🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Single payer system within 7 years

Single payer has failed everywhere it has been tried but you morons still want it
Keep mouthing those talking points. :rolleyes:
for your reading pleasure

single payer failures - Google Search
The 16 countries with the world's best healthcare systems

And the COMBINED population with the LARGEST Japan at 30% is 417 million... Combined.
What is the USA.... 323 million!
You have absolutely NO IDEA of how health care works in the rest of those countries either.
For example... YOU HAVE to pay 17% in Australia as a co-pay regardless.
Plus... Canada..
Contrary to popular belief among Americans, health care is not entirely free for Canadians. Dental, ambulance and many other services as well as prescription medications must be paid for out of pocket or they're covered through a combination of public programs and private health insurance.
About two-thirds of Canadians have such insurance.
The Fraser Institute, a Canadian public policy think tank, estimates that 52,513 Canadians received non-emergency medical treatment in the U.S. and other countries in 2014, a 25 percent jump from the roughly 41,838 who sought medical care abroad the previous year.
https://www.usnews.com/news/best-co...dians-increasingly-come-to-us-for-health-care
It's you who has no inkling.

Last edited:
Single payer has failed everywhere it has been tried but you morons still want it

Which of those countries have two significant minority populations whose poor lifestyle and overall health drag down the average life expectancy like in US?
So, you admit it works in other countries. .. good for you.

And the COMBINED population with the LARGEST Japan at 30% is 417 million... Combined.
What is the USA.... 323 million!
You have absolutely NO IDEA of how health care works in the rest of those countries either.
For example... YOU HAVE to pay 17% in Australia as a co-pay regardless.
Plus... Canada..
Contrary to popular belief among Americans, health care is not entirely free for Canadians. Dental, ambulance and many other services as well as prescription medications must be paid for out of pocket or they're covered through a combination of public programs and private health insurance.
About two-thirds of Canadians have such insurance.
The Fraser Institute, a Canadian public policy think tank, estimates that 52,513 Canadians received non-emergency medical treatment in the U.S. and other countries in 2014, a 25 percent jump from the roughly 41,838 who sought medical care abroad the previous year.
https://www.usnews.com/news/best-co...dians-increasingly-come-to-us-for-health-care
It's you has no inkling.

Great command of the English language! It's you that has no intelligence or scholarship to do any research. And so you come up with a half-assed comment!

Which of those countries have two significant minority populations whose poor lifestyle and overall health drag down the average life expectancy like in US?
So, you admit it works in other countries. .. good for you.

Sure, something apparently works in other countries, but there is no indication that life expectancy, which is heavily weighted in that survey has anything to do with single payer.

None of those nations are remotely similar to this country.

Simple fact- drug companies are not going to develop drugs, do all the expensive R & D if they are not allowed to make a profit once the drug is developed and approved by the FDA. It cost hundreds of millions if not billions of dollars to develop and get a drug to market. Those cost have to be recovered or the drug companies will go out of business and there will be none left to develop drugs. It's kind of an economic reality that liberals like to ignore.

Bullshit. Most research is done by universities, not drug companies.

JoeB- typical mindless liberal, reads something and and makes an unrelated comment. Hey Joey, I was talking about drug development, not research. Why don't you learn to read AND COMPREHEND. Feel free to post a link to support your claim. Here is mine that shows the cost of developing a drug and bringing it to market, nitwit twit.

Does it really cost $2.6 billion to develop a new drug?
Drug development remains a costly undertaking despite ongoing efforts across the full spectrum of pharmaceutical and biotech companies to rein in growing R&D costs,” DiMasi said in a statement.

Simple fact- drug companies are not going to develop drugs, do all the expensive R & D if they are not allowed to make a profit once the drug is developed and approved by the FDA. It cost hundreds of millions if not billions of dollars to develop and get a drug to market. Those cost have to be recovered or the drug companies will go out of business and there will be none left to develop drugs. It's kind of an economic reality that liberals like to ignore.

Bullshit. Most research is done by universities, not drug companies.
YOU are a LIAR! Prove it! Where is YOUR proof?

PROOF! I'll have you know that JoeyB is a liberal, and therefore is not bound by your silly notion that his assertions need to be supported by truth. You see, as a mindless liberal, he relies on his feeling, and reality is for you suckers who need proof.

Hey politicaljunky- pick anyone of those countries and I am all in favor of duplicating their system here. One thing, we have to duplicate it exactly. You got the balls to pick one? I didn't think so!

Medicare would work very well and would be economical and effective.

Turns out Trump Care will keep a version of the individual mandate. If you don't carry health insurance, you pay a fine. Just another one of Trump's lies. Can't say I'm surprised.

Sent from my iPad using USMessageBoard.com

JoeB- typical mindless liberal, reads something and and makes an unrelated comment. Hey Joey, I was talking about drug development, not research. Why don't you learn to read AND COMPREHEND. Feel free to post a link to support your claim. Here is mine that shows the cost of developing a drug and bringing it to market, nitwit twit.

I don't care what Big Pharma bullshit you post here... I think everyone is kind of sick of Big Pharma and their lies.

I don't care what Big Pharma bullshit you post here... I think everyone is kind of sick of Big Pharma and their lies.
Their prices can't be regulated, now they're getting a huge tax break.

Medicare would work very well and would be economical and effective.

Turns out Trump Care will keep a version of the individual mandate. If you don't carry health insurance, you pay a fine. Just another one of Trump's lies. Can't say I'm surprised.

Sent from my iPad using USMessageBoard.com
"Medicare would work very well and would be economical and effective"???
From the people that manage Medicare: The Medicare trust fund will be insolvent by 2028, according to the 2016 Medicare trustees' report released Wednesday.
Medicare will be insolvent by 2028, two years earlier than previous estimates

How can we stop those countries from ripping off our new drug IP?
Any suggestions?

Yes. declare medicine a right and say that you only have a patent for ONE YEAR, subject to government review.

And throw guys like the Pharma Bro in prison for crimes against humanity.

Problem. Solved.

declare medicine a right and say that you only have a patent for ONE YEAR

No pharma company could recoup their R&D costs in one year.

And throw guys like the Pharma Bro in prison for crimes against humanity.

How does that protect our IP?

Yes, drugs are cheaper when you threaten to steal them. DERP!

Sure they are.

What is a drug? It's a combination of chemicals. In short, it's knowledge.

Now, if we only charge the cost of those chemicals, like the Europeans do, drugs are cheap.

The problem is, we let big Pharma charge whatever they feel like in this country, and people are desperate enough to pay that.

That's just fucking crazy.

Forum List

Back