Slavery reparations?

Are you for or against slavery reparations?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not advocating paying on the value of my ancestors. The US would be bankrupt. I am advocating the monetary value of 40 acres and a mule with interest. You are a nasty little one aren't you?

What 40 acres and which mule are we going to calculate the price on?
You can forget about interest ... As that will assessed as overdue taxes.

I want documentation that any black claiming reparations is, in fact, descended from slaves.
Birth certificates or census records proving an unbroken lineage should suffice.

What would be considered unbroken?

Your last sentence again exhibits your butthurtedness. Dont be upset that your arguments represent no argument at all and would be just an attempt to defraud Black people of what is rightfully due.

You fail to understand the simple premise that because you are white, black, yellow, green or blue doesn't mean you are owed anything from anyone now.
If you want something ... Go get it ... Or shut the hell up and stop waiting for something that is no longer due.

The only advice I have given you is that you are looking in the wrong place as far as what is necessary to succeed.
If you want to continue to pursue a fruitless path ... That is your choice and has nothing to do with anyone being butthurt or a racist.

Check's in the mail Asc!:lol:

No, but seriously. The offer of a one-way ride to Nigeria on a tramp steamer is still there. I figure taxpayers could save a fortune in food stamps and other entitlements. You could also regale the locals with their great civilizations they no nothing about.

Your last sentence again exhibits your butthurtedness. Dont be upset that your arguments represent no argument at all and would be just an attempt to defraud Black people of what is rightfully due.

You fail to understand the simple premise that because you are white, black, yellow, green or blue doesn't mean you are owed anything from anyone now.
If you want something ... Go get it ... Or shut the hell up and stop waiting for something that is no longer due.

The only advice I have given you is that you are looking in the wrong place as far as what is necessary to succeed.
If you want to continue to pursue a fruitless path ... That is your choice and has nothing to do with anyone being butthurt or a racist.

That would all be well and good if we were talking about personal achievement. That thread is in the philosophy section. The OP is on reparations. How did you miss that?

I'm not on a fruitless path. Fruitless would be sitting here waiting for reparations. The fact that you cant even get it together long enough to stay with the OP proves you are butt hurt. It will be ok I promise.

What 40 acres and which mule are we going to calculate the price on?
You can forget about interest ... As that will assessed as overdue taxes.

I want documentation that any black claiming reparations is, in fact, descended from slaves.
Birth certificates or census records proving an unbroken lineage should suffice.

A document proving first that "John Brown" was a slave; perhaps a bill of sale or birth record establishing that his mother was a slave, to start with. Then and unbroken string of birth certificates and/or US Census records that establish that both parents in each generation were slaves until The Emancipation Proclamation.
Absent such documentation, there is no way to prove descendancy from slaves. The process would be rife with fraud if it was based on skin color or a families oral history.

No, but seriously. The offer of a one-way ride to Nigeria on a tramp steamer is still there. I figure taxpayers could save a fortune in food stamps and other entitlements. You could also regale the locals with their great civilizations they no nothing about.

It would cut the murder rate in half too.

I already told you that anything above and beyond the term stipulated is just gravy. :lol:

A document proving first that "John Brown" was a slave; perhaps a bill of sale or birth record establishing that his mother was a slave, to start with. Then and unbroken string of birth certificates and/or US Census records that establish that both parents in each generation were slaves until The Emancipation Proclamation.
Absent such documentation, there is no way to prove descendancy from slaves. The process would be rife with fraud if it was based on skin color or a families oral history.

Gotcha. Why would that require both parents be descended from slaves? Rape was quite a common thing back then. How do you think most of us are anywhere from 70% - 75% sub-saharan? Sounds like a ruse to get out of paying.

Sounds like a way to ensure that there is no fraud.

Should barack obama receive reparations? His children? Should the President's daughters receive the same share as someone who could prove 100% descendancy?

Last edited:
Sounds like a way to ensure that there is no fraud.

Should barack obama receive reparations? His children? Should the President's daughters receive the same share as someone who could prove 100% descendancy?

Yes. Unless you have a way to determine that there was no mental, physical, economical, or academic advantage lost. Somehow I think that the first two would stop you in your tracks every time. Just because someone succeeded in spite of does not change the obligation to pay.

After the Revolutionary War, Loyalists were driven to Canada and their land was expropriated without compensation. As a descendant of these Loyalists, or at least from the country where all the Loyalists went, I demand you Americans pay me compensation for stealing our ancestors land 230 years ago.

I'll just sit here and wait for the big bucks to roll in.

You have no claim. You have no right to come to another persons home and declare it to be yours no matter how many papal bulls are issued declaring you have the authority.

You stole my ancestors land!

Pay me.

After the Revolutionary War, Loyalists were driven to Canada and their land was expropriated without compensation. As a descendant of these Loyalists, or at least from the country where all the Loyalists went, I demand you Americans pay me compensation for stealing our ancestors land 230 years ago.

I'll just sit here and wait for the big bucks to roll in.

You have no claim. You have no right to come to another persons home and declare it to be yours no matter how many papal bulls are issued declaring you have the authority.

You stole my ancestors land!

Pay me.

Your ancestors land is in Europe not the Americas.

Thanks Sunni for the idea (sorta) re: 40 acres and a mule. :)

For.

We kidnapped them, enslaved them, should pay backwages. Fair's fair.

Who's we?

Were you on those boats? I sure as fuck wasn't.

Which black people were kidnapped? Have them step forward and we'll round up the guilty parties. . . not their kin, mind you, or other people who happen to share the same skin color as them. . . that'd be racist. No, let's round up the criminals responsible for these crimes and we'll make them pay what's due to the victims. I'd be happy to pay reparations to anyone who I kidnapped or enslaved, but if you can't find anyone I did that to, no, I don't support having my money taken to make them whole.

Thanks Sunni for the idea (sorta) re: 40 acres and a mule. :)

For.

We kidnapped them, enslaved them, should pay backwages. Fair's fair.

What kind of a DUMBASS thread ya got going this time, shit for brains?

How do you give reparations to DEAD PEOPLE?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back