Slavery reparations?

Are you for or against slavery reparations?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
You cannot put a price on what is not for sale ... So you need to be specific as to what piece of property you are talking about.
We don't currently share any more liability towards paying you anything ... Than you share the liability for the taxes owed on the land.

That knife cuts both ways ... Take it or leave it.

Sale? We don't buy anything. The government is paying reparations. Do you know how that works? Look at the land promised in the original decree. Assess fair market value using historical records and pay up. You have all the liability because you defaulted by not paying. If you don't take the deal now we will just wait until later when you finally wise up..... Plus interest.

The Dems are going to deplete their coffers pretty seriously. Better get crackin.

I see you are not familiar with the federal reserve. Coffers are never empty.

Lolol...how racist of you. I could say "blacks always want something for nothing" but I won't, because that would be racist.

Sale? We don't buy anything. The government is paying reparations. Do you know how that works? Look at the land promised in the original decree. Assess fair market value using historical records and pay up. You have all the liability because you defaulted by not paying. If you don't take the deal now we will just wait until later when you finally wise up.

Better buy some popcorn, beer and a lazy boy, you got a long wait ahead of you.

Pretty much what I figured. Whites never negotiate in good faith.

Negotiate what? Negotiate with whom? Someone who benefited by the whole thing?

What is the income of the average descendent of a slave in the United States compared the the average income of a citizen of the native country?

Your banking on the dead is distasteful to say the least, but do carry on.

What is the income of the average descendent of a slave in the United States compared the the average income of a citizen of the native country?

What does anyones income have to do with the value of the land? You are bringing things into play that have no bearing on the promise. The promise was not 40 acres and a mule based on your wage earnings back in Africa. No we did not benefit. Thats a good one. :lol:

What does anyones income have to do with the value of the land? You are bringing things into play that have no bearing on the promise. The promise was not 40 acres and a mule based on your wage earnings back in Africa. No we did not benefit. Thats a good one. :lol:

Average income would be higher in the native country??????

No, that's a good one!

No, that's a good one!

You seem a little slow. Wages are not the issue. Focus on reparations.

No, that's a good one!

We can go around in circles all night. There are no more living Americans that were once slaves. Get it?

You, not them want the reparations. YOU have garnered economic benefit from this or prove that you would be economically better off if you remained in the native country.

NOBODY alive today broke any promise to the slaves.

Whites paid good money for those slaves. You want a handout, go talk to the Africans that sold you.

No, that's a good one!

We can go around in circles all night. There are no more living Americans that were once slaves. Get it?

You, not them want the reparations. YOU have garnered economic benefit from this or prove that you would be economically better off if you remained in the native country.

Thats what happens when the dead person has descendants. Thats what happened for the Japanese. Their heirs got reparations. Whats so confusing about this topic?

Thanks Sunni for the idea (sorta) re: 40 acres and a mule. :)

For.

We kidnapped them, enslaved them, should pay backwages. Fair's fair.

News Flash:

I didn't have anything to do with it...

You're welcome to contribute what ever you want, just leave me out of it and BTW take your guilt trip and put it where the sun don't shine...

Thats what happens when the dead person has descendants. Thats what happened for the Japanese. Their heirs got reparations. Whats so confusing about this topic?

Other than greed?

Sale? We don't buy anything. The government is paying reparations. Do you know how that works? Look at the land promised in the original decree. Assess fair market value using historical records and pay up. You have all the liability because you defaulted by not paying. If you don't take the deal now we will just wait until later when you finally wise up.

Good faith works both ways as well ... And I see you chose to "leave it".
Too bad ... You were getting somewhere before you got greedy.

The many billions given to Africa in aid, by Britain, the US, France and other one time slave holders more than wipe out any notional 'reparations'.

What next? 'Reparations' demanded from Danes and Norwegians for all those raped women, stolen cows, murdered monks that the Vikings were responsible for?

The foreign aid given to Africa didn't then get divied up to American descendents of slavery.

But it went, in part, to relations of slaves.

The main objection to this ridiculous idea surely must be that dear Mr Obama would not receive a cent. Now that's unfair!

Other than greed?

Greed would be wanting more than what is due. Like white people wanting to renegotiate and already lucrative offer. Next thread will be whites complaining about Blacks on welfare.

Good faith works both ways as well ... And I see you chose to "leave it".
Too bad ... You were getting somewhere before you got greedy.

Good faith is me accepting what was offered. You want to take that away. You have no room to negotiate. Continue to whine about crime, Black violence towards whites, and welfare. You dont seem smart enough to get this is a bargain for you.

The many billions given to Africa in aid, by Britain, the US, France and other one time slave holders more than wipe out any notional 'reparations'.

What next? 'Reparations' demanded from Danes and Norwegians for all those raped women, stolen cows, murdered monks that the Vikings were responsible for?

The foreign aid given to Africa didn't then get divied up to American descendents of slavery.

But it went, in part, to relations of slaves.

The main objection to this ridiculous idea surely must be that dear Mr Obama would not receive a cent. Now that's unfair!

Actually the POTUS is descended from a slave on his moms side. Somebody was passing for white in his family. :lol:

/edit

Damn thats ironic. He is related to the first person ever sentenced to slavery.

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/07/30/us/obamas-mother-had-african-forebear-study-suggests.html?pagewanted=all&_r=0

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back