Should we legalize pot and help free innocent people?

Those that simply possess get the product from those that distribute to them. Get rid of the criminal aspect of supplying the product and you have a win/win.
The primary distributor (provider) of marijuana is Nature. Unlike a manufactured (synthesized) narcotic, marijuana is a plant -- a naturally occuring substance. Its distribution is interfered with by a degenerate aspect of the human ego. And that is what should be gotten rid of.

Do people that like to smoke pot unfairly end up in prison? Could such disadvantage certain groups and should we fix that???

Moving the goal posts? Addicted is addicted.
10% out of millions...and compared to everything else its not very hard to walk away.....talking with you about pot Rabbi is like talking to your good friend Dean about Republicans......both of you have preconceived notions about something you just happen to be against and that's all there is to it....

Was the claim that mj is not addictive true or false? Here's a chance for you to redeem yourself with some honesty.

ok you got me,i should have said what type of addiction.....but since me and Katz have been through this topic more than once and it has already been said more than once in those threads that it can be MENTALLY addictive but not PHYSICALLY addictive the question was mostly for her......but apparently she bailed....

10% out of millions...and compared to everything else its not very hard to walk away.....talking with you about pot Rabbi is like talking to your good friend Dean about Republicans......both of you have preconceived notions about something you just happen to be against and that's all there is to it....

Was the claim that mj is not addictive true or false? Here's a chance for you to redeem yourself with some honesty.

crickets

wow you asked the thing 10 minutes before this post.....can a guy get up to take a piss?....

So Rabbi provides documentation from the medical community and you ignore it in favor of your ignorance? Well that's typical of both libtards and libturdtarians here on USMB.

We should ignore the medical community in favor of your USMB opinions backed up by......nothing :eusa_whistle:

the medical Community also says to take those prescription drugs too ...those overused addicting "legal" drugs......
So we should ban prescription drugs because some people misuse them?

Again, is the claim that pot is not addictive true or false?
some people misuse pot.....some people misuse guns.....some people misuse lots of things......and i answered the second part up the line somewhere.....

Last edited:
:lmao:

Oh man, the irony in that statement is so thick (not to mention hysterical) that you could cut it with a knife! Only a pot-head could make that statement and not realize what they were saying.... maaaaaaaaaan

Yes I know exactly what I am saying ..I am saying I enjoy smoking marijuana on a daily basis for many many years but when in situations I feel its not appropriate or convenient..I have gone several months without and felt no withdraw effects as one would with additive substances like caffeine or nicotine

The fact that you "smoked DAILY for DECADES" and the fact that you require a "situation" to get you to stop means that you are severely addicted. Just because you don't feel any physical effects when you stop doesn't mean anything.

This is akin to the alcoholic going "I'm not an alcoholic, when I absolutely must stop drinking for a day, I do".... :eusa_whistle:

its been periods of months not days and the criteria for addiction is not how often you choose to do something you enjoy...I have orange juice every morning but I am not addicted to it..I take supplements everyday but I am not addicted to them..I drink coffee everyday and I am totally addicted to it..without it I get terrible headaches, agitation, feel tired...because it is an addictive substance unlike the herb...your definition and the medical definition of addiction are two different thngs

Yes I know exactly what I am saying ..I am saying I enjoy smoking marijuana on a daily basis for many many years but when in situations I feel its not appropriate or convenient..I have gone several months without and felt no withdraw effects as one would with additive substances like caffeine or nicotine

The fact that you "smoked DAILY for DECADES" and the fact that you require a "situation" to get you to stop means that you are severely addicted. Just because you don't feel any physical effects when you stop doesn't mean anything.

This is akin to the alcoholic going "I'm not an alcoholic, when I absolutely must stop drinking for a day, I do".... :eusa_whistle:

its been periods of months not days and the criteria for addiction is not how often you choose to do something you enjoy...I have orange juice every morning but I am not addicted to it..I take supplements everyday but I am not addicted to them..I drink coffee everyday and I am totally addicted to it..without it I get terrible headaches, agitation, feel tired...because it is an addictive substance unlike the herb...your definition and the medical definition of addiction are two different thngs

"I can stop when a situation requires it".... 'nough said

Exactly I smoked daily for decades but have no problem when going without if the situation requires..I can not say the same about coffee however...that gives me horrible physical withdraw

:lmao:

Oh man, the irony in that statement is so thick (not to mention hysterical) that you could cut it with a knife! Only a pot-head could make that statement and not realize what they were saying.... maaaaaaaaaan

When marijuana was decriminalized in New York City (throughout the '60s and '70s), my late wife (a clinical psychologist) and I enjoyed marijuana on a fairly regular basis. When Ronald Reagan made it a serious crime in the early '80s we both decided to stop using it. And after nearly twenty years of regular use, while we did miss its euphoric tranquilizing effects we did not experience anything which might be called a withdrawal symptom.

Most of our friends also stopped using it for the same reason and none reported any adverse effect. However we did know of one who said she tried but couldn't give it up. So it's true there is a syndrome referred to by behaviorists as the addictive personality, a purely psychological condition which also is common to compulsive gamblers and those who become "addicted" to such ordinary things as sweets, cola drinks, etc.

But generally speaking, it is a medically established fact that marijuana is not an addictive substance in the accepted sense of the word.

Last edited:

It is enough said..you are correct...because marijuana is not a addictive substance

It is enough said..you are correct...because marijuana is not a addictive substance

We've already disproven that notion.

the medical Community also says to take those prescription drugs too ...those overused addicting "legal" drugs......
So we should ban prescription drugs because some people misuse them?

Again, is the claim that pot is not addictive true or false?
some people misuse pot.....some people misuse guns.....some people misuse lots of things......and i answered the second part up the line somewhere.....

Everyone misuses pot by smoking it rather than turning it into interesting fabrics.

No, you didn't ..you posted a psychological blog...that misuses the term addiction when they are speaking of psychological dependency not medical physical dependency..using the term as you are everything from sex to food can be labeled addictive

No, you didn't ..you posted a psychological blog...that misuses the term addiction when they are speaking of psychological dependency not medical physical dependency..using the term as you are everything from sex to food can be labeled addictive

addiction is addiction. Pot is addictive.

So then is food ,sex and video games, etc etc etc... under your defintion

He explicitly compared alcohol to drugs. At least in regard to taxation. But the taxation issues points up how different they are.
No one is making Johnny Walker in his basement. But dope is pretty much the same and doesn't take much to produce it. So they aren't comparable at all.

you dont know much about growing it do ya?....

Please cite any taste tests and gold medal winners for dope.

Are you really as uniformed as your posts indicate, or is this ignorance just sock puppetry?

At any rate as to your demand for award winning pot?

HIGH TIMES - Award Winning Strains | High Times

So then is food ,sex and video games, etc etc etc... under your defintion

Food is necessary for survival.
The rest is irrelevant. I've made the point about pot being addictive.

Please cite any taste tests and gold medal winners for dope.

Are you really as uniformed as your posts indicate, or is this ignorance just sock puppetry?

At any rate as to your demand for award winning pot?

HIGH TIMES - Award Winning Strains | High Times

talking to Rabbi about Pot is like talking to Dean about Republicans......

Translation: We're getting our butts kicked. Time to go ad hom.

I'm not going to argue with a pot-head. The medical community has spoken on this. They are way more qualified than you're stoned ass. You're a drug-addict. Deal with it. Or don't. But shut the fuck up already because nobody gives a fuck what a stoned asshole thinks...

Forum List

Back