SNAP (food stamps) should be restricted to rice, flour, rolled oats, and sugar

Why is it I can make a pot of black beans with ham hocks and the additional ingredients are Mexican Bulb Onions, Poblano Pepper, little cumin powder, pepper, and two chicken bouillon cubes for less than ten dollars!?!

It will feed four people easily, so if I can cook this while not being on the government welfare system why is it the poor can not do this!?!

Again if you want Steak and Lobster then get a damn job!

Yeah...that's not happening for $10. You have to take into account your initial investment on buying the cumin powder and pepper, even though you might be using only a small portion of it. A bag of beans $2. Ham hocks... $3-4. Onions $1. Poblano Pepper $1, the chicken bouillon cubes $2. A thing of Pepper $2. Cumin powder $3. More like $14-15. But do you plan on eating the same thing every single day? And I'm sorry... but in all the time I worked in the grocery store I never saw anyone buying lobster or crab legs or anything like that with EBT.

You are so full of fucking shit you stupid bitch!

I do it all the damn time!

You want to tell the taxpayer they should support your welfare ass and be allow to waste their money on whatever you want to eat!

The fact is the Government has the right to tell you what you can and can not buy and you do not deserve to eat like the rest of Americans if you need the welfare of others!

You should just get the basic and I will tell you that a bulb of Mexican Onions is fifty cents and you can buy Mexican products and not some high end shit either!

You want your cake and eat it too, and do not tell me how much it cost to make Black beans and Hocks because I make them at least once a week and I budget my bills down to the last penny!

Why is that Progressive Liberals like to tell taxpayers what they need to give to society and then demand those like me to mind my own business when you waste my tax dollars on steak and lobster!?!

Also you can not buy a two dollar steak anywhere, so which one of is the real fucking liar here!?!

I buy two dollar steaks all the fucking time. They are cheap round steaks, and they are marked down 75% because they are about to expire, but I throw them in the freezer until I'm ready to eat them.

As I said with your meal, you have to look at the initial cost of buying the cumin and the black pepper because you aren't buying just the little bit that you are using each time, and that effects the cost. So yes, I am saying you are a liar about that. You can not start from scratch with no ingredients, and go out and buy all the stuff you need to make your meal for $10.
How much cumin do you think it takes to make that meal? A fucking cup?

The USDA still said the pizza thing was ok. Don't care what that says. Federal law gets shit on by the government all the time.

Motherfucker...that link IS THE USDA. YOU'RE WRONG. Quit spreading fucking lies and making the problem worse.
So what? Our Executive branch thinks its ok to harbor illegals.
"Nothing in current regulations specifically prohibits items sold for SNAP benefits that are cold at the point-of-sale from being heated or cooked in the store after purchase." ----Federal Registry 2016

Oh now you are changing things up... just fucking admit you are wrong and move on... or are you going to just randomly post some more links you googled without reading them?
What link did I post and not read? Do you still think I was confused about my SD link? lol..
How am I changing things up? Good gawd man

Again, I showed you the fucking link of the eligible items from the federal USDA website... yet you continue to argue with me. Stop being an ignorant bitch about this. You're wrong, and quit spreading the lies, because there are too many gullible people around here that want to believe that shit.
Its in the federal registry FFS. And idk why you want to be all ignorant about our govt giving a fuck about the law. We both know that's bullshit.

And I'm sorry... but in all the time I worked in the grocery store I never saw anyone buying lobster or crab legs or anything like that with EBT.

HAHAHA. You can't lie that blatantly and expect anyone to take you seriously.

Never... not one single time did I ever see someone buy lobster or crab legs with an EBT card. I saw people buy cat fish nuggets with one, but not any luxury items like lobster.

Why is it I can make a pot of black beans with ham hocks and the additional ingredients are Mexican Bulb Onions, Poblano Pepper, little cumin powder, pepper, and two chicken bouillon cubes for less than ten dollars!?!

It will feed four people easily, so if I can cook this while not being on the government welfare system why is it the poor can not do this!?!

Yeah...that's not happening for $10. You have to take into account your initial investment on buying the cumin powder and pepper, even though you might be using only a small portion of it. A bag of beans $2. Ham hocks... $3-4. Onions $1. Poblano Pepper $1, the chicken bouillon cubes $2. A thing of Pepper $2. Cumin powder $3. More like $14-15. But do you plan on eating the same thing every single day? And I'm sorry... but in all the time I worked in the grocery store I never saw anyone buying lobster or crab legs or anything like that with EBT.

You want to tell the taxpayer they should support your welfare ass and be allow to waste their money on whatever you want to eat!

The fact is the Government has the right to tell you what you can and can not buy and you do not deserve to eat like the rest of Americans if you need the welfare of others!

You should just get the basic and I will tell you that a bulb of Mexican Onions is fifty cents and you can buy Mexican products and not some high end shit either!

You want your cake and eat it too, and do not tell me how much it cost to make Black beans and Hocks because I make them at least once a week and I budget my bills down to the last penny!

Why is that Progressive Liberals like to tell taxpayers what they need to give to society and then demand those like me to mind my own business when you waste my tax dollars on steak and lobster!?!

Also you can not buy a two dollar steak anywhere, so which one of is the real fucking liar here!?!

I buy two dollar steaks all the fucking time. They are cheap round steaks, and they are marked down 75% because they are about to expire, but I throw them in the freezer until I'm ready to eat them.

As I said with your meal, you have to look at the initial cost of buying the cumin and the black pepper because you aren't buying just the little bit that you are using each time, and that effects the cost. So yes, I am saying you are a liar about that. You can not start from scratch with no ingredients, and go out and buy all the stuff you need to make your meal for $10.

It doesn't matter, you have to buy a shaker of it even if you are only using a dash. You can't walk into a grocery store and offer to give them a dime if you just shake some in your hand....

Motherfucker...that link IS THE USDA. YOU'RE WRONG. Quit spreading fucking lies and making the problem worse.
So what? Our Executive branch thinks its ok to harbor illegals.
"Nothing in current regulations specifically prohibits items sold for SNAP benefits that are cold at the point-of-sale from being heated or cooked in the store after purchase." ----Federal Registry 2016

Oh now you are changing things up... just fucking admit you are wrong and move on... or are you going to just randomly post some more links you googled without reading them?
What link did I post and not read? Do you still think I was confused about my SD link? lol..
How am I changing things up? Good gawd man

Again, I showed you the fucking link of the eligible items from the federal USDA website... yet you continue to argue with me. Stop being an ignorant bitch about this. You're wrong, and quit spreading the lies, because there are too many gullible people around here that want to believe that shit.
Its in the federal registry FFS. And idk why you want to be all ignorant about our govt giving a fuck about the law. We both know that's bullshit.

Nah... I'll just go with your method and make shit up and post it on the internet so that other morons will believe it and spread the lies... quit being so fucking irresponsible. Again, quit being THE problem.

So now you want mexican bulb onions and cumin powder included in the list of things snappers can buy??? That's why i said rice, flour, rolled oats, and sugar; Keep it simple.

So now you want mexican bulb onions and cumin powder included in the list of things snappers can buy??? That's why i said rice, flour, rolled oats, and sugar; Keep it simple.

No, my point is you can make a meal cheap and they do not deserve steak and lobster. People believe that the taxpayer is their personal bank account and I say forget that!

These lazy people need to get a damn job and learn to cook and stop expecting the working society to pay for their lazy ass.

I am more agree with shooting the lazy drug addicted pieces of shit than supporting their worthless asses anymore!

Also that goes for every race!

The only segment of society I will pay for willingly is the Native American Population and I know you will disagree that but as for any other segment of society fuck'em!

You can't go to the supermarket and buy a teaspoon of cumin. Well, at our best hardware store that sells bulk spices, maybe.

Good idea....no processed food....

Learn how to handle unprocessed food.....

One more time. Define "processed food".

Yeah I don't get this argument. I had for lunch a few minutes ago a frozen meal that had a slice of meat loaf and mashed potatoes in it that cost $2. There is no way I could get all the stuff to make that meal and do it myself for $2... and especially not waste food since it is just me eating. So why would anyone want to take that away from people on SNAP? I'm not on SNAP, but shouldn't the best value for the budget be what matters the most?

Whole thing is being looked at bassackwards---------->

If I have 3 or 4 kids, and my total benefit from the government in food, housing, school lunches, heat assistance, etc............is equal to 15 hundred bucks a month, how much do I have to make per hour, to make it worthwhile for me to go to work!

Also, not trying to be a racist here at all, but how many black and illegal Hispanic children have their mothers last names! Know why that is? Because if they name the father, then the government tries to recoup some of that money from them, but if they don't, everybody is free and clear EXCEPT FOR, you got it, the American taxpayer!

Finally, the system is played, abused, and broken. Now, if YOU actually work and pay taxes, you should want this system FIXED! And, if the economy is so damn good as the leftists claim it is, you should be questioning why so many people are having to draw benefits to start with! Start demanding answers! It isn't about making poor people starve, it is about getting them food, AND not fleecing you the taxpayer on top of it! There is nothing wrong with wanting to give BOTH sides a win, the people who need it, and the people who are supplying it.

You can't go to the supermarket and buy a teaspoon of cumin. Well, at our best hardware store that sells bulk spices, maybe.

For a bag of Cumin it is $.94 at HEB for the Mexican brand.

Why is it so hard for people to shop!?!

It doesn't matter, you have to buy a shaker of it even if you are only using a dash. You can't walk into a grocery store and offer to give them a dime if you just shake some in your hand....
And that 3 dollar investment will last 20 meals. At roughly, what, 10 cents a meal? lol
Divide it out. Simple math.
Aint you in college?
LOL we are fucked

But you divide it out over multiple meals...

[
Again... here is my link from the federal government. Notice... the link is from the USDA... and it says the hot prepared foods are not eligible. If you can't read, then have someone read it to you.
Eligible Food Items | Food and Nutrition Service

And the law also says illegals are not allowed to live or work here but your hero obozo gave millions of them a certificate saying they can do both!!! Rule of law has vanished under america and you can sure the snappers are using their EBT cards for all sorts of things the law says they can't.

And that has nothing to do with this argument... but that's what you do right? When you start a fucking thread and then get your ass handed to you in it, you jump to another argument that isn't related.
From your link:
  • Seafood, steak, and bakery cakes are also food items and are therefore eligible items
Since the current definition of food is a specific part of the Act, any change to this definition would require action by a member of Congress. Several times in the history of SNAP, Congress had considered placing limits on the types of food that could be purchased with program benefits. However, they concluded that designating foods as luxury or non-nutritious would be administratively costly and burdensome.

Caviar, smoked salmon, oysters and so on. Pretty cool, huh? This way you can save your money for malt liquor.

And? If they said they could only buy bologna or processed ham what that make it better? Do you expect them to make a very detailed list of exact items a person can buy? No matter what they buy, they aren't going to get MORE benefits...they have to budget what they buy so that they can feed themselves. Do you realize that you can go into a grocery store, find marked down steaks, for like $2 that are cheaper than buying a can of processed meat? Do you think there should be a rule a person can't buy a steak... if it is marked down because it is about to expire?
Obviously luxury foods need to be restricted. As the guy said, if you want lobster, get a fucking job!

Good idea....no processed food....

Learn how to handle unprocessed food.....

One more time. Define "processed food".

Yeah I don't get this argument. I had for lunch a few minutes ago a frozen meal that had a slice of meat loaf and mashed potatoes in it that cost $2. There is no way I could get all the stuff to make that meal and do it myself for $2... and especially not waste food since it is just me eating. So why would anyone want to take that away from people on SNAP? I'm not on SNAP, but shouldn't the best value for the budget be what matters the most?

Whole thing is being looked at bassackwards---------->

If I have 3 or 4 kids, and my total benefit from the government in food, housing, school lunches, heat assistance, etc............is equal to 15 hundred bucks a month, how much do I have to make per hour, to make it worthwhile for me to go to work!

Also, not trying to be a racist here at all, but how many black and illegal Hispanic children have their mothers last names! Know why that is? Because if they name the father, then the government tries to recoup some of that money from them, but if they don't, everybody is free and clear EXCEPT FOR, you got it, the American taxpayer!

Finally, the system is played, abused, and broken. Now, if YOU actually work and pay taxes, you should want this system FIXED! And, if the economy is so damn good as the leftists claim it is, you should be questioning why so many people are having to draw benefits to start with! Start demanding answers! It isn't about making poor people starve, it is about getting them food, AND not fleecing you the taxpayer on top of it! There is nothing wrong with wanting to give BOTH sides a win, the people who need it, and the people who are supplying it.

1. I am on the right.

2. I am writing that the system is fucked up and the government can tell theses lazy pukes what they can buy!

3. I say do away with food stamps or at least make those on it work for it!

And that 3 dollar investment will last 20 meals. At roughly, what, 10 cents a meal? lol
Aint you in college?
LOL we are fucked

It doesn't matter. You have to make the initial investment. You can't just tell people they are going to be able to make a meal for $10 if they have to spend $15 the first time to get all the ingredients to be able to make it.

Aint you in college?
LOL we are fucked

It doesn't matter. You have to make the initial investment. You can't just tell people they are going to be able to make a meal for $10 if they have to spend $15 the first time to get all the ingredients to be able to make it.
Initial investment. But over a span of 20 meals, he spent less than 10 bucks.

Forum List

Back