So the lefties are trying to derail Christie's run before it even starts.

So the wing nut reactionaries of the far right are trying to derail Christie's run before it even starts, just like the lefties.

#5 - correct because the right despises political corruption, the left lives by it.

Immie

Huh?

Conservatives get pissed off at political corruption. Liberals live by it.

Now you are going to try to tell me Republicans are just as guilty of political corruption as Democrats. And guess what, I am going to agree with you. However, I will argue that Washington as well as each state government is completely run by liberals. There are no politicians that I can think of that live by conservative ideals. When you get right down to it, both Republicans and Democrats are seeking control of the masses because they "know better than we do". All members of both parties are authoritarian and seek to expand their own power through government. Those are liberal methods not conservative.
Face it, you own the country. You, liberals/progressives are 100% responsible for its demise. The parties have eliminated entirely conservative thought from their ranks and this country has suffered because of that.

I have more to say about this, but have company. I need to leave briefly.

Immie

If no politicians live by conservative ideals, then conservatism must be some kind of unattainable and undefinable thing that only exists in theory. Let us know when you find one. It'll be like finding a Higgs-Bosun.

#5 - correct because the right despises political corruption, the left lives by it.

Immie

Huh?

Now you are going to try to tell me Republicans are just as guilty of political corruption as Democrats. And guess what, I am going to agree with you. However, I will argue that Washington as well as each state government is completely run by liberals. There are no politicians that I can think of that live by conservative ideals. When you get right down to it, both Republicans and Democrats are seeking control of the masses because they "know better than we do". All members of both parties are authoritarian and seek to expand their own power through government. Those are liberal methods not conservative.
Face it, you own the country. You, liberals/progressives are 100% responsible for its demise. The parties have eliminated entirely conservative thought from their ranks and this country has suffered because of that.

Immie

thanks i needed the laugh

Continued from last post.

I am not saying conservatives are perfect or even could do a better job. But not one of our leaders has a conservative bone in his or her body.

We need conservatives AND liberals. We need both trains of thought to keep us moving forward but not at breakneck speed.

The conservative mind is much more of the "live and let live" philosophy; whereas, liberals believe that they know what is best for everyone else and everyone else will live by their rules come Hell or High Water! Liberals will sell their values to the highest bidder i.e. health insurance companies, union bosses etc. but a conservative while he may be wrong generally maintains his values come Hell or High Water.

Again there is not one American political leader who displays any conservative thought. They are ALL in it for personal wealth. They ALL will sell their values to the highest bidder. A conservative, right or wrong will stand by his beliefs, not so a liberal. There is no way you can spin it. That it liberalism at its finest. That is American politics at its worst. That is what will finally destroy this once great nation.

True conservatives are in it for the betterment of the people. Show me one single American political figure that is in it for the good of the people. Just one.

Immie

Last edited:

I am not saying conservatives are perfect or even could do a better job. But not one of our leaders has a conservative bone in his or her body.

We need conservatives AND liberals. We need both trains of thought to keep us moving forward but not at breakneck speed.

The conservative mind is much more of the "live and let live" philosophy; whereas, liberals believe that they know what is best for everyone else and everyone else will live by their rules come Hell or High Water! Liberals will sell their values to the highest bidder i.e. health insurance companies, union bosses etc. but a conservative while he may be wrong generally maintains his values come Hell or High Water.

Again there is not one American political leader who displays any conservative thought. They are ALL in it for personal wealth. They ALL will sell their values to the highest bidder. A conservative, right or wrong will stand by his beliefs, not so a liberal. There is no way you can spin it. That it liberalism at its finest. That is American politics at its worst. That is what will finally destroy this once great nation.

True conservatives are in it for the betterment of the people. Show me one single American political figure that is in it for the good of the people. Just one.

Immie

The reason we see so few conservatives in positions of leadership is that they have gone bat shit crazy

There was a time when conservatives were a party of intellectuals advocating restraint. They have been taken over by a modern John Birch Society looking for evil behind every bush

So the lefties are trying to derail Christie's run before it even starts. This could be a huge mistake on their part.

1. The public's attention span is very short.
2. Chris Christie isn't really a conservative and running him off can lead to a real conservative taking his place.
3. Hillery is VERY beatable and he isn't the only one who could do it.
4. Christie is what we call a Progressive Republican, he's not much different from Hillary and if he won he would continue a lot of your agenda.
5. If no link is established between Christie and this "scandal" he will actually gain the experience to handle the mud slinging and trash talking that the left will dish out further down the road.

I don't like Christie, he's a progressive but I saw him speak yesterday for the first time and he has the gift.

Christie is a smart politician. The same as the guy presently in the White House.
The difference is Christie is a no nonsense will tell you things you may not want to hear type. But he will make even the dissenters believe in his policies.
Look, how many governors can take on powerful public employee unions in a union heavy state, and WIN?
Christie id not a true conservative. He is a right wing populist.
And that is what wins in blue states.
Fiscal conservative and social moderate. That is the ticket.
I'd say Christie, should he decide to run for the GOP nomination, will be our next president.
That is if NJ reelecting him in a landslide is any kind of litmus test. If a Republican can get elected in a statewide election in a very blue state, the White House is a strong possibility.

You've got that flipped around. Christie isn't a "populist" at all - the tea party types are the populists.

Sez you. LOL

Immie

One claim at a time.

Conservatives are "live and let live"?

Demonstrate that, please.

Last edited:
You and others on the right need to get over the myth of 2010 you’ve contrived; 2010 was a net failure for republicans – it’s also ancient history you pathetically adhere to.

2010 was a net failure for the GOP because republicans failed to win the Senate that year, as well as gubernatorial elections in New York and California.

2010 was a net failure for the GOP because it demonstrated when TPM candidates are exposed to state-wide elections, they lose.

And we saw this again in 2012 when TPM candidates cost republicans the Senate a second time.

American voters reject extremism whether it’s left or right; this is a lesson republicans have failed to learn.

I have to laugh at how delusional some of you bed wetters are.

2010 was a massive win for the GOP. They gained every seat possible not just federally, but statewide.

The only "win" you bed wetters had in 2012 was keeping your fuhrer in office in spite of common sense. You barely won that election and it was only because your propagandists in the media destroyed every candidate until Romney was the only one left and no one in the republican camp really wanted him to begin with.

It was a good strategy, but that marginal victory will likely be a precursor to yet another stunning defeat in 2014. If I'm wrong I'm already prepared to "Go Galt" and jump ship before you parasites implode the country, but I'm optimistic enough to hang around for a while in hopes you assholes commit another "Jonestown" on a much more significant scale.

There you go again... under estimating the "WILL OF THE PEOPLE." You right winged crooks might steal a few seats in the house here and there this year but your chances of getting a GOP president elected in 2016 looks rather dismal. The GOP keeps shooting itself in the foot.

View attachment 28982

click on image to make larger​

Wait till we bring the muzzle up and resist you.

Immie

If no politicians live by conservative ideals, then conservatism must be some kind of unattainable and undefinable thing that only exists in theory. Let us know when you find one. It'll be like finding a Higgs-Bosun.

There aren't any.

And to be honest with you, even if I ran and somehow won, I am convinced the temptation would eventually overcome me and I would become just as evil as those we have in Washington today. Therefore, I have no intention of ever seeking political office.

You are right just as it is impossible to live a sin free life, it is also impossible to remain a truly conservative individual in today's American politics.

Immie

Immie

They are more like "live and let die".

Immie

thanks i needed the laugh

You are very welcome.

Immie

Immie

One claim at a time.

abortion, drugs, marriage, and depending on religion they dont.

Why does the OP think the "left" is doing anything with regard to Christie? The story broke.....there has been no liberal Darrell Issa holding hearings.

Why does the OP not know how to spell Hillary?

Who does the OP think has a chance to beat Hillary, other than Christie?

Isn't the fix in anyway? Isn't it impossible for a Republican to win the Presidency since the media promotes Democrats and millions of illegals and dead people vote Democrat?

How dense can you be? The left wing media is all over this story, and the liberals here have posted a plethora of threads on it.

I don't know why my phone changed the spelling of Hillary one time to Hillery.

I said Hillary is beatable and she is, for many reasons and it won't matter who runs against her.

And yes, it will be difficult because all if the reasons you mentioned, but not as difficult as Obama was.

And btw, you left out one more reason it will be difficult to beat a democrat; the ignorant and lazy now outnumber the smart and productive.

I would love for a nutter to prove that ignorant and lazy people vote.

Wanna try?

Ignorant and lazy...
Ok...Obama carried the white suburban moderate vote. The people who are focused on three things. Leaving their home in the morning, taking their little cupcakes to soccer practice and coming home.
They don't watch or read the news. They are too busy. They come home, close their garage door, close all the blinds in the windows. Their entire knowledge of the works is reading the headline on the front page of the newspaper which once that's over with, the paper gets tossed in the recycle bin. They watch crap like Real Housewives and other of those silly "reality" shows.
They chit chat in their cul de sac neighborhoods, I am voting for Obama because it's time for a black president"...."Oh yes, I agree."...They feared that a vote for another candidate would result in them no longer being invited to the annual block party and their crumb crunchers no longer welcome at play group.
Meanwhile they don't give a rat's ass about an issue unless it crawls across their immaculately kept front lawn.
That's ignorance( uninformed) and laziness.

Immie

The reason we see so few conservatives in positions of leadership is that they have gone bat shit crazy

There was a time when conservatives were a party of intellectuals advocating restraint. They have been taken over by a modern John Birch Society looking for evil behind every bush

Just had to blame it on Bush, I see. :)

I have to disagree though, the reason there are no conservatives in politics today is because they are all human and no matter how conservative one is when he enters the field, throw enough figures at him and he will eventually decide his soul can be sold for that kind of money and he can buy it back later.

Immie

Last edited:

Agree with most of what you said, but I'd add a small semantic wrinkle that is probably meaningless. I think real Libertarians (of which there are few) believe in "Live and Let Live", but many conservatives see a strong role for the State when it comes to enforcing social tradition, religion, morality, etc. Most of the regulations imposed on television come from conservative groups who believe that obscenity is corrupting our youth. These people want Big Government to play a large role in making sure our public sphere is free of obscenity, etc, and a fairly significant number want to use the centralizing power of Washington to impose their Christian Moral Vision. Do some research on evangelical lobbying groups and what they want from Washington.

I think Reagan, combining Libertarian fiscal policy with Conservative social policy, created a lot of confusion inside the minds of people who have never studied either outside of the popular media. Reagan's almost comical confusion of these two very distinct belief systems likely stems from Mr. Conservative - Barry Goldwater - who butchered the theoretical divide between Libertarianism and Conservatism. Any cursory glance of the things he said about the Christian Right or Homosexuality would make social conservatives cringe. But like Reagan, he kew the party needed a populism to attract the non-wealthy, so he played the conservative card. I applaud William F Buckley for attacking Ayn Rand and setting up some clear boundaries between Conservatism and Libertarianism, though I otherwise found him remarkably shallow.

Last edited:
How dense can you be? The left wing media is all over this story, and the liberals here have posted a plethora of threads on it.

I don't know why my phone changed the spelling of Hillary one time to Hillery.

I said Hillary is beatable and she is, for many reasons and it won't matter who runs against her.

And yes, it will be difficult because all if the reasons you mentioned, but not as difficult as Obama was.

And btw, you left out one more reason it will be difficult to beat a democrat; the ignorant and lazy now outnumber the smart and productive.

I would love for a nutter to prove that ignorant and lazy people vote.

Wanna try?

Ignorant and lazy...
Ok...Obama carried the white suburban moderate vote. The people who are focused on three things. Leaving their home in the morning, taking their little cupcakes to soccer practice and coming home.
They don't watch or read the news. They are too busy. They come home, close their garage door, close all the blinds in the windows. Their entire knowledge of the works is reading the headline on the front page of the newspaper which once that's over with, the paper gets tossed in the recycle bin. They watch crap like Real Housewives and other of those silly "reality" shows.
They chit chat in their cul de sac neighborhoods, I am voting for Obama because it's time for a black president"...."Oh yes, I agree."...They feared that a vote for another candidate would result in them no longer being invited to the annual block party and their crumb crunchers no longer welcome at play group.
Meanwhile they don't give a rat's ass about an issue unless it crawls across their immaculately kept front lawn.
That's ignorance( uninformed) and laziness.

Funny, that's how I picture most republican voters. Only difference is they watch "Duck Dynasty" or "Honey Boo-boo" and listen to Rush instead of read the paper.

Immie

One claim at a time.

American tax policy.

Conservative thought is people should work for a living and be able to keep their earnings. Taxes should be used more as payment for services rendered rather than redistribution of wealth.

Liberal thought is that "I" know what is best for America and for you. I will tax your income and put those taxes to use in what I deem best and some of those taxes must naturally come to me as compensation.

Immie

Last edited:

Forum List

Back