🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

So nominee Gorsuch proclaims Roe v. Wade as precedent

To the OP. Yes, Roe establishes a precedent. All SCOTUS decisions establish precedents. BUT, there is nothing to prevent any congress from passing a more sane abortion law that would render Roe moot.
You mean a Constitutional Amendment. What's keeping you?

Why do you loons cheer legislation that allows murdering the most innocent of all? Freaking ghouls

Save the emotional drool for someone else's thread. Your post proves that the anti-abortionists have no rational argument against choice.

And, yes, you LOSE with Gorsuch, especially since he's replacing Scalia.
Some would rather women have no rights over their own bodies........Handmaids...children for the priests to.....er.....instruct.

That's ridiculous.

It's normal for that moron. She has a hardon (actually a didlo) for the Church and never missed a chance to interject that crap.

Normal people don't advocate killing innocent babies, it's just not normal

Not even pro-choice "advocate" for that, you daffy dumbass. Stop being such a fucking moron.

"Judge Neil Gorsuch said Tuesday the controversial Supreme Court decision that legalized abortion is “precedent” and acknowledged the ruling had been reaffirmed “many times.”

Gorsuch, President Trump’s nominee to fill the Supreme Court seat vacated when Justice Antonin Scalia died, does not have much of a history ruling on abortion issues, and the contentious subject was one of the first topics broached during the question-and-answer session of Gorsuch’s confirmation hearing before the Senate Judiciary Committee.

“Roe v. Wade, decided in 1973, is a precedent of the United States Supreme Court, it has been reaffirmed…and all of the other factors that go into analyzing precedent have to be considered,” Gorsuch told Sen. Chuck Grassley, R-Iowa. “…A good judge will consider it as precedent of the United States Supreme Court, worthy as treatment of precedent like any other.”

Sen. Dianne Feinstein, the first Democrat to question Gorsuch, immediately followed up, citing the importance of the issue since, she said, President Trump “said he would appoint someone who would overturn Roe.”

“Once a case is settled, that adds to the determinacy of the law,” Gorsuch told Feinstein, clarifying his position on precedent. “What was once a hotly-contested issue is no longer a hotly-contested issue. We move forward.”

Feinstein asked if Gorsuch considered Roe v. Wade “super precedent” – a decision that cannot be overturned.

“It has been reaffirmed many times, I can say that,” Gorsuch answered."

Gorsuch to Feinstein: Abortion ruling is 'precedent'

Sounds like another resounding defeat for the anti-abortion lobby.

Providing we can believe him...

See what I mean when I say liberalism almost always wins in the long run?
And liberalism is the reason why Democrats are losing national elections as well.

Republicans are far more liberal than Democrats when dealing withrace, and eventually that won't be enough.

See? This is exactly how conservatives lose, slowly and steadily, over time.

After their decades of fighting against abortion rights, now they're resigned to cheering on the nomination of a Supreme Court judge who sees Roe as precedent.

And, don't forget, after decades of conservatives fighting against gay rights, now they're resigned to cheering on their messianic President who himself has proclaimed same sex marriage to be settled law.

This is why I marvel at liberals who go into panic mode when conservatives temporarily gain power in government.

Relax. They too shall pass.
The anti-white agenda of Democrats and the greater modern left is not Liberal or progressive.

You are a bigoted relic artificially sustained by lopsided demographics.

Nice to see the left respects him on this I suspect however that respect will vanish as soon he he rules on something in a way you don't like then he will be a dangerous right wing extremist.
You mean like when RussianWrs call for impeachment for any judge that doesn't rule like they want?
What Judge have they called for the impeachment of?
Recently, the one in Hawaii.....
Who called for his impeachment? I heard a lot of people on the right not like his EO decision but I heard no serious calls for his impeachment.

Why do you loons cheer legislation that allows murdering the most innocent of all? Freaking ghouls

Save the emotional drool for someone else's thread. Your post proves that the anti-abortionists have no rational argument against choice.

Some would rather women have no rights over their own bodies........Handmaids...children for the priests to.....er.....instruct.

That's ridiculous.
Not if the RussianWr crazy "every sperm is sacred" crowd starts running things.

You just out ridicucloused yourself.

Nice to see the left respects him on this I suspect however that respect will vanish as soon he he rules on something in a way you don't like then he will be a dangerous right wing extremist.
You mean like when RussianWrs call for impeachment for any judge that doesn't rule like they want?
Who called for his impeachment? I heard a lot of people on the right not like his EO decision but I heard no serious calls for his impeachment.

Exactly. These people are behaving like utter lunatics.

Who denies that it's precedent? It's bad precedent, but that doesn't make it less precedent.

The beauty of having Gorsuch on the supreme court is we are one spot closer to overturning bad precedent

"Judge Neil Gorsuch said Tuesday the controversial Supreme Court decision that legalized abortion is “precedent” and acknowledged the ruling had been reaffirmed “many times.”

Gorsuch, President Trump’s nominee to fill the Supreme Court seat vacated when Justice Antonin Scalia died, does not have much of a history ruling on abortion issues, and the contentious subject was one of the first topics broached during the question-and-answer session of Gorsuch’s confirmation hearing before the Senate Judiciary Committee.

“Roe v. Wade, decided in 1973, is a precedent of the United States Supreme Court, it has been reaffirmed…and all of the other factors that go into analyzing precedent have to be considered,” Gorsuch told Sen. Chuck Grassley, R-Iowa. “…A good judge will consider it as precedent of the United States Supreme Court, worthy as treatment of precedent like any other.”

Sen. Dianne Feinstein, the first Democrat to question Gorsuch, immediately followed up, citing the importance of the issue since, she said, President Trump “said he would appoint someone who would overturn Roe.”

“Once a case is settled, that adds to the determinacy of the law,” Gorsuch told Feinstein, clarifying his position on precedent. “What was once a hotly-contested issue is no longer a hotly-contested issue. We move forward.”

Feinstein asked if Gorsuch considered Roe v. Wade “super precedent” – a decision that cannot be overturned.

“It has been reaffirmed many times, I can say that,” Gorsuch answered."

Gorsuch to Feinstein: Abortion ruling is 'precedent'

Sounds like another resounding defeat for the anti-abortion lobby.

Providing we can believe him...

See what I mean when I say liberalism almost always wins in the long run?
Somebody better go look up what precedent means. In this case yes RvW is precedent. As were many laws right up until they changed. Five of nine SC judges can make a new precedent with a single ruling throwing out the old precedent.

I went home at lunch at watched a little bit of his confirmation hearings from what I saw the Democrats will have hard time finding anything of substance to oppose him on.

I went home at lunch at watched a little bit of his confirmation hearings from what I saw the Democrats will have hard time finding anything of substance to oppose him on.

It will just be hyper-partisan B.S.

He will be confirmed.

Define "no serious calls". Would threads here on it count?

Who denies that it's precedent? It's bad precedent, but that doesn't make it less precedent.

The beauty of having Gorsuch on the supreme court is we are one spot closer to overturning bad precedent
Not gonna happen, you know...the overturning of Roe v. Wade.

Define "no serious calls". Would threads here on it count?
Not to me given I consider this more of a place to vent and bitch than one for any serious call to action.

No "rational" argument against murdering almost 18,000,000 BLACK babies since 1973? And you think the KKK are monsters?

Number of Abortions in US & Worldwide - Number of abortions since 1973

Do you really think this world would be better off today with 1.5 billion (since 1980) unwanted souls on the planet, in addition to the 7 billion+ who are already crowding the place up and overtaxing the resources?

Do you think it's just a coincidence that since Roe in 1973 and almost 60 million unwanted/unviable pregnancies terminated consequent to it, the crime rate in the US has steadily fallen?

You don't believe in abortion - don't get one. You think your God is against abortion - you're not going to get one or pay for one so it's all good, you're in like Flynn with your God.

Stay the fuck out of everybody else's uteri - it's none of your damned business!

" All that matters is that he will nominate a conservative justice" - Every reluctant Trump voter

Forum List

Back