So the lefties are trying to derail Christie's run before it even starts.

Fact is liberals are scared shitless of Christie because he is the only projected GOP candidate polling ahead of Hillary Clinton.
Not only that, the latest polls indicate the "Bridgegate" thing is on the minds of just 18% of those polled. In other words, the country believes the Governor's claims that he knew nothing of his staffer's decision to deliberately create the Fort Lee traffic nightmare.
Of course the main stream media, in bed with the democrat party cannot have this. So they have been pounding the story for every bit of stuffing contained within.

If Hillary runs, she wins. It is really THAT simple. Christie wouldn't stand a chance.

Hillary is a shoo-in. Just like she was in 2008......:cuckoo:

Fact is liberals are scared shitless of Christie because he is the only projected GOP candidate polling ahead of Hillary Clinton.
Not only that, the latest polls indicate the "Bridgegate" thing is on the minds of just 18% of those polled. In other words, the country believes the Governor's claims that he knew nothing of his staffer's decision to deliberately create the Fort Lee traffic nightmare.
Of course the main stream media, in bed with the democrat party cannot have this. So they have been pounding the story for every bit of stuffing contained within.

If Hillary runs, she wins. It is really THAT simple. Christie wouldn't stand a chance.

Hillary is a shoo-in. Just like she was in 2008......:cuckoo:

Hillary would have also won in 2008. She was defeated by a 2 TERM President.

And just like in 2008, her only competition could come from the Democratic Party, not the GOP.

Live and let live...Yea, AFTER you piss in a cup, turn all female uterus's over to the state and pass the conservative 'swimming lesson'

Throw everyone into the river, the ones who crawl up on shore 'pass'

Straw man nonsense.

I REALLY wish it were, but I keep reading what you folks write and how conservatives govern. Conservatives have NEVER, EVER given us 'less government'

True.

And they never will, through no fault of their own.

The notion of ‘less government’ is a pathetic, reactionary rightwing fantasy.

So the lefties are trying to derail Christie's run before it even starts. This could be a huge mistake on their part.

1. The public's attention span is very short.
2. Chris Christie isn't really a conservative and running him off can lead to a real conservative taking his place.
3. Hillery is VERY beatable and he isn't the only one who could do it.
4. Christie is what we call a Progressive Republican, he's not much different from Hillary and if he won he would continue a lot of your agenda.
5. If no link is established between Christie and this "scandal" he will actually gain the experience to handle the mud slinging and trash talking that the left will dish out further down the road.

I don't like Christie, he's a progressive but I saw him speak yesterday for the first time and he has the gift.

Nobody is really slinging anything at this point. The fact is that his administration has displayed some unethical behavior and now he's being called on it. What it will boil down to in the end is whether he actually had any knowledge of any of this crap while it was happening or before it happened. If there is any evidence that he did, then he is finished. If there is not, then he is fine.

As much as New Jersey loves Christie, there is no guarantee that he could win his home state against Hillary. To me, Hillary's VP selection will be very important in 2016, assuming she is the nominee. Choosing the wrong person could cost her the election. Choosing the right person would probably make her unbeatable. Elizabeth Warren is a good example of the wrong person, not that there is anything terrible about her, but it makes the ticket all female and would be considered extreme left. On the other hand, picking a strong young male Hispanic could make her almost impossible to beat.

As much as New Jersey loves Christie, there is no guarantee that he could win his home state against Hillary. To me, Hillary's VP selection will be very important in 2016, assuming she is the nominee. Choosing the wrong person could cost her the election. Choosing the right person would probably make her unbeatable. Elizabeth Warren is a good example of the wrong person, not that there is anything terrible about her, but it makes the ticket all female and would be considered extreme left. On the other hand, picking a strong young male Hispanic could make her almost impossible to beat.

Christie would not win NJ....neither would any other Republican

What Christie has is the ability to win swing states that very few Republicans can do

Christie would not win NJ....neither would any other Republican

What Christie has is the ability to win swing states that very few Republicans can do

I realize that its always darkest before the dawn but that is rapidly looking like a "had" with this latest scandal involving Sandy money and TV ads featuring him and his family.

Live and let live...Yea, AFTER you piss in a cup, turn all female uterus's over to the state and pass the conservative 'swimming lesson'

Throw everyone into the river, the ones who crawl up on shore 'pass'

Straw man nonsense.

I REALLY wish it were, but I keep reading what you folks write and how conservatives govern. Conservatives have NEVER, EVER given us 'less government'

Wait a minute ....WHAT?!!!!
Ok....Your side is persistent at accusing the GOP of making "cuts"....If these alleged cuts are not made for the purpose of reducing the size of government, then pray tell, the purpose of reducing spending is WHAT?

Your over confidence will be your undoing...
BTW, no one is going to vote for a woman that reminds them of 'grandma'.
On the other hand, the country has had it's fill of unqualified Oval Office placeholders.
Such as the guy up there now.
You can spare me the expected "Bush" response.
You may as well remove that arrow from the quiver, because the "Bush" thing doesn't work anymore.
It's time for Obama and his minions to put on their big boy pants and start accepting some responsibility

So the lefties are trying to derail Christie's run before it even starts. This could be a huge mistake on their part.

2. Chris Christie isn't really a conservative and running him off can lead to a real conservative taking his place.
4. Christie is what we call a Progressive Republican, he's not much different from Hillary and if he won he would continue a lot of your agenda.
5. If no link is established between Christie and this "scandal" he will actually gain the experience to handle the mud slinging and trash talking that the left will dish out further down the road.

I don't like Christie, he's a progressive but I saw him speak yesterday for the first time and he has the gift.

Nobody is really slinging anything at this point. The fact is that his administration has displayed some unethical behavior and now he's being called on it. What it will boil down to in the end is whether he actually had any knowledge of any of this crap while it was happening or before it happened. If there is any evidence that he did, then he is finished. If there is not, then he is fine.

Which unethical behavior can you tie directly to Christie?

Continued from last post.

I am not saying conservatives are perfect or even could do a better job. But not one of our leaders has a conservative bone in his or her body.

We need conservatives AND liberals. We need both trains of thought to keep us moving forward but not at breakneck speed.

The conservative mind is much more of the "live and let live" philosophy; whereas, liberals believe that they know what is best for everyone else and everyone else will live by their rules come Hell or High Water! Liberals will sell their values to the highest bidder i.e. health insurance companies, union bosses etc. but a conservative while he may be wrong generally maintains his values come Hell or High Water.

Again there is not one American political leader who displays any conservative thought. They are ALL in it for personal wealth. They ALL will sell their values to the highest bidder. A conservative, right or wrong will stand by his beliefs, not so a liberal. There is no way you can spin it. That it liberalism at its finest. That is American politics at its worst. That is what will finally destroy this once great nation.

True conservatives are in it for the betterment of the people. Show me one single American political figure that is in it for the good of the people. Just one.

Immie
well no liberals are not like that nor are conservatives. American politics at its worst is not liberalism or conservative.

You have this idealistic dream of what the two labels are and you couldnt be more wrong about it. I guess that is what you get when you have rose colored glasses on.

Bernie Sanders comes to mind. Perfect? no, agree with him fully? No. Has the interest of the American public? Yeah i get a good feeling he does.

yes..When libs see liberalism exposed for what it is they quickly attempt to change the narrative.

Sorry I'm jumping in at the tail end of this.

I agree that we need the BEST of both the liberals (such as the concept of true INCLUSION not just of what meets political agenda) and the conservatives (such as respect for true free enterprise and investing in educating people to be independent of govt NOT just saying that for corporate politicians to take advantage of the freedom without regulations).

And YES I agree with whatever criticisms are said of either liberals or conservatives.

The best liberals I have found have been SILENCED by the liberal politicians, even backstabbed, their ideas and votes stolen and abused to get and keep offices.
As a Democrat, I have seen this happen, have watched my entire historic district DESTROYED by the abuse of liberal politics, and heard fellow activists complain and watched them quit because of it.

I was on the verge of giving up and quitting too, but I accidentally found a website full of similar complaints from conservatives about their Republican party battles, and I felt bad and wanted
to encourage them not to give up either! So how can I give up while telling them not to? I'd be a hypocrite! of COURSE we need to help each other live up to the Constitutional principles
that people and leaders of all parties should be enforcing, across the board, regardless what issues or angles we favor personally and which biases we have.

So I do hear the same or similar complaints from conservatives who feel that career politicians have hijacked their party, including complaints from both rightwing and moderates against each other for dividing their party which I feel is a shame, and I am a prochoice liberal and don't want to see this happen!

I agree with the best ideas I have found by networking with members of all the parties, and believe in putting these together to form consensual solutions that fulfill Constitutional principles. That is the best way I see to check and balance each other, is to make sure we are in agreement no matter which angle or bias we come from. We should ANSWER objections, in order to "redress grievances" as a function of govt; not reject or deny objections to compete for political points which doesn't resolve the problem or the reason someone has an objection, which is an opportunity to CORRECT and improve.

The best Constitutional solutions ought to ring true with all people of all parties.
why not use that as the criteria for checking proposed solutions and legislation
BEFORE trying to push reforms through govt?

Last edited:

I'm surprised they are trying to derail him now. I thought the gameplan was to set up a "fall guy" to run against Hillary, and then bring him down when it's too late to recover.

If they bring him down early, that saves time and allows other people to build up a more solid plan instead of wasting their time and focus on a "fall guy" just to watch him lose.

[P.S. where Christie lost me was when he wanted to BAN conversion therapy, as if ALL such therapy was the abusive type! What about people who have changed naturally by free will, using POSITIVE spiritual therapy that did help them recover from sexual abuse and addictions that weren't natural? Maybe it was the media misrepresenting what he said, but it sounded like he was banning all such therapy as bad, even though there are valid cases and methods of healing homosexuality. Whatever that was about, or what he was really saying, or to whom, I couldn't tell who he was pandering to! ???]

Last edited:

Well, after the 'bromance' between him and Obama before the last election, some Dems started liking him. He seemed popular with a lot of people and maybe even surpassed Hillary in polls. That means he's gotta go. I'm not a huge fan.

Meanwhile, the bickering continues within the Republican party and hard to say who will be the candidate. At least people in the party continue to debate things. In the Dem party, the communists and other radicals have won control and no one in the party crosses them now. The Repub party still has a chance for the patriots to win. I take the infighting as a positive sign because no one has given up.

Last edited:

Christie is a smart politician. The same as the guy presently in the White House.
The difference is Christie is a no nonsense will tell you things you may not want to hear type. But he will make even the dissenters believe in his policies.
Look, how many governors can take on powerful public employee unions in a union heavy state, and WIN?
Christie id not a true conservative. He is a right wing populist.
And that is what wins in blue states.
Fiscal conservative and social moderate. That is the ticket.
I'd say Christie, should he decide to run for the GOP nomination, will be our next president.
That is if NJ reelecting him in a landslide is any kind of litmus test. If a Republican can get elected in a statewide election in a very blue state, the White House is a strong possibility.

Look at what? Don't you want us to "read" instead?

Are you falling into the "LOOK" group of preprogrammed talking heads?

Every one of them, any channel, any topic, left or right, when asked something and they start to speak, can't get 5 words out without saying "LOOK."

I wouldn't want to have the same idiosyncrasy as that bunch of bubble headed ANALysts, commentators and otherwise clique of over paid talking heads for nothing.

But to comment further on your post, it's horse manure. Romney was a fiscal conservative and social moderate, and he took the moderate vote. But is he president? NO, he ISN'T.

WHY? Because NO one running on the republican ticket can win without the FULL SUPPORT of the CONSERVATIVES. Throw a MODERATE of any kind in there, and you can say hello to another dem prez. You people better get that through your heads.

CRUZ/PAUL, or the other way around, either is good, is probably the absolute BEST hope for a republican president we have. They will have the full support of the conservative vote, they would win.

This MODERATE talk is BULL SHIT, and it comes STRAIGHT FROM THE LEFT'S CAMP.

Last edited:

Christie is a smart politician. The same as the guy presently in the White House.
The difference is Christie is a no nonsense will tell you things you may not want to hear type. But he will make even the dissenters believe in his policies.
Look, how many governors can take on powerful public employee unions in a union heavy state, and WIN?
Christie id not a true conservative. He is a right wing populist.
And that is what wins in blue states.
Fiscal conservative and social moderate. That is the ticket.
I'd say Christie, should he decide to run for the GOP nomination, will be our next president.
That is if NJ reelecting him in a landslide is any kind of litmus test. If a Republican can get elected in a statewide election in a very blue state, the White House is a strong possibility.

Look at what? Don't you want us to "read" instead?

Are you falling into the "LOOK" group of preprogrammed talking heads?

Every one of them, any channel, any topic, left or right, when asked something and they start to speak, can't get 5 words out without saying "LOOK."

I wouldn't want to have the same idiosyncrasy as that bunch of bubble headed ANALysts, commentators and otherwise clique of over paid talking heads for nothing.

But to comment further on your post, it's horse manure. Romney was a fiscal conservative and social moderate, and he took the moderate vote. But is he president? NO, he ISN'T.

WHY? Because NO one running on the republican ticket can win without the FULL SUPPORT of the CONSERVATIVES. Throw a MODERATE of any kind in there, and you can say hello to another dem prez. You people better get that through your heads.

CRUZ/PAUL, or the other way around, either is good, is probably the absolute BEST hope for a republican president we have. They will have the full support of the conservative vote, they would win.

This MODERATE talk is BULL SHIT, and it comes STRAIGHT FROM THE LEFT'S CAMP.

If the Republicans throw out a "true" conservative, whatever that may be, they may have the full support of the conservatives, but will they have the full support of everyone else in the party? Will moderates back a teapublican?

Forum List

Back