So much for the myth of American exceptionalism: America is 14th happiest nation across the globe

How do they decide happiness...?

Do they stick a meter up your backside.....no wonder we rank so low...they are only pollling lefties.

How do they decide happiness...?

Do they stick a meter up your backside.....no wonder we rank so low...they are only pollling lefties.

Just like the Liberal MSM getting the election predictions wrong and Trump's approval ratings wrong. If you only poll Moon Bats you only get Moon Bat responses.

Yes, republicans love to delude themselves into thinking Ameica is exceptional and the rest of the world is jealous, but the truth of the matter is that other first world nations have social democratic systems that put no drain on their citizens' contentment. It does help that these European nations have lower poverty rates than the US.

I suppose republicans buy into the myth of American exceptionalism because they hilariously believe they are exceptional by extension. Yikes! That's of course not true.

Who's happy, who's not: Norway tops list, US falls

Who fucking cares? If you're so miserable here then leave. Yes, this country has it's share of issues as all do, but clearly you have seen very little of how much most of the world lives. I've seen real poverty up front and close and you know what? A lot of those people are more grateful for what little they have than privileged asshats like you who think you have things so rough.

Yes, republicans love to delude themselves into thinking Ameica is exceptional and the rest of the world is jealous, but the truth of the matter is that other first world nations have social democratic systems that put no drain on their citizens' contentment. It does help that these European nations have lower poverty rates than the US.

I suppose republicans buy into the myth of American exceptionalism because they hilariously believe they are exceptional by extension. Yikes! That's of course not true.

Who fucking cares? If you're so miserable here then leave. Yes, this country has it's share of issues as all do, but clearly you have seen very little of how much most of the world lives. I've seen real poverty up front and close and you know what? A lot of those people are more grateful for what little they have than privileged asshats like you who think you have things so rough.
Lol why do you people always make this about me? I am not the reason the US ranks 14th in the nation.

I think this is bullshit. Americans are some of the most miserable people on earth.

I'll say it for all you scared pussies......to much "diversity" here. The U.S. has no true identity anymore. The people of this country are far from "likeminded"...this country is an un-American shit-hole right now. Simple shit...you just can't be afraid to admit it.

Lol why do you people always make this about me? I am not the reason the US ranks 14th in the nation.

The US ranks 14th in the nation? What nation would that be?

And you made your opinion on American exceptionalism very clear so why are you offended by it being challenged?

Believe it or not, America used to be a happy place before we became bipolar political game playing bunch of self centered neurotic narcissists. America was better than that, years ago. Family, Community and country were synonymous. Not that long ago, my friends. Now, its a sad place with doe eyed lost people with no inner compass.

America is as happy and harmonious as we've ever been. We've never been a commune of grinning idiots, and we've always been contentious and aggressive. This is good. We're strong, content, and confident as ever. Chicken Littles, doom-Sayers, and those who have so given up on themselves they no longer have any ambition beyond sharing their pissy depression with everyone while they wait impatiently for their demise are only fit to be disregarded.
Really? I was born in the mid fifties, lived through the Vietnam war, all the upheavals and the cultural changes. Not seeing how "we are getting better", just more divided, brother.. or should I say, kiddo. No, we are slowly collapsing like a tent with all its supports pulled out from under it. I want to be positive, but all the changes I have seen leave me breathless and at a loss.

The US ranks 14th in the nation? What nation would that be?

And you made your opinion on American exceptionalism very clear so why are you offended by it being challenged?

As I read it the comparison here was never between the US and the rest of the world. It's between the US in the real world versus the bloated navel-gazing "we're number one" fantasy concept of the infamous "American exceptionalism".

And he's right about that. Egomania is always bullshit, whether it's a personal trait or a national jingoism.

Uhhhh right. And we all know, there is only one clearly defined set of rules that defines happiness. What a freaking retarded study. I would say exactly the same thing if the US was rated #1.

Believe it or not, America used to be a happy place before we became bipolar political game playing bunch of self centered neurotic narcissists. America was better than that, years ago. Family, Community and country were synonymous. Not that long ago, my friends. Now, its a sad place with doe eyed lost people with no inner compass.

America is as happy and harmonious as we've ever been. We've never been a commune of grinning idiots, and we've always been contentious and aggressive. This is good. We're strong, content, and confident as ever. Chicken Littles, doom-Sayers, and those who have so given up on themselves they no longer have any ambition beyond sharing their pissy depression with everyone while they wait impatiently for their demise are only fit to be disregarded.
Really?....

Yes, really.

Ignorant nihilism is no substitute for real, objective understanding of history.

Medicaid only pays so much as you know. If they get cancer, they only qualify for so many necessary treatments. Either way, those costs are still enormous because of the capitalistic nature. The US spends more per capita than most developed nations do on healthcare.

What developed nations develop more live saving/extending drugs, new medical procedures, have shorter waiting lines and develop more technology?

I'm not at all surprised but you have yet to answer my simple question as to what are the criteria used for the evaluation. Right, it must have slipped your mind, I'll give you another shot.

I think this is bullshit. Americans are some of the most miserable people on earth.

You mean like these pathetic pink pussy hat wearing Moon Bats that are butt hurt miserable because Crooked Hillary did not win?

You mean like these pathetic pink pussy hat wearing Moon Bats that are butt hurt miserable because Crooked Hillary did not win?

The hats flew right over your head, did they? :rofl: I kill me.

No Sparkles, the hats and other costumed regalia were there to mock Donald T. Rump's "pussy grabbing". Had nothing to do with Hillary.

Exceptionalism is not a measure of happiness ya dumbass. And I don't recall EVER saying that other nations were jealous although some people are. Otherwise our illegal immigration problem wouldn't exist.

Go spread you "Down with the US " propaganda elsewhere jackass

[QU

Nigga please.......you still think Oswald took him out. His head went backwards ;) Where was the book depository?

I bet you weren't even alive the day JFK was shot. I remember that day quite well..

Being a stupid uneducated low information Moon Bat the only thing you know about JFK is what you saw in an Oliver Stone movie just like the only thing you know about Vietnam is what you saw in an Oliver Stone movie.

What else you got Sport?

I've got you in the corner metaphorically beating you senseless dad. No bragging, frankly you're low hanging fruit. The truth is ot there pop, wake up and educate yourself. Right now you look foolish, and no, the head never snapped forward.

Leave it to the angry unhappy self centered pop-culture educated lefties to find some obscure poll (a thousand-two thousand?) of selected demographics that allegedly indicates the U.S. is an "unhappy" Country. Thank you liberal education system that the "greatest generation" evolved into a bunch of whiny complainers.

Forum List

Back