Should the United States go back to a top federal tax rate of 70%?

Should the United States go back to a top federal tax rate of 70%?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
40 trillion my butt. What the hell are you talkin about, single payer? LOL

Your ignorance about your own idols and programs is not surprising.

The $40 trillion question Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez couldn't answer

Analysis by Chris Cillizza, CNN Editor-at-large
Updated 12:24 PM ET, Tue September 18, 2018
[...]
According to nonpartisan and left-leaning studies friendly to your cause, including the Center on Budget and Policy Priorities or the Tax Policy Center, the overall price tag is more than $40 trillion in the next decade.

You recently said in an interview that increasing taxes on the very wealthy, plus an increased corporate tax rate, would make $2 trillion over the next 10 years.

So, where is the other $38 trillion going to come from?
[...]

The $40 trillion question Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez couldn't answer - CNNPolitics

The $40 trillion question Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez couldn't answer..

Funny how $Trillions for the MIC, tax cuts for the rich or bailing out too big to jail fail banks never seem to be a problem but when it's about programs for 'ordinary' people it's suddenly unaffordable..

:coffee:

• Thanks
Reactions: IM2
I would like to know which members of the USMB here warm over $10 million a year.

The income above 10 million will be taxed at 70%.

Please vote in my poll.
Why do you care?

Does looting suddenly become a moral act because you limit your plunder to the really, really, really rich part of town?

By Christian ethics the answer is yes.

Well that's interesting, at what point does stealing become an immoral act? I'm pretty sure that by Christian ethics, stealing is immoral no matter who the victim is.

Taxes are constitutionally legal.

I would like to know which members of the USMB here warm over $10 million a year.

Please vote in my poll.
Why do you care?

Does looting suddenly become a moral act because you limit your plunder to the really, really, really rich part of town?

By Christian ethics the answer is yes.

Absolutely false. The Bible uniformly presented over-taxation as sinful. Moreover theft is always sinful, aka, "looting".

They say unto him, Caesar's. Then saith he unto them, Render therefore unto Caesar the things which are Caesar's; and unto God the things that are God's. Matthew 22:21

Charge them that are rich in this world, that they be not highminded, nor trust in uncertain riches, but in the living God, who giveth us richly all things to enjoy; That they do good, that they be rich in good works, ready to distribute, willing to communicate; Laying up in store for themselves a good foundation against the time to come, that they may lay hold on eternal life. 1 Timothy 6:17-19

And thou shalt not glean thy vineyard, neither shalt thou gather every grape of thy vineyard; thou shalt leave them for the poor and stranger: I am the Lordyour God. Leviticus 19:10

Not a single one of those verses say it's okay for the rich to have their wealth "looted", let alone by the gov't. You have any verses that say that?

Hint: Anglo Saxons were Germanic pagans before they were Christians.

The United States was founded by the English. England was founded by Germans. Christianity is an African/Middle Eastern religion. It has nothing to so with the way Americans think. The Bible is chock full of left wing principles.

Independence, strength, self reliance and survival are all attributes celebrated in the Germanic/Anglo Saxon tradition. Thousands of years of culture runs through the veins of a large portion of modern Americans. These attributes promote a right wing ideological view of government's role. The Bible was introduced to the pagans. It didn't erase who they are as a people. There is only one verse in the Bible that is ever used by conservatives to promote right wing ideology. However, there are more than one verse in the Bible. The entire section of the prophets tells of God's anger for nations who do not take care of their poor.

Anglo Saxons hi-jacked the Bible. That is the English way. Take, conquer, survive and succeed. Did you know that the English is designed in such a way that you can steal words from other languages? You can tell a lot of people by their language.

Yes. The Bible discourages massive wealth. Yes. The Bible encourages nations to have a welfare system. It is a shame that so many people like to hold Bibles but nobody wants to read one.

I don't easily suffer lying.

Conservatives tend the poor from their own earnings, not by conscripting the gov't to do it.

The Bible does not discourage massive wealth.

The Anglo-Saxons did not "hijack" the Bible. ALL the translations are available now for anyone to read.

The Bible does not encourage NATIONS to have a welfare system, unless you're talking about Israelites or communes of early Christians, and those were settlements of religious believers, not modern diverse nations.

Please vote in my poll.
Only if it is "EARNED" income. Dividend and capital gains wont fall into the earned income part, and most people who make over $10 million get it through options again not getting taxed as earned income. So this is all smoke and mirrors but supposed to make the petulant impoverished welfare queens and queers feel like she is working for them....

My earned income is around 30 thousand dollars a year. I have dividends coming in around $440,000 a year I only am taxed about $22,000 on that dividend income and $6,000 on the earned income.....See the difference?

You have $20+ million in stocks? I highly doubt that.
just got over 11 million and 2 of my stocks pay a dividend over 11%. Doubt all you want, I love it when you do, because you can stay a victim of liberalism and be miserable and poor, you just deserve it...

I'd rather not have 11 million dollars if it meant if I had it, I would wish other people miserable and poor because they deserve it.

Some things aren't worth the money. Actually, a lot of things aren't worth the money, because if you don't know yet--you can't take it with you.

ndependence, strength, self reliance and survival are all attributes celebrated in the Germanic/Anglo Saxon tradition.
Which is why I worship THOR!!!

odeshog-silver.jpg

Valhalla, I am coming!!!
Icondude.gif

Is Thor easy to worship?

Pretty much.

No stupid rules. Murder is legal. Kill your enemies. Die with a sword/gun in your hand. Fight battles over and over in Odin's hall. Fuck. Drink. Feast. Fuck some more.

(Actually, I only say that when I am forced to state a religious affiliation)

I think even the pagans knew it was all a fairy tale to be honest.

I know of no passage in the Bible or anything in the teachings of Jesus that absolves stealing from anybody, and nothing that says it's okay if the victim is a rich person.

Maybe you shouldn't just focus on one passage. Reading the whole thing might bring light on the situation. Lots of people have read the entire Bible.

You've read it many times and yet here you are, misrepresenting. So there's that.

Care to clue in the class, oh great Oracle?

Let every soul be subject unto the higher powers. For there is no power but of God: the powers that be are ordained of God. Whosoever therefore resisteth the power, resisteth the ordinance of God: and they that resist shall receive to themselves damnation. For rulers are not a terror to good works, but to the evil. Wilt thou then not be afraid of the power? do that which is good, and thou shalt have praise of the same: Romans 13:1-3

Doesn't say the state is greater than God; says they're ORDAINED of God. So that was a fail.

Hint: Anglo Saxons were Germanic pagans before they were Christians.

The United States was founded by the English. England was founded by Germans. Christianity is an African/Middle Eastern religion. It has nothing to so with the way Americans think. The Bible is chock full of left wing principles.

Independence, strength, self reliance and survival are all attributes celebrated in the Germanic/Anglo Saxon tradition. Thousands of years of culture runs through the veins of a large portion of modern Americans. These attributes promote a right wing ideological view of government's role. The Bible was introduced to the pagans. It didn't erase who they are as a people. There is only one verse in the Bible that is ever used by conservatives to promote right wing ideology. However, there are more than one verse in the Bible. The entire section of the prophets tells of God's anger for nations who do not take care of their poor.

Anglo Saxons hi-jacked the Bible. That is the English way. Take, conquer, survive and succeed. Did you know that the English is designed in such a way that you can steal words from other languages? You can tell a lot of people by their language.

Yes. The Bible discourages massive wealth. Yes. The Bible encourages nations to have a welfare system. It is a shame that so many people like to hold Bibles but nobody wants to read one.

I don't easily suffer lying.

Conservatives tend the poor from their own earnings, not by conscripting the gov't to do it.

The Bible does not discourage massive wealth.

The Anglo-Saxons did not "hijack" the Bible. ALL the translations are available now for anyone to read.

The Bible does not encourage NATIONS to have a welfare system, unless you're talking about Israelites or communes of early Christians, and those were settlements of religious believers, not modern diverse nations.

You might want to read the bible again.

Sixteenth Amendment to the United States Constitution

The Congress shall have power to lay and collect taxes on incomes, from whatever source derived, without apportionment among the several States, and without regard to any census or enumeration.

Article I, Section 2, Clause 3:

Representatives and direct taxes shall be apportioned among the several States which may be included within this Union, according to their respective Numbers...[1]

Article I, Section 8, Clause 1:

The Congress shall have Power to lay and collect Taxes, Duties, Imposts and Excises, to pay the Debts and provide for the common Defence and general Welfare of the United States; but all Duties, Imposts and Excises shall be uniform throughout the United States.

Article I, Section 9, Clause 4:

No Capitation, or other direct, Tax shall be laid, unless in proportion to the Census or Enumeration herein before directed to be taken.

This clause basically refers to a tax on property, such as a tax based on the value of land,[2] as well as a capitation.

Article I, Section 9, Clause 5:

No Tax or Duty shall be laid on Articles exported from any State.

Please vote in my poll.

My only income is Social Security Retirement called SSR. I make less than 20k per year so Cortez is no threat to me. I invested well and paid all of the taxes on my investments so the IRS is no threat to me.

• Thanks
Reactions: IM2
The right wing doesn't believe our alleged wars on crime, drugs, and terror are really really serious and therefore can indulge Tax Cut economics instead of really really serious Wartime Tax Rates and should be abolished as the lousy right wing management it is.

In consideration of the monstrous sacrifice in property and blood that each war demands of the people, personal enrichment through a war must be designated as a crime against the people. Therefore, we demand the total confiscation of all war profits.

Forum List

Back