So, now liberals don't believe in the 5th and 6th ammendment either?

TheGreatGatsby

Gold Member
Mar 27, 2012
The captured BMB suspect was not read his Miranda Rights and the gov. cites a public safety exception.

Never mind the fact that the Supreme Court has declared that Miranda Rights are necessary based upon the 5th amendment that a person should not be compelled to self-incrimination and the 6th amendment, which offers a right to counsel.

Dzhokhar-Tsarnaev-e1366422613262.jpg

What You Need To Know About Why The Boston Bombing Suspect Hasn't Been Read His Miranda Rights

I don't read your stupid links. If you can ever form a real argument. I'll look at it. I know you're a liberal zombie who accepts any explanation from your lord.

I don't read your stupid links. If you can ever form a real argument. I'll look at it. I know you're a liberal zombie who accepts any explanation from your lord.

Well, supported facts trump your made-up bullshit. The government is on legal footing.

How does this website KNOW whether or not the kid was read his rights?

Despite initial reports to the contrary, FBI agents did not read Boston Bombing suspect Dzhokhar Tsarnaev his Miranda rights immediately after he was taken into custody.

I see nothing in this article that supports the notion that they KNOW what happened.

Actually, Lakhota has been showing signs of awakening, he/she has been questioning this story, unconvinced of the government fable.

There may be hope!

Despite initial reports to the contrary, FBI agents did not read Boston Bombing suspect Dzhokhar Tsarnaev his Miranda rights immediately after he was taken into custody.

I see nothing in this article that supports the notion that they KNOW what happened.

Umm cause the cops said they didn't.

Derp..

You do know how to click on the live supporting links in the article...don't you?

Well, supported facts trump your made-up bullshit. The government is on legal footing.

They would and that site has some good information in it but I don’t think that it definitively shows that they are on good legal footing here and does not even address the underlying question in the OP as to whether or not this is a good thing.

If you respect the constitution, you have to find the idea that people are not read their Miranda rights as pretty damn suspect. The court case that is cited in the link provided makes sense, the cop was locating an immediate threat while apprehending the suspect. I see nothing wrong with that and agree with the SCOTUS. What I find hard to swallow is that terror suspects are now somehow exempt for long periods of time without and clear ‘immediate danger’ and just allowing this because the government says that it needs to in order to keep us ‘safe.’ How long has he been in custody without those rights being read? How long before they decide that he actually does have the right to a lawyer and the right to be silent? Because he is a suspect in a terror case he waves all his rights now?

That line of thought is terrible and very dangerous to our rights. It is also not the same thing that the SCOTUS ruling that is mentioned. It is the concept taken to extreme measures to the point that it does not resemble the same thing.

The captured BMB suspect was not read his Miranda Rights and the gov. cites a public safety exception.

Never mind the fact that the Supreme Court has declared that Miranda Rights are necessary based upon the 5th amendment that a person should not be compelled to self-incrimination and the 6th amendment, which offers a right to counsel.

This scumbag isn't a criminal, he is a terrorist fighting for a foreign enemy and as such deserves none of the rights and privileges afforded to American citizens accused of a crime. This bastard should be interrogated using whatever means necessary, drained of any information he may have of other enemies that helped him, then given his 9oz's.

Derp..

It does NOT say that in the link, lad.

That link contradicts itself.

WHO SAID the cops did not read him his rights?

The author does not tell us.

He asserts the fact but does not tell us who told him that fact.

Typical of propaganda...

Last edited:

Derp..

Typical of propaganda...

The FBI spokesperson at the press conference last night said he was not read his Miranda rights and also said under federal law, because he was a terrorist, he was not entitled to that right.

There IS a public safety exemption in the Miranda law, however it is limited. As soon as the suspect is able to answer questions, post-surgery, the law goes into effect. It will suspend in 48 hours and then the Miranda laws apply.

Basically, he loses the right to remain silent and right to counsel for two days.

There IS a public safety exemption in the Miranda law, however it is limited. As soon as the suspect is able to answer questions, post-surgery, the law goes into effect. It will suspend in 48 hours and then the Miranda laws apply.

Basically, he loses the right to remain silent and right to counsel for two days.

Not to mention the fact that they've got this guy dead to rights, anyway. He could scream "Of course I did it, Infidel Scum!" and have that statement thrown out of court, but there's the film of him planting the bomb and the fact he engaged in a firefight with police that's kind of damning.

Yep. And then he can be deemed an enemy combatant and never be read his rights at all.

Thank you president Dubya and all his supporters.

Derp..

Typical of propaganda...

The FBI spokesperson at the press conference last night said he was not read his Miranda rights and also said under federal law, because he was a terrorist, he was not entitled to that right.

Thank you.

As there is no link to that press conference, you can probably understand my concern.

It is my understanding that NOW the laws crafted under the Patriot act mean that suspected terrorists do not have miranda rights.

I do not know what this has to do with LIBERALS though.

Seems to me that it took both DEMS and REPS to get that terrible law passed.

God forbid you should be distracted by actual information when supposition and innuendo serve you so much better. :cool:

Forum List

Back