🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

So it looks like the armchair warriors are back.

It's been weird, watching the same people who made excuses for the wars Bush got us into, turn into anti-neocon doves when Trump came down the escalator.

How could these people have turned on a dime like that?

But now, Trump blows up a bad guy and they're back at full force. Welcome back, we missed ya! But could you at least make up your mind, one way or the other?
it's funny how it works obama used drones 2200 times killing civilians and not a peep even from congress. Trump takes out a leader of all terrorist and all hell breaks loose from the left and congress.
Wingers are hypocrites. As I point out pretty regularly.

And that's the point of the thread. The tribe to which a winger belongs is irrelevant, as the behaviors can be so similar.

It's been weird, watching the same people who made excuses for the wars Bush got us into, turn into anti-neocon doves when Trump came down the escalator.

But now, Trump blows up a bad guy and they're back at full force. Welcome back, we missed ya! But could you at least make up your mind, one way or the other?

That's aside, all you do is expand on TV talking points. What out of curiosity would have been proper here? You got an opinion on that or is it just the normal FUCK TRUMP orange man bad stuff?
My positions on the issues are in the link here, at the end of the second line of my sig: 2. >>> For the liars who pretend I claim to be a centrist/moderate/impartial/unbiased/fence-sitter: Come on Jake, man up, just this once.

Some are quite original, such as line 4 of my sig: 4. >>> Band Aids, Borders, Burritos & Bejing

Just sitting there, all this time. All you have to do is ask, instead of bitch, bitch, bitch.

Bitch, bitch, bitch.

And the people who capitulate to evil and think if they hide in a closet evil will ignore them.How many loved ones have you lost to Islamic terrorists while they were just going about their daily lives?
Yes, I remember this stuff. Deja vu. Welcome back. Kind of.
and we remember you and people like you ! the kind of people that spit on our soldiers coming home from Nam and calling them baby killers. the same people that protest the killing of the worlds most dangerous terrorist Soleimani ! spout your bull to the American families that keep an empty place at the table during the holidays punk !
Do you know what my opinion the killing of Soleimani is?

Obviously not. The thread isn't about that. It's about the comical back-and-forth of the Trumpsters.

But go ahead, drama queen, keep making stuff up. I realize that's how Trumpsters roll.

Says the far left!

While you ignore the anti war habits of the far left!

How many on the far left on this board protested the illegal wars of Obama?
Sloppy attempt at deflection noted.

Can you burp out anything besides talk radio platitudes?

That's aside, all you do is expand on TV talking points. What out of curiosity would have been proper here? You got an opinion on that or is it just the normal FUCK TRUMP orange man bad stuff?
And I'll say it again: The thread is not about the general. It's about the Trumpsters.

Fortunately, I don't need your approval. But you're free to bitch & moan.
TDS
Yes, Trump Devotion Syndrome.

it's funny how it works obama used drones 2200 times killing civilians and not a peep even from congress. Trump takes out a leader of all terrorist and all hell breaks loose from the left and congress.

And that's the point of the thread. The tribe to which a winger belongs is irrelevant, as the behaviors can be so similar.
When you deflect the shit is just going to bounce right back on you
Obama’s covert drone war in numbers: ten times more strikes than Bush

Obama embraced the US drone programme, overseeing more strikes in his first year than Bush carried out during his entire presidency. A total of 563 strikes, largely by drones, targeted Pakistan, Somalia and Yemen during Obama’s two terms, compared to 57 strikes under Bush. Between 384 and 807 civilians were killed in those countries, according to reports logged by the Bureau.

The use of drones aligned with Obama’s ambition to keep up the war against al Qaeda while extricating the US military from intractable, costly ground wars in the Middle East and Asia. But the targeted killing programme has drawn much criticism.

The Obama administration has insisted that drone strikes are so “exceptionally surgical and precise” that they pluck off terror suspects while not putting “innocent men, women and children in danger”. This claim has been contested by numerous human rights groups, however, and the Bureau’s figures on civilian casualties also demonstrate that this is often not the case.

The White House released long-awaited figures last July on the number of people killed in drone strikes between January 2009 and the end of 2015, an announcement which insiders said was a direct response to pressure from the Bureau and other organisations that collect data. However the US’s estimate of the number of civilians killed – between 64 and 116 – contrasted strongly with the number recorded by the Bureau, which at 380 to 801 was six times higher.

That figure does not include deaths in active battlefields including Afghanistan – where US air attacks have shot up since Obama withdrew the majority of his troops at the end of 2014. The country has since come under frequent US bombardment, in an unreported war that saw 1,337 weapons dropped last year alone – a 40% rise on 2015.

And the people who capitulate to evil and think if they hide in a closet evil will ignore them.How many loved ones have you lost to Islamic terrorists while they were just going about their daily lives?
and we remember you and people like you ! the kind of people that spit on our soldiers coming home from Nam and calling them baby killers. the same people that protest the killing of the worlds most dangerous terrorist Soleimani ! spout your bull to the American families that keep an empty place at the table during the holidays punk !

Obviously not. The thread isn't about that. It's about the comical back-and-forth of the Trumpsters.

But go ahead, drama queen, keep making stuff up. I realize that's how Trumpsters roll.

Says the far left!

Can you stop pretending that you are some type of moderate when you clear are not?

But thanks for proving that you ignored the illegal wars of Obama and side with the far left!

The far left only anti war when they have an (R) next to their name!

Yet you made a thread about one side and not the other!

You may point it out, but your OP says you are a partisan hack!

See you ignore the fact that Obama was a warmonger and the far left sat silent while he ran his illegal wars!

Says the far left!

Can you stop pretending that you are some type of moderate when you clear are not?

But thanks for proving that you ignored the illegal wars of Obama and side with the far left!

Line 2 of my sig is for wingers like you. Here, I gleefully eviscerate a Regressive Lefty: 2. >>> For the liars who pretend I claim to be a centrist/moderate/impartial/unbiased/fence-sitter: Come on Jake, man up, just this once.

You don't like my OP, so you deflect. I'm certainly used to that here.

See you ignore the fact that Obama was a warmonger and the far left sat silent while he ran his illegal wars!
A few posts above yours I agree with that point.

Wanna keep trying, slugger?

Says the far left!

Line 2 of my sig is for wingers like you. Here, I gleefully eviscerate a Regressive Lefty: 2. >>> For the liars who pretend I claim to be a centrist/moderate/impartial/unbiased/fence-sitter: Come on Jake, man up, just this once.

You don't like my OP, so you deflect. I'm certainly used to that here.

Yes you hyper partisan!

Your links are meaningless, your Op proves that they are!

And Jake was fake anyway, just like you!

A few posts above yours I agree with that point.

Wanna keep trying, slugger?

No you don't but you like to think you did!

Otherwise you would have made a thread about it!

I don't want another war. But the guy was in a war zone, in a country he was directing hostile military operations against, and directing operations AGAINST US, killing our people.

He was a completely valid target.

If Iran chooses to pretend that their people engaging in warfare against us, are somehow supposed to be safe while doing so, that is their choice, to be insane.

By the same logic, they are entitled to assassinate any American high ranking officer or official that happens to be in the War Zone.

Did you guys really think this through?

Here's the real problem. If we make Iraq choose between us and Iran, they'll pick Iran.

I don't care whether he was planning on killing Americans and Iraqis tomorrow, or next week, or next month.

He was planning on killing us. Indeed, if he was a director of operations, then he WAS killing us, the entire time he was there, and planning on continuing to do so.

Your point, such as it is, is utterly irrelevant.

& when you can't afford gassing up yer car, you'll care. not that our men & woman coming home in body bags though. how do you KNOW he was planning on killing us? what intel are you privvy to that the rest of us thinking bipeds don't know?

will you swallow everything you are told because donny said it without evidense? lol - but of course you will. that's what they count on.

Well, you had a high level Iranian Military leader inside of Iraq, so, there is that to consider.

But yes, I guess I am just accepting the information that he was a director. YOu got any evidence that he was just an innocent tourist?

He most certainly had as much right to be there as we do.

We are there as allies of the nation of Iraq. He was there as an enemy of Iraq.

So, that is not true.

Funny how they voted us out.

& if we refuse to leave - then we become occupiers.

& when you can't afford gassing up yer car, you'll care. not that our men & woman coming home in body bags though. how do you KNOW he was planning on killing us? what intel are you privvy to that the rest of us thinking bipeds don't know?

will you swallow everything you are told because donny said it without evidense? lol - but of course you will. that's what they count on.

Well, you had a high level Iranian Military leader inside of Iraq, so, there is that to consider.

But yes, I guess I am just accepting the information that he was a director. YOu got any evidence that he was just an innocent tourist?

So, that is not true.

And Iraq wants us to leave because.....?

Iraq wanted the US to leave under Obama, until they didn't.

we left because iraq wanted us out & were going to subject our troops to their court system if trouble arose instead of the military taking care of their own. so we packed up - but because the area was still unstable - -their parliament voted & agreed to forego the threat of using their judicial system in lieu of having a much reduced US force within their borders.

So, that is not true.

we left because iraq wanted us out & were going to subject our troops to their court system if trouble arose instead of the military taking care of their own. so we packed up - but because the area was still unstable - -their parliament voted & agreed to forego the threat of using their judicial system in lieu of having a much reduced US force within their borders.

More far left religious dogma!

Yes they wanted us out, when they want us to stay!

If we did leave then we would not have troops there now.

However Obama did create ISIS in the process!

What you wanted more terrorists running free!

The only thing I pointed out was your lie.

Nope! I led you to showing the GOP will question their own, unlike the far left which will never do that!

The only lie here is that any strikes are unconstitutional after the Obama years!

^Caught in a lie so what do you do? Lie some more.

Nope! Just led you to where I wanted you to go, the far left easy to do that with!

All it did was show the GOP will question their own, unlike the far left, that means you!

It was two senators. Mark Meadows was on his knees as were most Republicans.

However your claim was that the whitehouse was keeping Congress updated and you called me a liar. Well, I didn't lie, the whitehouse isn't being open with Congress and that is a problem.

Why would congress need to know the details about an operation inside of a war zone, that has been a war zone for many years?

lol- WHAT?

The Constitution of the United States divides the war powers of the federal government between the Executive and Legislative branches: the President is the Commander in Chief of the armed forces (Article II, section 2), while Congress has the power to make declarations of war, and to raise and support the armed forces (Article I, section 8). Over time, questions arose as to the extent of the President's authority to deploy U.S. armed forces into hostile situations abroad without a declaration of war or some other form of Congressional approval. Congress passed the War Powers Resolution in the aftermath of the Vietnam War to address these concerns and provide a set of procedures for both the President and Congress to follow in situations where the introduction of U.S. forces abroad could lead to their involvement in armed conflict.

Conceptually, the War Powers Resolution can be broken down into several distinct parts. The first part states the policy behind the law, namely to "insure that the collective judgment of both the Congress and the President will apply to the introduction of United States Armed Forces into hostilities," and that the President's powers as Commander in Chief are exercised only pursuant to a declaration of war, specific statutory authorization from Congress, or a national emergency created by an attack upon the United States (50 USC Sec. 1541).

The second part requires the President to consult with Congress before introducing U.S. armed forces into hostilities or situations where hostilities are imminent, and to continue such consultations as long as U.S. armed forces remain in such situations (50 USC Sec. 1542). The third part sets forth reporting requirements that the President must comply with any time he introduces U.S. armed forces into existing or imminent hostilities (50 USC Sec. 1543); section 1543(a)(1) is particularly significant because it can trigger a 60 day time limit on the use of U.S. forces under section 1544(b).
War Powers | Law Library of Congress

donny was REQUIRED to notify congress with in 48 hrs of that strike

he did not

donny was required to give a specific reason with verifiable evidence

he did not

only that it was an 'imminent threat'

it was determined that it was not & he et al have since backed off that 'reason'

going so far as to tell those congress critters that they should not question the order.

Last edited:

So, that is not true.

More far left religious dogma!

Yes they wanted us out, when they want us to stay!

If we did leave then we would not have troops there now.

However Obama did create ISIS in the process!

What you wanted more terrorists running free!

i told why we left & i told you why there are a few troops remaining. the rest is just regurgitated rw pablum.

Forum List

Back