Should the United States go back to a top federal tax rate of 70%?

Should the United States go back to a top federal tax rate of 70%?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Sounds good, which country are you moving to?

I don't have to move. I already live in one of those countries. I've retired to a lovely little resort town which has everything I need, and what it doesn't have, I can order online or go to the City to get. Here I can live independently, close to family, do a bit of travelling, and not have to worry about copays I can't afford, filling out medical paperwork and getting pre-approvals.

I can use my savings to travel, or to indulge my hobbies and my grandchildren.

Oh yeah. Weed is legal. I can go to the dispensary and buy the nicest Lemon Kush for $125 an ounce. Life is good.

Great, another foreigner. How about you just STFU and worry about whatever country you're living in.

WE don't have to worry about the country we live in. While we have problems, we have a competent, well run government, and our electorate is smart enough to get rid of the occasional idiot that gets elected. Yes, Doug Ford, we are talking about you.

In the meantime, Ford's party isn't about to let him commit political suicide, like the Republicans are doing with Trump. But smart conservatives are biding their time until he totally fucks up, which will take slightly longer than it did with his dumb ass brother, but they neither Ford brother is anything close to smart.

You have a competent, well run government that relies heavily on the U.S.

Wrong again. Our government relies on the US for NOTHING, and we're never disappointed. We buy a lot of stuff from you, but we do have other market sources, as I have noted since we stopped buying American in the wake of Trump's tariffs. We'll stop boycotting your products when Trump scraps the tariff on the steel produced in Canada, by companies owned by Americans.
Well where the heck is that? Portugal? Canada?

I don't have to move. I already live in one of those countries. I've retired to a lovely little resort town which has everything I need, and what it doesn't have, I can order online or go to the City to get. Here I can live independently, close to family, do a bit of travelling, and not have to worry about copays I can't afford, filling out medical paperwork and getting pre-approvals.

Oh yeah. Weed is legal. I can go to the dispensary and buy the nicest Lemon Kush for $125 an ounce. Life is good.

Great, another foreigner. How about you just STFU and worry about whatever country you're living in.

WE don't have to worry about the country we live in. While we have problems, we have a competent, well run government, and our electorate is smart enough to get rid of the occasional idiot that gets elected. Yes, Doug Ford, we are talking about you.

In the meantime, Ford's party isn't about to let him commit political suicide, like the Republicans are doing with Trump. But smart conservatives are biding their time until he totally fucks up, which will take slightly longer than it did with his dumb ass brother, but they neither Ford brother is anything close to smart.

Wrong again. Our government relies on the US for NOTHING, and we're never disappointed. We buy a lot of stuff from you, but we do have other market sources, as I have noted since we stopped buying American in the wake of Trump's tariffs. We'll stop boycotting your products when Trump scraps the tariff on the steel produced in Canada, by companies owned by Americans.

She's in Canada...looking out for your best interests.

I'm more successful country than we are, after 35 years of giveaway to the rich by the GOP, not to mention your ridiculous propaganda, super duper. I'm 50 miles from Canada and love it. But I can't move there.

I'm more successful country than we are, after 35 years of giveaway to the rich by the GOP, not to mention your ridiculous propaganda, super duper. I'm 50 miles from Canada and love it. But I can't move there.
I'm more successful country than we are...WTF?

He does shots of vodka with Hillary on Fridays.

A more successful countries and we are. Stupid phone LOL

Stupid phone actually. And I'm busy LOL

Would members of the board be affected if President Trump cut taxes in a "70% marginal tax rate plan"?

Sounds good, which country are you moving to?

You still import more products from the United States than all other countries combined by two and a half times. You import more than you export. Your imports from the US In 2018 are up over 2017 by 5%. Your boycott pretty much sucks. Also, malls near the Canadian border do very well here in the United States.

You still import more products from the United States than all other countries combined by two and a half times. You import more than you export. Your imports from the US In 2018 are up over 2017 by 5%. Your boycott pretty much sucks. Also, malls near the Canadian border do very well here in the United States.

Canada sells more manufactured products to the US than it imports. Canada buys more cross border services than it exports, but the US sells more good to Canada than any other country. We are each the other's #1 trading partner.

As for the malls near the Canadian border - they're not doing well at all. With the Canadian dollar only worth about 70 cents US, all the people who used to shop in the US don't do that now. We live about an half hour's drive from the border. My daughter used to do all of her grocery shopping at Trader Joe's in Buffalo, because with a family of 7 to feed, groceries were about $200 a week cheaper in the US, plus filling her gas tank in her minivan was a lot cheaper. Now it's cheaper to shop in Canada, after allowing for the exchange rate.

Last edited:
from Politico:

"Some lawmakers with ties to Ocasio-Cortez are hoping to coax her into using her star power to unite Democrats and turn her fire on Republicans. Others simultaneously warn Ocasio-Cortez is destined for a lonely, ineffectual career in Congress if she continues to treat her own party as the enemy.

“I’m sure Ms. Cortez means well, but there’s almost an outstanding rule: Don’t attack your own people,” said Rep. Emanuel Cleaver (D-Mo.). “We just don’t need sniping in our Democratic Caucus.”

Maybe she’s the uncle you didn’t want to invite to the wedding, but Ocasio-Cortez is part of the Democrat family

i advise they get used to her in the Democrat caucus!

I am NOT the CEO of some GIANT, cock sucking, conglomerate so, NO; I don't earn enuff ca$h to buy my way into Hell.

I vote NO.

Addressing climate change is a national security issue, but renewable energy is also a jobs issue, a health issue and a pocketbook issue for each American family.

throw in the trash the 44 separate energy tax breaks, anchored by advantages for big oil companies that get billions of dollars in beneficial tax treatment.

Four of the largest oil companies expect to rake in nearly $15 billion in benefits from Trump’s corporate tax cuts.

my friends, IT'S IMMORAL!

Stupid phone actually. And I'm busy LOL

Can you try speaking English former teacher?

Forum List

Back