If the employer withheld $2,000 and the IRS gives it all right back to her, how much did she spend? Nothing! Well actually she did spend $2,000 but not in taxes! At this point I think it is entirely appropriate to add: Duh!!

Another example. You go to a store and buy a refrigerator for $3,000. When it was delivered you noticed a few scratches on the door. You complained to the company and to make you happy they returned $1,000. Now, how much did you pay for the refrigerator? According to your faulty logic you paid $3,000 but in the real world – where most of us live - you paid only $2,000.

I have come to the conclusion that you are far too ignorant for me to have a reasonable discussion with you. You and the fool who thanked your post are truly pathetic. You don't even know the difference between paying taxes (giving money to the IRS that you don't get back) and simply having taxes withheld from your paycheck until it can be determined by the IRS how much taxes you actually must pay.

You had a chance to learn something from someone who knows a lot more about the IRS than you do but you let it pass you by. Now I am done with you and this thread. If you have a question about taxes, ask the person who thanked your post. You're two of a kind.

So you expect our children to compete with adult illegals and immigrants for jobs?
What about the elderly who used to work fast food to supplement their retirement?
Fuck them to huh?
You're a real piece of shit.

Now your throwing undocumented immigrants into the mix? Hey, talk to your State legislators and ask them why they have not passed a form of e-verify in your State along with stiff fines and prison time for employers who knowingly hire undocumented workers . It's because the big employers don't want to pay higher wages, and your legislature is in their pockets for campaign contrbutions!

Where is your proof of this new displacement. I don't see any you have posted. You claim it and it's magically a truism? And would you have kids skip school to hold a steady job rather than get educated? I'm sure you're really concerned about the elderly, too, with all that great concern for their welfare.

You're all hat and no cattle, Tex!

Are you for or against amnesty and illegals in general?
And whens the last time you saw a kid mowing grass? Take a look at the protesters out in front of the shit shacks demanding 15 bucks an hour..immigrants.
You are so ill informed it's impossible to converse with you.

Amnesty vis-à-vis undocumented immigrants is another issue...stay the fuck on topic if you can concentrate that long. Naturally, I'm against illegal immigration, but once they are here, it's up to us and guv'ment to discourage them and others by removing their incentives to come here and the others who would be inclined to also. Simple thing to do but the pols don't want to upset the one they are beholden to get their corrupt panties in a bunch.

Hmmmm...the last time I saw a kid mowing was back about 7 years ago when the lad that I had do my mowing on my Wash. farm was atop my John Deere pulling my haybine around one of my fallow pastures at second cutting! He did the raking and bailing too! Now I'm down in AZ and around Phoenix the yards are mostly desert scape. Anyway, a WASP teen would never want to work in 100 deg + temps very damn long. They're soft whiners for the most part!

Actually, I'm considered to be very well informed among my peers and others of my acquaintance. You see, I only wear ball caps now and I've sold all our cattle and our farm, being retired now.

Have you been able to get out of that gas station job yet? An education would help, ya know! Take care, Tex!

I retired at 46 four years ago.
Theres nothing a farmer can teach me,trust me on that.

That means HWGA is on disability. lol

Thats a democrat thing...
You'll never see me on any kind of government assistance.

Maybe if we stopped rewarding failure our kids would be a little less lazy and they wouldnt have this entitlement problem.

And when a kid grows up watching other kids mow grass for money?
They'll do the same.
Grow up watching mexicans mow grass? Thats just the way it is.

Forum List

Back