So the lefties are trying to derail Christie's run before it even starts.

Continued from last post.

I am not saying conservatives are perfect or even could do a better job. But not one of our leaders has a conservative bone in his or her body.

We need conservatives AND liberals. We need both trains of thought to keep us moving forward but not at breakneck speed.

The conservative mind is much more of the "live and let live" philosophy; whereas, liberals believe that they know what is best for everyone else and everyone else will live by their rules come Hell or High Water! Liberals will sell their values to the highest bidder i.e. health insurance companies, union bosses etc. but a conservative while he may be wrong generally maintains his values come Hell or High Water.

Again there is not one American political leader who displays any conservative thought. They are ALL in it for personal wealth. They ALL will sell their values to the highest bidder. A conservative, right or wrong will stand by his beliefs, not so a liberal. There is no way you can spin it. That it liberalism at its finest. That is American politics at its worst. That is what will finally destroy this once great nation.

True conservatives are in it for the betterment of the people. Show me one single American political figure that is in it for the good of the people. Just one.

Immie
well no liberals are not like that nor are conservatives. American politics at its worst is not liberalism or conservative.

You have this idealistic dream of what the two labels are and you couldnt be more wrong about it. I guess that is what you get when you have rose colored glasses on.

Bernie Sanders comes to mind. Perfect? no, agree with him fully? No. Has the interest of the American public? Yeah i get a good feeling he does.

Are you talking about the difference in liberal vs. conservative in the American public or politicians?

Because in politics there is not a damned bit of difference between the two.

Immie

Well yes there is actually. The product might be different but the end goal is the same. Power. But you cant sit there and claim Liberals are one thing and conservatives are another, and then in the next breath claim they are not different.

So the lefties are trying to derail Christie's run before it even starts. This could be a huge mistake on their part.

1. The public's attention span is very short.
2. Chris Christie isn't really a conservative and running him off can lead to a real conservative taking his place.
3. Hillery is VERY beatable and he isn't the only one who could do it.
4. Christie is what we call a Progressive Republican, he's not much different from Hillary and if he won he would continue a lot of your agenda.
5. If no link is established between Christie and this "scandal" he will actually gain the experience to handle the mud slinging and trash talking that the left will dish out further down the road.

I don't like Christie, he's a progressive but I saw him speak yesterday for the first time and he has the gift.

1. Agreed. Plus with over 2 years to go before primaries, a lot of time will have passed. 2. There will likely be lots of candidates vying for the nomination just like the last time. You might get a conservative candidate this time around. The problem will be finding one that has broad appeal. Far right candidates generally don't draw much support from moderates and independents.
3. No guarantee that Hillary will be the Democrat's nominee. If she is, she will be hard to beat. Just saying you can beat her is not the same as actually doing it.
4. Win - win...
5. Christie will likely have to worry as much or more about the right than he will the left.

#5 - correct because the right despises political corruption, the left lives by it.

Immie

Political corruption is bipartisan!

well no liberals are not like that nor are conservatives. American politics at its worst is not liberalism or conservative.

You have this idealistic dream of what the two labels are and you couldnt be more wrong about it. I guess that is what you get when you have rose colored glasses on.

Bernie Sanders comes to mind. Perfect? no, agree with him fully? No. Has the interest of the American public? Yeah i get a good feeling he does.

Are you talking about the difference in liberal vs. conservative in the American public or politicians?

Immie

Well yes there is actually. The product might be different but the end goal is the same. Power. But you cant sit there and claim Liberals are one thing and conservatives are another, and then in the next breath claim they are not different.

Yes I can. Wasn't it this thread that I said in politics there are no conservatives? Everyone in National politics is a liberal. They would all sell their souls to the highest bidder. A true conservative would stick to his guns right or wrong. I can most definitely say that there is a difference.

Where I think you disagree with me is in the fact that you think there are actually conservatives in national politics. I disagree. Everyone of them lives by the liberal philosophy that they know what is best for you and, by god, you will do as they say... or else.

Thank you though for your input. I for one appreciate the discussion.

Oh, and I may be wrong. Not likely, but if could be :)

Immie

1. Agreed. Plus with over 2 years to go before primaries, a lot of time will have passed. 2. There will likely be lots of candidates vying for the nomination just like the last time. You might get a conservative candidate this time around. The problem will be finding one that has broad appeal. Far right candidates generally don't draw much support from moderates and independents.
3. No guarantee that Hillary will be the Democrat's nominee. If she is, she will be hard to beat. Just saying you can beat her is not the same as actually doing it.
4. Win - win...
5. Christie will likely have to worry as much or more about the right than he will the left.

#5 - correct because the right despises political corruption, the left lives by it.

Immie

Political corruption is bipartisan!

Wouldn't disagree with that at all. Both parties are corrupt! On the other hand, both parties are 100% dominated by liberals.

Immie

Ps I know that is absolutely too simple of an analogy and when you get right down to it, it is a cop out. What I am trying to say here is that no one in politics displays one iota of conservative principle.

Last edited:
So the lefties are trying to derail Christie's run before it even starts. This could be a huge mistake on their part.

1. The public's attention span is very short.
2. Chris Christie isn't really a conservative and running him off can lead to a real conservative taking his place.
3. Hillery is VERY beatable and he isn't the only one who could do it.
4. Christie is what we call a Progressive Republican, he's not much different from Hillary and if he won he would continue a lot of your agenda.
5. If no link is established between Christie and this "scandal" he will actually gain the experience to handle the mud slinging and trash talking that the left will dish out further down the road.

I don't like Christie, he's a progressive but I saw him speak yesterday for the first time and he has the gift.

Don't be naive.

All this is being powered by the far-right to make way for the usual band of loons in the 2016 primary.

Immie

Yes I can. Wasn't it this thread that I said in politics there are no conservatives? Everyone in National politics is a liberal. They would all sell their souls to the highest bidder. A true conservative would stick to his guns right or wrong. I can most definitely say that there is a difference.

Where I think you disagree with me is in the fact that you think there are actually conservatives in national politics. I disagree. Everyone of them lives by the liberal philosophy that they know what is best for you and, by god, you will do as they say... or else.

Immie

selling your soul doesnt make you a liberal. Thats a very lazy, ignorant thing to say, There is no true con or true liberal. Those will never exist because they can't. Therefore your opinion can not be proven in any fashion.

No i just disagree with everything you are saying. Its just not true. You are trying to paint conservatives in this wonderful light where they are this amazing being, almost god like. They arent and a "real conservative" isnt even what your opinion states.

Immie

selling your soul doesnt make you a liberal. Thats a very lazy, ignorant thing to say, There is no true con or true liberal. Those will never exist because they can't. Therefore your opinion can not be proven in any fashion.

No i just disagree with everything you are saying. Its just not true. You are trying to paint conservatives in this wonderful light where they are this amazing being, almost god like. They arent and a "real conservative" isnt even what your opinion states.

Actually, you are wrong. I am not trying to paint conservatives in a wonderful light and I said that earlier. I am trying to paint all politicians in an evil light. A conservative will stick to his guns right or wrong. A liberal will sell his soul to the highest bidder. Simple, but true.

I realize you put liberalism on an altruistic platform, but they are arrogant and evil. Anyone that believes they know what is best for me and believes they can force me to do what they "know" is best is an evil son of a bitch. That is liberal philosophy 101. That is why I say everyone of those politicians are liberal. Even the ones who claim to be conservative live by that philosophy.

Don't try to tell me there are conservatives in politics. That is a lie.

Immie

Last edited:

Immie

Actually, you are wrong. I am not trying to paint conservatives in a wonderful light and I said that earlier. I am trying to paint all politicians in an evil light. A conservative will stick to his guns right or wrong. A liberal will sell his soul to the highest bidder. Simple, but true.

I realize you put liberalism on an altruistic platform, but they are arrogant and evil. Anyone that believes they know what is best for me and believes they can force me to do what they "know" is best is an evil son of a bitch. That is liberal philosophy 101. That is why I say everyone of those politicians are liberal. Even the ones who claim to be conservative live by that philosophy.

Immie

No i am really not wrong, You are trying to paint conservatives as wonderful people, yet at the sametime saying there is no real Conservative in politics, thus they in your opinion are all liberal according to you.

I understand perfectly what you are trying to say and get across, its just not going to work. You keep saying this about sticking to guns and blah blah blah, and yet there is no real conservative out there, so your theory can not be tested.

Their are plenty of them in politics, that you consider them not is irrelevant, because their are others who do consider them conservative.
Yes yes liberals are evil.....yadda yadda, thats false but hey you are not going to grow in your knowledge about how things work. Its a black and white world for you and thats about it.

I mean we can take your opinion and say all parents are evil liberal sons of bitches.

Immie

No i am really not wrong, You are trying to paint conservatives as wonderful people, yet at the sametime saying there is no real Conservative in politics, thus they in your opinion are all liberal according to you.

I understand perfectly what you are trying to say and get across, its just not going to work. You keep saying this about sticking to guns and blah blah blah, and yet there is no real conservative out there, so your theory can not be tested.

Their are plenty of them in politics, that you consider them not is irrelevant, because their are others who do consider them conservative.
Yes yes liberals are evil.....yadda yadda, thats false but hey you are not going to grow in your knowledge about how things work. Its a black and white world for you and thats about it.

I mean we can take your opinion and say all parents are evil liberal sons of bitches.

Name one politician that does not believe he knows what is best for us and does not believe he has the right to force us to do it. Liberal philosophy 101.

Just one, please.

Immie

I am going to throw in the towel on this. I lose. It does not work and the more I tried to dig myself out, the deeper I got.

I still think politicians are evil and I despise their usage of thinking they know what is best for us and forcing us to do it, but to make the argument that there are no conservatives in politics is impossible to sustain beyond the statement that that is just how I see it and that does not cut the mustard so to speak.

Thanks to those who politely engaged my failed attempt.

Immie

According to the link there were 3 in the Senate.

Thanks, but I don't buy it.

I have lost all trust in politicians and the media.

Immie

I hope to never be that bitter and jaded. I have faith that many still enter politics with a desire to serve.

I wish they weren't beholden to corporate cash to do it.

Oh, don't get me wrong. I think most enter politics thinking they will be different. I just think the temptation is greater than anyone can bare.

Immie

Immie

Name one politician that does not believe he knows what is best for us and does not believe he has the right to force us to do it. Liberal philosophy 101.

Just one, please.

Immie

thats not a liberal idea.

Just one, please.

Immie

thats not a liberal idea.

Obamacare? Requiring seat belt? Banning smoking?

Really? Not a liberal idea? What would you call it?

Immie

I am not saying conservatives are perfect or even could do a better job. But not one of our leaders has a conservative bone in his or her body.

We need conservatives AND liberals. We need both trains of thought to keep us moving forward but not at breakneck speed.

The conservative mind is much more of the "live and let live" philosophy; whereas, liberals believe that they know what is best for everyone else and everyone else will live by their rules come Hell or High Water! Liberals will sell their values to the highest bidder i.e. health insurance companies, union bosses etc. but a conservative while he may be wrong generally maintains his values come Hell or High Water.

Again there is not one American political leader who displays any conservative thought. They are ALL in it for personal wealth. They ALL will sell their values to the highest bidder. A conservative, right or wrong will stand by his beliefs, not so a liberal. There is no way you can spin it. That it liberalism at its finest. That is American politics at its worst. That is what will finally destroy this once great nation.

True conservatives are in it for the betterment of the people. Show me one single American political figure that is in it for the good of the people. Just one.

Immie

One claim at a time.

Conservatives are "live and let live"?

Demonstrate that, please.

Live and let live...Yea, AFTER you piss in a cup, turn all female uterus's over to the state and pass the conservative 'swimming lesson'

Throw everyone into the river, the ones who crawl up on shore 'pass'

Straw man nonsense.

Immie

yes..When libs see liberalism exposed for what it is they quickly attempt to change the narrative.

Forum List

Back