So Tomorrow Is Indigenous Peoples Day

First off..they're not indigenous. THey travelled here just like everybody else. The theory is they came through the Bering Strait. I'm celebrating columbus day. Columbus sailed the ocean blue in fourteen hundred and ninety two. Why do you supposed Columbus got the credit rather than Vespucci? Maybe he kept better records. The one with better records always prevails.

ColumbusDay.jpg

In their usual manner, the White House libs are pandering to both the Italians and the Injuns, portraying them both as "victims." On the same day even.

A Proclamation on Columbus Day, 2022​

"NOW, THEREFORE, I, JOSEPH R. BIDEN JR., President of the United States of America, do hereby proclaim October 10, 2022, as Columbus Day. I direct that the flag of the United States be displayed on all public buildings on the appointed day in honor of our diverse history and all who have contributed to shaping this Nation."

A Proclamation on Indigenous Peoples’ Day, 2022

"NOW, THEREFORE, I, JOSEPH R. BIDEN JR., President of the United States of America, do hereby proclaim October 10, 2022, as Indigenous Peoples’ Day. I call upon the people of the United States to observe this day with appropriate ceremonies and activities. I also direct that the flag of the United States be displayed on all public buildings on the appointed day in honor of our diverse history and the Indigenous peoples who contribute to shaping this Nation."

First off..they're not indigenous. THey travelled here just like everybody else. The theory is they came through the Bering Strait. I'm celebrating columbus day. Columbus sailed the ocean blue in fourteen hundred and ninety two. Why do you supposed Columbus got the credit rather than Vespucci? Maybe he kept better records. The one with better records always prevails.
Vespucci did do a lot; But then again, so did Ponce De León. Not all of it was good.

Vespucci did get not one but two sizable continents named after him, plus the people of the U.S.A. calling themselves after his name. Not too shabby.

Vespucci did get not one but two sizable continents named after him, plus the people of the U.S.A. calling themselves after his name. Not too shabby.
well you're absolutely right. He's done better than Columbus whose statues are being vandalized and/or moved out of sight.

Last edited:
Use your imagination. If Columbus had never come here, and other enlightened Western and Eastern populations decided to allow the America's to continue without outside interference, the indigenous people here would probably still...
  • have no real written language,
  • have not invented the wheel,
  • have no animals sufficiently domesticated to do work,
  • have not invented iron or steel, or any other metal sufficiently hard to make a durable blade,
  • have no gunpowder or other substance capable of explosion,
  • be practicing human sacrifice and cannibalism,
  • have average lifespans in the 30-40 years,
  • have nothing resembling actual medicine, as a skill or practice,
  • have no idea of the shape of the earth or what lies outside what is visible from American shores,
...you get the idea.

The best thing that ever happened to the indigenous people was the "invasion" by Europeans. Just like the best thing that ever happened in the family histories of African Americans was the transporting of their ancestors to these shores, as slaves.
That's a perfect example of white wing logic. If something never happened in this exact way it would never have happened at all. That's a great example of logical thought. For you. 😄 At least you're trying.

Forum List

Back