🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Should US oil cpompanies who sell their oil outside of the US lose their subsidies?

Obama ran saying “Energy prices must necessarily rise”. Biden ran saying “It’s time to reign in the oil companies”.
Clearly you are taking those incomplete sentence out of the context with which they were uttered...natch.
Clearly, the Democrat Party does not push policy friendly to oil companies.
The resulting increase of over 4 mbd in production while Obama was President doesn't bear that out. Neither does the almost 1 mbd increase in production under Biden.

Clearly you are taking those incomplete sentence out of the context with which they were uttered...natch.

The resulting increase of over 4 mbd in production while Obama was President doesn't bear that out. Neither does the almost 1 mbd increase in production under Biden.
Obama knew the ppb had to go up or nobody would drill for oil. He's smart enough to know that.

It’s always “out of context” when the reception is negative. In any context - parse, part, and whole - they are not friendly to US Oil Companies. Further, production doesn’t 1:1 correlate or solely reflect price. The Market is inclusive of other factors including weight of the policies.

It’s always “out of context” when the reception is negative. In any context - parse, part, and whole - they are not friendly to US Oil Companies. Further, production doesn’t 1:1 correlate or solely reflect price. The Market is inclusive of other factors including weight of the policies.
The problem during the Bush administration was that the ppb was too low. No one was investing in rigs, exploration or drilling. When the price of oil goes up everybody drills for oil.

The problem during the Bush administration was that the ppb was too low. No one was investing in rigs, exploration or drilling. When the price of oil goes up everybody drills for oil.
I do think though that BP ended up paying a lot for the Horizon spill. But I doubt that US regs are really that much more strict than those in the North Sea or even Gulf.

And if everyone wants to drill for oil, why push more restrictive policies?

Trump was setting Biden up.. just like he did in Afghanistan. Trump is famous for revenge his whole life.
Trump forced Veggie Joe to kill Keystone XL, cancel leases, and increase regulations?

Link?

Trump forced Veggie Joe to kill Keystone XL, cancel leases, and increase regulations?

Link?
Keystone XL is a boondoggle. I'm really surprised you don't know that by now. US oil production regulations are pretty lax .. much less than most opec countries.

The Generals testified that they degraded all the US equipment especially at that base.

I'm not blaming Trump for anything Biden did. Biden didn't order the evacuation of all the troops except the ones needed to support the ongoing operation by our allies one week before the next President was to take office. Trump did that.

Biden didn't negotiate the accords in Doha and he's not the one who let the Taliban slide on all but one of the conditions in those accords while we continued to withdraw. Trump did that. Biden did take advantage of the truce and the extension of it after the fall of Kabul. Biden is to blame for not re-invading and forcing the Taliban to comply with the condition that Trump didn't I suppose. And he gets the blame for extending the mission long enough to let an ISIS suicide bomber get through too.
The generals lied then cuz there is video of Joe’s Taliban buddies riding around in our equipment.

Keystone XL is a boondoggle. I'm really surprised you don't know that by now. US oil production regulations are pretty lax .. much less than most opec countries.
Pathetic dodge.

Show us how Trump set your Vegetable Messiah up for high gas prices.

I do think though that BP ended up paying a lot for the Horizon spill. But I doubt that US regs are really that much more strict than those in the North Sea or even Gulf.
My brother worked on the safety audit for Deepwater horizon after the fact. They were deliberately skirting all the safety regulations. But, BP has always been a crappy oil company... For the last 90 years.

Pathetic dodge.

Show us how Trump set your Vegetable Messiah up for high gas prices.
Trump did nothing at all except lie and brag. He doesn't know any more about the oil business than you do.

Trump did nothing at all except lie and brag. He doesn't know any more about the oil business than you do.
So you lied when you claimed Trump set up your Vegetable Messiah for high gas prices.

When they can't even quote the whole sentence is usually the first sign that the quote is not only out of context but is also being twisted into a false narrative. I would say they are more eco-friendly, but they know who butters the bread.

We were talking about the policies effect on the industry. You claim the measure is gas/oil prices for the consumer and I'm saying it is the mdb production for the US industry. World oil production set oil prices. The US is oil dependent and our domestic production is not a huge factor in the world market.

Forum List

Back