🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

So nominee Gorsuch proclaims Roe v. Wade as precedent

Who denies that it's precedent? It's bad precedent, but that doesn't make it less precedent.

The beauty of having Gorsuch on the supreme court is we are one spot closer to overturning bad precedent
Not gonna happen, you know...the overturning of Roe v. Wade.

Not till we get a court packed with originalists

An originalist interpretation of the Constitution in no way give fetuses personhood.

Natural law does that

"Judge Neil Gorsuch said Tuesday the controversial Supreme Court decision that legalized abortion is “precedent” and acknowledged the ruling had been reaffirmed “many times.”

Gorsuch, President Trump’s nominee to fill the Supreme Court seat vacated when Justice Antonin Scalia died, does not have much of a history ruling on abortion issues, and the contentious subject was one of the first topics broached during the question-and-answer session of Gorsuch’s confirmation hearing before the Senate Judiciary Committee.

“Roe v. Wade, decided in 1973, is a precedent of the United States Supreme Court, it has been reaffirmed…and all of the other factors that go into analyzing precedent have to be considered,” Gorsuch told Sen. Chuck Grassley, R-Iowa. “…A good judge will consider it as precedent of the United States Supreme Court, worthy as treatment of precedent like any other.”

Sen. Dianne Feinstein, the first Democrat to question Gorsuch, immediately followed up, citing the importance of the issue since, she said, President Trump “said he would appoint someone who would overturn Roe.”

“Once a case is settled, that adds to the determinacy of the law,” Gorsuch told Feinstein, clarifying his position on precedent. “What was once a hotly-contested issue is no longer a hotly-contested issue. We move forward.”

Feinstein asked if Gorsuch considered Roe v. Wade “super precedent” – a decision that cannot be overturned.

“It has been reaffirmed many times, I can say that,” Gorsuch answered."

Gorsuch to Feinstein: Abortion ruling is 'precedent'

Sounds like another resounding defeat for the anti-abortion lobby.

Providing we can believe him...

See what I mean when I say liberalism almost always wins in the long run?
Somebody better go look up what precedent means. In this case yes RvW is precedent. As were many laws right up until they changed. Five of nine SC judges can make a new precedent with a single ruling throwing out the old precedent.

lol, so there's one vote for the idea that Gorsuch is simply being deceitful or dishonest in his characterization of Roe.

How was he dishonest or deceitful?

I don't think so. There are two ways to look at Roberts's Obamacare vote. 1. It's a tax. Congress has the power to levy any tax it wants with very little restriction beyond only Jews or something. But to rule Obamacare was legal was going to bring the wrath of the right. Roberts is the chief, so he got the short straw.

Except the entire argument by the Obama Administration defending the ACA was that it was NOT a tax.

OR 2. He was just not going to have the SC drawn into a partisan politcal fight.

Agreed. He took the coward's way out, plain and simple, and set a very dangerous precedent down the road. Once it's been decided that the federal government can force you to buy a product where does that authority end?

But it was declared a tax. No one was forced to buy the product. You were incentivized to buy the product by the offer of a tax break.

I believe there was also a fine if you didn't buy the product.

Why do you loons cheer legislation that allows murdering the most innocent of all? Freaking ghouls

Seig Heil! Adolph!

Hitler, like you, was a BIG fan of abortion. He wanted to slaughter ALL the inferiors.

Considering that was why planned parenthood was founded, where do you think he got the idea?

The nazis learned all their evil practices from American progressives.

Yep, Margret Sanger was a BIG fan of Hitler.

Racist, Pro-Nazi Roots of Planned Parenthood Revealed - Breitbart

Why do you loons cheer legislation that allows murdering the most innocent of all? Freaking ghouls
And yet you don't give two shits about children born to poor parents.

And you know this how? Be specific as to how you know I don't give two shits.....but before you do? We have adopted children.

Now come at me, loon

We had three and also adopted two. I just wrote a check to help the last one pay her college loan.

Considering that was why planned parenthood was founded, where do you think he got the idea?

:rolleyes:

evil is demonizing women to the extent you'd seek oppressive government jurisdiction in their wombs.

i respect that religious people like you sincerely feeeeel like you're doing good, but you are sorely mistaken.

stop demonizing women by default, for once in your life.. and THINK.

The Supreme Court ruled and repeatedly reaffirmed that the Constitution's First, Fourth, Ninth, and Fourteenth Amendments protect an individual's "zone of privacy" against state laws...

The Supreme Court . Expanding Civil Rights . Landmark Cases . Roe v. Wade (1973) | PBS

It's very interesting to note that in Jewish law and tradition an unborn fetus is not considered a person (Heb. nefesh, lit. “soul”) until it has been born. The fetus is regarded as a part of the mother’s body and not a separate being until it begins to egress from the womb during parturition (childbirth).

Things haven't always been the way they are now with American Christianity.

Abortion

Seig Heil! Adolph!

Hitler, like you, was a BIG fan of abortion. He wanted to slaughter ALL the inferiors.

Abortion was against the law in Nazi Germany.

But killing Jews, gypsies, homosexuals, mentally disabled, and any "undesirables" was ok with the law, seen as a mercy since society couldn't financially handle undesirables. So do you really want to cite a society where it was ok to kill undesirables, as an argument to kill undesirables?

And you know this how? Be specific as to how you know I don't give two shits.....but before you do? We have adopted children.

Now come at me, loon
Your whining at food stamps recipients, who are primarily people with children.

I whine about abuse of food stamps, stop making shit up ya daffy dumbass. Once again you've started something you can't finish because you assumed.
Oh no I will finish it. Food stamps fraud is statistically low. Duh.

evil is demonizing women to the extent you'd seek oppressive government jurisdiction in their wombs.

i respect that religious people like you sincerely feeeeel like you're doing good, but you are sorely mistaken.

The Supreme Court ruled and repeatedly reaffirmed that the Constitution's First, Fourth, Ninth, and Fourteenth Amendments protect an individual's "zone of privacy" against state laws...

The Supreme Court . Expanding Civil Rights . Landmark Cases . Roe v. Wade (1973) | PBS

It's very interesting to note that in Jewish law and tradition an unborn fetus is not considered a person (Heb. nefesh, lit. “soul”) until it has been born. The fetus is regarded as a part of the mother’s body and not a separate being until it begins to egress from the womb during parturition (childbirth).

Abortion

Interesting that you directly lie in the bolded part.

{The easiest way to conceptualize a fetus in halacha is to imagine it as a full-fledged human being – but not quite.2 In most circumstances, the fetus is treated like any other "person." Generally, one may not deliberately harm a fetus. But while it would seem obvious that Judaism holds accountable one who purposefully causes a woman to miscarry, sanctions are even placed upon one who strikes a pregnant woman causing an unintentional miscarriage.3 That is not to say that all rabbinical authorities consider abortion to be murder. The fact that the Torah requires a monetary payment for causing a miscarriage is interpreted by some Rabbis to indicate that abortion is not a capital crime4 and by others as merely indicating that one is not executed for performing an abortion, even though it is a type of murder.5 There is even disagreement regarding whether the prohibition of abortion is Biblical or Rabbinic. Nevertheless, it is universally agreed that the fetus will become a full-fledged human being and there must be a very compelling reason to allow for abortion.}

Abortion in Jewish Law

Actually, I fully expect you to lie, in all cases.

Now come at me, loon

I whine about abuse of food stamps, stop making shit up ya daffy dumbass. Once again you've started something you can't finish because you assumed.

Food stamps are for the children. Why do they have free breakfast and lunch in schools if mom is getting food stamps to feed the kids?

Now come at me, loon

Sweet Jebus you're stupid.

Improper welfare payments, including fraud, are estimated to be 10.1% of all federal welfare payments made and totaled $71.5 billion in fiscal year 2015. This estimate is based on reports from the Office of Management and Budget (OMB) , The General Accounting Office (GAO) [ii], and other federal agencies. Seven of the Welfare Programs make the OMB list of the top thirteen federal programs estimated to be “high error programs” - programs with improper payments greater than $750 million annually. These are highlighted below by individual program.

Welfare Fraud

Abortion

By think for yourself you obviously mean "stop thinking for yourself and agree with me because I can't stand the idea of someone disagreeing with my immoral ideology."

Tell me how am I demonizing women by telling the truth about the purpose of planned parenthood?

Governments main job is to keep people from killing people. Stop killing your children and government wont care what you do with your womb.

Unless of course a democrats in charge and then government needs to have total control of the health of your body and needs to fund your both control.

But yeah, I'm clearly the one not thinking for myself here because i oppose killing children.

1. Abortion =/= murder
2. Innocence is immaterial to the issue
3. There's billions more where they came from
4. Nobody is forcing you to have one

Interesting that you directly lie in the bolded part.

the bolded part is a direct quote from the link provided at the Christian Left website, dimwit.

It is a lie, as I demonstrated.

Look, you have never had a thought. You are a leftist hate drone and ONLY repeat shit that you get from hate sites. No one was confused and imagined the idiocy you posted represented an idea from you.

1. Abortion =/= murder

Gawd you're as stupid as Billy.

Yeah abortion is murder after that your post is stupid nonsense....go bother someone else, toad

1. Abortion =/= murder

That line of reasoning is crap. No one forces you to participate in the underage sex trade either. Are you suggesting it's somehow not evil and we shouldn't do all in our power yo stop that evil either?

Forum List

Back