Silencing America as it Prepares for War

Kennedy was a POS so who cares.
"Returning to the United States in an election year, I am struck by the silence. I have covered four presidential campaigns, starting with 1968; I was with Robert Kennedy when he was shot and I saw his assassin, preparing to kill him. It was a baptism in the American way, along with the salivating violence of the Chicago police at the Democratic Party’s rigged convention. The great counter revolution had begun."
Silencing America as It Prepares for War
I think Pilger's opinion of RFK is very similar to yours, and Pilger's using Kennedy's assassination as an example of the silencing of all dissent.

If Pilger thinks the U.S. "invaded South Vietnam", does he also think the U.S. invaded France in WW1 or Normandy or invaded South Korea? Maybe he just wants to stroke the left wing idiots who avoided the draft in the 60's or maybe his sense of history only goes as far as his freaking birthday.
I'm pretty sure Pilger knows the difference between the sovereign state of France and the US puppet regimes installed in Vietnam and Korea. What's your excuse?
vietnam%20war%20map%2034.jpg

John Pilger is a journalist who's been critical of US foreign policy since he covered the US invasion of South Vietnam. Today, he sees the US being prepared for its next great imperial adventure during a presidential election year, and he finds the silence deafening.

"Returning to the United States in an election year, I am struck by the silence.

"I have covered four presidential campaigns, starting with 1968; I was with Robert Kennedy when he was shot and I saw his assassin, preparing to kill him..."

"The first to be assassinated that year, Martin Luther King, had dared link the suffering of African-Americans and the people of Vietnam..."

"The 2016 election campaign is remarkable not only for the rise of Donald Trump and Bernie Sanders but also for the resilience of an enduring silence about a murderous self-bestowed divinity.

"A third of the members of the United Nations have felt Washington’s boot, overturning governments, subverting democracy, imposing blockades and boycotts. Most of the presidents responsible have been liberal – Truman, Kennedy, Johnson, Carter, Clinton, Obama."

Today, that "enduring silence" includes "the greatest military build up on the borders of Russia since WWII."

"On May 11, Romania went 'live' with a Nato 'missile defence' base that aims its first-strike American missiles at the heart of Russia, the world’s second nuclear power."

In the 2016 campaign so far, "...only Donald Trump has said anything meaningful and critical of US foreign policy."
A truly ridiculous premise – baseless demagoguery devoid of merit, a textbook speculation fallacy.

"In 2009, Obama promised to help 'rid the world of nuclear weapons' and was awarded the Nobel Peace Prize.

"No American president has built more nuclear warheads than Obama.

"He is 'modernising' America’s doomsday arsenal, including a new 'mini' nuclear weapon, whose size and 'smart' technology, says a leading general, ensure its use is 'no longer unthinkable'.

"James Bradley, the best-selling author of Flags of Our Fathers and son of one of the US marines who raised the flag on Iwo Jima, said, '[One] great myth we’re seeing play out is that of Obama as some kind of peaceful guy who’s trying to get rid of nuclear weapons. He’s the biggest nuclear warrior there is.

"'He’s committed us to a ruinous course of spending a trillion dollars on more nuclear weapons. Somehow, people live in this fantasy that because he gives vague news conferences and speeches and feel-good photo-ops that somehow that’s attached to actual policy.

"'It isn’t.'”
One can only wonder if Trump will mention this during his debates with the Democrat nominee?
One can only wonder if anyone is buying this inane partisan nonsense, spin, contrivances, and lies – particularly with the two most recent republican presidents responsible for starting the last three wars.

And the involvement of conservative presidents with overturning governments and subverting democracy goes as far back as the earliest days of the Cold War - Eisenhower’s Iran coup, overthrowing democratically elected Mohammad Mosaddeq, and Nixon’s overthrow of the Allende government in Chile, are just two of the most infamous examples.

John Pilger is a journalist who's been critical of US foreign policy since he covered the US invasion of South Vietnam. Today, he sees the US being prepared for its next great imperial adventure during a presidential election year, and he finds the silence deafening.

"Returning to the United States in an election year, I am struck by the silence.

"I have covered four presidential campaigns, starting with 1968; I was with Robert Kennedy when he was shot and I saw his assassin, preparing to kill him..."

"The first to be assassinated that year, Martin Luther King, had dared link the suffering of African-Americans and the people of Vietnam..."

"The 2016 election campaign is remarkable not only for the rise of Donald Trump and Bernie Sanders but also for the resilience of an enduring silence about a murderous self-bestowed divinity.

"A third of the members of the United Nations have felt Washington’s boot, overturning governments, subverting democracy, imposing blockades and boycotts. Most of the presidents responsible have been liberal – Truman, Kennedy, Johnson, Carter, Clinton, Obama."

Today, that "enduring silence" includes "the greatest military build up on the borders of Russia since WWII."

"On May 11, Romania went 'live' with a Nato 'missile defence' base that aims its first-strike American missiles at the heart of Russia, the world’s second nuclear power."

In the 2016 campaign so far, "...only Donald Trump has said anything meaningful and critical of US foreign policy."
A truly ridiculous premise – baseless demagoguery devoid of merit, a textbook speculation fallacy.
What premise are you referring to?
"Sanders, the hope of many young Americans, is not very different from Clinton in his proprietorial view of the world beyond the United States.
"He backed Bill Clinton’s illegal bombing of Serbia.

"He supports Obama’s terrorism by drone, the provocation of Russia and the return of special forces (death squads) to Iraq.

"He has nothing to say on the drumbeat of threats to China and the accelerating risk of nuclear war.

"He agrees that Edward Snowden should stand trial and he calls Hugo Chavez – like him, a social democrat – 'a dead communist dictator'. He promises to support Clinton if she is nominated."

since he covered the US invasion of South Vietnam.

BZZZZZZZT....thanks for playing.

That's because Russia is not a threat. Hillary gave the Russian diplomat the 'Reset' button prop...with the wrong Russian word 'Overcharge' on it.

We're all good now
I hope so.
_89674824_missile_defence_map624_iran.png

"Putin warns Romania, Poland over implementing US missile shield"
Putin warns Romania, Poland over implementing US missile shield | Fox News
I wonder when, if ever, this subject will come up during the upcoming presidential debates?

I think we should all thank George for providing the official Russian propaganda to us gullible Americans.
Reaganomics Creator: The US Has Plans For A Nuclear First Strike On Russia and China - Truth And Action
"Former Assistant Treasury Secretary and father of Reaganomics, Dr. Paul Craig Roberts, states that the US has already planned a nuclear first strike on Russia and China, which it believes it can win because of our missile defense systems.

“Washington not only has war plans for launching a preemptive nuclear attack on Russia, and also possibly China, but Washington has a cadre of people who advocate nuclear war.

"We have people running around Washington saying things such as ‘What’s the good of nuclear weapons if you can’t use them.’ states Roberts.

"Why would the US do this?

"Roberts states, 'Russia is a country that is large enough and has sufficient resources that it could rise to the position to being a barrier to Washington’s exercise of hegemony over the world. So, Russia has always been the target of this nuclear war doctrine.'”
You're welcome.:banned03:

Dr. Paul Craig Roberts, states......

His ongoing mental illness is very sad.

One can only wonder if anyone is buying this inane partisan nonsense, spin, contrivances, and lies – particularly with the two most recent republican presidents responsible for starting the last three wars.
I don't think you can convict Pilger of being a partisan when it comes to criticizing US aggression. He's saying those who get rich from wars they seldom fight in are silencing dissent today in ways similar to how they silenced MLK and Robert Kennedy half-a-century ago.

Darn her neighbors for not wanting Russians on their soil again.
Your girl has never met a war she didn't like.
When are you leaving for Nazi-land?

"Clinton, the “women’s candidate”, leaves a trail of bloody coups: in Honduras, in Libya (plus the murder of the Libyan president) and Ukraine. The latter is now a CIA theme park swarming with Nazis and the frontline of a beckoning war with Russia. It was through Ukraine – literally, borderland — that Hitler’s Nazis invaded the Soviet Union, which lost 27 million people. This epic catastrophe remains a presence in Russia. Clinton’s presidential campaign has received money from all but one of the world’s ten biggest arms companies. No other candidate comes close."

"Clinton, the “women’s candidate”, leaves a trail of bloody coups: in Honduras, in Libya (plus the murder of the Libyan president) and Ukraine. The latter is now a CIA theme park swarming with Nazis and the frontline of a beckoning war with Russia. It was through Ukraine – literally, borderland — that Hitler’s Nazis invaded the Soviet Union, which lost 27 million people. This epic catastrophe remains a presence in Russia. Clinton’s presidential campaign has received money from all but one of the world’s ten biggest arms companies. No other candidate comes close."

The latter is now a CIA theme park swarming with Nazis and the frontline of a beckoning war with Russia.

If Putin pulled the Russian troops out of Ukraine, war would be less likely, eh comrade?

The latter is now a CIA theme park swarming with Nazis and the frontline of a beckoning war with Russia.

If Putin pulled the Russian troops out of Ukraine, war would be less likely, eh comrade?
Not if he moved them into Mexico, Eisenhower.

Putin is going to move troops into Mexico?

When Hitlery invades Poland?

What is the designation of the "first strike" missile you claim is being placed in Romania?

When Hitlery invades Poland?

From prison?

What is the designation of the "first strike" missile you claim is being placed in Romania?
The missiles being placed in Romania and Poland are there to intercept a Russian response to a US first strike; thereby, making the initial attack more likely to "succeed".
Pentagon Revises Nuclear Strike Plan

The missiles being placed in Romania and Poland are there to intercept a Russian response to a US first strike; thereby, making the initial attack more likely to "succeed".
Pentagon Revises Nuclear Strike Plan
Oh.

Forum List

Back