Slavery: A Racial or An Economic System?

In many ways, it can be argued that enslaving someone against their will is a virtue, and benefits the slave even more than the master. American slave owners were role models for the people, and the hundreds of thousands of slaughtered confederates that fought to defend slavery were America’s greatest heroes. If we work hard enough, we can fight the liberal disease that brought slavery to an end.

Why would true Racists want to import Blacks into their country?
to make them money

Real Racists put Racism before greed the dirty Slave-Masters are what we call greedy maniacs.

And you are what we call a moral relativist who is ignorant of history.

Slavery was the norm for most people throughout history - either as chattel slaves, indentured servants or serfs. American slave owners weren't greedy maniacs; they acted according the the norms of their society, norms which eventually were questioned and changed.

Capitalism and the Industrial Revolution contributed to societal changes which caused Western Civilization to question the morality of slavery. England outlawed it, followed by the U.S. It's very easy and convenient for you to virtue signal and morally preen by demonizing people who lived in a different society in a past era. Your ignorance causes you to not see the role those people played in bringing about the end of slavery in Western Civilization.

Slavery is still practiced in much of the world. Where is your ire towards those who still sell and own slaves?

My beloved Poland abolished slavery outright in the 1300's, and then serfdom in the 1700's.

Why we could do it long before you, is beyond me.

It seems you people just love money, (Shit-Brits down South)

You were willing to even destroy your own cultural heritage, just for the mega-bucks, truly a debacle.

Slavery was clearly an economic system, it was actually akin to people hiring illegals today. (Cheap labor)

In most cases it was a business, one where slaves amassed wealth for the slave master.

Slavers couldn't possibly have been real Nationalist Racists, if so how did they bring in Blacks into their own country, and even sometimes rape Black women?

Clearly not Racist in the way I've come to know them.
Clearly they weren't racists in the exact same way you are.

5. And capitalism, a far better system, ended slavery.

“The fact is that slavery disappeared only as industrial capitalism emerged. And it disappeared first where industrial capitalism appeared first: Great Britain. This was no coincidence. Slavery was destroyed by capitalism.

To begin with, the ethical and political principles that support capitalism are inconsistent with slavery. As we Americans discovered, a belief in the universal dignity of human beings, their equality before the law, and their right to govern their own lives cannot long coexist with an institution that condemns some people to bondage merely because of their identity.

But even on purely economic grounds, capitalism rejects slavery because slaves are productive only when doing very simple tasks that can easily be monitored.

Much better to have contented employees who want their jobs — who are paid to work and who want to work — than to operate your expensive, complicated, easily sabotaged factory with slaves.” Capitalism & slavery

Capitalism embraced slavery.

Industrialization did not.

In many ways, it can be argued that enslaving someone against their will is a virtue, and benefits the slave even more than the master. American slave owners were role models for the people, and the hundreds of thousands of slaughtered confederates that fought to defend slavery were America’s greatest heroes. If we work hard enough, we can fight the liberal disease that brought slavery to an end.

to make them money

Real Racists put Racism before greed the dirty Slave-Masters are what we call greedy maniacs.

Slavery was the norm for most people throughout history - either as chattel slaves, indentured servants or serfs. American slave owners weren't greedy maniacs; they acted according the the norms of their society, norms which eventually were questioned and changed.

Capitalism and the Industrial Revolution contributed to societal changes which caused Western Civilization to question the morality of slavery. England outlawed it, followed by the U.S. It's very easy and convenient for you to virtue signal and morally preen by demonizing people who lived in a different society in a past era. Your ignorance causes you to not see the role those people played in bringing about the end of slavery in Western Civilization.

Slavery is still practiced in much of the world. Where is your ire towards those who still sell and own slaves?

The people living in giant cotton plantations while they imported Black slaves, were simply greedy maniacs.

They put the fate of their mega-bucks against the racial heritage of America.

Truly disgraceful.

Considering at the time the 'racial heritage' of America was primarily Native American.....your post is amusingly ignorant.

to make them money

The people living in giant cotton plantations while they imported Black slaves, were simply greedy maniacs.

Truly disgraceful.

Considering at the time the 'racial heritage' of America was primarily Native American.....your post is amusingly ignorant.

The Native Americans were here first, indeed.

However, the U.S.A Founding Fathers were for a White America, as their immigration act the Naturalization Act of 1790 specifically stated that only free Whites of good character were to become U.S.A citizens.

to make them money

My beloved Poland abolished slavery outright in the 1300's, and then serfdom in the 1700's.

You were willing to even destroy your own cultural heritage, just for the mega-bucks, truly a debacle.

Oh blah blah blah so sleepy....zzzzzzzz

Poland replaced slavery with serfdom, which is just slavery-lite. Serfdom in Poland continued into the 18th century; it was abandoned in Western Europe much earlier.

So get off your high horse as clearly somebody in Poland was hoovering up the MegaBucks from serfdom in the 1700s.

to make them money

Poland replaced slavery with serfdom, which is just slavery-lite. Serfdom in Poland continued into the 18th century; it was abandoned in Western Europe much earlier.

So get off your high horse as clearly somebody in Poland was hoovering up the MegaBucks from serfdom in the 1700s.

Hardly, much of Western Europe was involved in the Atlantic Slave trade much later than the 18th century.

A trade far more brutal than Poland's serfdom.

I don't like Western Europeans, and that's the point.

I think you are dysfunctional people, you seem to have no morals, or intellectual understanding, just a people who go berserk until you get your money at all costs, no matter the carnage.

to make them money

Hardly, much of Western Europe was involved in the Atlantic Slave trade much later than the 18th century.

A trade far more brutal than Poland's serfdom.

I don't like Western Europeans, and that's the point.

I think you are dysfunctional people, you seem to have no morals, or intellectual understanding, just a people who go berserk until you get your money at all costs, no matter the carnage.

You are a boring moral preener.

5. And capitalism, a far better system, ended slavery.

“The fact is that slavery disappeared only as industrial capitalism emerged. And it disappeared first where industrial capitalism appeared first: Great Britain. This was no coincidence. Slavery was destroyed by capitalism.

To begin with, the ethical and political principles that support capitalism are inconsistent with slavery. As we Americans discovered, a belief in the universal dignity of human beings, their equality before the law, and their right to govern their own lives cannot long coexist with an institution that condemns some people to bondage merely because of their identity.

But even on purely economic grounds, capitalism rejects slavery because slaves are productive only when doing very simple tasks that can easily be monitored.

Much better to have contented employees who want their jobs — who are paid to work and who want to work — than to operate your expensive, complicated, easily sabotaged factory with slaves.” Capitalism & slavery

Capitalism embraced slavery.

Industrialization did not.

There is nothing more validating for my premise than having a total imbecile....you......denying same.

dred scott
segregation laws

NEVER happened guys. Nevaa

Let's leave the Democrat Party out of it......for the moment.
i dont give 5 fux what party did it...im just not into sugar coating american history like you do, to fit your bent. Youre an obsessive recluse.

I don't use any sort of juvenile vulgarity, nor do I care what your opinion is.....I'm certain that I am not alone in that perspective.....

....but I will be accurate whether you care or not.
You're like a damn near guarantee to be inaccurate. You are an anti knowledge damn near illiterate with the way your confirmation bias has overtaken your literal life. You think quotes of opinions render absolute facts...nobody in their right mind would hire you to do any sort of critical thinking. Dunce, for you, would be a huge understatement.

"You're like a damn near guarantee to be inaccurate."

Yet you were unable to find a single example to include.....

.....pretty much identifies you as a low-level back-bencher, unable to compete with their betters.

to make them money

Truly disgraceful.

However, the U.S.A Founding Fathers were for a White America, as their immigration act the Naturalization Act of 1790 specifically stated that only free Whites of good character were to become U.S.A citizens.

Yes- the original founding fathers were racists.

And?

dred scott
segregation laws

i dont give 5 fux what party did it...im just not into sugar coating american history like you do, to fit your bent. Youre an obsessive recluse.

I don't use any sort of juvenile vulgarity, nor do I care what your opinion is.....I'm certain that I am not alone in that perspective.....

You're like a damn near guarantee to be inaccurate. You are an anti knowledge damn near illiterate with the way your confirmation bias has overtaken your literal life. You think quotes of opinions render absolute facts...nobody in their right mind would hire you to do any sort of critical thinking. Dunce, for you, would be a huge understatement.

.....pretty much identifies you as a low-level back-bencher, unable to compete with their betters.
Cool story bro but uh.. youre the one conflicted between American slavery wasnt so bad/racist ...and racist slavery was all the Dems' fault.

Look, youre just an idiot. Assnapkin Judy

Truly disgraceful.

Yes- the original founding fathers were racists.

And?

You must be a government school grad, huh?

No, the Founders weren't racists....quite the contrary.

Here's your lesson:

The nation was created based on this:
We hold these truths to be self-evident: that all men are created equal; that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable rights; that among these are life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness.
Jefferson

Now, for your education....begin by looking up 'manumission.'

Usually, the ‘Founders’ refers to these six: Madison, Jefferson and Washington, Adams, Hamilton, and Franklin.

1. The three non-Southerners worked tirelessly against slavery.
  2. While reading Ron Chernow’s book Alexander Hamilton, though, I found out that Hamilton was a strong advocate for the abolition of slavery. During the 1780s, Hamilton was one of the founders of the New York Society for Promoting the Manumission of Slaves, which was instrumental in the abolition of slavery in the state of New York. After reading about Alexander Hamilton’s work for the New York Manumission Society, I gained a greater appreciation of Alexander Hamiltonhttp://angelolopez.wordpress.com/2011/06/10/alexander-hamilton-and-the-new-york-manumission-society/
  3. Many of the other Founding Fathers were activists like Alexander Hamilton. In 1787Benjamin Franklin agree to serve as president of the Pennsylvania Abolition Society, which set out to abolish slavery and set up programs to help freed slaves to become good citizens and improve the conditions of free African Americans. On February 12, 1790, Benjamin Franklin and the Pennsylvania Abolition Society presented a petition to the House of Representatives calling for the federal government to take steps for the gradual abolition of slavery and end the slave trade. As a young lawyer, Thomas Jefferson represented a slave in court attempting to be set free and during the 1770s and 1780s, Jefferson had many several attempts to pass legislation to gradually abolish slavery and end the slave trade. John Jay was the first president of the New York Manumission Society and was active in Society’s efforts to abolish slavery. Ibid.
2. An excellent read on the matter is a brilliant book called Miracle in Philadelphia, by Catherine Drinker Bowen, which recounts the actual history and debates around the Constitutional Convention in 1787.

Slavery was a huge issue during that convention, and many of the Founding Fathers wanted it outlawed, but ran into an impasse after many hours of debate with the southern colonies whose agricultural productivity depended on it.

The Founders who wanted to set the stage for the abolition of slavery came up with a compromise involving the issue of apportionment.

The southern colonies that favored slavery wanted all residents of their states, slave and free, counted equally when it came to deciding how many seats they were going to receive in Congress. Some of the northern colonies, who mostly had few slaves and thus nothing to lose didn’t want slave residents counted at all.

The Founder’s compromise was to count each slave as 3/5 of a man for the purposes of apportionment, and when that passed after a great deal more debate and lobbying, legislators from the slave states were permanently limited to a minority. With that one stroke, the state was set for slavery’s eventual demise, and the proof of how effective it was came in 1804, when the slave states were powerless to stop Congress from outlawing the importation of slaves to the new nation.

The stage was set, even if it took 70 years and a bloody war."
Big Journalism Articles - Breitbart

I used to be amazed at how little you know....not, I accept it from the America haters like you.

Cool story bro but uh.. youre the one conflicted between American slavery wasnt so bad/racist ...and racist slavery was all the Dems' fault.

"....and racist slavery was all the Dems' fault."

Let's check,.....and educate you at the same time:

1. The Democrats are, and have always been, the party of slavery, segregation, and second-class citizenship, the party that stood in schoolhouse doors to block black school children….until Republicans sent in the 101st airborne

2. It is the party of Jefferson Davis, the KKK, Planned Parenthood, concentration camps for American citizens, and restrictions on free speech.

3. It is the party of Mao ornaments on the White House Christmas tree, and of James Hodgkinson, and of Communist Bernie Sanders, of pretend genders.

4. The Democrat Party is the oldest racist organization in America, the trail of tears, the author of Jim Crow and the bigotry of low expectations, filibustered against women getting the vote and killed every anti-lynching bill to get to Congress

5. The Democrat Party is the number one funder of the Islamic Revolution in Tehran….to the tune of $100 billion to the Ayatollahs….and gave Hezbollah the go-ahead to sell cocaine in America.

6. It is the party of anti-Semitism and Louis Farrakhan, and of the first Cabinet member ever to be held in contempt of Congress.

7. It is the party that admits its future depends on flooding the country with illegal aliens, and telling them to vote.

8. It is the party that couldn't suck up to the Castro Brothers enough, and treats the Bill of Rights like a Chinese menu..

9. The Democrats got us into the Civil War…Jefferson Davis .... Woodrow Wilson, WWI….FDR, WWII……Truman, Korean War….VietNam, JFK and LBJ…..yet they want to weaken our military.

10. The Democrats are the party that looks at the mayhem their gun laws have produced in Chicago, ……and this is their model for the nation.

And once again....100% accurate.

dred scott
segregation laws

Cool story bro but uh.. youre the one conflicted between slavery wasnt so bad/racist ...and racist slavery was all the Dems' fault.

1. The Democrats are, and have always been, the party of slavery, segregation, and second-class citizenship, the party that stood in schoolhouse doors to block black school children….until Republicans sent in the 101st airborne

2. It is the party of Jefferson Davis, the KKK, Planned Parenthood, concentration camps for American citizens, and restrictions on free speech.

3. It is the party of Mao ornaments on the White House Christmas tree, and of James Hodgkinson, and of Communist Bernie Sanders, of pretend genders.

4. The Democrat Party is the oldest racist organization in America, the trail of tears, the author of Jim Crow and the bigotry of low expectations, filibustered against women getting the vote and killed every anti-lynching bill to get to Congress

5. The Democrat Party is the number one funder of the Islamic Revolution in Tehran….to the tune of $100 billion to the Ayatollahs….and gave Hezbollah the go-ahead to sell cocaine in America.

6. It is the party of anti-Semitism and Louis Farrakhan, and of the first Cabinet member ever to be held in contempt of Congress.

7. It is the party that admits its future depends on flooding the country with illegal aliens, and telling them to vote.

8. It is the party that couldn't suck up to the Castro Brothers enough, and treats the Bill of Rights like a Chinese menu..

9. The Democrats got us into the Civil War…Jefferson Davis .... Woodrow Wilson, WWI….FDR, WWII……Truman, Korean War….VietNam, JFK and LBJ…..yet they want to weaken our military.

10. The Democrats are the party that looks at the mayhem their gun laws have produced in Chicago, ……and this is their model for the nation.

i dont read your spam, idiot

it was all about money....

the love of money is the root of evil....

it was cheaper to buy slaves and ship them here by the boatload than it was to import European men in bondage to you for 5 to 7 years to work the land....

the plantation master got to keep the 50 acres given to them per head that they brought here to till the land afterwards....when they were slaves..... headright ownership.

but when a white man in bondage to you, when the 5 to 7 years was up, they were given the 50 acres....

it was all greed.

http://www.virginiaplaces.org/settleland/headright.html

Capitalism ended slavery, and capitalism is the most moral of economic systems.

8. It wasn’t just the 19th century Democrats who engaged in slavery…..here is the latest NY Democrat Attorney General:

Schneiderman called me ‘brown slave,’ slapped me until I called him ‘Master’"
https://nypost.com/2018/05/07/ex-sc...lave-would-slap-me-until-i-called-him-master/

9. Which underscores this point about capitalism and morality.

“It is not only economically superior, it is morally superior to any other way of organizing economic behavior. Here's why.

The free market calls for voluntary actions between individuals. There's no coercion.

it's the government, not the free market, that creates zero-sum games in our economy. If you use the government to get a food stamp, a farm subsidy or a business bail out, you will benefit -- but at the expense of your fellow citizens.

Isn't it more moral to require that people serve their fellow man in order to have a claim on what he produces rather than not serve others and still have a claim?

In a free market, the ambition and the voluntary effort of citizens, not the government, drives the economy. That is: people, to the best of their ability, shaping their own destiny.” Is Capitalism Moral?

Cool story bro but uh.. youre the one conflicted between slavery wasnt so bad/racist ...and racist slavery was all the Dems' fault.

There is hardly anything more amusing than when the lying gutter-snipes.....you....post numerous times in response to my posts.......then try to hide their embarrassment at having been spanked, by claiming not to read my posts.

There is hardly anything more amusing than when the lying gutter-snipes.....you....post numerous times in response to my posts.......then try to hide their embarrassment at having been spanked, by claiming not to read my posts.
its like i said..youre just a fuckin idiot. youre ranting against a strawman and its not even somewhat amusing. You are a brainwashed propoganda spitter.

its like i said..youre just a fuckin idiot. youre ranting against a strawman and its not even somewhat amusing. You are a brainwashed propoganda spitter.

I've put you in your place....what? 3-4 times in this thread alone.

It was fun....but, you've become a bore.

Be gone.

I've put you in your place....what? 3-4 times in this thread alone.

It was fun....but, you've become a bore.

Be gone.
Your perceptions are not (even close to) reality ....as evidenced by what you find productive to do with your time. Your lack of intellectual curiousity is a blight on your conscience....but one day you'll figure that all out.

Forum List

Back