Should Young Minorities Be Allowed To Buy Guns ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
That will get expensive. Plus, you would have to ignore criminal records, mental health, and lack of training in safe handling of firearms.
You don’t have to live in a country with the second amendment,, now if you want to amend the constitution I wish you luck faag

I do live in a country with a 2nd amendment, and I support it.
Lol you support it like I want corona virus lol

I support it. I also support the 1968 Gun Control Act that banned felons from owning guns.
Then you don’t support the Second Amendment there is nothing in there that says a felon cannot have a weapon

The SCOTUS has ruled, consistently, that regulating the 2nd is not the same as violating it.

Also, the only people who want felons to be able to buy guns are felons. The Gun Control Act of 1968 was passed with huge, bipartisan support.

• Thanks
Reactions: IM2
You don’t have to live in a country with the second amendment,, now if you want to amend the constitution I wish you luck faag

I support it. I also support the 1968 Gun Control Act that banned felons from owning guns.
Then you don’t support the Second Amendment there is nothing in there that says a felon cannot have a weapon

The SCOTUS has ruled, consistently, that regulating the 2nd is not the same as violating it.

Also, the only people who want felons to be able to buy guns are felons. The Gun Control Act of 1968 was passed with huge, bipartisan support.
So it’s not in the constitution so you are anti constitution.. also are you saying a felon has no right to protect them selves? You agree with that?

So it’s not in the constitution so you are anti constitution.. also are you saying a felon has no right to protect them selves? You agree with that?

The SCOTUS is made up of constitutional scholars. I'll take their word for it over yours.

I never said that felons have no right to protect themselves.

• Thanks
Reactions: IM2
So now the second amendment is only the right of whites.

You might recall the NRA becoming pro gun control over this:

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sou...BRAB&usg=AOvVaw2qU-MP-W-Jk8RJ9W3BBaGN&ampcf=1

People tend to forget that CA's strict gun laws originated from laws passed by Reagan to curtail blacks walking around with loaded, legally owned, guns.

Indeed. I live in California, and remember it well.

The SCOTUS is made up of constitutional scholars. I'll take their word for it over yours.

Lol you can’t have it both ways, which is it? You agree with judges or the constitution?? And you agree felons have no right to protect them selves if you take away the right to own a gun, they can’t Feed them selves in rural areas.. don’t be a communist your entire life

Lol you can’t have it both ways, which is it? You agree with judges or the constitution?? And you agree felons have no right to protect them selves if you take away the right to own a gun, they can’t Feed them selves in rural areas.. don’t be a communist your entire life

Yes, I can have it both ways. They are not contradictory. If you commit a felony, you can be arrested, tried and sent to prison. Being in prison certainly goes against the 1st and 2nd amendments. But that does not mean sending a criminal to prison after a trial is against the US Constitution.

And if you think a firearm is the ONLY means of self defense, you are mistaken.

Perhaps you and the other convicted felons should have thought of that before you chose to break the law?

Minorities, as a percentage, commit most of the violent crimes in America. That is a fact. Why let them have guns?
At least we should be able to see their criminal history. With Obama's Promise Program, if it's still in effect, we can't do that.

If that's the case, then selling guns to young minorities with concealed crime backgrounds could be asking for trouble
As much as I am against gun control, I do believe criminals (those with records) shouldn't be free to buy guns. Their records should be public information, and available to gun sellers.

This wasn't the case with Nicolas Cruz, the Parkland Massacre killer, whose criminal activity was covered up, due to Obama's "Promise Program". Gun sellers, unable to see the Cruz background dirt, freely sold him the guns he used to kill 17 people.

So now we have many young minorities with criminal backgrounds, impervious to background checks. Where do we go from here ? Hopefully, not to more Parkland shootings.

Cruz had felony convictions prior to his shooting spree? Do you have a link? I did a Google search and found nothing.
No, you're right. He didn't. The justice system has long realized that sending an adolescent into the juvenile corrections system pretty much ensures they will wind up a criminal for life. However, Nicholas Cruz had such a long line of red flags in his history that I agree something should have alerted someone that what they were doing wasn't working.

I blame the school board for what happened. It is a "nice" community, and they want to play up it being a safe place for good families to live and send their children to school. Having statistics that include troubled kids like Cruz in their portfolio just wouldn't be helpful. Obama's "Promise Program" has valid reasoning behind it but it was applied inappropriately in Cruz's case.
Obama's Promise Program had no valid reasoning, and it was one of the worst examples of presidential incompetence, and screwup in US history. Everybody who agreed to it should have been arrested for obstruction of justice, if not negligent homicide.

Yes, I can have it both ways. They are not contradictory. If you commit a felony, you can be arrested, tried and sent to prison. Being in prison certainly goes against the 1st and 2nd amendments. But that does not mean sending a criminal to prison after a trial is against the US Constitution.
I didn’t ask you that .. ANSWER THE QUESTION

Perhaps you and the other convicted felons should have thought of that before you chose to break the law?
That doesn’t answer my question, do I have the right to protect my family from invaders with a gun if I have a felony YES OR NO

I didn’t ask you that .. ANSWER THE QUESTION

I answered it.

But, since you insist on me answering all your questions, should I go back and gather some of the questions you refused to answer? Give you another chance?

That doesn’t answer my question, do I have the right to protect my family from invaders with a gun if I have a felony YES OR NO

According to the Gun Control Act of 1968 (which the SCOTUS ruled was not unconstitutional), you are not allowed to own a firearm or live in a house where firearms are kept. Seems pretty clear.

Perhaps investing in Mace, a crossbow or compound bow, knives, martial arts training ect. YOu chose to commit a criminal act. Then you pleaded guilty to a felony crime. No one to blame but yourself.

According to the Gun Control Act of 1968 (which the SCOTUS ruled was not unconstitutional), you are not allowed to own a firearm or live in a house where firearms are kept. Seems pretty clear.

Perhaps investing in Mace, a crossbow or compound bow, knives, martial arts training ect. YOu chose to commit a criminal act. Then you pleaded guilty to a felony crime. No one to blame but yourself.
So a man doesn’t have the right to protect his family with the best weapon to use a gun,, you support that. Interesting.. how long have you been anti constitutionalist?

So a man doesn’t have the right to protect his family with the best weapon to use a gun,, you support that. Interesting.. how long have you been anti constitutionalist?

I did not say that.

See if you can spot the difference in these two sentences.

"So a man doesn’t have the right to protect his family..."
"So a felon doesn't have the right to own a gun..."

I did not say that.

Answer the question does a felon with a family have a right to protect his family with a gun against invaders? YES OR NO.. let’s go Mr. constitutionalist lol

We tell them the gun ban will be released in 60 days, you will treated with respect and be allowed to use the 2nd amendment, we will release the police state you live under also in 60 days.. turn your guns in..
then after 60 days we will give everyone a toll for protection. Period

First of all, if you expect criminals to trust the gov't and turn in their guns, you are just naive.

"then after 60 days we will give everyone a toll for protection" What? What toll will protect anyone?
They will when you treat them with respect, not toll tool

Riiiight. You really are naive, aren't you?

Considering that being caught with a gun could send them to jail, I doubt they will bring them to the police.

And what tool for self defense will you be giving everyone? Mace? A baseball bat?
No you will receive no punishment for turning your gun over, we will be issuing guns to any citizen that wants one after the 60 days is over.

Also, it is federal law that felons cannot own guns.

I know you said this wasn't about you, but you never answered whether you would turn in the guns you claim to own.
Still there is a federal law that bans those who have been convicted of certain crimes from ever possessing firearms which does include domestic violence offenses.

Texas, Under Texas state law a convicted felon may possess a firearm in the residence, in which he lives, once five years have elapsed from the date his sentence was discharged. This means the later of release from prison or parole. This is not true under federal law.

Montana is considered a restorative state, meaning under the Montana Constitution, felons who have completed their sentences and probationary periods have their rights restored — and technically can do things that regular citizens do, including possess a firearm and vote

Alaska - Ten years after completing felony probation, the state no longer bans felons from possessing firearms.
Alaska has no waiting period for the purchase of a handgun, rifle or shotgun. There is no requirement to register any firearm with the state of Alaska.

yet State laws say differently
But with Obama's Promise Program, young minorities like Nicolas Cruz can buy guns ANYTIME, with gun sellers unaware of their criminal background.

Liberal Obama supporters cry out for background checks, but then say nothing when their hero devises a program obliterating these checks, and one of the kids protected, goes out and shoots 34 people, killing 17 of them.

Sorry you just reading to many right wing sites. The program that you referred to was being pushed as an obama initiative but in reality it was a local program

Broward County, Florida program called PROMISE (Preventing Recidivism Through Opportunities, Mentoring, Interventions, Support and Education.) PROMISE was begun in 2013 by the Broward County School District and Nova Southeastern University in Fort Lauderdale; it is an intervention program for student behavior that would otherwise prompt a suspension, expulsion or arrest

this program was a local initiative and did not involve federal agencies or Obama

I am sure OB welcome the local initiative as an intervention for trouble youth but it was hardly a federal program and had nothing to do with OB

But that doesn't stop right wing from tying the two together to make some statement

Also if I remember correctly Cruz had already left school and as soon as he was of age and able to buy a gun , he did get a gun

look at Florida state laws which allow 18 year old kids to possess fire arms
1. The program originated from Obama. You create it, you own it.

2. Doesn't matter if Cruz out of school. Point is the PP kept his bad record hidden from gun sellers, in school or not.

PROMISE Program Getting Very Little Press

Parkland Parents Mad About the PROMISE Program-Look To Oust School Board

Overseer of Broward Schools' PROMISE Program Getting Big Rai$e

What Punishment for PROMISE Program leaders ?
Did someone mention Former President OBAMA??
images
:yourpointsmile:

I did not say that.

Answer the question does a felon with a family have a right to protect his family with a gun against invaders? YES OR NO.. let’s go Mr. constitutionalist lol

As a convicted felon, you have forfeited your 2nd amendment rights.

It should be noted that despite all the understandable hubbub in Broward County, Florida, there have been Promise Programs in about 50 or more other places all around the US.

Whether mass shootings there are connected to a PP or not, would be an interesting subject for investigation.

I did not say that.

As a convicted felon, you have forfeited your 2nd amendment rights.
According to the amendment to the constitution correct? Heheh

P
Still there is a federal law that bans those who have been convicted of certain crimes from ever possessing firearms which does include domestic violence offenses.

Texas, Under Texas state law a convicted felon may possess a firearm in the residence, in which he lives, once five years have elapsed from the date his sentence was discharged. This means the later of release from prison or parole. This is not true under federal law.

Montana is considered a restorative state, meaning under the Montana Constitution, felons who have completed their sentences and probationary periods have their rights restored — and technically can do things that regular citizens do, including possess a firearm and vote

Alaska - Ten years after completing felony probation, the state no longer bans felons from possessing firearms.
Alaska has no waiting period for the purchase of a handgun, rifle or shotgun. There is no requirement to register any firearm with the state of Alaska.

yet State laws say differently
But with Obama's Promise Program, young minorities like Nicolas Cruz can buy guns ANYTIME, with gun sellers unaware of their criminal background.

Liberal Obama supporters cry out for background checks, but then say nothing when their hero devises a program obliterating these checks, and one of the kids protected, goes out and shoots 34 people, killing 17 of them.

Sorry you just reading to many right wing sites. The program that you referred to was being pushed as an obama initiative but in reality it was a local program

Broward County, Florida program called PROMISE (Preventing Recidivism Through Opportunities, Mentoring, Interventions, Support and Education.) PROMISE was begun in 2013 by the Broward County School District and Nova Southeastern University in Fort Lauderdale; it is an intervention program for student behavior that would otherwise prompt a suspension, expulsion or arrest

this program was a local initiative and did not involve federal agencies or Obama

I am sure OB welcome the local initiative as an intervention for trouble youth but it was hardly a federal program and had nothing to do with OB

But that doesn't stop right wing from tying the two together to make some statement

Also if I remember correctly Cruz had already left school and as soon as he was of age and able to buy a gun , he did get a gun

look at Florida state laws which allow 18 year old kids to possess fire arms
1. The program originated from Obama. You create it, you own it.

2. Doesn't matter if Cruz out of school. Point is the PP kept his bad record hidden from gun sellers, in school or not.

PROMISE Program Getting Very Little Press

Parkland Parents Mad About the PROMISE Program-Look To Oust School Board

Overseer of Broward Schools' PROMISE Program Getting Big Rai$e

What Punishment for PROMISE Program leaders ?
Did someone mention Former President OBAMA??
images
lol poor guy was in over his head haha what an embarrassment
What are you talking about ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back