Simple, honest question on the ACA

So much for the "honest" question. I guess we couldn't expect any more from the usual liberal losers.

Keeping the "good" parts of Obamacare is like painting the superstructure of the Titanic as the deck slips under the waves.

The whole scheme amounted to forcing everybody out of their insurance and into a fantastically expensive medical-payment plan that almost no one would have chosen voluntarily, and then transferring ever more wealth from high earners to low earners to bribe them into voting for the people who came up with it.

The scheme would never work, for the straightforward reason that the liberals ran out of "Other People's Money" in record time for this program. It was so expensive that the liberals had to impose huge deductibles on the people they were trying to bribe, thus showing them just how worthless the program was and convincing them to vote against liberals.
I'm self employed and have always paid for my own health insurance. I didn't have to change a thing during the whole ACA transition. Kept my same plan and haven't noticed a significant change in rates. I know others have have had problems and others have gotten insurance as a result, but you are not being accurate when you say "The whole scheme amounted to forcing everybody out of their insurance and into a fantastically expensive medical-payment plan"

You were not paying attention or just lucky.

I am the only one on my insurance plan, yet I am forced to pay for coverage in case I ever get pregnant. As a 56 year-old man, I think that is highly unlikely.
The whole point of insurance is that some people pay for medical needs of others that they will never use. That is what Insurance is. If not then there would be no need for insurance and we would just pay for what we use.

Insurance isn't supposed to pay for stuff you will never need. I don't have hang gliding insurance because I never go hang gliding. If you don't own a car, you don't buy auto insurance.

Your understanding of insurance is seriously flawed.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ thing is , if you don't want to buy car insurance don't buy a car to drive on public roads . Mandate to buy health insurance is just a way for gov to get its hooks in you .
If a broke/poor person does not have health insurance and they get sick or in an accident do they still get treated in the hospital? If so, then health care is an applicable expense for every person in the US, unless we adopt a policy of leaving the sick and insured outside of hospitals to suffer... Do you know who pays for the medical care costs of the uninsured?

What the FUCK does that have to do with the price of pussy in Peking, you sniveling little bitch????

You just can't talk to dimocraps.

if your other half of the brain was functioning, you too would see that health care costs CANNOT be brought back to sanity if the CEOs within the health care industries continue to reap millions in compensation.....

And you've got the numbers to back up that claim ?

I really hope you do. I don't like these guys being paid so much....but I've never seen the impact of their salaries on health care actually calculated.

hey Slade , as i said , get rid of the MANDATE and i don't care what you guys do .

So much for the "honest" question. I guess we couldn't expect any more from the usual liberal losers.

Keeping the "good" parts of Obamacare is like painting the superstructure of the Titanic as the deck slips under the waves.

The whole scheme amounted to forcing everybody out of their insurance and into a fantastically expensive medical-payment plan that almost no one would have chosen voluntarily, and then transferring ever more wealth from high earners to low earners to bribe them into voting for the people who came up with it.

The scheme would never work, for the straightforward reason that the liberals ran out of "Other People's Money" in record time for this program. It was so expensive that the liberals had to impose huge deductibles on the people they were trying to bribe, thus showing them just how worthless the program was and convincing them to vote against liberals.
I'm self employed and have always paid for my own health insurance. I didn't have to change a thing during the whole ACA transition. Kept my same plan and haven't noticed a significant change in rates. I know others have have had problems and others have gotten insurance as a result, but you are not being accurate when you say "The whole scheme amounted to forcing everybody out of their insurance and into a fantastically expensive medical-payment plan"

I am the only one on my insurance plan, yet I am forced to pay for coverage in case I ever get pregnant. As a 56 year-old man, I think that is highly unlikely.
The whole point of insurance is that some people pay for medical needs of others that they will never use. That is what Insurance is. If not then there would be no need for insurance and we would just pay for what we use.

Insurance isn't supposed to pay for stuff you will never need. I don't have hang gliding insurance because I never go hang gliding. If you don't own a car, you don't buy auto insurance.

Ok buddy, whatever you say... Except we aren't talking about hang gliding we are talking about health care and at somepoint everybody uses health care. They get old, sick or in an accident... Regardless of which insurance we are talking about my original statement is true. Take Auto Insurance. The only way the insurance companies can pay for the people who get in accidents is because there are many more people that pay into the insurance that never have and never will get in an accident.
If you want to change the definition of what insurance is, yeah, you can claim everything is covered. However, insurance is supposed to cover unplanned events. Pregnancy is hardly unplanned. It shouldn't even be covered by insurance. That's like having insurance cover plastic surgery or a sex change operation.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ thing is , if you don't want to buy car insurance don't buy a car to drive on public roads . Mandate to buy health insurance is just a way for gov to get its hooks in you .
If a broke/poor person does not have health insurance and they get sick or in an accident do they still get treated in the hospital? If so, then health care is an applicable expense for every person in the US, unless we adopt a policy of leaving the sick and insured outside of hospitals to suffer... Do you know who pays for the medical care costs of the uninsured?
Somehow it was cheaper before Obamacare.

What the FUCK does that have to do with the price of pussy in Peking, you sniveling little bitch????

if your other half of the brain was functioning, you too would see that health care costs CANNOT be brought back to sanity if the CEOs within the health care industries continue to reap millions in compensation.....

And you've got the numbers to back up that claim ?

I really hope you do. I don't like these guys being paid so much....but I've never seen the impact of their salaries on health care actually calculated.

Envy is such a sin.

Ok buddy, whatever you say... Except we aren't talking about hang gliding we are talking about health care and at somepoint everybody uses health care. They get old, sick or in an accident... Regardless of which insurance we are talking about my original statement is true. Take Auto Insurance. The only way the insurance companies can pay for the people who get in accidents is because there are many more people that pay into the insurance that never have and never will get in an accident.
Not necessarily true. Even if everyone has an accident, all that's required is that the total cost of all accidents is lower than total premiums plus any money the insurance company earns from investing the premiums. There is no objective reason why single males or females over the child bearing age require maternity coverage. That's like including coverage for hang gliding accidents on your auto insurance.

Then there's the issue of the young paying for coverage that they don't need. We all get old, but if I'm 24 why should I be charged for insurance I'm not going to need until I'm 60? That's clearly a case of looting the young for the benefit of the elderly. We already do that with Social Security. I see no reason to expand this boondoggle.

CEO's get paid that kind of money for a reason. An insurance company would lose money without them.

One of the problems with insurance companies is DumBama decided to tell them how to run their business. Under Commie Care, Democrats (who know nothing about business) forced insurance companies to use at least 80% of premiums collected on health claims alone.

Prior to the dictatorship of business, insurance companies took that premium money and spent it other ways like making investments to help offset the cost of claims. They used that money for fraud investigations and prosecutions. They used that money to hire quality staff and personnel.

You can't properly do that with only 20% of your gross income. This is why politicians should stay out of business, because they don't know how to run it.

Thank goodness we now have a business President that understands how things work.

Not necessarily true. Even if everyone has an accident, all that's required is that the total cost of all accidents is lower than total premiums plus any money the insurance company earns from investing the premiums. There is no objective reason why single males or females over the child bearing age require maternity coverage. That's like including coverage for hang gliding accidents on your auto insurance.

Then there's the issue of the young paying for coverage that they don't need. We all get old, but if I'm 24 why should I be charged for insurance I'm not going to need until I'm 60? That's clearly a case of looting the young for the benefit of the elderly. We already do that with Social Security. I see no reason to expand this boondoggle.
Childbirth has significant variability due to the very real possibility of outcomes other than what might be expected with unassisted birth.

So, you're planning on leaving America soon??

Okay, and what do you suppose would happen to your auto insurance if DumBama passed a law that states all insurance companies have to insure everybody regardless of their record? That would mean they would have to insure that guy with 5 DUI's. They would have to insure that guy that gets speeding tickets every six months or more. They would have to insure that woman that gets into a bad car accident every two years. What do you suppose your rates would be then under AutoBama?

Childbirth has significant variability due to the very real possibility of outcomes other than what might be expected with unassisted birth.

So, you're planning on leaving America soon??

Complications are normally covered by your standard insurance. There is no reason insurance should be covering a normal delivery. That isn't an accident. It's not like the parents didn't know they could be getting pregnant.

True....Obama's greatest mistake in passing something that would place him in the history books, is to cave in to the health care providers' demands to elicit their support.
Want to know why we can't have what the rest of the civilized world already has regarding health care? Look below who warrants such high salaries and will NOT allow for health care to be cheaper and better:

The reason we can't have what the rest of the world has is because of trial lawyers. If government took over healthcare, that would result in very few if any lawsuits for malpractice.

CEO's get paid that kind of money for a reason. An insurance company would lose money without them.

One of the problems with insurance companies is DumBama decided to tell them how to run their business. Under Commie Care, Democrats (who know nothing about business) forced insurance companies to use at least 80% of premiums collected on health claims alone.

Prior to the dictatorship of business, insurance companies took that premium money and spent it other ways like making investments to help offset the cost of claims. They used that money for fraud investigations and prosecutions. They used that money to hire quality staff and personnel.

You can't properly do that with only 20% of your gross income. This is why politicians should stay out of business, because they don't know how to run it.

Thank goodness we now have a business President that understands how things work.
The catch is that health care isn't a great candidate for free market enterprise.

Health care isn't optional or replaceable by some other product - important factors in competition controlling cost.

Health care is needed because we're humans, not because we like to be entertained, or whatever. If you need a heart transplant or a c-section, or whatever, a wide screen TV may be cheaper, but it isn't an option. We're just not free to make that choice.

The damn oshitmacare plan is a tome designed to be a clusterfuck. The idea was and still is to raid the healcare insurance companies trust funds break them, and put everyone on a government healthcare policy with the same type of benefits the VA gives our veterans, The only people who will have excellent healthcare insurance after the companies fold, AND THEY ARE DAILY will be the ruling class liberal scum that make up the leaders of the dimshitocrat party. Apparently you like cuntosi never read the bill or you would have known every word boplenty said about it was a damn lie. It is also an illegaly passed bill because the supreme court defined it as a TAX, all TAX bills MUST ORIGINATE IN THE PEOPLES CHAMBER, The HOUSE of REPRESENTATIVES, The oshitscum bill did not. As for the government run healthcare, IT NEVER WORKS, because of people like the Clintons, and the dimocrat hierarchy.

The catch is that health care isn't a great candidate for free market enterprise.

Health care isn't optional or replaceable by some other product - important factors in competition controlling cost.

Health care is needed because we're humans, not because we like to be entertained, or whatever. If you need a heart transplant or a c-section, or whatever, a wide screen TV may be cheaper, but it isn't an option. We're just not free to make that choice.

Healthcare would have been fine without all the government problems. But then when they create the problems, they tell us it's government that has the solutions.

While we don't know what the Republicans are prepared to offer, I like what I hear so far, and that is they are going to work on lowering the cost of healthcare first, and then figure out a way to pay for it. That's the approach that should have been used in the first place because there are nearly a dozen ways to do that.

Insurance companies only pay the bills, they don't create the cost of healthcare. That's done by the providers.

hey Slade , as i said , get rid of the MANDATE and i don't care what you guys do .
I'm not a fan of the mandate either... But the big question is, how do we pay for it. The mandate was the proposed solution. Drop it and the program collapses and we are back to the shitty system we've had for decades. I'm extremely interested to see what the Republicans come up with

Tell the above to the 23 MILLION people who have gotten health insurance because of the ACA.....and then get back to us.

This where you lose me. 15mil were added on to Medicaid (they could have already been added previously? why were they sitting out?). All states did not offer? I don't get it?

Now young workers are FORCED (above $16K?) to buy costly100% coverage (but subsidized)? If the employer does not offer insurance (small business less than 50 employees) you must buy off ACA? At some income level you pay for it all, no subsidizes for higher incomes.

One thing that might be helpful is a low-cost CATASTROPHIC ONLY plan? But then the Insurance Company cry "not enough revenue"? Very complicated?

Commie Care offers catastrophic plans, the problem with them is that they are not affordable.

CEO compensation is like 0.1% of total revenues, so that claim is total bullshit. Envy is the real motive for turds like you insisting on limitations for CEO compensation.

Moron, I never stated that CEOs ridiculous and ludicrous salaries are the ONLY reason for high health care costs....but, these CEOs' MAIN job is to hire lobbyists and bribing elected douchebags to NEVER change the current status of ripping off health care consumers.

True....Obama's greatest mistake in passing something that would place him in the history books, is to cave in to the health care providers' demands to elicit their support.
Want to know why we can't have what the rest of the civilized world already has regarding health care? Look below who warrants such high salaries and will NOT allow for health care to be cheaper and better:

The reason we can't have what the rest of the world has is because of trial lawyers. If government took over healthcare, that would result in very few if any lawsuits for malpractice.
I don't see tort being that much of an issue.

We have states with medical tort limitations today, and it isn't solving anything.

Some of the awards sound large, but there aren't that many, they often get reduced in subsequent court action, and the harm can be far more significant than the award can cover - such as not being able to work, etc.

Forum List

Back