Should we legalize pot and help free innocent people?

I'm not going to argue with a pot-head. The medical community has spoken on this. They are way more qualified than you're stoned ass. You're a drug-addict. Deal with it. Or don't. But shut the fuck up already because nobody gives a fuck what a stoned asshole thinks...

Rott, not sure if you smoke cigarettes, drink coffee, or enjoy a beer from time to time, but if so I just want to note that you're a drug addict as well.

Last edited:
Marijuana is drug most often linked to crime, study finds | McClatchy

Lets see here... If marijuana is the most commonly used illegal drug in the United States, is it really that shocking that it's also the most commonly detected drug amongst criminals (or any group for that matter)? Not really.

If marijuana is the most commonly detected drug amongst doctors or lawyers, can you also make the assumption that the plant (when smoked) motivates people to do well in medical or law school?

There's a phrase I'm recalling from my college statistics days: "correlation does not imply causation". I think that applies perfectly here.

Last edited:
No, you didn't ..you posted a psychological blog...that misuses the term addiction when they are speaking of psychological dependency not medical physical dependency..using the term as you are everything from sex to food can be labeled addictive

addiction is addiction. Pot is addictive.

It's just not that addictive.

Cigarettes are more addictive than heroin.
So what?
Addictive is addictive. And mj is addictive. Why do we want to add another addictive drug that is legal and easily obtainable? What benefit to society is that?

So what?
Addictive is addictive. And mj is addictive. Why do we want to add another addictive drug that is legal and easily obtainable? What benefit to society is that?

Rabbi, you’re a smart person and I’m sure you realize that there is A COST to society that comes with prohibiting a substance.

You need to ask yourself, do the costs of prohibition outweigh the costs of having the substance legal?

Cost of prohibiting marijuana:
1.) People in prison (supported by taxpayers) when they could otherwise be out working/raising children. I'd rather have a dad that smokes pot vs. no dad at all.
2.) Resources being used up. There are a finite # of police officers and courts. Rather than spending all of their time doing paper work for a kid who was caught with a joint in a park, I'd rather they dedicate their time to tracking violent criminals and preventing rapes.
3.) Cartels. Prohibition is what gives them power. If you legalize marijuana, they will lose control of the drug in which they've built most of their infrastructure around. They will be temporarily (if not permanently) diminished.
4.) Economics. Think of the value and jobs that the US alcohol industry provides to the US (between manufacturing, packaging, warehousing, and distributing). We're currently missing out on all this... and for what exactly?

Problem is that the costs we pay to prohibit marijuana far outweigh any benefit gained from it being illegal.

Last edited:
I find it ironic that many of the same people that are against the prohibition of alcohol are for the prohibition of pot. Don't the two drugs pose the same problems.

So what?

Rabbi, you’re a smart person and I’m sure you realize that there is A COST to society that comes with prohibiting a substance.

You need to ask yourself, do the costs of prohibition outweigh the costs of having the substance legal?

Cost of prohibiting marijuana:
1.) People in prison (supported by taxpayers) when they could otherwise be out working/raising children. I'd rather have a dad that smokes pot vs. no dad at all.
2.) Resources being used up. There are a finite # of police officers and courts. Rather than spending all of their time doing paper work for a kid who was caught with a joint in a park, I'd rather they dedicate their time to tracking violent criminals and preventing rapes.
3.) Cartels. Prohibition is what gives them power. If you legalize marijuana, they will lose control of the drug in which they've built most of their infrastructure around. They will be temporarily (if not permanently) diminished.
4.) Economics. Think of the value and jobs that the US alcohol industry provides to the US (between manufacturing, packaging, warehousing, and distributing). We're currently missing out on all this... and for what exactly?

Problem is that the costs we pay to prohibit marijuana far outweigh any benefit gained from it being illegal.
At least you're asking the right questions.
Now, how many hours of work are lost to alcohol? How many accidents occur because of alcohol? How many more will occur if we have widespread pot use? Because the simple fact is there will be much more pot used after legalization. This is simply a certainty.
If you "tax the hell out of it" then you create incentives for illegal sales of non taxed goods. In turn you're back to cartels exploiting the high tax rate.

I just dont see the advantage of allowing yet another mind altering substance on the market. A nd personally I think it's immoral for gov't to benefit from it.

I find it ironic that many of the same people that are against the prohibition of alcohol are for the prohibition of pot. Don't the two drugs pose the same problems.

No, they are nothing alike.
What problem is posed by a glass of wine with dinner?

No, they are nothing alike.
What problem is posed by a glass of wine with dinner?

What problem is posed by an adult smoking a joint after work in the privacy of his/her own home?

As I understand it, virtually no one dies each year from marijuana overdoses whereas thousands die each year from drinking too much alcohol (which includes wine).

Last edited:
At least you're asking the right questions.
Now, how many hours of work are lost to alcohol? How many accidents occur because of alcohol? How many more will occur if we have widespread pot use? Because the simple fact is there will be much more pot used after legalization. This is simply a certainty.
If you "tax the hell out of it" then you create incentives for illegal sales of non taxed goods. In turn you're back to cartels exploiting the high tax rate.

I just dont see the advantage of allowing yet another mind altering substance on the market. A nd personally I think it's immoral for gov't to benefit from it.

Again Rabbi, I'm not claiming marijuana is useful, necessary, or even healthy. My claim is that this prison institution, and tens of thousands behind bars for smoking a plant you can't overdose on has a much more far reaching negative effect on society than if you were to simply making the drug legal.

We need to make a choice: dad in jail or dad who smokes pot. If we had to choose between the two, I'd take the second one in a heartbeat.

For Marijuana, the juice isn't worth the squeeze. It's simply not dangerous enough a drug to justify the billions we spend policing it, and the thousands we throw in jail because of it. That's my point. We have limited resources and need to allocate those resources to our top priorities.

It's silly we waste our time policing this.

Last edited:
Marijuana is drug most often linked to crime, study finds | McClatchy

Lets see here... If marijuana is the most commonly used illegal drug in the United States, is it really that shocking that it's also the most commonly detected drug amongst criminals (or any group for that matter)? Not really.

If marijuana is the most commonly detected drug amongst doctors or lawyers, can you also make the assumption that the plant (when smoked) motivates people to do well in medical or law school?

There's a phrase I'm recalling from my college statistics days: "correlation does not imply causation". I think that applies perfectly here..
The assertion by the White House Director of Drug Control Policy that marijuana is linked to crime is nothing more than the latest iteration of Reefer Madness propaganda. Briefly stated, it is a boldface lie proffered by a titled nobody and intended to sway the thinking of that unfortunate percentage of Americans who are ignorant enough to believe it.

Those who are interested in learning the truth about marijuana's beneficial and essentially harmless effects are urged to read, Marijuana, The Forbidden Medicine, by Dr. Lester Grinspoon, MD, Ph.D., Professor of Psychiatric Medicine, Harvard Medical School. Lester Grinspoon - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The only crime I am aware of which is associated with marijuana has been the success of a treacherous faker like Barack Obama, who has readily admitted to smoking marijuana frequently, being elected President and betraying virtually all who supported him and believed his lies and promises.

Last edited:
No, you didn't ..you posted a psychological blog...that misuses the term addiction when they are speaking of psychological dependency not medical physical dependency..using the term as you are everything from sex to food can be labeled addictive

Marijuana is not addictive at all. There is nothing in its chemical structure which is capable of altering one's biology to the degree in which physical dependency is established.

Prolonged use of marijuana can be habit-forming to the degree which is consistent with the individual user's susceptibility to habituation. Most people have very low susceptibility. Some are highly susceptible and are referred to by behaviorists as addictive personalities. Such individuals are prone to "addiction" to such things as sweets, cola drinks, certain foods, etc.

Essentially, referring to marijuana as an addictive substance is wrong and misleading.

Marijuana is not addictive at all. There is nothing in its chemical structure which is capable of altering one's biology to the degree in which physical dependency is established.

Prolonged use of marijuana can be habit-forming to the degree which is consistent with the individual user's susceptibility to habituation. Most people have very low susceptibility. Some are highly susceptible and are referred to by behaviorists as addictive personalities. Such individuals are prone to "addiction" to such things as sweets, cola drinks, certain foods, etc.

Essentially, referring to marijuana as an addictive substance is wrong and misleading.

'Addictive' is a difficult word to define.

One could be addicted to checking their email, right? Or can't you also become addicted to playing a sport, or drinking milk everyday after work? I think people could most definitely become "addicted" to marijuana in the sense that they get used to using it (ie habit) and would feel "worse" by having to pass on using it.

Thing is, it's just not nearly as addictive as alcohol, or cigarettes, as those two examples automatically come with a bio-dependency where the body physically will crave the high that comes with partaking in the drug.

I'm no doctor, just sort of speaking my mind.

One could be addicted to checking their email, right? Or can't you also become addicted to playing a sport, or drinking milk everyday after work? I think people could most definitely become "addicted" to marijuana in the sense that they get used to using it (ie habit) and would feel "worse" by having to pass on using it.

Thing is, it's just not nearly as addictive as alcohol, or cigarettes, as those two examples automatically come with a bio-dependency where the body physically will crave the high that comes with partaking in the drug.

Sorry if I seemed overly critical in my reply. It was not intended. I have learned over the years that the word "addiction" has an extremely powerful effect on the thinking of those whose impressions of marijuana are easily influenced. So I tend to react critically to the use of that word.

Apologies for any offense.

Sorry if I seemed overly critical in my reply. It was not intended. I have learned over the years that the word "addiction" has an extremely powerful effect on the thinking of those whose impressions of marijuana are easily influenced. So I tend to react critically to the use of that word.

Apologies for any offense.

No offense at all.

I'm a pro-legalization advocate.

Are you really as uniformed as your posts indicate, or is this ignorance just sock puppetry?

At any rate as to your demand for award winning pot?

HIGH TIMES - Award Winning Strains | High Times

talking to Rabbi about Pot is like talking to Dean about Republicans......

Translation: We're getting our butts kicked. Time to go ad hom.

sure your kicking ass.....you have no concept of Pot because you have never even see a Joint....and everything you say comes right out of the Drug Czar's book of Pot.....so Rabbi ....have you ever seen that Campy film...."Reefer Madness?".....if not check it out....its made for people like you and Rotty....im sure you will eat it up....

We've already disproven that notion.

I'm not going to argue with a pot-head. The medical community has spoken on this. They are way more qualified than you're stoned ass. You're a drug-addict. Deal with it. Or don't. But shut the fuck up already because nobody gives a fuck what a stoned asshole thinks...

then why are you in this fucking thread?.....

Isn't it hilarious how stoners blame the law? Here's a thought for you libtards and idiot libertarians: if a man is so obsessed with a stupid little "leaf" that he is willing to sacrifice his very freedom - is he really someone we want roaming our society?

If the government outlawed cell phones tomorrow, I'd throw my blackberry away faster than you can say fuck it. If they outlawed donuts, I'd never eat another donut. The fact that you assholes are so fucking extreme that you can't walk away from that stupid ass narcotic just proves prison is exactly the fuck where you belong....

Nice Statist. Stay Statist. Roll over Statist. Fetch Statist. Play dead Statist. Catch the Frisbee Statist......

He explicitly compared alcohol to drugs. At least in regard to taxation. But the taxation issues points up how different they are.
No one is making Johnny Walker in his basement. But dope is pretty much the same and doesn't take much to produce it. So they aren't comparable at all.

you dont know much about growing it do ya?....

Please cite any taste tests and gold medal winners for dope.

1st Cannabis Cup. Skunk #1

Forum List

Back