Should We Teach Creation As Science In Public Schools?

or it could be all the chemicals we are putting in the food,,,

sorry but that is not proof we all came from a rock

You’re an idiot. I didn’t say it was proof we can from a rock, and if you had any meaningful education you would know that evolution is not about the origin of man. It is about the changes that species go thru which are often caused by their environment, including what they eat.
it had to begin somewhere,,,

a change within species doesnt mean a dog changed to a cat or a monkey changed to a human which is what evolution claims

No, evolution does not claim that humans came from monkeys. Those are the misconceptions spread to the unwitting (people like you) by religious liars who think god and evolution can’t coexist.
See post #144. Whose birth canal did Lucy-type Australophithicuses come from? It wasn't a giraffe.

I am referring to monkeys/apes as we know them today. Humans descended differently than the monkeys and apes we see today. We didn’t come from monkeys, although we may have common ancestry.

ahhhh that elusive common ancestor again,,,

do you know what it looked like or how it managed to spawn all life as we know it???

a change within species doesnt mean a dog changed to a cat or a monkey changed to a human which is what evolution claims

No, evolution does not claim that humans came from monkeys. Those are the misconceptions spread to the unwitting (people like you) by religious liars who think god and evolution can’t coexist.

but it does claim that all life came from a rock soup,,

Again No. Evolution deals with the changes in species. It does not deal with the origin of living things. Your Sunday school teacher really did a job on you!
Evolution does deal with the origin of living things, you should read Darwins letter to Hooker

"But if (and oh what a big if) we could conceive in some warm little pond with all sorts of ammonia and phosphoric salts, light, heat, electricity etcetera present, that a protein compound was chemically formed, ready to undergo still more complex changes [..] "

~Charles Darwin, in a letter to Joseph Hooker (1871)

Darwin’s letter to Hooker is not the same as Darwin’s Origin of Species, which is his theory of evolution. Look, any numbskull who wants to deny evolution is ok with me. It just shows dogmatic religious ignorance, but there really is no harm in it.

I suppose God created all the different types of dog breeds, even though we are creating more breeds still......hmmm, hows that work.
dogs created all the types of dog breeds, evolution says the first dog/wolf came from a totally different kind of animal

I have to ask why you are skipping over the first 4 stages of evolution???

502012120_univ_sqr_xl.jpg

I love it when God wears a red superman cape and waves a wand.

Evolution is small changes over a long time. Human beings are about 5% taller today than they were 100 years ago. That is a microcosm of evolution and it is undeniable.

And I’ve seen no evidence of a god that I should revere and pray to.

You’re an idiot. I didn’t say it was proof we can from a rock, and if you had any meaningful education you would know that evolution is not about the origin of man. It is about the changes that species go thru which are often caused by their environment, including what they eat.

Well where did humans come from, why don't you clear the air and correct us

There, right there is the problem that most Christians deal with. They need an answer to all things, so any time the answer is not clearly observable they say it was God. Well we should all thank God that real scientists aren’t so emotionally fragile and intellectually lazy.

I can’t tell you where man came from. I can only read the theories of people who have dedicated their lives to studying the question. Based on that, the theory of evolution and the primordial soup makes more sense than some creature that nobody has ever seen being the answer.

Why did God Bury all those rocks in the earth, and make them fit together so they look like what we call dinosaurs? Was he just fucking with us?

See post #144. Whose birth canal did Lucy-type Australophithicuses come from? It wasn't a giraffe.

I am referring to monkeys/apes as we know them today. Humans descended differently than the monkeys and apes we see today. We didn’t come from monkeys, although we may have common ancestry.

do you know what it looked like or how it managed to spawn all life as we know it???

Nope, I sure don’t. But that doesn’t mean it was God. Do you know what God looks like? And who the hell created God?

Nope, I sure don’t. But that doesn’t mean it was God. Do you know what God looks like? And who the hell created God?
I never said it was god,,,and thats a poor deflection to justify evolution

Creation science is backed by the scientific method, so it should be taught in schools. Part of the problem is science today only accepts what is natural in the physical world. It is based on the philosophy of empiricism, but today's science does not follow it nor is it backed by the scientific method. What today's science of evolution is backed by is consensus and circumstantial forensic evidence. Why only evolution is taught in schools is because today's science does not allow for a supernatural creator to be involved in the "creation" of the universe, Earth, and everything in it. This is not science when evidence can be provided for the supernatural in creation through the Bible. It is part of Genesis and how God created the natural world. The assumption that there was no supernatural occurrence during the beginning is unscientific. One of the most basic arguments for a creator is the universe began to exist, not an eternal universe, and we have Kalam's Cosmological argument.

Furthermore, we are here -- the universe and everything in it exists! Now, if evolution and its big bang could explain in detail of how the electromagnetic spectrum, the Higgs field, the cosmic microwave background, and how amino acids formed into proteins in outer space from nothing or invisible quantum particles, then they would have a better explanation and argument with big bang. We need to have the theory fit the evidence instead of the evidence made to fit the theory. Science should not just be based on empiricism, but also on a priori reasoning in addition to the scientific a posteriori reasoning. This is all part of epistemology. We need to use facts, reasoning, and historical truths in science since not everything can be proven by scientific method.

I've read Dr. John Morris' explanation for a creator -- Should the Public Schools Teach Creation? -- and today we have a more updated version from Lee Strobel -- Strong case, but flawed by compromise (Review of Lee Strobel, Case for Creator) - creation.com. creation.com gives a brief overview without reading his book. Sorry, I haven't read his book, but have watched the video below.

Let's just cut through your long winded BULL SHIT and get to the bottom line. Call it anything you want to, but it is Creationism, pure and simple. It is RELIGIOUS BULL SHIT that says a creator created the universe and everything in it. Total BULL SHIT, because there is ABSOLUTELY NO PROOF, or EVIDENCE WHATSOEVER that a creator exists or has existed, none, nada, nothing, PERIOD!!!

Again No. Evolution deals with the changes in species. It does not deal with the origin of living things. Your Sunday school teacher really did a job on you!
Evolution does deal with the origin of living things, you should read Darwins letter to Hooker

"But if (and oh what a big if) we could conceive in some warm little pond with all sorts of ammonia and phosphoric salts, light, heat, electricity etcetera present, that a protein compound was chemically formed, ready to undergo still more complex changes [..] "

Darwin’s letter to Hooker is not the same as Darwin’s Origin of Species, which is his theory of evolution. Look, any numbskull who wants to deny evolution is ok with me. It just shows dogmatic religious ignorance, but there really is no harm in it.

I suppose God created all the different types of dog breeds, even though we are creating more breeds still......hmmm, hows that work.

Where are you saying that life came from because you are rambling

dogs created all the types of dog breeds, evolution says the first dog/wolf came from a totally different kind of animal

Completely wrong because all dogs are selectively mutated wolves. Or dogs are wolves, all of them

There, right there is the problem that most Christians deal with. They need an answer to all things, so any time the answer is not clearly observable they say it was God. Well we should all thank God that real scientists aren’t so emotionally fragile and intellectually lazy.

I can’t tell you where man came from. I can only read the theories of people who have dedicated their lives to studying the question. Based on that, the theory of evolution and the primordial soup makes more sense than some creature that nobody has ever seen being the answer.

Why did God Bury all those rocks in the earth, and make them fit together so they look like what we call dinosaurs? Was he just fucking with us?
No scientist has any idea where life came from, and this scientist is saying that we are all a computer simulation created by a programmer that he will not call god but fills the niche

Completely wrong because all dogs are selectively mutated wolves. Or dogs are wolves, all of them

to say dog are mutated wolves means you are mutated from your mother,,,,

they are not mutations they are variations based on breeding and environment

No scientist has any idea where life came from, and this scientist is saying that we are all a computer simulation created by a programmer that he will not call god but fills the niche

he just described god and satan,,,

and it could be thise scenario,,

He did not describe satan, he is substituting the word simulation for creation. In reality he is partly right because we are the result of the DNA code which was written by God, but if Tyson wants to call God a program simulator, it means the same thing

He did not describe satan, he is substituting the word simulation for creation. In reality he is partly right because we are the result of the DNA code which was written by God, but if Tyson wants to call God a program simulator, it means the same thing

it was when he said about stirring the pot, that sounded a lot like satan does

You have never heard satan, or do you hear voices

So. . . that's a no, you are not going to post any article or paper the has some peer review or standard, for a hypothesis or theory to explain the nature of our world?

You can't even answer my question of where you went to school. I doubt you even got your anthro degree. It means you lied about that. I don't know anyone who went to college or university who wouldn't review someone's else's argument including a video. What do you think peer reviewers do? I've had evos here want me to read a book to show me how much they knew. These evos couldn't explain the book, so I had to explain it to them. It made me question whether they read the book. In your case, it's anthropology classes, so you should know and understand more. If they're any good, then I learn something from them. You aren't any good. Thus, we are done. You are dismissed.

I am not on this website to share personal information about myself.

The world’s most valuable resource is no longer oil, but data

Anything that I present as factual? I will back up with links if you have any doubts.

Surely, you can do the same?

There is nothing that I have presented that has not been backed up.

I will not ask you to watch any video that is not in your interest that is longer than ten to twelve minutes.

Asking anyone to spend more than a quarter of an hour to watch a video that is not something they find interesting, which, they believe to be rubbish? That is unreasonable. Certainly you could find an article if you really were so inclined.

If I can do it, you can do it.

Some of the crap you are reading? It is not backed by anything in the fossil record. It is philosophy, and religion, NOT SCIENCE.

The evolution of feathers: a major problem for Darwinism - creation.com

So. . . that's a no, you are not going to post any article or paper the has some peer review or standard, for a hypothesis or theory to explain the nature of our world?

You can't even answer my question of where you went to school. I doubt you even got your anthro degree. It means you lied about that. I don't know anyone who went to college or university who wouldn't review someone's else's argument including a video. What do you think peer reviewers do? I've had evos here want me to read a book to show me how much they knew. These evos couldn't explain the book, so I had to explain it to them. It made me question whether they read the book. In your case, it's anthropology classes, so you should know and understand more. If they're any good, then I learn something from them. You aren't any good. Thus, we are done. You are dismissed.

Anything that I present as factual? I will back up with links if you have any doubts.

I will not ask you to watch any video that is not in your interest that is longer than ten to twelve minutes.

Asking anyone to spend more than a quarter of an hour to watch a video that is not something they find interesting, which, they believe to be rubbish? That is unreasonable. Certainly you could find an article if you really were so inclined.

Some of the crap you are reading? It is not backed by anything in the fossil record. It is philosophy, and religion, NOT SCIENCE.

Evolution has never been backed up, but you do have a cartoon that you presented as evidence since what you claim does not exist in reality

You have never heard satan, or do you hear voices

sorry I missed a word,,

it sounds a lot like WHAT satan does

Forum List

Back