Sign the Petition. BRING BACK OUR OLD FORUM.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh, is that why it's blank for me? I use the shit out of AdBlock! :)

That kind of stuff is why Supporters are important to the site.

If everybody wasn't blocking ads, there'd be less reason to use features such as customized user titles as perks for monetary contributions.

What's a FN key? I did mine on my monitor buttons. It was a PITA.
she's prolly using a laptop. I ended up using the monitor dimming adjustment which also was difficult to find :oops: as I had to scroll through a menu i hadn't opened up in 5 yrs :p

Face it.

If this had been the original format and there was a switch to what was the actual original then you'd still bitch.

"Change is inherently evil."

That attitude is contributing mightily to America's slide into Third World status.

The conversion is done...there's no going back.

But, it should be quite easy to update the smilie list.

Also, please get our albums up and running.

Yes, with new smileys and the option to have a profile pic or albums, this upgrade would not be so bad. It just takes some getting used to, like anything else. It kind of stinks for me and perhaps other newbies because I was just starting to get used to this forum and now it's changed. Lol! Oh well!!

Oh, is that why it's blank for me? I use the shit out of AdBlock! :)

I'm guessing, but I keep hearing people refer to all these ads that are just nonexistent on my screen, and I was already running AdBlock before the sea change.

If only it were that simple ;)

Be specific about what you don't like. Saying it sucks I don't like it helps us with nothing. Be specific please

Search is not working Properly. Unable to find my past posts , or that of others very easily.

Takes way too long to relocate threads I was participating in . Once on the thread , it's more time consuming to follow it and the various posters participating- it requires additional clicks.

When posting the quote feature [ quote box] is gone.

Plug Ins aren't loading [shockwave] , that may be on my end- but don't have problems on other sites.

Oh yes .... The smilees don't forget the smilees ...how can you have a serious conversation without the proper smilees - I click on the smilee icon and nothing happens ...Oy Vay !

This forum is almost as good an idea as "New Coke". I am beginning to suspect that it may result in my spending more time doing more productive things.

Why would you assume that? Because 7 hours have gone by with the new software, and your concerns haven't been catered to yet to your satisfaction?

Piss off.
Probably because advertisements are there and that is the least likely thing that websites are going to allow you to filter off. I too assume that I am SOL as I have the same request. Anything on that Cereal?

And background color seems to be on everyone list. I never really noticed it and it really is not that big of a deal to me but I think the old grey would be nicer to have and bring back some of the old 'feel' of USMB. Is that something that might be possible?

Then again, I could just assume that others are being whiny idiots and go with your assertion....

That kind of stuff is why Supporters are important to the site.

If everybody wasn't blocking ads, there'd be less reason to use features such as customized user titles as perks for monetary contributions.
I understand, and I appreciate those reasons. But ads are the wild west. Pop-ups, hidden malware, browser hijacks, redirects. I protect my machine and my personal information first, and am very security-conscious. Most people aren't even familiar with LSO cookies, but should be. So I block Flash also, unless I need it, like YouTube.

I'm guessing, but I keep hearing people refer to all these ads that are just nonexistent on my screen, and I was already running AdBlock before the sea change.

As someone who did not have ad block until a few minutes ago, I can vouch for that. I had ads all over my profile page. Very distracting! Ad blocker works great though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back