Should We Teach Creation As Science In Public Schools?

And I'm beginning to think being a Christian has lot more to do with accommodating the selfish desires, greed and sexual freedom of corrupt leaders. I'm not sure they can even recall the Golden Rule.

In any case, none of that has anything to do with your ignorant post. A bear learning to walk on its hind legs doesn't "debunk" anything.

You must be talking about leftist Obama and the Clintons.

Yep. The whole lot of them. The Clintons, Bushes, Obamas, Trump, etc, etc....

Anyway, you cannot refute this piece of science that I dropped on the atheists and their scientists here. Observable evidence is one. Being able to repeat it in experiments is another and we have seen humans from monkeys experiment fail time after time. Thus, this piece of macroevolution. Did. Not. Happen. And it won't happen in a million or billion years. We still have monkeys and apes acting like monkeys and apes. That is observable. That is testable, That is falsifiable.

Your stuff. Not at all.

Have you actually read anything about evolution? I mean outside your blogs and late night AM radio? Because you have some really bad misconceptions about it. I wouldn't complain, but you seem like you expect to be take seriously. Ain't gonna happen.

And I'm beginning to think being a Christian has lot more to do with accommodating the selfish desires, greed and sexual freedom of corrupt leaders. I'm not sure they can even recall the Golden Rule.

In any case, none of that has anything to do with your ignorant post. A bear learning to walk on its hind legs doesn't "debunk" anything.

You must be talking about leftist Obama and the Clintons.

Yep. The whole lot of them. The Clintons, Bushes, Obamas, Trump, etc, etc....

Anyway, you cannot refute this piece of science that I dropped on the atheists and their scientists here. Observable evidence is one. Being able to repeat it in experiments is another and we have seen humans from monkeys experiment fail time after time. Thus, this piece of macroevolution. Did. Not. Happen. And it won't happen in a million or billion years. We still have monkeys and apes acting like monkeys and apes. That is observable. That is testable, That is falsifiable.

Your stuff. Not at all.

Have you actually read anything about evolution? I mean outside your blogs and late night AM radio? Because you have some really bad misconceptions about it. I wouldn't complain, but you seem like you expect to be take seriously. Ain't gonna happen.

LMAO. I know more about evolution in my little pinkie than your entire rectum and whatever else you have for brains. Get woke, go broke. Pull your head out.

They have ACTUAL PHOTOS of genes. I SHIT YOU NOT.

More evidence you do not know what you are talking about. Those are chromosomes, not genes. Put them together and they make up a gene.

No college student uses words like you. College students understand the requirements for an anthropology degree and part of anthropology is learning about genetics, genomes, and DNA. Before that, they formulate some kind of idea of what type of careers their interests point them to. Your words betray you. You do not state the kind of things that most basic HS students headed for college or university have interests in.

If you need to start making up lies about me to make your arguments more sound, go ahead.

I believe you know what I meant when I posted that photo of the chromosomes.

I am beginning to believe that you do not want a friendly and well meaning debate.

"an anthropology degree and part of anthropology is learning about genetics, genomes, and DNA."

Twenty years ago, this was not true. The emphasis in my physical anthropology part of my degree was in primatology. As far as I know, at most schools, folks get to choose their emphasis.

I looked around, and find what you wrote, still is not true. You strike me as pretty ignorant, you seem to be just making things up. Go ahead a POST for me proof of what you say, otherwise, you are bearing false witness, and we are done here.

Anthropologists just don't deal in the information you are talking about. If you weren't so science illiterate, you would know this.

Folks that actually have been to University know the folks that study this are called;

EVOLUTIONARY BIOLOGISTS & BIOINFOMATICS

Bioinformatics - Wikipedia

6 Things You Should Know About Biological Evolution

If you want to continue discussing? Do not personally attack me, it isn't very Christian.

Next time you use Ad Hominem, we are done.

More evidence you do not know what you are talking about. Those are chromosomes, not genes. Put them together and they make up a gene.

No college student uses words like you. College students understand the requirements for an anthropology degree and part of anthropology is learning about genetics, genomes, and DNA. Before that, they formulate some kind of idea of what type of careers their interests point them to. Your words betray you. You do not state the kind of things that most basic HS students headed for college or university have interests in.

If you need to start making up lies about me to make your arguments more sound, go ahead.

I am beginning to believe that you do not want a friendly and well meaning debate.

"an anthropology degree and part of anthropology is learning about genetics, genomes, and DNA."

Twenty years ago, this was not true. The emphasis in my physical anthropology part of my degree was in primatology. As far as I know, at most schools, folks get to choose their emphasis.

I looked around, and find what you wrote, still is not true. You strike me as pretty ignorant, you seem to be just making things up. Go ahead a POST for me proof of what you say, otherwise, you are bearing false witness, and we are done here.

Anthropologists just don't deal in the information you are talking about. If you weren't so science illiterate, you would know this.

Folks that actually have been to University know the folks that study this are called;

If you want to continue discussing? Do not personally attack me, it isn't very Christian.

Addressing the non-hate part of your post, it seems I have to do the work for you and read what you mean. I don't even know what you mean and how it relates to our discussion and evolution by posting your links. Can you explain? Most people with degrees are happy to explain their knowledge. It sounds like you went from discussing genomes, chromasomes, and the human genome project, BioLogos Francis Collins to biology (?).

As for the former part, you did not explain so how am I suppose to verify your credentials? I am not a mind reader nor can tell who I am debating with. Can you explain primatology and how it relates to your points on evolution? What courses does one have to take in order to get your degree? I know anthro covers both social and hard science. Some may not cover hard science very much. It should include math.

Go ahead and run away if my asking for verification means ad hominem attack. That would be very weak willed of you.

Addressing the non-hate part of your post, it seems I have to do the work for you and read what you mean. I don't even know what you mean and how it relates to our discussion and evolution by posting your links. Can you explain? Most people with degrees are happy to explain their knowledge. It sounds like you went from discussing genomes, chromasomes, and the human genome project, BioLogos Francis Collins to biology (?).

As for the former part, you did not explain so how am I suppose to verify your credentials? I am not a mind reader nor can tell who I am debating with. Can you explain primatology and how it relates to your points on evolution? What courses does one have to take in order to get your degree? I know anthro covers both social and hard science. Some may not cover hard science very much. It should include math.

Go ahead and run away if my asking for verification means ad hominem attack. That would be very weak willed of you.
None of it is important buddy.

Do we need to know who you are to discuss your position?

None of it is important buddy.

Do we need to know who you are to discuss your position?

You are arguing with someone who thinks there is science in creationism...

"Can you explain primatology and how it relates to your points on evolution?"

If you are really curious, I recommend this book;

Kanzi: The Ape at the Brink of the Human Mind 1st Edition
41tYeXKkiyL._SX314_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

https://www.amazon.com/Kanzi-Ape-Brink-Human-Mind/dp/047115959X&tag=ff0d01-20

Incidentally, I recently heard Kanzi is still alive and doing fine. He is now teaching his son.

Formulate a logical argument instead of making empty threats on a forum.

Alright, smartass. I'll see you in the Bull Ring. You're in big trouble, mister. I just woke up, though, so gonna make breakfast and feed the birds and whatnot. Maybe watch the sun come up with a hot beverage. The early bird catches the worm. Or so they say.

Watch the sun come up is thanks to God. He created the sun, moon, and planets on the 4th day. Not evolution. How did the sun form? How did it end up so that it is in the middle of our solar system and we revolve around it? That's a suggested start.
Did you know that some of the lights up in the sky are not stars, but whole galaxies?

The first link mentions published papers, but no link to them, gee I wonder why.....

Here is the first paper mentioned, note the ABSTRACT doesn't support their narrative at all

Occurrence of Pollen and Spores in the Roraima Formation of Venezuela and British Guiana

Abstract
THE discovery of pollen and spores in beds considered Precambrian (Proterozoic) has received brief notice in geological journals and the press1–3. Individual authors will doubtless publish detailed stratigraphic and palynologic accounts of the occurrence in due course. Meanwhile it is considered desirable to give an outline of the facts of the case before distorted interpretations develop from inadequate data. The following summary statement has been prepared jointly by several members of the Asociación Venezolana de Geología, Minería y Petróleo. A single author is nominated to simplify bibliographic references.

The next paper doesn't help either:

Sahni, B., “Microfossils and the Salt Range Thrust,” Proceedings of the NAS, India, 1945, pp. i-xix

Not found on the internet outside of Genesis Park website.

The next paper mentioned, was not found on google search, got a 1946 paper instead.

Coates, J. et al., “Age of Saline Series in the Punjab Salt Range,” Nature 155, 1945, pp.

not found on the internet at all, just the mention of it is found at Genesis Park and NO WHERE ELSE!

We get this instead:

Preliminary Observations on a new disease of wheat at Allahabad.

Full text of "Proceedings Of The National Academy Of Sciences India Vol-16"

and the last paper doesn't help either:

Mesozoic birds of China—a synoptic review

"Abstract

A synoptic review of the discoveries and studies of Chinese Mesozoic birds is provided in this paper. 40Ar/39Ar dating of several bird-bearing deposits in the Jehol Group has established a geochronological framework for the study of the early avian radiation. Chinese Mesozoic birds had lasted for at least 11 Ma during about 131 Ma and 120 Ma (Barremian to Aptian) of the middle and late Early Cretaceous, respectively. In order to further evaluate the change of the avian diversity in the Jehol Biota, six new orders and families are erected based on known genera and species, which brings the total number of orders of Chinese Mesozoic birds to 15 and highlights a remarkable radiation ever since the first appearance of birds in the Late Jurassic. Chinese Early Cretaceous birds had experienced a significant differentiation in morphology, flight, diet and habitat. Further examination of the foot of Jeholornis suggests this bird might not have possessed a fully reversed hallux. However, the attachment of metatarsal I to the medial side of metatarsal II does not preclude trunk climbing, a pre-adaptation for well developed perching life of early birds. Arboreality had proved to be a key adaptation in the origin and early evolution of bird flight, and the adaptation to lakeshore environment had played an equally important role in the origin of ornithurine birds and their near-modern flight skill. Many Chinese Early Cretaceous birds had preserved the direct evidence of their diet, showing that the most primitive birds were probably mainly insectivorous and that specialized herbivorous or carnivorous (e.g., piscivorous) dietary adaptation had appeared only in later advanced forms. The only known Early Cretaceous bird embryo fossil has shown that precocial birds had occurred prior to altricial birds in avian history, and the size of the embryo and other analysis indicate it probably had a short incubation period. Leg feathers probably have a wide range of distribution in early birds, further suggesting that leg feathers had played a key role in the beginning stage of the flight of birds. Finally, the Early Cretaceous avian radiation can be better understood against the background of their unique ecosystem. The advantage of birds in the competitions with other vertebrate groups such as pterosaurs had probably not only resulted in the rapid differentiation and radiation of birds but also the worldwide spreading of pterosaurs and other vertebrates from East Asia in the Early Cretaceous."

No mention of the word MAMMAL in it, despite what the first link stated about this paper:

In 2005 researchers in China identified a small dinosaur known as Psittacosaurus amongst the stomach region of a fossilized furry mammal that resembled a Tasmanian devil. (Hu, Y. et al., “Large Mesozoic Mammals Fed on Young Dinosaurs,” Nature: 433, 2005, pp. 149-152.)

Scientists have long said Birds lived during the time of Dinosaurs:

Gigantic Birds Trod Earth During Age of Dinosaurs

Selected excerpt:

Scientists have long known that birds, or avian dinosaurs, lived during the Mesozoic, the era when dinosaurs ruled the Earth. Although researchers have discovered numerous Mesozoic bird species, these were virtually all the size of crows or smaller.

=============

Creationists have known to lie and distort the evidence, it is their nature since what they propose is nonsense, thus have to ... he he... create evidence to support their belief system.

Last edited:
Just telling them that God created the world because science is all wet isn't much of a curriculum.

God did create the universe! The rational and empirical evidence for God's existence, God's necessity, is overwhelming. God created the world because science is all wet is nonsensical. Are you implying that the alternative option would be that science created the world because God is all wet? See the problem?

I don't think you meant to imply what you implied. Just saying.

Last edited:

The first link mentions published papers, but no link to them, gee I wonder why.....

Here is the first paper mentioned, note the ABSTRACT doesn't support their narrative at all

Occurrence of Pollen and Spores in the Roraima Formation of Venezuela and British Guiana

Abstract
THE discovery of pollen and spores in beds considered Precambrian (Proterozoic) has received brief notice in geological journals and the press1–3. Individual authors will doubtless publish detailed stratigraphic and palynologic accounts of the occurrence in due course. Meanwhile it is considered desirable to give an outline of the facts of the case before distorted interpretations develop from inadequate data. The following summary statement has been prepared jointly by several members of the Asociación Venezolana de Geología, Minería y Petróleo. A single author is nominated to simplify bibliographic references.

Sahni, B., “Microfossils and the Salt Range Thrust,” Proceedings of the NAS, India, 1945, pp. i-xix

The next paper mentioned, was not found on google search, got a 1946 paper instead.

Coates, J. et al., “Age of Saline Series in the Punjab Salt Range,” Nature 155, 1945, pp.

not found on the internet at all, just the mention of it is found at Genesis Park and NO WHERE ELSE!

We get this instead:

"Abstract

A synoptic review of the discoveries and studies of Chinese Mesozoic birds is provided in this paper. 40Ar/39Ar dating of several bird-bearing deposits in the Jehol Group has established a geochronological framework for the study of the early avian radiation. Chinese Mesozoic birds had lasted for at least 11 Ma during about 131 Ma and 120 Ma (Barremian to Aptian) of the middle and late Early Cretaceous, respectively. In order to further evaluate the change of the avian diversity in the Jehol Biota, six new orders and families are erected based on known genera and species, which brings the total number of orders of Chinese Mesozoic birds to 15 and highlights a remarkable radiation ever since the first appearance of birds in the Late Jurassic. Chinese Early Cretaceous birds had experienced a significant differentiation in morphology, flight, diet and habitat. Further examination of the foot of Jeholornis suggests this bird might not have possessed a fully reversed hallux. However, the attachment of metatarsal I to the medial side of metatarsal II does not preclude trunk climbing, a pre-adaptation for well developed perching life of early birds. Arboreality had proved to be a key adaptation in the origin and early evolution of bird flight, and the adaptation to lakeshore environment had played an equally important role in the origin of ornithurine birds and their near-modern flight skill. Many Chinese Early Cretaceous birds had preserved the direct evidence of their diet, showing that the most primitive birds were probably mainly insectivorous and that specialized herbivorous or carnivorous (e.g., piscivorous) dietary adaptation had appeared only in later advanced forms. The only known Early Cretaceous bird embryo fossil has shown that precocial birds had occurred prior to altricial birds in avian history, and the size of the embryo and other analysis indicate it probably had a short incubation period. Leg feathers probably have a wide range of distribution in early birds, further suggesting that leg feathers had played a key role in the beginning stage of the flight of birds. Finally, the Early Cretaceous avian radiation can be better understood against the background of their unique ecosystem. The advantage of birds in the competitions with other vertebrate groups such as pterosaurs had probably not only resulted in the rapid differentiation and radiation of birds but also the worldwide spreading of pterosaurs and other vertebrates from East Asia in the Early Cretaceous."

No mention of the word MAMMAL in it, despite what the first link stated about this paper:

In 2005 researchers in China identified a small dinosaur known as Psittacosaurus amongst the stomach region of a fossilized furry mammal that resembled a Tasmanian devil. (Hu, Y. et al., “Large Mesozoic Mammals Fed on Young Dinosaurs,” Nature: 433, 2005, pp. 149-152.)

Selected excerpt:

Scientists have long known that birds, or avian dinosaurs, lived during the Mesozoic, the era when dinosaurs ruled the Earth. Although researchers have discovered numerous Mesozoic bird species, these were virtually all the size of crows or smaller.

=============

Creationists have known to lie and distort the evidence, it is their nature since what they propose is nonsense, thus have to ... he he... create evidence to support their belief system.

"J.B.S. Haldane famously retorted, when asked to name an observation that would disprove the theory of evolution, ‘Fossil rabbits in the Precambrian!"

The first link was for a Precambrian rabbit which JBS Haldane said would be proof on no evolution. The National Geographic article is missing, but here's two from earlier the same year -- Fossil of Oldest Rabbit Relative Found

BBC NEWS | Science/Nature | Fossil finds are rabbit forebears

The second reference from Nature:

The next one is a book reference:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B001P8BPGE/?tag=ff0d01-20

Age of the Saline Series in the Salt Range of the Punjab

Large Mesozoic mammals fed on young dinosaurs

Living Fossils, a powerful evidence for creation, Don Batten, Creation
Werner living fossils - creation.com

You can read the GP article, the links here, and I would be glad to discuss.

Last edited:

Abstract

We get this instead:

"Abstract

Selected excerpt:

=============

"J.B.S. Haldane famously retorted, when asked to name an observation that would disprove the theory of evolution, ‘Fossil rabbits in the Precambrian!"

The first link was for a Precambrian rabbit which JBS Haldane said would be proof on no evolution. The National Geographic article is missing, but here's another one from the same date -- King of Rabbits: Ancient, Gigantic Bunny Discovered.

The first link was for a Precambrian rabbit which JBS Haldane said would be proof on no evolution. The National Geographic article is missing, but here's another one from the same date -- King of Rabbits: Ancient, Gigantic Bunny Discovered.

Ummm…..5 million years ago isn't pre-Cambrian.

Actually, when my kids were in school, it would have been kind of funny if they'd tried to teach creationism.

Abstract

We get this instead:

"Abstract

Selected excerpt:

=============

The first link was for a Precambrian rabbit which JBS Haldane said would be proof on no evolution. The National Geographic article is missing, but here's two from earlier the same year -- Fossil of Oldest Rabbit Relative Found

BBC NEWS | Science/Nature | Fossil finds are rabbit forebears

J.B.S. Haldane suggested that anyone wishing to disprove evolutionary theory only needs to discover a rabbit fossil from pre-Cambrian rock. That would do just fine. A few creationist frauds have been claimed, but nothing to challenge science.

Creation science is backed by the scientific method, so it should be taught in schools. Part of the problem is science today only accepts what is natural in the physical world. It is based on the philosophy of empiricism, but today's science does not follow it nor is it backed by the scientific method. What today's science of evolution is backed by is consensus and circumstantial forensic evidence. Why only evolution is taught in schools is because today's science does not allow for a supernatural creator to be involved in the "creation" of the universe, Earth, and everything in it. This is not science when evidence can be provided for the supernatural in creation through the Bible. It is part of Genesis and how God created the natural world. The assumption that there was no supernatural occurrence during the beginning is unscientific. One of the most basic arguments for a creator is the universe began to exist, not an eternal universe, and we have Kalam's Cosmological argument.

Furthermore, we are here -- the universe and everything in it exists! Now, if evolution and its big bang could explain in detail of how the electromagnetic spectrum, the Higgs field, the cosmic microwave background, and how amino acids formed into proteins in outer space from nothing or invisible quantum particles, then they would have a better explanation and argument with big bang. We need to have the theory fit the evidence instead of the evidence made to fit the theory. Science should not just be based on empiricism, but also on a priori reasoning in addition to the scientific a posteriori reasoning. This is all part of epistemology. We need to use facts, reasoning, and historical truths in science since not everything can be proven by scientific method.

I've read Dr. John Morris' explanation for a creator -- Should the Public Schools Teach Creation? -- and today we have a more updated version from Lee Strobel -- Strong case, but flawed by compromise (Review of Lee Strobel, Case for Creator) - creation.com. creation.com gives a brief overview without reading his book. Sorry, I haven't read his book, but have watched the video below.

Creation science quackery is clearly not backed by the Scientific Method. iD’iot creationism / creation science, and the other labels for Christian fundamentalism are just fronts for Christian religious extremism.

The industry of extremist Christians is a part of what we can call "The Amazing Shrinking Creation Model." The earlier attempts by creationists to force Christian creationism into the schools made no effort to conceal the agenda of promoting Biblical literalism. Those efforts were originally titled as "Biblical Creationism" with great candor. Faced with the correct legal conclusions that it was merely religion, they retreated and renamed it "Scientific Creationism," making a half hearted attempt to edit out explicit Biblical references... but that fooled no one. When that met an equally unambiguous decision in the courts, the new version became "Intelligent Design." In the process, the creationist movement has become progressively less candid, more angry, more extremist and frankly more pathetic.

In the same way, when creationists find themselves unable to deal with the multiple independent sources of evidence for evolution that include the fossils, the genetic comparisons, comparative anatomy, biogeography, ecology etc., they retreat further and further into really angry outbursts from the more angry religionists.

Ten Major Court Cases about Evolution and Creationism

• Thanks
Reactions: cnm

Forum List

Back