So if God didn't create evil, why does God allow evil to exist?

He doesn't allow it to exist. He tossed it away as rubbish.....angels that failed QC off the assembly line, per say.. WE allow it to exist.
Without acknowledgement and repentance and attempting to avoid it( impossible in the flesh---other than One) we too become rubbish and sent to the universes dump.
Just to show how shitty this place really is he sent his failed angels HERE.The run it, own it, rule it and destroy it-----because they HATE this fucking place.
Pricks like Trump and Charlie Sheen and all the movie stars /more than any human could want and look how fucked up they are.
That'll give you a glimpse of how awesome the Heaven must be----and the one that will come anew.
Didn't god make everything in this universe? Then why did god make evil in the first place?

He made free will. With the freedom to make choices comes the freedom to make the wrong choice. Evil is just disobedience to God, and that possibility must exist for us to have free will.
So god gave us free will to obey him. And if we don't, that's evil and He'll punish us for it.

God wants us to obey Him. He gave us free will because it needs to be our choice; otherwise, it isn't really obedience.

I didn't say a thing about punishment. That's 100% YOUR addition.
How do you know that god wants us to obey "Him". And is god a guy?

You ask this retardeness in every thread. I can either assume A) that you are asking merely for the purpose of cluttering up and derailing each and every thread on religion becasue you simply cannot bear to let people discuss religious issues without making them all about your hatred of God, or B) you sustained some sort of head injury which prevents you from forming long-term memories.

Tell me now which one I should consider correct.

Didn't god make everything in this universe? Then why did god make evil in the first place?

He made free will. With the freedom to make choices comes the freedom to make the wrong choice. Evil is just disobedience to God, and that possibility must exist for us to have free will.
So god gave us free will to obey him. And if we don't, that's evil and He'll punish us for it.

God wants us to obey Him. He gave us free will because it needs to be our choice; otherwise, it isn't really obedience.

You ask this retardeness in every thread. I can either assume A) that you are asking merely for the purpose of cluttering up and derailing each and every thread on religion becasue you simply cannot bear to let people discuss religious issues without making them all about your hatred of God, or B) you sustained some sort of head injury which prevents you from forming long-term memories.

Take 2 Midols and get back to me on my questions, I'll wait. :biggrin:

"Evil is just disobedience to God."

Defined by C12. End of story.
But why did god make evil a part of our universe? If god wanted us to be a certain way, why would it just make us that way?

If you're going to be needlessly insulting and offensive just for the sake of doing so, you're telegraphing to me that you don't want the answers, you aren't going to listen to the answers, and giving them to you is a waste of my time.

If you want me to answer, you will ask me again POLITELY and RESPECTFULLY. Or I can ignore you as I would any other snotty, ill-mannered adolescent. Up to you.
Geez, touchy today, more so than usual. :biggrin:

It was 2 simple questions. Why do they offend you?

The questions don't offend me. The deliberate attempt to phrase them insultingly does, exactly as it was intended to.

Speak respectfully, or be ignored.

In other words, you have no obligation whatsoever to be courteous or respectful; everyone else is just obligated to accept your rudeness and pretend we don't see it.

Dismissed. Again. As usual.

No one really knows...

Maybe because he is seeking certain outcomes under certain conditions.

Or maybe the certain outcomes he is seeking can only be achieved through certain conditions.

Or maybe good has no meaning if one is forced to be good.

Or maybe he couldn't figure out how to make a one sided coin.

Or maybe he is testing us to see who is smart enough to recognize that the good far outweighs the bad.

Or maybe he wants us to love him for who he is and not what he can do for us.

But whatever the reason, one thing is certain, we lack complete knowledge and he doesn't. So rather than expect him to do magical things so that bad things don't happen to good people, maybe we should ask ourself what it was we were supposed to learn from our tragedies.

Where'd you get that idea that no one really knows?
Because we lack complete knowledge.

He doesn't allow it to exist. He tossed it away as rubbish.....angels that failed QC off the assembly line, per say.. WE allow it to exist.
Without acknowledgement and repentance and attempting to avoid it( impossible in the flesh---other than One) we too become rubbish and sent to the universes dump.
Just to show how shitty this place really is he sent his failed angels HERE.The run it, own it, rule it and destroy it-----because they HATE this fucking place.
Pricks like Trump and Charlie Sheen and all the movie stars /more than any human could want and look how fucked up they are.
That'll give you a glimpse of how awesome the Heaven must be----and the one that will come anew.

Evil is just disobedience to God ...

that is not true, being contrary in itself is not evil as that is the exercise of free will it is the type of dissidence that matters, one judged to be evil would be the intolerable offense and punitive to the extreme.

the Religion of Antiquity is not about the deity it is the requirement for the individual to triumph one or the other, good vs evil to be admitted into the Everlasting ... nothing about getting along with the Almighty.

the OP is confused by their religion of the roman empire where they are led to believe only their messiah can know the truth.

No one really knows...

Or maybe the certain outcomes he is seeking can only be achieved through certain conditions.

Or maybe he is testing us to see who is smart enough to recognize that the good far outweighs the bad.

But whatever the reason, one thing is certain, we lack complete knowledge and he doesn't. So rather than expect him to do magical things so that bad things don't happen to good people, maybe we should ask ourself what it was we were supposed to learn from our tragedies.

Quite true, but that doesn't mean we don't know SOME things.

This particular question, God actually answered for us; in addition, this is one of THE most thought-about and discussed topics in Judeo-Christian history.

Evil is just disobedience to God ...

that is not true, being contrary in itself is not evil as that is the exercise of free will it is the type of dissidence that matters, one judged to be evil would be the intolerable offense and punitive to the extreme.

the Religion of Antiquity is not about the deity it is the requirement for the individual to triumph one or the other, good vs evil to be admitted into the Everlasting ... nothing about getting along with the Almighty.

the OP is confused by their religion of the roman empire where they are led to believe only their messiah can know the truth.

Sorry, I saw your name at the top, and automatically ignored all the meaningless, attempting-to-sound-profound gabble afterward.

Just thought you should know.

No one really knows...

This particular question, God actually answered for us; in addition, this is one of THE most thought-about and discussed topics in Judeo-Christian history.
Agreed. Which is how the OP was written.

No one really knows...

Really? Then why did your OP include the sentence "No one really knows" if you were trying to tell us that LOTS of people know, and have addressed the point throughout history? Why did it consist of nothing but a long list of "maybes" which had nothing to do with the actual answers given by the Bible and addressed by theologians over the centuries?

Don't get snippy with me for taking your words at their face value, son. And don't say one thing, and then come back and try to pretend that you actually said something different.

No one really knows...

Really? Then why did your OP include the sentence "No one really knows" if you were trying to tell us that LOTS of people know, and have addressed the point throughout history? Why did it consist of nothing but a long list of "maybes" which had nothing to do with the actual answers given by the Bible and addressed by theologians over the centuries?

Don't get snippy with me for taking your words at their face value, son. And don't say one thing, and then come back and try to pretend that you actually said something different.
What exactly did I say that made you think I got snippy with you?

For all have sinned and come short of the glory of GOD. What that means literally, is that everyone is evil --- there are none that do good. Since this is the case, the only way to eliminate evil (the way some on this thread wish) would be to destroy everyone and everything. Everyone and everything is tainted by sin. However, GOD has a better plan. He would save those who had faith in HIS payment for sin. Those now wanting nothing to do with GOD will eventually be weeded out and be afforded an eternal existence on their own. Unfortunately for them that will be without any godly influence of any sort whatsoever.

For all have sinned and come short of the glory of GOD. What that means literally, is that everyone is evil --- there are none that do good. Since this is the case, the only way to eliminate evil (the way some on this thread wish) would be to destroy everyone and everything. Everyone and everything is tainted by sin. However, GOD has a better plan. He would save those who had faith in HIS payment for sin. Those now wanting nothing to do with GOD will eventually be weeded out and be afforded an eternal existence on their own. Unfortunately for them that will be without any godly influence of any sort whatsoever.
So do you believe that God allows evil to exist?

No one really knows...

Why did it consist of nothing but a long list of "maybes" which had nothing to do with the actual answers given by the Bible and addressed by theologians over the centuries?

didn't create evil ...
allow evil to exist

you needn't think any further than the self contradictory statement is untenable as written. nor would it have been addressed by any of the desert religion bibles ...

For all have sinned and come short of the glory of GOD. What that means literally, is that everyone is evil ---

an example of how the religion of the roman empire became a work of evil, nipper and your acquiescence to its message.

The capacity for evil comes from man due to the granting of free will, not God himself, according to the theology.

"Evil is just disobedience to God."

Defined by C12. End of story.
But why did god make evil a part of our universe? If god wanted us to be a certain way, why would it just make us that way?

If you're going to be needlessly insulting and offensive just for the sake of doing so, you're telegraphing to me that you don't want the answers, you aren't going to listen to the answers, and giving them to you is a waste of my time.

If you want me to answer, you will ask me again POLITELY and RESPECTFULLY. Or I can ignore you as I would any other snotty, ill-mannered adolescent. Up to you.
Geez, touchy today, more so than usual. :biggrin:

It was 2 simple questions. Why do they offend you?

The questions don't offend me. The deliberate attempt to phrase them insultingly does, exactly as it was intended to.

Speak respectfully, or be ignored.
These were my questions, what is so offensive about them? :dunno:

"But why did god make evil a part of our universe? If god wanted us to be a certain way, why would it just make us that way?"

In other words, you have no obligation whatsoever to be courteous or respectful; everyone else is just obligated to accept your rudeness and pretend we don't see it.

You couldn't answer a simple question so you turn to insults. How very mature.

Have you found anyone yet who believes God created evil?

Have you found anyone yet who believes God created evil?
I found a whole bunch of people who don’t believe that god made everything in the universe.

Forum List

Back