Show us please where the Bible says not to associate with gays or other sinners

How is a business discriminating against gays part of Christianity? Was under the impression Christians deliberately sought out sinners to minister to, not avoid them.
2 Corinthians 6:14. 1 Corinthians 5:9 read them.

Commentary on this passage here,
2 Corinthians 6 Commentary - Unequal Yoking with Unbelievers - BibleGateway.com

Ok, so you're taking something Paul (probably didn't) write (as the commentary mentions) and extrapolating it for anything you don't like? So then why would Christians go anywhere to try and spread the Gospel if they're not to associate themselves with non-Christians?

As to 1 Cor 5, did you not read verse 1?

"1 It is actually reported that there is sexual immorality among you, and of a kind that does not occur even among pagans: A man has his father's wife."

It's about incest, not homosexuality. 'Pagans' did enjoy homosexuality. And that he goes on to say in the next verse,

10 not at all meaning the people of this world who are immoral, or the greedy and swindlers, or idolaters. In that case you would have to leave this world.

Suggests he thinks the entire world is immoral. Which begs the question then why you'd open a business to serve the public if the entire public is immoral.

Does anybo
Wow, still nothing. No one can show where a Bible says to discriminate against gays and sinners huh? Weird. Are you guys sure that that's part of Christianity then?
The Bible says to discriminate against a whole bunch of things. Really, if you want to know go study the Bible instead of demanding to be spoon fed.

And yet, no chapter and verse. You sure it does, or are you repeating something you heard somewhere?
King James Bible Judges19:22
"Now as they were making their hearts merry, behold, the men of the city, certain sons of Belial, beset the house round about, and beat at the door, and spake to the master of the house, the old man, saying, Bring forth the man that came into thine house, that we may know him."
Later versions interpret the bold setting as that "we may know him"=we can have sex with him.
"Belial"=worthless fellows

Paul makes the reference to the above quote in: 2 Corinthians 6:15
"What harmony is there between Christ and Belial? Or what does a believer have in common with an unbeliever?"
2 Corinthians 6:14
Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? and what communion hath light with darkness?

Judges is a Jewish text. Plus it isn't about not associating with people. At least not in the context in question.

Associating with sinners doesn't mean joining them and committing the sin yourself.
So, you think you need to have sex if you are ghey???? Do you stay away from straight couple because they could be swingers?
Gay is nothing but about having sex.

So as a bisexual I'm not bisexual since I haven't had sex in...Well, a while? :) No celibate priest on Earth is straight since they aren't having sex?

Suggests he thinks the entire world is immoral. Which begs the question then why you'd open a business to serve the public if the entire public is immoral.
Not just Paul, the common theme is the world is fallen and even ruled by Satan. That's pretty basic stuff. Also you still don't understand that serving your fellow man doesn't mean assisting him with anything he dreams up that conflicts with biblical morality.

Does anybo
Wow, still nothing. No one can show where a Bible says to discriminate against gays and sinners huh? Weird. Are you guys sure that that's part of Christianity then?
The Bible says to discriminate against a whole bunch of things. Really, if you want to know go study the Bible instead of demanding to be spoon fed.

And yet, no chapter and verse. You sure it does, or are you repeating something you heard somewhere?
King James Bible Judges19:22
"Now as they were making their hearts merry, behold, the men of the city, certain sons of Belial, beset the house round about, and beat at the door, and spake to the master of the house, the old man, saying, Bring forth the man that came into thine house, that we may know him."
Later versions interpret the bold setting as that "we may know him"=we can have sex with him.
"Belial"=worthless fellows

Paul makes the reference to the above quote in: 2 Corinthians 6:15
"What harmony is there between Christ and Belial? Or what does a believer have in common with an unbeliever?"
2 Corinthians 6:14
Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? and what communion hath light with darkness?

Judges is a Jewish text. Plus it isn't about not associating with people. At least not in the context in question.
Judges was referred to by Paul in regard not to associate with faggots. Read the whole post.

Delta,
HAPPY EASTER to you! …and leave the little bunnies alone, OK?

Associating with sinners doesn't mean joining them and committing the sin yourself.
So, you think you need to have sex if you are ghey???? Do you stay away from straight couple because they could be swingers?

So as a bisexual I'm not bisexual since I haven't had sex in...Well, a while? :) No celibate priest on Earth is straight since they aren't having sex?
Gay is a mental disorder, period.

Are you sure? Seems to me everyone in charge of the world is usually straight. And given how screwed up things are...:)

Are you sure? Seems to me everyone in charge of the world is usually straight. And given how screwed up things are...:)
Ever heard of AIDS?

Try to research what's the reason of it. Maybe you will find it has something to do with efforts in depopulating the globe. Maybe it has something to do with: "Because Toxoplasmosa gondii is latent in the brains of a third to fully half of the human population there is a huge potential for hijacking the parasite in-vivo. This infection of T. gondii would simultaneously awaken it from its dormancy into an acute symptomatic stage of reproduction with a palette of nearly random neurological effects to induce behavioral modification of wild extremes." Then again maybe not, however it is unexplainable to see straight family men all of a sudden leaving their children and wives to become faggots in an alarmingly growing numbers.

Because of satan.

How is a business discriminating against gays part of Christianity? Was under the impression Christians deliberately sought out sinners to minister to, not avoid them.

I support the gay community, I have a lot of gay friends, and its btw them and their God.....now with that being said, Read the story of sodom and gomorrah...it talks about how displeased God was with homosexuality....just sayin

The Bible, both the Old and new Testament, condemns homosexuality. However, with regard to how gays are to be treated by Christians, I am unaware of a specific Biblical reference. The Bible does state that those who are guilty of certain transgressions should be avoided (shunned), but there is no specific mention of homosexuality. Here are the relevant verses from the KJV:

“Whosoever transgresseth, and abideth not in the doctrine of Christ, hath not God. He that abideth in the doctrine of Christ, he hath both the Father and the Son. If there come any unto you, and bring not this doctrine, receive him not into your house, neither bid him God speed: For he that biddeth him God speed is partaker of his evil deeds” (2 John:9-11)..

“Now we command you, brethren, in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye withdraw yourselves from every brother that walketh disorderly, and not after the tradition which he received of us” (2 Thessalonians 3:6).

“And if any man obey not our word by this epistle, note that man, and have no company with him, that he may be ashamed.” (2 Thessalonians 3:14).

“But now I have written unto you not to keep company, if any man that is called a brother be a fornicator, or covetous, or an idolator, or a railer, or a drunkard, or an extortioner; with such an one no not to eat. For what have I to do to judge them also that are without? do not ye judge them that are within? But them that are without God judgeth. Therefore put away from among yourselves that wicked person” (1 Corinthians:11-13).

Note: I simply presented the verses verbatim. I will let others debate their meaning and their applicability to gays. As for me, I'm outta here.

I think this direct and reasonable question could be a wonderful conversation-starter with a business owner who wanted to discriminate. Perhaps a few hearts and minds could be changed and some real momentum could begin towards opening minds and creating some real communication and healing.

Of course, I'd rather change hearts and minds, than egotistically intimidate, punish, insult, damage, threaten and control, control, control. Crazy me, I'd actually like to see people get along.

Last edited:

Because of satan.
The only angel to kick Gods' ass....

Forum List

Back