Sick Of Waiting, Woman Takes Down South Carolina Confederate Flag Herself:

malbear, blab on, son.

It will be down before sundown tomorrow.

malbear, blab on, son.

It will be down before sundown tomorrow.

I couldn't care less whether it's down or up. I don't live in SC.

Doesn't change the fact that this wasn't an act of civil disobedience. Nor was it something to admire.

Wasn't something to get particularly upset about either. Just an idiot looking for her 15 minutes.

Yes, it was an act of civil disobedience.

Your disagreement means nothing.

Yes, it was an act of civil disobedience.

Your disagreement means nothing.

wrong. it isn't civil disobedience just because YOU say so.

It is ONLY civil disobedience if the person broke the same law that they are protesting.

Was she protesting trespassing laws?

The law concerning actually removing the flag didn't even apply her to because legally she was unable to even get near the flag.

So tell me Jake, was she protesting the law against trespassing? If not , it wasn't civil disobedience

malbear, you don't define civil disobedience, get that straight.

The lady calls disobedience, as does her millions of supporters.

You don't count on this.

The stupid slut was arrested and the flag raised back to its position of honor. ..... :thup:

So, so, because she is a woman, you decided to call her a "stupid slut".

Uhm, interesting.

Were it not for the fact that you are muslim terrorist loving-type, the GOP is normally looking for rattraps like you to do some really great female voter outreach for them.

Continue, most definitely! Allahu fuckbar in the assbar!!!

The slut was arrested and the flag raised back to its position of honor. ..... :thup:

Nice threadkill..........:cool-45:........

Well, he's a Rightie. You don't expect him to be intelligent or cultivated, do you? Nor would you expect him, as a fucked- up Rightie, to respect women, or?

Nope, our Sunni-Terrorist-Lover just did USMB a favor. He reminded us all once again how gross Righties are.

Thanks, Sunniturdball.

LOL,

There never was peace between the two. Blacks come into our communities and destroy them...What happened is whites got the fuck out in a process called white flight. Integration was a crock and will always be a crock as long as blacks destroy and kill whites as they do. Whites don't want to raise their families around this shit.

Blacks kill twice as many whites in raw numbers each year. Yet, hey lets have peace and accept this injustice against us.

Until blacks shape up they can go to hell.

I love it when vile racists show their asses. Thanks!

I bet there will be more outrage about this on the right than about Roof's actions.

oh come on, i haven't seen anyone actually happy about what Roof did (note I haven't gone down to the racism sub forum no doubt there are some morons down there who admire him)

This is the SECOND thread I've seen with liberals being happy about someone breaking the law over a damn flag though.

breaking what law? the lady who climbed the pole has my admiration----I am
unable to climb up poles. Good she did
not fall. You want to call that a "crime"??

If you can't even acknowledge that she DID break the law, we can't have any sort of discussion.

Yes, she broke the law in her state.

And?

She also engaged in civil disobedience.

It has happened a lot in our history.

Get over yourself and learn to debate like a real adult.

I can understand her compassion and drive, but it is miss-placed badly. She should be working to keep the flag in it's historical context, and not allow it to be used for any other outside reasoning other than that. A group made up with her as a member of it, and in which would or should be made up to have whites and blacks involved equally, could be called "The Guardians of the Flag's of Our Nation (TGFN). The group would be tasked to guard the flags, and to keep them within their historical context, and to keep them within the historical significance they hold in all things known about them in this nation at all times. If a flag is to be used outside of the historical context in which it remains in, then it could be submitted for in permission of by this way in writing as to the reasoning and purpose for which it would be used for, and then a committee would then decide upon that action in which it would be given or granted to for such reasons as were submitted for review by the committee in charge of such actions and allowances there of that would be taken.

Example: If Hollywood is wanting to use a flag in a movie so to speak, then it should have to go before a gov. committee made up of individuals like this lady and other members of society who are not subjected to one race alone, and then that body would decide as to whether it would grant permission for it to be used within the historical context in which it would be used for or any other context in which it would be used for.

Example: Hollywood may ask for permission to use the Rebel flag for the purpose of creating the Dukes of Hazard, and next the panel would ask Hollywood well what is the reason for using this flag ? Next Hollywood might say that it just wants to use it to represent a country lifestyle chocked full of over-all's, Daisy Duke shorts, Moonshine, Fast Cars, Pickup trucks, Dirt Roads, and also give some examples of the bad parts in which is wrong with some of that lifestyle still (but not all of it), when they show how there are still characters like "Boss Hog" who might still be out there, and still working it in a crooked manor like he was in that film script.

They (the panel) look at it all next and say (OK) you have permission to use the flag in that script or theme, because it is a balanced attempt to show all aspects in this film of what is good and what is bad in society within a complete lifestyle and it's depiction of, and therefore we see this as a proper usage of the flag in that way. Permission granted!

The same could be said in the using of the American flag as well, and on and on it could all go in that way.

Last edited:
There never was peace between the two. Blacks come into our communities and destroy them...What happened is whites got the fuck out in a process called white flight. Integration was a crock and will always be a crock as long as blacks destroy and kill whites as they do. Whites don't want to raise their families around this shit.

Blacks kill twice as many whites in raw numbers each year. Yet, hey lets have peace and accept this injustice against us.

Until blacks shape up they can go to hell.
Integration of the various races (sub-species) is not only possible it is inevitable. But it is a natural and gradual (evolutionary) process which cannot be accelerated by the force of collective will or by the imposition of laws. In fact, any attempt to bring about integration by forceful or impetuous means will unavoidably retard the process and is likely to have a counterproductive effect -- as is evident in Matthew's message (above) in which we may rest assured he speaks for a great many White Americans.

The striking of the Confederate battle flag from public facilities has come about via the natural process of gradual integration. It could not have taken place twenty or more years ago -- regardless of how many Negroes were massacred by a psychopathic racist. But the action of striking that flag undoubtedly has engendered and/or intensified the resentment of many Southern Whites, many (most?) of whom do not associate the battle flag with approval of slavery but with other aspects of regional pride.

"The American Negro will not be truly free until the word, nig ger, no longer troubles him. Because the striking of chains and the death of Jim Crow does not free the mind." (James Baldwin)

No one is afraid of you guys, JimBowie, not in the least. What a Mighty Girl picture.

Sick Of Waiting, Woman Takes Down South Carolina Confederate Flag Herself:

Sick Of Waiting, Woman Takes Down South Carolina Confederate Flag Herself
A pro-flag rally is planned for later on Saturday.
THINKPROGRESS.ORG

The she gets her stupid ass arrested and the flag will be there again tomorrow. Progressives are so fucking stupid.
Lots of arrests in civil protest. Nothing new.

Still, she got her stupid ass arrested and the flag will be back up.

It was back up within the hour.
And down within 24.

Is it up now or not?

I bet there will be more outrage about this on the right than about Roof's actions.

oh come on, i haven't seen anyone actually happy about what Roof did (note I haven't gone down to the racism sub forum no doubt there are some morons down there who admire him)

This is the SECOND thread I've seen with liberals being happy about someone breaking the law over a damn flag though.

breaking what law? the lady who climbed the pole has my admiration----I am
unable to climb up poles. Good she did
not fall. You want to call that a "crime"??

If you can't even acknowledge that she DID break the law, we can't have any sort of discussion.

Yes, she broke the law in her state.

And?

She also engaged in civil disobedience.

It has happened a lot in our history.

Get over yourself and learn to debate like a real adult.

You and Jake are stupid.

civil disobedience has a definition. It means YOU intentionally break a law to dispute the validity of that law.

If this woman had went and killed someone to protest the flag, would you have said "oh civil disobedience right there?

You illiterate morons.

malbear, now you are saying what we are saying, you moron.

Forum List

Back