Six Californias?

longknife

Diamond Member
Sep 21, 2012
Sin City
California-Six-States-Map-620x416.jpg

I've been hearing stuff like this for 70 years. And it's not new! It's been going on since Mexico took control of the California territory in 1822. In fact, the capitol was once Los Angeles.

Better? Or worse? :eusa_whistle:

Read this article @ Are six Californias better than one?

Does this mean we're officially done with that silly State of NE Colorado thing?

Don't know but the California one has legs:

Secretary of State Debra Bowen has given him the green light to start collecting petition signatures.

[url=http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/headlines/2014/02/petition-to-split-california-into-six-states-gets-green-light/]Petition to Split California Into Six States Gets Green Light - ABC News[/URL]

He needs the signatures of 807,615 registered voters in 150 days, making his deadline July 18, 2014.

I suspect he'll get those signatures and when it's on the ballot, there's a damn good chance of it passing.

Dumb. SIX? Just cut the damn thing in half. Northern california, southern california.

Don't know but the California one has legs:

Secretary of State Debra Bowen has given him the green light to start collecting petition signatures.
Being allowed to attempt to collect 800k signatures in 150 days isn't legs, actually getting them then having polls showing more than a snowball's chance in hell is.

I suspect he'll get those signatures and when it's on the ballot, there's a damn good chance of it passing.
Oh bullshit they've had various versions of proposals to split California floating around for years, even if voters did pass it (they wouldn't) the state legislature then US Congress would have to approve it.

Ain't gonna happen.

It will never happen. If N. Cali cut off the water S. Cali would turn into a desert.

Uh, hate to tell you but Southern California gets most of its water from the Kern River and the Colorado. So far, there isn't a canal or pipeline large or long enough to carry water from the north. Besides, the northern cities of California already sop up as much water as is available there, minus that held back by federal regulatory agencies.

It will never happen. If N. Cali cut off the water S. Cali would turn into a desert.

Uh, hate to tell you but Southern California gets most of its water from the Kern River and the Colorado. So far, there isn't a canal or pipeline large or long enough to carry water from the north. Besides, the northern cities of California already sop up as much water as is available there, minus that held back by federal regulatory agencies.

Hard to be most when 50% comes from N. Cali. I live right by the "canal or pipeline" that carries the water south so I do have a perspective on this.

Aquafornia

About half of the water that flows freely from our taps started as snow in the Sierra Nevada Mountains, and has traveled 444 miles from Northern California.

But 50 is such a nice round number and fits perfectly on the flag. Actually, we could add another row of 5 to the left or right. 55 sounds nice actually. Let's do it.

Interior California is sick and tired of being dictated to by the liberal coast.1q

Forum List

Back