Should we give money to community medical clinics instead of Planned Parenthood?

Clementine

Platinum Member
Dec 18, 2011
Why not? Clinics offer all services and don't refer people elsewhere when they want something other than a physical, pregnancy test or abortion. Planned Parenthood doesn't do mammograms or other tests and they simply send people to a clinic for that. And you can't take children or men to PP for emergency or other care.

So, why don't we just give more funding to clinics, which serve everyone, instead of giving it to an organization that already makes a huge profit, ignores the laws regarding tax exemption, and doesn't offer anywhere near the services that real medical clinics do? And, quite frankly, the standards are far better. Health is the top priority here, not population control and having millions to donate to liberal politicians.

I think the left's focus on PP rather than clinics is because abortion really is the goal here, along with handing them millions from tax payers because they know it will come back to them at campaign time. And if we fund these community clinics, where doctors and nurses often volunteer their time, then we can really help the poor people.

"At his weekly briefing with reporters on Capitol Hill Thursday, House Speaker Paul Ryan (R-Wis.) said that the 2015 reconciliation bill that defunded Planned Parenthood for one year would be the model for this year’s reconciliation bill and that federal dollars should be directed to federally qualified health care centers rather than the nation’s largest abortion provider.

“We’re working off the bill we passed last year, and remember our goal in that policy is to get health care to women – particularly in low-income communities who need it – without all the controversy surrounding Planned Parenthood,” Ryan said in response to a reporter’s question about whether defunding the abortion provider could hurt Republicans in the 2018 election cycle.

“That’s why we think these dollars are better directed to community health care clinics. Federally qualified health clinics, which I had lots of experience with in Wisconsin, are very good, and by the way, for every one Planned Parenthood clinic, there’s 20 federal community health centers.

There’s 20 to one, and we think it’s better to send these dollars to those clinics that do a very good job of giving women the services they need – the preventative services - without all the controversy surrounding Planned Parenthood,” Ryan said."

House Speaker: Federal Funds Should Go to Community Health Care Centers, Not Planned Parenthood

Last edited:
Even though we know better, PP claims it's primary function is not providing abortions. Perhaps, if they did just focus on that and let the clinics handle everything else, they will make an even bigger profit that they can donate to campaigns. We can strip them of their tax-exempt status since they can't seem to follow the laws regarding that, namely not endorsing politicians or giving money to their campaigns.

There are 20 times more clinics than PP clinics. That means it's easier for people to get to a clinic much of the time.

I don't see any reason not to focus on the clinics over the abortion experts.

Again, PP sees millions in profits each year and that's not counting the millions they take in tax money. They don't pay taxes and end up donating money to political campaigns. The head of PP had a photo op with Hillary and said PP stood with her.

I am pissed that they flout their disregard of laws. Churches have been threatened with losing their tax-exempt status just for speaking out on abortion. Even though they didn't mention any political candidates, the lib lawyers screamed that it was the same as endorsing them. Yet, PP gets away with it year after years and the left wants to hand them even more money to spend on campaigns.

We shouldn't be giving money at all. I've looked and looked, but I can't find anything in the US Constitution that gives the federal government the right to tax people for the healthcare of others.

Planned parenthood is STUPID. Like most things liberal, it entertains the problem as opposed correcting it.

We shouldn't be giving money at all. I've looked and looked, but I can't find anything in the US Constitution that gives the federal government the right to tax people for the healthcare of others.

Helping people is always the right thing. Unfortunately, the left has gone from helping the needy to creating needy people. They want people reliant on government because it ensures votes.

If so many didn't grow up feeling entitled to everything, we wouldn't be in this mess.

Should we strip funding for all women's clinics then? Certainly we should strip funding from the pro-life pregnancy clinics.

Why not? Clinics offer all services and don't refer people elsewhere when they want something other than a physical, pregnancy test or abortion. Planned Parenthood doesn't do mammograms or other tests and they simply send people to a clinic for that. And you can't take children or men to PP for emergency or other care.

So, why don't we just give more funding to clinics, which serve everyone, instead of giving it to an organization that already makes a huge profit, ignores the laws regarding tax exemption, and doesn't offer anywhere near the services that real medical clinics do? And, quite frankly, the standards are far better. Health is the top priority here, not population control and having millions to donate to liberal politicians.

I think the left's focus on PP rather than clinics is because abortion really is the goal here, along with handing them millions from tax payers because they know it will come back to them at campaign time. And if we fund these community clinics, where doctors and nurses often volunteer their time, then we can really help the poor people.

"At his weekly briefing with reporters on Capitol Hill Thursday, House Speaker Paul Ryan (R-Wis.) said that the 2015 reconciliation bill that defunded Planned Parenthood for one year would be the model for this year’s reconciliation bill and that federal dollars should be directed to federally qualified health care centers rather than the nation’s largest abortion provider.

“We’re working off the bill we passed last year, and remember our goal in that policy is to get health care to women – particularly in low-income communities who need it – without all the controversy surrounding Planned Parenthood,” Ryan said in response to a reporter’s question about whether defunding the abortion provider could hurt Republicans in the 2018 election cycle.

“That’s why we think these dollars are better directed to community health care clinics. Federally qualified health clinics, which I had lots of experience with in Wisconsin, are very good, and by the way, for every one Planned Parenthood clinic, there’s 20 federal community health centers.

There’s 20 to one, and we think it’s better to send these dollars to those clinics that do a very good job of giving women the services they need – the preventative services - without all the controversy surrounding Planned Parenthood,” Ryan said."

House Speaker: Federal Funds Should Go to Community Health Care Centers, Not Planned Parenthood

Oh...you mean expand the number of county/city/municipal workers--also known as government employees?

They do in Missouri...

Helping people is always the right thing. Unfortunately, the left has gone from helping the needy to creating needy people. They want people reliant on government because it ensures votes.

If so many didn't grow up feeling entitled to everything, we wouldn't be in this mess.
They are not forced to take, they take freely because it is given...

They do in Missouri...

They also do so in Texas...

Again, what you're battling here is a profound ignorance of the funding. There is no bill that someone generates in Congress that funds Planned Parent Hood. What happens is that Title X and Medicare are funded. PP bills Medicare just like the State of Texas or your private doctor would for services provided.

Should we strip funding for all women's clinics then? Certainly we should strip funding from the pro-life pregnancy clinics.
I'll give free mammograms, ma'am....

mammogram-scam.jpg

They do in Missouri...

They also do so in Texas...

Again, what you're battling here is a profound ignorance of the funding. There is no bill that someone generates in Congress that funds Planned Parent Hood. What happens is that Title X and Medicare are funded. PP bills Medicare just like the State of Texas or your private doctor would for services provided.
In Missouri it was found out this year that they have been using funds for AFDC and giving it to clinics to counsel women to not to get abortions...

Looks like the GOP is going to cut funding for everything medical and rub their hands in glee when people are dying in the streets...Ahhh, got to love the moral majority and their God's vengeful heart...

Agreed!
I never said helping people was wrong. I said it was wrong to tax people in order to pay for it.
Liberals think they are so damned noble while giving away other peoples' money.
Buy supper for the family down the street that has fallen on hard times, Make some extra space in your home available for someone with no place to stay. Pay the check for someone to feed their family on a rare night out.
Pay for their health care if you're so inclined; hell pay for their abortion. That's fine with me. Just don't threaten me with jail time if I refuse to pay for what my morality tells me is wrong.
I help people all the time. I have a formerly homeless couple staying in my guest house right now. Another friend just changed jobs and hasn't gotten a pay check in 3 weeks. I fed her and left her with some cash so she can eat until her check arrives a week from today.
I feel that these people and the others I try to help are worth my time and money and I DECIDED TO HELP, It was not decided for me by a system that rewards sloth in exchange for votes.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back